[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Zion Declared for the draft
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/22/2019  4:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I heard the Suns are seriously interested in drafting Ja over Zion if that opportunity is present.

Suns really need a PG. I read some of that but it was speculative and the allure of Zion and the cash flow he can bring would be too hard to pass up.

Id be very surprised if they passed on Zion for the reasons you cited. Like printing money. Just dont want Zion to go the Bulls. Not again. Scrap the lotto if that happens, lol.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/22/2019  4:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:I heard the Suns are seriously interested in drafting Ja over Zion if that opportunity is present.

Suns really need a PG. I read some of that but it was speculative and the allure of Zion and the cash flow he can bring would be too hard to pass up.

Id be very surprised if they passed on Zion for the reasons you cited. Like printing money. Just dont want Zion to go the Bulls. Not again. Scrap the lotto if that happens, lol.

It's the time of year where you'll hear all sorts of different B.S. from teams
. The Suns need every position aside from center and shooting guard. I doubt they pass on Zion. Especially the way they've been searching for a fix at PF the past several drafts. They might consider trading for the #2 pick and additional assets. Hopefully we won't have to even think about that scenario.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

4/22/2019  5:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

. The Suns need every position aside from center and shooting guard. I doubt they pass on Zion. Especially the way they've been searching for a fix at PF the past several drafts. They might consider trading for the #2 pick and additional assets. Hopefully we won't have to even think about that scenario.

Yup, doubt anyone passes on Zion. Perry/Mills know that passing on Zion would have to pay off in such a big way, not just one player would have to pan out. Not worth getting cute with a possible number one pick, this draft of all drafts.

Doubt even Ainge would give up Zion for picks and/or players.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/23/2019  10:52 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yup, doubt anyone passes on Zion. Perry/Mills know that passing on Zion would have to pay off in such a big way, not just one player would have to pan out. Not worth getting cute with a possible number one pick, this draft of all drafts.

If the Suns offered Booker, or Portland Offered CJ for a top 3 pick would you do it?

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2019  12:33 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

If the Suns offered Booker, or Portland Offered CJ for a top 3 pick would you do it?

Not for zion, but Booker for 2nd pick Morant? I'd do it if I know I have Kyrie and Durant in my back pocket.
The question is how do I pay for Booker whose contract extension is substantial. Then you don't have money for 2 max players.
That's the issue with trading for AD. Its not the talent drain, its the money also.

GustavBahler

4/23/2019  1:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Would be happy with a top 3 pick, would only trade the third pick for Booker or CJ. Zion or Morant, dont want to see traded. They would be closer to the timeline of our recent draft picks.

Would prefer to see Perry/Mills sign upper tier players, without including our pick in this year's draft. If we could draft Zion and give up a future first rounder instead for an all-star, that would be a better idea IMO. A future first rounder wouldn't be a big deal, under the circumstances.

knicks1248
4/23/2019  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2019  3:49 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Not for zion, but Booker for 2nd pick Morant? I'd do it if I know I have Kyrie and Durant in my back pocket.
The question is how do I pay for Booker whose contract extension is substantial. Then you don't have money for 2 max players.
That's the issue with trading for AD. Its not the talent drain, its the money also.

KD and AD on the same team does not seem like a good fit together, especial in a today's guard heavy rosters.

getting a nice SG like boooker to go with a big like KD, seems like a better fit

ES
knicks1248
4/23/2019  3:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Would be happy with a top 3 pick, would only trade the third pick for Booker or CJ. Zion or Morant, dont want to see traded. They would be closer to the timeline of our recent draft picks.

Would prefer to see Perry/Mills sign upper tier players, without including our pick in this year's draft. If we could draft Zion and give up a future first rounder instead for an all-star, that would be a better idea IMO. A future first rounder wouldn't be a big deal, under the circumstances.

You really never know how these TOP picks game and skills will translate in the NBA, and history has shown us that there has been way more flops then there have been success stories.

I probably would trade zion before i trade morant because the knicks have not had a legit all star PG since walt frazier..

ES
GustavBahler

4/23/2019  4:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You really never know how these TOP picks game and skills will translate in the NBA, and history has shown us that there has been way more flops then there have been success stories.

I probably would trade zion before i trade morant because the knicks have not had a legit all star PG since walt frazier..

Zion is more than another human highlight reel. His teammates say that he is also one of the smartest players out there. The kind of combination you dont see often. Zion could have gone to dozens of other reputable college programs. Knowing his potential (his box office appeal) lots of coaches would have let Zion dominate the ball. Williamson went for teamwork.

No one knows for sure how Zion will turn out as a pro. Knowing what we do about him as a player, as a teammate. It would be a mistake IMO 100 out of 100 times to pass on a player with Williamson's skill set. Too skilled and athletic to consider to be just another blue chip athlete.

Morant looks like he might turn out to be a special player, maybe like Penny Hardaway speaking of "Blue Chips". Zion has the skills to be a multi-generational player, like the Knicks never had. You dont pass on that opportunity IMO, if its there.

Especially not after an ugly ass season like this one!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/23/2019  5:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

That's not a reason, its an emotional symptom.
Kyrie is my PG for Zion. KD is my outside sniper too. I like Morant and he might be special, but Zion can play point forward and his upside is unlimited. He might bust. so might Morant.
You don't pass on This kind of player. Mark Jax and Strickland were legit PG's here. Knicks just too stupid to have stuck with them.
My fantasy has three sides

......../.\.......
Zion/__\K-D
......Kyrie.....

Like a Triangle! A triad of greatness.
We have 14.7% chance. Better than anyone. On May 14th we'll know if my first side can come true.
Im not counting on anyting.

Zion Declared for the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy