[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

so looks like Trier is not so liked around the campfire
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/16/2019  10:14 PM
could be trade bait for an upgrade
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/17/2019  10:18 AM
TheGame wrote:In the beginning of the year, he was a ball hog but even then the guy made quick decisions with the ball. He was playing for his contract, so I understood it. By the end of the year, he was passing more and playing more within the offense, so I think the whole thing is overblown. When you shoot 45% from the field and 39% from 3, AS A ROOKIE, you are going to get the green light to shoot. Trier was an amazing find who should have been a first round pick.

I agree, but when you put a bunch of guys together who are all fighting for their next contract, your going to get a lot of hero ball..I figured that out during the last 17 game win season

When some complained that D rose an Jennings were ignoring KP, they never took into consideration that they were both playing for new contracts..You think those guys developed that mentality overnight..Once you start playing like that at a young age, it becomes a habit.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2019  12:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TheGame wrote:In the beginning of the year, he was a ball hog but even then the guy made quick decisions with the ball. He was playing for his contract, so I understood it. By the end of the year, he was passing more and playing more within the offense, so I think the whole thing is overblown. When you shoot 45% from the field and 39% from 3, AS A ROOKIE, you are going to get the green light to shoot. Trier was an amazing find who should have been a first round pick.

I agree, but when you put a bunch of guys together who are all fighting for their next contract, your going to get a lot of hero ball..I figured that out during the last 17 game win season

When some complained that D rose an Jennings were ignoring KP, they never took into consideration that they were both playing for new contracts..You think those guys developed that mentality overnight..Once you start playing like that at a young age, it becomes a habit.

Rose "habit" was a former MVP playing. He is an attack the rim player.
Jennings a career journeyman who did not make it thru the season.
How does that equate to Trier situation?
IN your Rainman thinking every 17 win season is the same? Likewise every 54 win season the same? You have mentioned your love for the woodson lead team and that it got "ruined" by bad decisions. I surmise it was created by bad decisions and the 39 win aftermath was evidence. 5 players retired that season and we bring in Barg's.
Old news.
New news.........Next season will have many different faces and challenges. It won't be the same.
I think with a top 5 picks and max space there is potential for change. Trier could be moved for a late 1st round pick if determined. A free agent signing we can move for a pick would be great.

knicks1248
4/17/2019  2:23 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

IN your Rainman thinking every 17 win season is the same? Likewise every 54 win season the same? You have mentioned your love for the woodson lead team and that it got "ruined" by bad decisions. I surmise it was created by bad decisions and the 39 win aftermath was evidence. 5 players retired that season and we bring in Barg's.
Old news.
New news.........Next season will have many different faces and challenges. It won't be the same.
I think with a top 5 picks and max space there is potential for change. Trier could be moved for a late 1st round pick if determined. A free agent signing we can move for a pick would be great.

When you sober up (seems like you've been high forever) understand the difference

The previous 17 win seasons had 8 guys with 1 yr contracts, close to what we have this season

the 54 season was not a fluke, Tyson(DOY) got hurt, JR smith(6th man of the yr) was playing through a rehab knee, kid retired, Amare was hurt..More importantly..Mills took over as president and did jack sht other than sign JR's brother...At the start of that 54 win season Grunwald had everyone signed for 2 to 3 yrs to very reasonable contracts..so no ones going in playing for a contract other than Jr smith..

The problem is not just Trier, it's the person in charge is giving him free reign to play selfish, almost advocating it..

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/17/2019  3:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

When you sober up (seems like you've been high forever) understand the difference

The previous 17 win seasons had 8 guys with 1 yr contracts, close to what we have this season

the 54 season was not a fluke, Tyson(DOY) got hurt, JR smith(6th man of the yr) was playing through a rehab knee, kid retired, Amare was hurt..More importantly..Mills took over as president and did jack sht other than sign JR's brother...At the start of that 54 win season Grunwald had everyone signed for 2 to 3 yrs to very reasonable contracts..so no ones going in playing for a contract other than Jr smith..

The problem is not just Trier, it's the person in charge is giving him free reign to play selfish, almost advocating it..

Tyson got ate up in the playoffs, got injuried and never duplicated his DOPY season. Felton caught a gun charge, and was terrible. JR Smith was out partying and doing coke every night not to mention choked in the playoffs after getting suspended vs Boston the yes prior. Shump stopped taking to coaching, Stopped working on his craft and worried more about his NY lifestyle. Amare could never recover from injuries. Melo ended up having a major knee injury derailing his career. Not to mention key leadership pieces such as Kidd, Sheed, KT all retired.

Melo was due an extension, as was Shumpert. Knicks owed 2 first round picks over the next few seasons after the Bargs trade. There is no way to keep that team in contention without breaking up the core and nailing the pick they did have(Gobert over Hardaway Jr). Trading for Lowry over Bargs. In hindsight they would have had to make those type of moves which they didn't.

But there damn sure wasn't a "foundation" for continual success. Especially if in hindsight. Tyson, Felton, Shump all needing to be upgraded. Basically majority of the core.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
4/17/2019  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2019  3:25 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

Tyson got ate up in the playoffs, got injuried and never duplicated his DOPY season. Felton caught a gun charge, and was terrible. JR Smith was out partying and doing coke every night not to mention choked in the playoffs after getting suspended vs Boston the yes prior. Shump stopped taking to coaching, Stopped working on his craft and worried more about his NY lifestyle. Amare could never recover from injuries. Melo ended up having a major knee injury derailing his career. Not to mention key leadership pieces such as Kidd, Sheed, KT all retired.

Melo was due an extension, as was Shumpert. Knicks owed 2 first round picks over the next few seasons after the Bargs trade. There is no way to keep that team in contention without breaking up the core and nailing the pick they did have(Gobert over Hardaway Jr). Trading for Lowry over Bargs. In hindsight they would have had to make those type of moves which they didn't.

But there damn sure wasn't a "foundation" for continual success. Especially if in hindsight. Tyson, Felton, Shump all needing to be upgraded. Basically majority of the core.

But the good thing about it, no one from that group had more than 1 yr left,so the window a was 2 yrs.. that left phil with expiring contracts to explore trades and 40 mill in cap space, all he every got was lance thomas, and some 2nd round picks (that he completely wasted) Noah, dwill, AA. KOQ..waste of money players.

My point is, you will never get quality play from young guys on one yr contracts, which is why we didn't resign anyone(other than lance) from that 17 win season, and it looks like thats going to be the case this off season..Trier maybe the exception if KD hops on board

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/17/2019  3:37 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Kendrick Perkins was on the Woj pod talking about his time in the g league. One of the things he said was if guys knew there was an nba scout at a game some players would play hero ball for that night.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/17/2019  3:45 PM
Vmart wrote:Timmy was in the right he isn’t often but the situation where Trier went total tunnel vision. Hardaway was ahead of him and he didn’t pass the ball. Basketball 101 says you pass the ball. Even the greatest of all time will pass the ball.

The problem is that Tim did the same thing. He comes off as a hypocrite.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/17/2019  3:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Kendrick Perkins was on the Woj pod talking about his time in the g league. One of the things he said was if guys knew there was an nba scout at a game some players would play hero ball for that night.

If you look at that Arizona team last year, they were stacked. But they never seemed capable of putting it together, especially the guard play. The NCAA game they got eliminated was the perfect example of this. One reason was that they didn't seem to have a clue on how to maximize Ayton. But was Trier's game a bigger problem than we thought? I always thought the PED suspension was a weak reason for why he fell out of the draft. Did scouts investigate his locker room presence and find it lacking? Personally, I'm a fan. But I don't have to play with him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/17/2019  4:00 PM
I'm in the camp of cutting some slack his rookie year. There were times he was amazing and other times bone-headed. (Par for the rookie course)

This year we hopefully give him a define role like 6th or 7th man going in like The Microwave.

We should do same for Frank if he's with the team, where he can be assigned as a stopper

Each would have to earn a starting role by rounding out their game

(5)(5)
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/17/2019  4:36 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:Timmy was in the right he isn’t often but the situation where Trier went total tunnel vision. Hardaway was ahead of him and he didn’t pass the ball. Basketball 101 says you pass the ball. Even the greatest of all time will pass the ball.

The problem is that Tim did the same thing. He comes off as a hypocrite.

Yes you are correct but it should tell you that both are just looking out only for themselves.

Sambakick
Member: #5646

4/17/2019  9:44 PM
Chandler wrote:UDFA comes in as a ball hog is always testy situation. Having said that seems more than fair to think he can contribute to winning given his skill set. Buy is confident, can shoot, and willing to play D

over time (no place mentioned in the Post article)he did a much better job sharing the ball. I suspect the sources were Burke and THJ and maybe Mario (tough to tell)

Article kept saying "NBA Sources" ... wouldn't you think it would say "Knick sources"?

Makes me think the source was not someone on the squad currently.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2019  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2019  12:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

You get adolescent and try to deflect the issue. Getting high?
Blame Mills for Smith is not the issue. the fact we had to suck up to JR Smith was. JR had all star talent but was a moron. We circumvented the system to pay JR. You think its by coincidence we paid Chris smith who was not NBA quality because Mills was incompetent? And who is responsible for the team? The owner.
Look at a decision and blame the guy that made it? Or the Situation before and after it to understand what happened. We sold the house to get melo this after Isiah had wrecked the roster and draft picks for years with Marbles and Eddy. Then we paid a price to clean it up. With a thin asset base we stripped it for Melo. This compounds over the years and to understand were we are you have to understand were we have been.
Phil tried to construct and interesting team while rebuilding. It did not work but at least he did not mortgage the future.
What has mills done lately? Put us in a position of opportunity to draft a top 5 player and sign two max players. WE were not close to making the playoffs in any event other than KP playing a full season so does it matter if we finish with 17 wins or 27?

newyorknewyork
4/19/2019  6:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

But the good thing about it, no one from that group had more than 1 yr left,so the window a was 2 yrs.. that left phil with expiring contracts to explore trades and 40 mill in cap space, all he every got was lance thomas, and some 2nd round picks (that he completely wasted) Noah, dwill, AA. KOQ..waste of money players.

My point is, you will never get quality play from young guys on one yr contracts, which is why we didn't resign anyone(other than lance) from that 17 win season, and it looks like thats going to be the case this off season..Trier maybe the exception if KD hops on board

You are miss remembering. Melo was a FA in 2014 and resigned. Amare, Tyson, Bargs were FAs in 2015. Smith and Felton were resigned until 2016. Remember the uproar over signing Smith and Felton to longer deals than Amare and Tyson's expirings.

Carmelo then went on the damage his knee in the 17 win season. Aka same season Amare, Tyson, Bargs were set to expire. Which netted KP.

The 2 year window was thrown away with a 37 win performance and a season ending knee injury to Carmelo the following season. There was no more window at this point for that core. Practically every player needed to be replaced around Melo which wouldn't have mattered because he was unknowingly damaged goods, and KP.

FrenchFreak
Member: #7568

4/20/2019  9:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2019  9:00 AM
This tweet sums it up. Did Zo make rookie mistakes? Absolutely. But he was a really strong offensive player and showed more effort on defense than most of the roster. To me he undeniably has an NBA skillset and will be even better with a star or two added. Also, I’m guessing that approximately zero of the vets who complained about Zo will be on the team next year.

CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart
USA
4/20/2019  9:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

That 54 win team was a complete fluke. It was lead by Kidd who happen to make everyone better. Once he was gone there would be no repeat of that.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/20/2019  10:49 AM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

That 54 win team was a complete fluke. It was lead by Kidd who happen to make everyone better. Once he was gone there would be no repeat of that.

It wasn’t a fluke. Grunwald getting fired killed any hope of sustaining the success. Once Mills took over the dysfunction ramped up and things were never the same. Kidd was good but Melo was 3rd in mvp balloting that year and probably would have won it if D12 didn’t almost end his career.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
4/20/2019  3:05 PM
People have to differentiate between winning and sustained winning. Having a season of winning and no longer winning after that is a fluke season. If it can’t be repeated then it’s a fluke. It wasn’t sustainable due to age and talent drop off.
newyorknewyork
4/21/2019  8:11 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Old news.

It wasn’t a fluke. Grunwald getting fired killed any hope of sustaining the success. Once Mills took over the dysfunction ramped up and things were never the same. Kidd was good but Melo was 3rd in mvp balloting that year and probably would have won it if D12 didn’t almost end his career.

It started before that. It started when CAA had Dolan have Grunwald sign Chris Smith to an NBA contract in order for JR to bypass the 8mil Miluakee was offering and rejoin the Knicks. And then when CAA had Dolan have Grunwald trade Bargs who was also a client. Dolan attempted to do favors for CAA hoping this would then get them to steer their higher profile player to the Knicks down the road.

newyorknewyork
4/21/2019  8:24 AM
Vmart wrote:People have to differentiate between winning and sustained winning. Having a season of winning and no longer winning after that is a fluke season. If it can’t be repeated then it’s a fluke. It wasn’t sustainable due to age and talent drop off.

Fluke isnt the right word.

They weren't a fluke in terms of easy schedule or string of luck etc. That was a legit 54 win team who dealt with a ton of injuries throughout the season yet kept on finding ways to win. The combination of players just fit very well. And the leadership was top notch.

It just wasnt sustainable unless they made hindsight moves like draft Gobert over THjr and trade for Lowery instead of Bargs. Then as Gobert got some seasoning, Tyson then could have gotten packaged as he had value. Tyson and Amare's expiring could have maybe netted something. Or Tyson and Shump, or all 3 depending on the player(s).

so looks like Trier is not so liked around the campfire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy