Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
4/29/2019  9:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2019  9:34 AM
Kemet wrote:Plan A should be ..
Resign DJ as our starting center ..
Then sign FA Randle as our starting PF ..
Then go hard to sign FA Klay Thompson or FA Patrick Beverley to be our starter Guard !!!

Patrick Beverly ?? Are you related to him or something?
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/30/2019  12:26 PM
JesseDark wrote:Would you want him as a back up plan if we miss out on you know who? I don't want give him a long term deal.

https://247sports.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/Article/Exec-thinks-DeMarcus-Cousins-will-go-to-Lakers-or-Knicks-131523761/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=nba&fbclid=IwAR1yuGgh9qfw5uC3CQ1A9GYD7tFXX4biaDQ55hiMya0gpuNLlBRyS4yUL1U

One Western Conference executive thinks he knows which teams could think that way. "He'll be the Lakers' or the Knicks' consolation prize," he said according to Ken Berger of Bleacher Report. Of course, on paper, neither team makes much of any sense.

This is exactly the guy I DONT want. Lousy attitude. Injury prone. And will probably cost a max deal.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/30/2019  1:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Would you want him as a back up plan if we miss out on you know who? I don't want give him a long term deal.

https://247sports.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/Article/Exec-thinks-DeMarcus-Cousins-will-go-to-Lakers-or-Knicks-131523761/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=nba&fbclid=IwAR1yuGgh9qfw5uC3CQ1A9GYD7tFXX4biaDQ55hiMya0gpuNLlBRyS4yUL1U

One Western Conference executive thinks he knows which teams could think that way. "He'll be the Lakers' or the Knicks' consolation prize," he said according to Ken Berger of Bleacher Report. Of course, on paper, neither team makes much of any sense.

This is exactly the guy I DONT want. Lousy attitude. Injury prone. And will probably cost a max deal.

Wait what? You think there is a distinct possibility that the Knicks sign DeMarcu Cousins to a max deal? Am I reading this right?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/30/2019  1:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Plan be is not “Players” but a process. Where does it lead?
To me Amare was a reaction. Melo was not well thought out long term in my opinion.
Even the Durant/Kyrie plan requires roster changes.
Thus I’d have to be prepared to trade Zion and change for AD and roll with him, Durant and Kyrie.
Plan B? C? D? They all might be quite good but I don’t know them or the goal which each.

I would not like going that route because 2 of the three players are very injury prone. Not for Zion. Morant/Barrett sure.

Knicks can build around Zion for more than a decade. Injuries start piling up, dont believe these are the three to handle the media scrutiny. Would rather take the long road with a player this good.

As good as Ewing was, the 70s championship teams, never had that transcendent player that other franchises have as part of their foundation, legacy. Watching that happen at MSG would be amazing. Especially for the next generation of Knicks fans.

The window for that trio would be very brief, Im guessing. Of course if it happened I wouldn't get all broken up about it either.

Good points. There are so many combinations it makes the head spin. LIkely many of us will be not thrilled with a lessor than fantasy situations but the reality is more probable it will not be what we hoped. The path changes so often that to draw a line in the sand is not in my wheelhouse. I have taken sabbatical from the UK and relented after a few weeks. Knicks are my years long reality show with drama, tears, and hope. Is there gratification if no Chip?

Im hoping if KD and Kyrie join the Knicks, we win the Zion lotto. KD/Kyrie/Mitch/Zion, would be our "Big 4". 2 vets, two young players, to take the baton..eventually. Other players on the team might step up as well. Thats a short and a long term plan at the same time. A lot would have to go right however.

If its below at top 3 pick, Im all for bargaining. Davis would probably be the only player I would give up for Morant, who isnt an FA this summer.

I am with you and I think this is the scenario you (if youre the Knicks FO) work toward. While Zion sure does appear to give the Knicks a 3rd star in the making I think Barrett or Hunter at picks 2-5 could yield another all star caliber player.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Demarcus Cousins as plan B

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy