happy for Kanter
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/24/2019  8:48 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Adams has routinely given Kanter all he could handle. Happy to see him get over that hump. Adams had a relatively quiet playoffs was he hurt or did Kanter's neutralize him?

Kanter signed with Portland for 500K as an add on to a team that was already top 5 in the West. He is house money for anyone at that price regardless of flaws.

Of Course, a lot of teams would sign Kanter for the League Min. It comes down to price will Portland give him 15 million a year? I doubt it. I don't think he will get the Midlevel

The emotions are important... for the fans.
But for clubs it is all business. Dollars and cents.
Market will decide Kanters paycheck not his personality.
So we are going to see.
There is no doubt that both sides did the right thing and Knicks went very professional about it.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/25/2019  8:47 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Adams has routinely given Kanter all he could handle. Happy to see him get over that hump. Adams had a relatively quiet playoffs was he hurt or did Kanter's neutralize him?

Kanter signed with Portland for 500K as an add on to a team that was already top 5 in the West. He is house money for anyone at that price regardless of flaws.

Of Course, a lot of teams would sign Kanter for the League Min. It comes down to price will Portland give him 15 million a year? I doubt it. I don't think he will get the Midlevel

Your Nuts, portland has been trying to get kanter since he wanted out of Utah, he will easily get 10 to 15 mill on a 2 or 3 yr deal

ES
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/25/2019  10:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

Your Nuts, portland has been trying to get kanter since he wanted out of Utah, he will easily get 10 to 15 mill on a 2 or 3 yr deal

$10-15M per? Or $5M per? I can see $5M

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
4/25/2019  11:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/25/2019  11:22 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

5 mill, haha, Mario got 6.5 mill and he is 10x worse, hardway got almost 20, and avg 12 points in a contract yr.

19 teams will have more than 18 mill of cap space this off season..he is going to get paid especially after this playoff run.

stop hating

ES
martin
USA
4/25/2019  11:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

5 mill, haha, Mario got 6.5 mill and he is 10x worse, hardway got almost 20, and avg 12 points in a contract yr.

19 teams will have more than 18 mill of cap space this off season..he is going to get paid especially after this playoff run.

stop hating

So this is kinda why other posters don't respect your thought process more often. Hardaway was 24 when he got a new contract, same year a bunch of other guards like him were overpaid (think Blazemore and the like), let's call it the hangover from the salary cap raise (which started in 2016-17). He wasn't a totally known player but probably should have been. Kanter a much different situation.

Also, there is no way that there are 19 teams that will have $18M in salary cap space, that's just flat not reading whatever source you looked at correctly. Most likely what you are reading is max cap space IF all free agents dont resign, also probably without 1st round picks and cap holds, etc.

Start here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

I can see Kanter getting the full MLE from a capped out playoff team that needed him JUST as the last piece, some scenario like that.

If you think he is a starting player for a playoff team, well then perhaps $18M is your thing. Is he a $10M+ player off the bench?

knicks1248
4/25/2019  12:23 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

So this is kinda why other posters don't respect your thought process more often. Hardaway was 24 when he got a new contract, same year a bunch of other guards like him were overpaid (think Blazemore and the like), let's call it the hangover from the salary cap raise (which started in 2016-17). He wasn't a totally known player but probably should have been. Kanter a much different situation.

Also, there is no way that there are 19 teams that will have $18M in salary cap space, that's just flat not reading whatever source you looked at correctly. Most likely what you are reading is max cap space IF all free agents dont resign, also probably without 1st round picks and cap holds, etc.

I can see Kanter getting the full MLE from a capped out playoff team that needed him JUST as the last piece, some scenario like that.

If you think he is a starting player for a playoff team, well then perhaps $18M is your thing. Is he a $10M+ player off the bench?

kanter is only 26 yrs old, he's actually younger than THJ

but whatever, i'll bet you a case of whatever you drink that he gets much more than the mid level

ES
martin
USA
4/25/2019  1:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

but whatever, i'll bet you a case of whatever you drink that he gets much more than the mid level

You just glossed over the fact that everything your wrote was pretty much wrong.

Who cares what age Kanter is. Or THJr. Do you think Kanter's game is going to change much? Has it over the past 6 years? Dude is a known commodity.

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/25/2019  4:19 PM

Ha ha!

knicks1248
4/25/2019  4:22 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

You just glossed over the fact that everything your wrote was pretty much wrong.

Who cares what age Kanter is. Or THJr. Do you think Kanter's game is going to change much? Has it over the past 6 years? Dude is a known commodity.

I would say at least 80% of the NBA is grossly overpaid, including everyone on the knicks not name Mitch..I'm no sure why you think kanter won't be part of that 80%

You think at 26 yrs of age he's going to go from 18 mill per to 5mill..ooook

ES
martin
USA
4/25/2019  10:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

I would say at least 80% of the NBA is grossly overpaid, including everyone on the knicks not name Mitch..I'm no sure why you think kanter won't be part of that 80%

You haven't made 1 argument FOR Kanter, just some vague snide comments.

It's clear you dont know the salary cap context out there. Or what a guy like Kanter represents to team with very precious cap space. Name a team who you think would use more than $15M on Kanter next year over the players who are free agents and the players they would need to resign as well as the first round picks.

Suggest a team, a very specific team. Or more than 1 team, go for 5 teams cause you suggested like 18 have cap space.

knicks1248
4/26/2019  11:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/26/2019  11:29 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

It's clear you dont know the salary cap context out there. Or what a guy like Kanter represents to team with very precious cap space. Name a team who you think would use more than $15M on Kanter next year over the players who are free agents and the players they would need to resign as well as the first round picks.

Suggest a team, a very specific team. Or more than 1 team, go for 5 teams cause you suggested like 18 have cap space.

I don't see him getting above 15m, that maybe a stretch, definitely 10 to 12m..

I also see him wanting to remain with portland considering the success they are having with him in the mix, so he might take a volunteer pay cut.

I also clearly understand where you're coming from (seeing that he doesn't shoot 3's and is a subpar defender)but you can't ignore 14ppg and 10.5rb,clearly that's worth more than a 5m..

I don't know what team will want him, because there are quite a few bigs that might change teams

ES
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/26/2019  11:52 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

I also see him wanting to remain with portland considering the success they are having with him in the mix, so he might take a volunteer pay cut.

I also clearly understand where you're coming from (seeing that he doesn't shoot 3's and is a subpar defender)but you can't ignore 14ppg and 10.5rb,clearly that's worth more than a 5m..

I don't know what team will want him, because there are quite a few bigs that might change teams

u seem to be ignoring the fact that he's been dropped by 3 consecutive franchises who all said u can't have this guy on the floor during crunch time.
martin
USA
4/26/2019  12:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

stop hating

Know the salary cap structure.

For Kanter to get $10M-12M a team would need to use cap space, and this will happen AFTER they sign their own free agents (who will have their own cap holds). Which teams will have even $12M to sign someone like Kanter?

Use this link to start: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

Name some possible teams that you think will sign him. Any

happy for Kanter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy