arkrud wrote:
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:you just start checking out. I had Yankee season tickets for almost 15 years. When they got away from what made them good I just started checking out. Elsbury's contract was my line. I just stopped watched and spent the time doing other things. Stinky Knicks I will follow because of the young guys. Knox was whatever. Frank and DSjr were disappointments. Dotson and Trier look great and Mitch has laid the foundation to break out. NYC's Ben Wallace. That being said you still detach a bit... at least I do. Teams like this rarely have a ton of keepers, but I def got emotionally vested in bid Mitch this season and can only dream of a line up with Mitch and Dotson playing D next to KD/Kyrie. Fingers crossed. We can dream, but I do believe we have finally gone about this the right way.

DSjr's first game as a Knick was better than any game Frank had as a Knick, before or since then. DSjr put up those numbers with a bad back, and only knowing one teammate. I expect better things next season, if Smith jr is still here. Expect a better conditioned player, and a better floor general, without the starting lineup changing by the game. Believe some of you expected too much, too soon of Smith jr, under the circumstances.

I pretty much stopped watching the Yankees during the A-Rod era. Wish we could erase it from history. Wasnt just the juicing, it was what the way he went after his critics. Not going to look back nostalgically on that era. Still not watching like I used to. Remember seeing the old Yankee Stadium before the 70s renovation. Harder to remember as I get older. Things are looking better these days though. A new era.

There was so much turmoil this season it was like watching a basketball game break out at a car wreck. Agree that Mitch was the biggest positive this season. Knox turning the corner at the end, attacking from different angles, not just the top of the key, sharing the rock more, was also a positive development.

Kadeem Allen and Trier showed they can be good two-way bench players. DSJr showed IMO that if he's healthy, in top shape, and has worked on his shot in the offseason. He'll be the best PG we've had (in their prime) in decades. If you dont agree I got a Charleston Chew for ya buddy!

I hope you are right about DSjr. But his concerns were less physical and more being able to stay on the court and play high IQ basketball, the two things he totally failed to do. I like the young guys as a group, despite not being impressed with any of them individually. I think we have done a good job building up a youthful base and if we are able to sign two veteran stars that will be a nice base of role players to start.

Fish, it’s very difficult discern IQ. For a team full of players that were looking out for their own isolation play. Last night I saw more hockey assists watching GS play in one game then I saw all season from the Knicks.

It is?

My point is if a player is highly intelligent there is a very good chance that his I.Q. will take a hit because others lack it after all it’s a team game. Ntlikina to me is an intelligent basketball player but he was lost and looked more lost than last season. Why? Did his basketball I.Q. Go down? No he was surrounded by players who weren’t trying to be team players. The Knicks as a whole displayed a lack of basketball I.Q. more than players it maybe a reflection of the coach and system along with youth. In a bad team it is even more difficult to determine a players I.Q. For the game.

The new guy at posting and toasting was on the Film School podcast the other day. He talked a bit about what the Knicks ran on offense this year and said it was basically what Stevens runs in Boston and what Stotts runs in Portland. He was critical of Fiz’s substitutions but said he wasn’t concerned about the offense. The guy watches a ton of film and the podcast is worth listening to.

I’m sure Fizz ran something every team runs something but what differentiates coaches is their ability to adapt and make adjustments in the course of the game. Now Fizz was running something but were his players running the same thing?

The players were mostly run out of gym by every NBA team.
Fiz cannot come out and play for them.

I agree a Coach can’t play for his players but are the players playing and executing his scheme? See I can understand missing shots but were the shots good shots in the flow of the scheme. Missing shot is to be expected with young players and it most likely gets better with repetitiveness or better players.

Knicks were running out GLeaguers, first round cast offs, first and second year players, second round hopefuls, undrafted players and a couple of vets who definitely would not start or barely come off the bench on a decent team. Call it an excuse, call it whatever you want, but that was the reality.

That was towards the end the Knicks ran out G leaguers. That shouldn’t be an excuse for a coach the question isn’t we’re they winning were the Knicks executing a system. Forget misssd shots shooting were they taking the proper shots open looks.

AUTOADVERT
My line in the sand

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy