[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ewing to represent the Knicks at the lottery.
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/15/2019  12:53 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:Franco, sorry your insulted. Its not an entitlement, its math. The suffering you have is by choice. We all love our team but can’t take this all personal.
Fact is while we did not win a chip with Ewing there was no guarantee. I agree we did squander his youth but there was trips to the conference finals and two very distinct realities.

1. The Bulls.
2. Hakeem and the Rockets.

Bulls reign was for real. Somewhere fans of that era in Utah, Seattle, and Indiana all have similar laments as knick fans. They had great teams too. what’s real for us is the lack of success since then.
Ewing knees made him an unreliable prophet for his best teams. We all have scars.

As for enduring pain and receiving Zion I could not agree with you more but don’t be insulted by math or KP’s injury. Things happen not for a reason, but because.

Inept Dolan’s starphuch face perhaps should sit on the podium and maybe that breaks the chain. Dolan has stepped back both by the public’s reaction to him and perhaps he has learned thru that years he has been in part the architect of our failure. If so I’m ok with him owning the team.

The fact we are here and not watching another team who acquired the pick sit there.

Truthfully our roster was never the best in the NBA it was always an uphill battle. In the NBA most of the time the best team wins

It's the best team, but usually the best player.

Look at this table:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/

And look at the Finals MVP.

It's usually, though not always, one of the top 3 players in the league.

Durant, James and Bryant have won 6 of the last 10.

If we don't get Zion, we don't have a chance of winning a title. I don't care if we get KD and whoever else. I just don't think KD has enough left in his tank and I don't think we'll be able to provide a strong enough supporting cast in time.

On KD, I hope I'm wrong. Sure, it will be exciting and I'm sure we'll be in the play offs.

In other words you have no faith in your FO?

While I dont blame you for thinking that, I have even less faith in the Coaching staff even if we manage to get Zion, KD, Kyrie, and AD..

I have faith in them, but at the end of the day, if you don't have a top five franchise super star on the roster, you have no hope of getting to the finals.

And I love Fiz. I think he is a great coach. I thought he got guys to play hard- maybe not the entire season, but they tried.

We get Zion, KD & whoever, then I think we'd be in the eastern finals for sure this year.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

4/16/2019  10:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
franco12 wrote:I feel bad, chances are we seeing our logo behind #5, and after this season, that's a gut punch on top of a bullet wound.

They should send a fan with a paper bag on their head that says - if we pick 5, we're done!

totally disagree. Bringing Ewing back is awesome. The way the odds are set up now, the Knicks may get the 5th pick but Pat doing anything for the Knicks is awesome.

completely in agreement. the curse is about to be lifted.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/18/2019  11:52 AM
Todays post article says its Dolans idea to have asked Ewing.
More important he said yes. Its good there are not frosty relations between the team and him.
Its says more about his comfort with were things are than knicks asking. I can't say where he was thought to be deficient as a head coach prospect in the NBA
and in retrospect I doubt he would have succeeded with knicks. Better coaches failed. I hope he does well in Georgetown.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/18/2019  12:48 PM
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:Franco, sorry your insulted. Its not an entitlement, its math. The suffering you have is by choice. We all love our team but can’t take this all personal.
Fact is while we did not win a chip with Ewing there was no guarantee. I agree we did squander his youth but there was trips to the conference finals and two very distinct realities.

1. The Bulls.

Bulls reign was for real. Somewhere fans of that era in Utah, Seattle, and Indiana all have similar laments as knick fans. They had great teams too. what’s real for us is the lack of success since then.
Ewing knees made him an unreliable prophet for his best teams. We all have scars.

As for enduring pain and receiving Zion I could not agree with you more but don’t be insulted by math or KP’s injury. Things happen not for a reason, but because.

Inept Dolan’s starphuch face perhaps should sit on the podium and maybe that breaks the chain. Dolan has stepped back both by the public’s reaction to him and perhaps he has learned thru that years he has been in part the architect of our failure. If so I’m ok with him owning the team.

The fact we are here and not watching another team who acquired the pick sit there.

Truthfully our roster was never the best in the NBA it was always an uphill battle. In the NBA most of the time the best team wins

Look at this table:

If we don't get Zion, we don't have a chance of winning a title. I don't care if we get KD and whoever else. I just don't think KD has enough left in his tank and I don't think we'll be able to provide a strong enough supporting cast in time.

On KD, I hope I'm wrong. Sure, it will be exciting and I'm sure we'll be in the play offs.

While I dont blame you for thinking that, I have even less faith in the Coaching staff even if we manage to get Zion, KD, Kyrie, and AD..

I have faith in them, but at the end of the day, if you don't have a top five franchise super star on the roster, you have no hope of getting to the finals.

And I love Fiz. I think he is a great coach. I thought he got guys to play hard- maybe not the entire season, but they tried.

We get Zion, KD & whoever, then I think we'd be in the eastern finals for sure this year.

what makes him a good coach?

ES
Nalod
USA
4/18/2019  1:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

1. The Bulls.

Look at this table:

what makes him a good coach?

He told you "I thought he got guys to play hard- maybe not the entire season, but they tried."

Notice he said "I thought........"
That says that's his opinion.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/18/2019  5:14 PM
You can spin it anyway you want Fizz is an awful coach. Anytime a coach says he needs better players it just means he isn’t a coach. His job was to make sure that the players learn a team game. All he did was play a system less game of basketball where players were taught to be selfish and look out for only their own selfishness.

Fizz is BSing his way into the hearts of Knicks fans.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/18/2019  5:41 PM
Vmart wrote:You can spin it anyway you want Fizz is an awful coach. Anytime a coach says he needs better players it just means he isn’t a coach. His job was to make sure that the players learn a team game. All he did was play a system less game of basketball where players were taught to be selfish and look out for only their own selfishness.

Fizdale went the entire season without a star (in his prime) on the roster. Didnt even have a player who would qualify as a "robin". No one who was healthy anyway. How many teams were in that boat?

You are right that Fizdale should avoid saying things like that. If the team hadn't been blown up, stripped of veterans, soon after his arrival. I would get more worked up over it. Not saying there isnt room for improvement.

Next season Fizdale should be going into camp with the squad he will more or less have for the rest of the season (barring another big trade). That will be a much better indicator of how far Fizdale can take the Knicks.

Even if we strike out in Free Agency, not fair to judge Fizdale as a coach until he has time to work with a roster from camp on. Lost too many vets this season.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/18/2019  6:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:You can spin it anyway you want Fizz is an awful coach. Anytime a coach says he needs better players it just means he isn’t a coach. His job was to make sure that the players learn a team game. All he did was play a system less game of basketball where players were taught to be selfish and look out for only their own selfishness.

Fizdale went the entire season without a star (in his prime) on the roster. Didnt even have a player who would qualify as a "robin". No one who was healthy anyway. How many teams were in that boat?

You are right that Fizdale should avoid saying things like that. If the team hadn't been blown up, stripped of veterans, soon after his arrival. I would get more worked up over it. Not saying there isnt room for improvement.

Next season Fizdale should be going into camp with the squad he will more or less have for the rest of the season (barring another big trade). That will be a much better indicator of how far Fizdale can take the Knicks.

Even if we strike out in Free Agency, not fair to judge Fizdale as a coach until he has time to work with a roster from camp on. Lost too many vets this season.

What star player did the Clippers have, Orlando, Nets. We aren’t asking for winning just asking for a semblances of basketball the way it’s supposed to be played. Not the BS that he perpetrated on the Knicks fans.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/19/2019  2:36 AM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

What star player did the Clippers have, Orlando, Nets. We aren’t asking for winning just asking for a semblances of basketball the way it’s supposed to be played. Not the BS that he perpetrated on the Knicks fans.

And what have been The Nets and the Magic's record the past few seasons? Nets won 20 games 2 seasons ago. They all had to start somewhere, as did we.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/19/2019  8:42 AM
Ewing representing us, after years of turmoil, is great no matter what. The draft is what it is: the worst team has never been assured the first pick, but it is true that the odds have made it harder and that’s a bad philosophy on the NBA. Still, getting Ewing there is great no matter the outcome.

Fizz being a great coach? That remains to be seen. He seemed to have the right mindset considering his past teams, but this season proved to be more interested in his post game interviews than in his game calling, which left a lot to be desired more times that it didn’t. Still, he is right on the team talent. The Clips, Nets and Magic have more talent ready to play basketball than our team. They all lack stars, true, but our team is way green compared to any of those other teams.

Knicks_Fan
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2019  9:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

And what have been The Nets and the Magic's record the past few seasons? Nets won 20 games 2 seasons ago. They all had to start somewhere, as did we.

Yes. At some point it's on the fans to look at the team objectively and set your expectations. If you wanted/expected wins this past year, that's on you.

To lump Clippers, Orlando, Nets into a category that the Knicks are in is another hint you need to look at this differently

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
4/19/2019  10:47 AM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Nets have All star guard Russell. In all the rosters you mentioned are all more talented and more refined than Knicks were. Orlando has been in misery for years. Nets and Clippers have done a remarkable job with their objectives. Knicks have been a shyt show for years. KP injury and attitude to be here also set us back.
Things happen, blame is not always quantifiable to assign and replace personal.
The year before Riley signed Lebron and bosh they were bloody awful. Best thing to do is going deep and preparing for the future.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/19/2019  11:19 AM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Hopefully we are headed in the right direction. There is some great research out there showing the importance of roster continuity. The Knicks were bottom three for roster continuity every year during Phil’s tenure. Also, four coaches in three years is contributes to an unstable environment. Hopefully the commitment to youth and rebuilding means the Knicks are becoming a functional franchise. I think the approach of tanking/development at the start of the season indicated that this was not going to be a year where the team was shooting for wins. Rebuilds aren’t pretty. The Nets are a great example of what coaching and roster stability can do for an organization. I think it will be much easier to judge Fiz next year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

4/19/2019  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2019  12:13 PM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Really? Russell has been one of the best PGs in the league this season. Gallo is having a career year in LA. They had at least one go to guy on their team. Who have we had for the season, who was healthy? They have good vets with playoff experience. And good young players. We mostly had good, young, players. Knox played more games than anyone. You are comparing playoff teams vs one of the youngest teams in the league, without a star, or at the very least someone playing like a star.

The team was blown up and we went for the tank. Now some of the same posters who live for the tank are complaining about all the losing, please. When Fizdale doesnt have a tank hovering over him, we'll be in a better position to see how far he can take the Knicks.

Nalod
USA
4/19/2019  12:36 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Really? Russell has been one of the best PGs in the league this season. Gallo is having a career year in LA. They had at least one go to guy on their team. Who have we had for the season, who was healthy? They have good vets with playoff experience. And good young players. We mostly had good, young, players. Knox played more games than anyone. You are comparing playoff teams vs one of the youngest teams in the league, without a star, or at the very least someone playing like a star.

The team was blown up and we went for the tank. Now some of the same posters who live for the tank are complaining about all the losing, please. When Fizdale doesnt have a tank hovering over him, we'll be in a better position to see how far he can take the Knicks.

Kind of funny, Gallo has his best year and is the best player on a playoff team.
Good irony in that. Not saying he is better than melo. Gallo has had injury issues but its good to see he fulfilled his talent.
In the year Melo got waived. Contrast, Irony, and all that.............

GustavBahler

4/19/2019  1:16 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Kind of funny, Gallo has his best year and is the best player on a playoff team.
Good irony in that. Not saying he is better than melo. Gallo has had injury issues but its good to see he fulfilled his talent.
In the year Melo got waived. Contrast, Irony, and all that.............

You said it, injuries. Thats why I was OK with the deal. Melo was one of the most durable players in the league at the time. Was durable for a while in NY. When the injuries set in, so did his 4th quarter rep, which was elite to that point. Believe the regret window for giving up on Gallo passed seasons ago. Missed so many games that if he wasnt traded for Melo that season, would likely have been moved not long after that.

Heard some posters comparing a possible trade for AD, to the Melo trade. Talentwise, believe we would be giving up more. Mitch> Mosgov , Knox> Gallo in large part to availability. Mitch might get to AD's level someday. Shown enough to make that bet.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/20/2019  10:16 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Yeah its hard to judge a coach when his best player is Tim Hardaway Jr.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

4/20/2019  10:59 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yeah its hard to judge a coach when his best player is Tim Hardaway Jr.

Leave Timmy alooone, lol. Poor guy has a steel rod in his leg. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "poor", Hardaway jr. is still set for life. Can put a gold rod in his leg if he wanted to. Surprised they dont use some sort of composite at this point.

If THJ didnt have a feast or famine offense, he could have been a building block for the team. Too many injuries, too inconsistent. Left NY the first time a Diva in training. Came back a different player. Didnt play D before, came back and took more charges in a season, than all his teammates combined. Wasnt Hardaway's attitude, just wasnt consistent enough.

Ewing to represent the Knicks at the lottery.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy