[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Most likely Free Agent to be signed

Author Poll
Panos
Member: #520
In spite of all the propaganda, I'll be the house KD doesn't come to NYK this summer. I don't think he could handle the pressure.
Please vote not on who you want to come, but most realistic to come. Feel free to with your most likely pair of free agents.
Kevin Durant
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Demarcus Cousins
Nikola Vucavic
Jimmy Butler
Tobias Harris
Khris Middleton
Eric Bledsoe
Julius Randle
D Russel
Al Horford
View Results

Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/7/2019  12:45 PM
Gustav,
Thanks for posting that article. For those not on a low sodium diet (Salty) its a very good read.
I had no idea the nets were last in attendance and TV ratings so low. The only thing I'll find fault on that article is the Nets are very boring but fundamentally they have been doing the right things and made the freaking playoffs. Durant opting for Brooklyn makes them a very good team. Same for Clippers. The "Little brother" syndrome thing if any thing creates an opportunity and if Durant is willing to take on knicks, then he might be open to new legacy opportunity.
He did put his Malibu house on the market recently. That's either for show or its for real.
The article frames a good look for the knicks. Seems like we should be more excited about Knox going forward??
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
5/9/2019  3:59 AM
Based on Perry's comments on MSG 150, I now think we'll target Kemba Walker over Kyrie, just based on what he said regarding attitude and FA's needing to buy in to what we're doing (developing the young players, which Kyrie didn't seem too keen on in Boston).
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
5/9/2019  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2019  10:03 AM
smackeddog wrote:Based on Perry's comments on MSG 150, I now think we'll target Kemba Walker over Kyrie, just based on what he said regarding attitude and FA's needing to buy in to what we're doing (developing the young players, which Kyrie didn't seem too keen on in Boston).

If you want winning culture Kemba is the way to go as 2nd FA after KD.
If we draft Ja it's a mute point. We do not need PG then.
So Leonard (unlikely) or Butler (for 2 years max + team option) became more appealing.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
5/9/2019  10:14 AM
arkrud wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Based on Perry's comments on MSG 150, I now think we'll target Kemba Walker over Kyrie, just based on what he said regarding attitude and FA's needing to buy in to what we're doing (developing the young players, which Kyrie didn't seem too keen on in Boston).

So Leonard (unlikely) or Butler (for 2 years max + team option) became more appealing.

This thing is so wide open with possabilities/opportunity and EXPECTATIONS! I think its not realistic to think we can go from 17 wins to contention in one summer. With blue chip youth potential, picks and cap space its a fun time to look ahead and the potential of the next few years.

We can dream though, we can dream!

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
5/9/2019  11:14 AM
arkrud wrote:

IF any NY Knick front office people are monitoring this board and care at all about what we think, I will make this statement.

"Please, DO not bring Kyrie Irving to NY this summer or ever. He will be Melo 2.0 here. Some great moments but no championships. NO KYRIE IRVING!!"

THe team should build around Kahii Leonard as a first choice. Then if KL can work with KD, go for KD. KD is second, ONLY because of his age. He will be 31 next season...by the end of the 4 years, he will not be the same player he is today. KD is. IMO, the best player in the game right now. For me, KD, KL and JA is the perfect summer. Then you trade away DSj and other pieces to bolster your front court depth, keeping Dotson, Trier and Mudiay. DJ would also be an ideal keeper.

Also by no means trade Mitchell Robinson.

Nalod
USA
5/9/2019  12:55 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
arkrud wrote:

IF any NY Knick front office people are monitoring this board and care at all about what we think, I will make this statement.

"Please, DO not bring Kyrie Irving to NY this summer or ever. He will be Melo 2.0 here. Some great moments but no championships. NO KYRIE IRVING!!"

THe team should build around Kahii Leonard as a first choice. Then if KL can work with KD, go for KD. KD is second, ONLY because of his age. He will be 31 next season...by the end of the 4 years, he will not be the same player he is today. KD is. IMO, the best player in the game right now. For me, KD, KL and JA is the perfect summer. Then you trade away DSj and other pieces to bolster your front court depth, keeping Dotson, Trier and Mudiay. DJ would also be an ideal keeper.

Remember last year when Kawhai was a mess? I agree with most of what your saying. Kyrie as "coming home savior" alpha dog" I say NO!
Kyrie as "Im good with Deputy dog. I learned so much about leadership and messed up but will be smarter having experienced it".
Kyrie might have grown from all of this. Maybe not.
And no trade with Mitch.

BTW, Knicks front office might not be here but Berman is. He steals my shyt all the time.

smackeddog
5/9/2019  1:37 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Don't think anyone on this board would take Irving over Leonard, the issue is there has been zero hints that Leonard will come here- seems to be down to either Clips or remain with Craptors (I guess depending on how far they go in the playoffs).

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/9/2019  10:45 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/10/2019  7:47 PM
I’m not sure if this was posted on the board elsewhere but Stephen A Smith reported that he heard there is a 95% chance that KI and KD sign with the knicks. I believe it.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/11/2019  8:57 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I’m not sure if this was posted on the board elsewhere but Stephen A Smith reported that he heard there is a 95% chance that KI and KD sign with the knicks. I believe it.

Hoping there is a 95 percent chance that Kyrie only comes to NY with LeBron. Not just about talent, but fit.

smackeddog
5/11/2019  11:53 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:I’m not sure if this was posted on the board elsewhere but Stephen A Smith reported that he heard there is a 95% chance that KI and KD sign with the knicks. I believe it.

The thing with KD & Kyrie (or even Kemba) is that along with Trier, Knox and DSJ, it leaves us with a lot of ball stoppers- think we'd need to get rid of at least one of them

GustavBahler

5/11/2019  1:32 PM
smackeddog wrote:

The thing with KD & Kyrie (or even Kemba) is that along with Trier, Knox and DSJ, it leaves us with a lot of ball stoppers- think we'd need to get rid of at least one of them

Guess you were more focused on losing..

smackeddog
5/11/2019  4:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't understand what you're saying

smackeddog
5/11/2019  4:21 PM
Windhurst reporting Kyrie has had discussions with LeBron about reuniting with LeBron in LA. I do think that's the most likely destination for him.
GustavBahler

5/11/2019  4:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't understand what you're saying

Im saying your scouting abilities leave something to be desired....

smackeddog
5/12/2019  3:00 AM
smackeddog wrote:Windhurst reporting Kyrie has had discussions with LeBron about reuniting with LeBron in LA. I do think that's the most likely destination for him.

Especially now they've hired J Kidd as an assistant coach

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/12/2019  4:15 AM
What if it’s Kyrie and Kawhi, could we be ok with that IF we snag Zion?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
5/12/2019  9:18 AM
Cartman718 wrote:What if it's Kyrie and Kawhi, could we be ok with that IF we snag Zion?

Of course--think we'd all love to sign Kawhi but don't talk about it much because there seems to be no chance he'll come here.

My ideal scenario would be the number 2 pick (Ja Morant) and KD and KL, I just don't think there's any hope it would happen

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/12/2019  11:20 AM
smackeddog wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Windhurst reporting Kyrie has had discussions with LeBron about reuniting with LeBron in LA. I do think that's the most likely destination for him.

Especially now they've hired J Kidd as an assistant coach

Also, some speculation that Lue wasn’t hired because Kyrie would not go there if Lue was the coach.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

5/13/2019  9:50 PM
Didnt want to start a new thread. Hope Zion doesnt go to the Suns either. What a mess.

Most likely Free Agent to be signed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy