[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Demarcus Cousins as plan B
Author Thread
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
4/26/2019  9:23 PM
Would you want him as a back up plan if we miss out on you know who? I don't want give him a long term deal.

https://247sports.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/Article/Exec-thinks-DeMarcus-Cousins-will-go-to-Lakers-or-Knicks-131523761/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=nba&fbclid=IwAR1yuGgh9qfw5uC3CQ1A9GYD7tFXX4biaDQ55hiMya0gpuNLlBRyS4yUL1U

One Western Conference executive thinks he knows which teams could think that way. "He'll be the Lakers' or the Knicks' consolation prize," he said according to Ken Berger of Bleacher Report. Of course, on paper, neither team makes much of any sense.
Bring back dee-fense
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/26/2019  9:37 PM
JesseDark wrote:Would you want him as a back up plan if we miss out on you know who? I don't want give him a long term deal.

https://247sports.com/nba/golden-state-warriors/Article/Exec-thinks-DeMarcus-Cousins-will-go-to-Lakers-or-Knicks-131523761/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=nba&fbclid=IwAR1yuGgh9qfw5uC3CQ1A9GYD7tFXX4biaDQ55hiMya0gpuNLlBRyS4yUL1U

One Western Conference executive thinks he knows which teams could think that way. "He'll be the Lakers' or the Knicks' consolation prize," he said according to Ken Berger of Bleacher Report. Of course, on paper, neither team makes much of any sense.

This is the Amaresque signing I really dont want to see either. Cousins handling NY is one concern, big injuries are another. Was interested before the injuries, and Mitch. Sometimes the best deal is the one you walk away from. Resisting the temptation to sign Cousins if we strike out in free agency will be Perry/Mills second big test. Trading Melo (with his NTC) without doing long term damage to the cap, was the first.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
4/26/2019  9:37 PM
WAY too injury prone and not a great candidate to lead the team. Pass.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
JesseDark
4/26/2019  9:43 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:WAY too injury prone and not a great candidate to lead the team. Pass.

Yeah I agree, he is not the guy you want setting the tone of the locker room, especially on a young team.

Bring back dee-fense
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

4/27/2019  1:24 AM
only way i'd sign cousins is if kd and kyrie come here and he'd be willing to come off the bench. no way i'd commit to him being a starter
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/27/2019  10:21 AM
I am hoping they do what they say and don’t have a plan b in regards to using cap space on free agents. If they don’t get the K’s, I hope they use the space to acquire assets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
4/27/2019  1:00 PM
Plan G - this would worse then signing a Kris Middleton or B rated star for the max. He's talented but injured a lot and seems like a lousy locker room influence. As talented as he is, would really have to think about it even if he were willing to pay for the league minimum... He should go the the Spurs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2019  1:08 PM
Plan be is not “Players” but a process. Where does it lead?
To me Amare was a reaction. Melo was not well thought out long term in my opinion.
Even the Durant/Kyrie plan requires roster changes.
Thus I’d have to be prepared to trade Zion and change for AD and roll with him, Durant and Kyrie.
Plan B? C? D? They all might be quite good but I don’t know them or the goal which each.
GustavBahler

4/27/2019  1:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Plan be is not “Players” but a process. Where does it lead?
To me Amare was a reaction. Melo was not well thought out long term in my opinion.
Thus I’d have to be prepared to trade Zion and change for AD and roll with him, Durant and Kyrie.
Plan B? C? D? They all might be quite good but I don’t know them or the goal which each.

I would not like going that route because 2 of the three players are very injury prone. Not for Zion. Morant/Barrett sure.

Knicks can build around Zion for more than a decade. Injuries start piling up, dont believe these are the three to handle the media scrutiny. Would rather take the long road with a player this good.

As good as Ewing was, the 70s championship teams, never had that transcendent player that other franchises have as part of their foundation, legacy. Watching that happen at MSG would be amazing. Especially for the next generation of Knicks fans.

The window for that trio would be very brief, Im guessing. Of course if it happened I wouldn't get all broken up about it either.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/27/2019  1:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

I would not like going that route because 2 of the three players are very injury prone. Not for Zion. Morant/Barrett sure.

Knicks can build around Zion for more than a decade. Injuries start piling up, dont believe these are the three to handle the media scrutiny. Would rather take the long road with a player this good.

As good as Ewing was, the 70s championship teams, never had that transcendent player that other franchises have as part of their foundation, legacy. Watching that happen at MSG would be amazing. Especially for the next generation of Knicks fans.

The window for that trio would be very brief, Im guessing. Of course if it happened I wouldn't get all broken up about it either.

Good points. There are so many combinations it makes the head spin. LIkely many of us will be not thrilled with a lessor than fantasy situations but the reality is more probable it will not be what we hoped. The path changes so often that to draw a line in the sand is not in my wheelhouse. I have taken sabbatical from the UK and relented after a few weeks. Knicks are my years long reality show with drama, tears, and hope. Is there gratification if no Chip?

GustavBahler

4/27/2019  2:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Good points. There are so many combinations it makes the head spin. LIkely many of us will be not thrilled with a lessor than fantasy situations but the reality is more probable it will not be what we hoped. The path changes so often that to draw a line in the sand is not in my wheelhouse. I have taken sabbatical from the UK and relented after a few weeks. Knicks are my years long reality show with drama, tears, and hope. Is there gratification if no Chip?

Im hoping if KD and Kyrie join the Knicks, we win the Zion lotto. KD/Kyrie/Mitch/Zion, would be our "Big 4". 2 vets, two young players, to take the baton..eventually. Other players on the team might step up as well. Thats a short and a long term plan at the same time. A lot would have to go right however.

If its below at top 3 pick, Im all for bargaining. Davis would probably be the only player I would give up for Morant, who isnt an FA this summer.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/27/2019  2:11 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

I agree. Also, I think any trade for AD would involve moving Mitch. The Lnicks have been bad for a long time but this is the first time they have tried to remedy that by building through the draft, having cap space, young players and 7 first round picks in 5 years. It feels like the right approach and it is easier for me to be patient. Having the first pick in the second round would have been nice.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/27/2019  2:46 PM
I'd rather Julius randle as a plan B
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/28/2019  9:48 AM
Only for the max $ !!!
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
blkexec
Member: #748
4/28/2019  11:32 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'd rather Julius randle as a plan B

I agree....and my fear is zion turns out to be another julius randle....but that's a different discussion.

I had 2 Achilles injuries and I knew he would come back and perform well, from personal experience..now i never had a quad tear, but i still think hes too talented and too young to not perform.

But i didnt want him b4 the injuries....I thought he was a good cheap gamble after the Achilles tear...now hes someone that will ride the bench on a championship team.....not a team looking to develop a positive culture. But a team like the Lakers with an alpha Male in bron. Or GS, assuming they still have a championship ready team next season.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/28/2019  2:47 PM
blkexec wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I'd rather Julius randle as a plan B

I agree....and my fear is zion turns out to be another julius randle....but that's a different discussion.

I had 2 Achilles injuries and I knew he would come back and perform well, from personal experience..now i never had a quad tear, but i still think hes too talented and too young to not perform.

But i didnt want him b4 the injuries....I thought he was a good cheap gamble after the Achilles tear...now hes someone that will ride the bench on a championship team.....not a team looking to develop a positive culture. But a team like the Lakers with an alpha Male in bron. Or GS, assuming they still have a championship ready team next season.

Zion is Julius Handle on Rocket fuel. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Not to crap on Handle, because he's solid. I agree that Boogie doesn't make sense, unless it's on a friendly prove it deal. Even then, I'd have to think about it. Do we really need him around with Mitch here?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Member: #6148

4/28/2019  3:52 PM
Plan A should be ..
Resign DJ as our starting center ..
Then sign FA Randle as our starting PF ..
Then go hard to sign FA Klay Thompson or FA Patrick Beverley to be our starter Guard !!!
JesseDark
4/28/2019  9:26 PM
That’s thinking outside of the box. I wouldn’t want DJ as a starter, just as the backup/mentor to Mitch. The rest of the plan I like.
Bring back dee-fense
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/28/2019  10:03 PM
If we give COusins the max I'm done as a Knick fan
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/29/2019  8:10 AM
Cousins had to take a min salary last season because he didn't get any offers from anyone, he's not even a plan E.
ES
Demarcus Cousins as plan B

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy