[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Good interview with Fiz
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
4/18/2019  3:28 AM

One thing that stands out is that there is no mention of Frank- Fiz talks about plans for and reviews the progress of Mitch, Trier, DSJr and Knox but not Frank.

Assuming Frank is a goner, where do you think he ends up? I remember Magic were interested in him at the deadline, so he could end up going there for a second rounder or something (though they did trade a first fro Fultz so not sure if they're still interested). There's always the chance we get rid of him to save on his salary (it would free up about $3+mil). If it's for a player, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded him for Malik Monk- Mills wanted to draft him instead of Frank, he hasn't done particularly well with the Hornets so I think they would be willing to move him, I think Frank might be a good fit next to Kemba, plus Tony Parker could mentor him (they have a good relationship). I'd rather keep Frank but I suppose Monk might give you better shooting, plus he has been injured the past 2 off seasons so hasn't had chance to work on his game so he might still be able to take another step forward.

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/18/2019  7:08 AM
Man..I hope they don't give up on frank. We need a stopper in the perimeter. Players like harden and curry are running around this league unchecked.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2019  8:26 AM

Perry is quoted today in the post about Frank as “We expect him to shoot better next season”......UK has the article posted in “News”.
My take is Hahn I’d don’t ask him about it or it was edited out.
Evidence he might be gone:

1. Fiz and Perry quoted how unfortunate he was injured most of this season. They like the kid but its a business too.
2. The Post loves to say they reported he might be dealt draft night. Over and over.

Fiz talked about the new players and not frank. They talked about Mitch, Trier, DSJ and they are new this year. There was lots to talk about besides those guys. Being a Frank fanboy Nalod professes a lack of objectivity.
Monk won’t make that much less than frank and your talking about swapping two under performing players. Other than being French, does he really get along good with Parker? Charlotte does not know if Kemba is coming back.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/18/2019  8:50 AM
if we end up at 5, I could see them packaging Frank and the pick for something else- lets say three of the four celtic picks (If they end up with Memphis pick, top 8 protected.) That would give you 14, 20 & 22.

Personally, I'm not saying whether I would or if we should do something like that - we need impact players and we need depth.

Again - just thinking that we end up at 4/5, I could see the pick and Frank packaged. Maybe it goes in a S&T for someone so we can really max someone out.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2019  10:07 AM
The beauty of this moment is the wide open ability to do about anything. That incudes doing little or kicking the can down the road until an opportunity presents itself.
We are prepared. As per usual we might find ourselves disappointed as we "Suffered long enough and want........". I get that. Its foolish to just spend the money and at the same time trading down sounds good but if we don't value the pick, why would others? If you don't have a valid market bidding on the pick then value is not apparent.
Somewhere there is a grease board with plan A, B, C, Etc. Lottery order will reprioritize some things.
Boston has 4 picks and obviously can't absorb 4 rookies making sense if "win now" is the priority. Those picks can be used in many many ways. For them they have to draft but by seasons end they should have a commitment or not with Kyrie. Fact is Kyrie mignt not make up his mind so fast. He might just say he would be open to returning but wants to visit his options.
Fiz knows Knox and Frank need strength and health. We can read cryptic signs regarding Frank but one thing is clear either by quote or our own eyes: "He must hit open shots". He does everything else well enough.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/18/2019  4:09 PM
Frank getting traded could turn out to be the best thing that happens to him in the NBA. Doubt Fizdale has the patience for sitting through another season of the same from Frank. Not when his salary can be applied to more proven players.

Frank needs a wake up call. Doubt he will find one in NY. Still time to turn his game around. Enough time to say that another team should give it a go. A few months in G-League with the sole purpose of getting Frank to play more aggressively might be just what he needs. More time, less pressure. Believe ite been established that Frank isnt too good for G-League. Not at the moment.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2019  7:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Frank getting traded could turn out to be the best thing that happens to him in the NBA. Doubt Fizdale has the patience for sitting through another season of the same from Frank. Not when his salary can be applied to more proven players.

Frank needs a wake up call. Doubt he will find one in NY. Still time to turn his game around. Enough time to say that another team should give it a go. A few months in G-League with the sole purpose of getting Frank to play more aggressively might be just what he needs. More time, less pressure. Believe ite been established that Frank isnt too good for G-League. Not at the moment.

if it takes one injury plagued season with a 20 year old for Fizdale to call it quits on him he's not the guy you want developing your players. Especially if we get a couple scorers like KD/Kyrie Frank instantly becomes one of our more valuable role players. I really hope we are patient with him
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2019  10:27 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Frank getting traded could turn out to be the best thing that happens to him in the NBA. Doubt Fizdale has the patience for sitting through another season of the same from Frank. Not when his salary can be applied to more proven players.

if it takes one injury plagued season with a 20 year old for Fizdale to call it quits on him he's not the guy you want developing your players. Especially if we get a couple scorers like KD/Kyrie Frank instantly becomes one of our more valuable role players. I really hope we are patient with him
I haven’t heard the interview yet but I don’t think Fizdale sees Frank’s primary position as point guard. He doesn’t shoot well enough to get a ton of minutes at the two. Not sure how you fix Frank but I don’t think Fiz is going to force the issue by giving minutes to Frank just at the point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/19/2019  9:01 AM
Frank needs to stay. While it’s true he has been given many chances to have success, they all have been surrounded by inconsistent lineup changes and very different philosophies regarding how Frank should really play. While he should improve his shooting, the rest should be allowed to play the way he wants to. He does great defending and can execute plays demanded. He might not be the starting point guard everyone wanted, but he surely could be that backup guard that can play both positions and even defend others in the game. That is SUPER useful in a winning team, which should be our main goal next season.

Frank’s trade value is very low right now so frankly, the best decision is to keep him and let him become an improved version of the player he is, and not anything else we might hope he would be.

Knicks_Fan
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/19/2019  9:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2019  9:08 AM
Knicksfan wrote:Frank needs to stay. While it’s true he has been given many chances to have success, they all have been surrounded by inconsistent lineup changes and very different philosophies regarding how Frank should really play. While he should improve his shooting, the rest should be allowed to play the way he wants to. He does great defending and can execute plays demanded. He might not be the starting point guard everyone wanted, but he surely could be that backup guard that can play both positions and even defend others in the game. That is SUPER useful in a winning team, which should be our main goal next season.

Frank’s trade value is very low right now so frankly, the best decision is to keep him and let him become an improved version of the player he is, and not anything else we might hope he would be.

I'm open to keeping Frank, but the issue is his salary. At his $5 mil salary slot, they can sign a quality rotation player, either from another team or bring back someone like Vonleh. If we add 2 max free agents, that 5 mil will be better utilized, and he should be moved for a future pick. Moving Frank and DSjr would create an extra 9 mil in cap space. Again, this is only if we land 2 top FAs.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/19/2019  9:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Frank needs to stay. While it’s true he has been given many chances to have success, they all have been surrounded by inconsistent lineup changes and very different philosophies regarding how Frank should really play. While he should improve his shooting, the rest should be allowed to play the way he wants to. He does great defending and can execute plays demanded. He might not be the starting point guard everyone wanted, but he surely could be that backup guard that can play both positions and even defend others in the game. That is SUPER useful in a winning team, which should be our main goal next season.

I'm open to keeping Frank, but the issue is his salary. At his $5 mil salary slot, they can sign a quality rotation player, either from another team or bring back someone like Vonleh. If we add 2 max free agents, that 5 mil will be better utilized, and he should be moved for a future pick. Moving Frank and DSjr would create an extra 9 mil in cap space. Again, this is only if we land 2 top FAs.

Valid point, but when you consider that it’s highly unlikely that 9 mill opens up because DSJr is part of the core, then it does really depend on what happens in free agency. If we sign two stars, I could see some moves happening to get that team more ready talent. But if our best pick up this offseason is our draft pick, we should keep this kid around as part of the building up.

Knicks_Fan
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/19/2019  9:52 AM
fishmike wrote:

Its not like Fizdale doesnt know how Frank's rookie season went. Frank plays like he is years away from fulfilling his potential. If Frank had been more aggressive this season, believe Fizdale would be more patient with Frank because its just a matter of those FG attempts going in. Unfortunately Frank isnt even at that point yet.

Thats why I cant blame Fizdale for wanting to work more with players who dont have to be begged to take the shot, to take the ball to the rim. That cap space could get us a player who could have a more immediate impact. Frank had all of the offseason to develop a more vigorous offense, there was no growth in that dept. Fizdale sees that as well. We have good backcourt prospects without Frank, and 1st round picks in the coming years.

Good interview with Fiz

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy