[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

James Dolan Sued; Shareholder Lawsuit Alleges He Focuses Too Much on His Band
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/2/2019  12:03 AM
Can't we just let the big guy do his thing. Who wants their boss hovering around anyway? I thought shareholders would be happy. I find it hard to believe that they miss his magic touch.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834187-james-dolan-sued-by-msg-shareholders-alleging-he-focuses-too-much-on-his-band

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/2/2019  12:09 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Can't we just let the big guy do his thing. Who wants their boss hovering around anyway? I thought shareholders would be happy. I find it hard to believe that they miss his magic touch.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834187-james-dolan-sued-by-msg-shareholders-alleging-he-focuses-too-much-on-his-band

I guess they want him to take it private and get the stock premium... or force him to sell the stake.
Not a bad idea.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/2/2019  8:11 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:Can't we just let the big guy do his thing. Who wants their boss hovering around anyway? I thought shareholders would be happy. I find it hard to believe that they miss his magic touch.

I wish I had a part time job that paid me 75.6 million...

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/2/2019  8:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Part-time job playing crappy music you force-feed your employees.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
knicks1248
5/2/2019  9:17 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Does he do anything full time, we know he's not a full time Knick/ranger owner, he drops by his MSG office every "blues moon", and he's not even a full time blues singer.

This is the definition of sleeping on a Bed-of-Roses, born with a silver spoon, this guy hasn't earned a penny of his millions, not a fcknng single cent..

ES
Allanfan20
USA
5/2/2019  9:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Does he do anything full time, we know he's not a full time Knick/ranger owner, he drops by his MSG office every "blues moon", and he's not even a full time blues singer.

This is the definition of sleeping on a Bed-of-Roses, born with a silver spoon, this guy hasn't earned a penny of his millions, not a fcknng single cent..

[sarcasm]Come on Knicks1248. Why can’t you ride that slide, close your eyes and just glide?[/sarcasm]

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

5/2/2019  10:13 AM
While I think maybe it's not the best look for shareholders to have their CEO out on tour... that's about it. I do think this is an attempt by some law firm to strong arm cash out of Dolan. It can't be fun to have these articles written. As long as he's doing his job he can do whatever the **** he wants in his free time. No one ever gave Bernie Williams **** about playing the guitar
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/2/2019  10:16 AM
Feel like Knicks fans would sue to KEEP him on tour and solidify months if not years away from MSG offices
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/2/2019  12:13 PM
wow. I just listened to his band on youtube. My lord they are terrible. I didnt realize he sang so much. Its just not good. They can play well. The music isnt slop, its just not good. Reminds me of a movie band... like a B rated movie about a band, and here they are.

You can tell Dolan is a giant child.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/2/2019  1:32 PM
fishmike wrote:wow. I just listened to his band on youtube. My lord they are terrible. I didnt realize he sang so much. Its just not good. They can play well. The music isnt slop, its just not good. Reminds me of a movie band... like a B rated movie about a band, and here they are.

His band gets played on this Sirius/XM station called "Coffeehouse" features mostly bands doing acoustic versions of their songs. Just cant picture young hipsters going to a coffee shop to hear Dolan sing. They arent a garage band, I'll give him that.

Believe a billionaire could make a great record (Dr Dre doesnt count) just not this billionaire. Would have to be a hell of a lot more introspective.

If Dolan wasnt playing rock star, he might start obsessing over the ratings this season, and demand a quick fix. Let the man have his fun!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2019  1:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

I wish you did too.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2019  1:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

He makes less than Melo. No biggie.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/2/2019  1:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:wow. I just listened to his band on youtube. My lord they are terrible. I didnt realize he sang so much. Its just not good. They can play well. The music isnt slop, its just not good. Reminds me of a movie band... like a B rated movie about a band, and here they are.

His band gets played on this Sirius/XM station called "Coffeehouse" features mostly bands doing acoustic versions of their songs. Just cant picture young hipsters going to a coffee shop to hear Dolan sing. They arent a garage band, I'll give him that.

Believe a billionaire could make a great record (Dr Dre doesnt count) just not this billionaire. Would have to be a hell of a lot more introspective.

If Dolan wasnt playing rock star, he might start obsessing over the ratings this season, and demand a quick fix. Let the man have his fun!

Yes. I'd rather have him holding the Straight Shot back than the Knicks. It's no coincidence that our front offices have been able to run with out much interference the past few years. Hell, I'll buy an album or two if it means he'll stay touring.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
5/2/2019  4:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yes. I'd rather have him holding the Straight Shot back than the Knicks. It's no coincidence that our front offices have been able to run with out much interference the past few years. Hell, I'll buy an album or two if it means he'll stay touring.

Is it a coincidence that we have had the worst record in the NBA since he stop interfering...phil was a disaster and mills has been even worse..Maybe that's why he's singing the blues...lol

ES
Allanfan20
USA
5/2/2019  4:51 PM

Yeah. You are right. The band isn’t god-awful but Dolan is just a terrible singer and lyricist.

Dolan has been proving to be a child for years and years now.

fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

5/2/2019  5:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I wish you did too.

LMAO
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

5/2/2019  5:36 PM
martin wrote:Feel like Knicks fans would sue to KEEP him on tour and solidify months if not years away from MSG offices

This.

Allanfan20
USA
5/3/2019  7:42 AM
fwk00 wrote:
martin wrote:Feel like Knicks fans would sue to KEEP him on tour and solidify months if not years away from MSG offices

This.

Pretty much the truth.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
5/3/2019  9:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

yea man totally. I rarely hate on folks in general. Who knows what their journey entails. But this guy is really easy to loathe. Everything about him just screams baby. He's so desperate for people to like him. He's so desperate for friends. I am sure the guy thinks his sobriety is some kind of life accomplishment. He's a giant rich kid. You are 100% right. Go play with your stupid band and let the grownups do the work for the Knicks
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/3/2019  10:50 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

yea man totally. I rarely hate on folks in general. Who knows what their journey entails. But this guy is really easy to loathe. Everything about him just screams baby. He's so desperate for people to like him. He's so desperate for friends. I am sure the guy thinks his sobriety is some kind of life accomplishment. He's a giant rich kid. You are 100% right. Go play with your stupid band and let the grownups do the work for the Knicks

The man does good works, doesn't make a big production out of doing a good turn for a stranger, as we've recently discovered. Shows that he gets it on some level.

Reminded of a line from "If" "Walk with Kings nor lose the common touch". Guessing fans would be more forgiving of whats happened to their team since he bought it, if he showed it more often. If Dolan wants to be liked by more Knicks fans, that would be the best way, next to the Knicks becoming contenders again. If Dolan lets Perry/Mills do their job, I believe it will happen in time.

There is a post story on the front page about how Perry sent scouts to the playoffs for free agency, trades. Apparently thats not normal. Cost more money too, so Im guessing Dolan might have gotten a heads up.

Dolan has never been shy about spending money to win. Difference is now that he's giving the front office the freedom to come up with new ideas. Until very recently, very little changed as far as how the Knicks did things. Hopefully it will pay off. Believe it will.

James Dolan Sued; Shareholder Lawsuit Alleges He Focuses Too Much on His Band

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy