[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/8/2019  10:34 AM
man, I don't know if this would take into account pace of game too (which would make his stats look even better I'd assume) but it's amazing

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/8/2019  11:37 AM
martin wrote:man, I don't know if this would take into account pace of game too (which would make his stats look even better I'd assume) but it's amazing

Plays like an old school center, which was supposed to be obsolete. I knew they still had a place in this league (cough cough) but I didnt imagine an old school, plodding center like Jokic could have this much of an impact on the game. Speaks to his BBall IQ.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
5/8/2019  11:42 AM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:Bucks win in Boston again....The length (pause) of this Bucks team is amazing...

Middleton at the 2 is 6'8
Giannis 7'0
Mirotic 6'10
Lopez 7'0

Will see more teams copying this blueprint....Length and 3's. Of course Giannis is a once and a generation player....Always happy to see the Celtics lose...Hopefully they lose in Milwaukee in Game 5 and Kyrie can begin making plans to come back home (or to his dads home..Uptown Baby!!!!)

Pass Uptown....

...Yeah, lets extend Frank to run the point Seriously, the only thing his 2 year stay in Boston revealed to me is that he ain't #1 guy. As the number 2 guy (to Durant #1), Kyrie can and has won a 'chip.

Kyrie has to take the blame for some of Bostons woes, but its not all on him. Tatum is not the same player he was last year; he's turned into an iso player and his numbers are way down. I think the press clipping from last year went to his head not mention his work out with Kobe. Hayward is a shell of himself and I think inserting him into the starting lineup stunted Browns growth. Had him playing selfishly at the start of the year as if he had something to prove. Rozier has been bad this year and Brad "Genius" Stephens has been exposed and is being out coached by Bud so far.

Say what you want but Kyrie is a closer and an elite lead guard in this league....I dont think Kyrie's heart was ever in Boston, plus being the #1 guy and looming Free agency has been a bit much, thus the snippy press conferences....I'd take him in a heart beat. Best guard since Clyde if we get him....Not even close.

Forget about Smith jr? Could be our answer at PG, and a good deal younger. We also have a shot at Morant.

From promising to re-up with Boston, to now. As good as Kyrie is, if he cant handle Boston and their emphasis on teamwork, not sure what makes you think he can handle NY? If Durant was the primary ball handler, if the offense ran through him, I would see your point about another alpha. Part of Tatum's slump has to do with less ball movement from the point. They play better as a team when Irving isnt dominating the ball.

Problem I have with this scenario is that KD/Kyrie looks a lot like KD/Westbrook. The only solution I see is Kyrie playing off the ball, so it isnt a repeat of OKC.

On a side note, still wouldn't be surprised if KD/Kyrie went to the Lakers instead of the Clippers. That big three with their young players, would be able to handle GS and Houston.

If the Knicks Mills/Perry were able to sign FA Klay Thompson in the off-season .. Klay's complimentary performance would mentor both Frank & DSJr to become starter PG within a 82 game season.
Uncle Drew don't have that type of talent or skill to improve his teammates performance.

Klay would regret coming here from day 1 if those were his point guards.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/8/2019  4:10 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:Bucks win in Boston again....The length (pause) of this Bucks team is amazing...

Giannis 7'0
Mirotic 6'10
Lopez 7'0

Will see more teams copying this blueprint....Length and 3's. Of course Giannis is a once and a generation player....Always happy to see the Celtics lose...Hopefully they lose in Milwaukee in Game 5 and Kyrie can begin making plans to come back home (or to his dads home..Uptown Baby!!!!)

Pass Uptown....

...Yeah, lets extend Frank to run the point Seriously, the only thing his 2 year stay in Boston revealed to me is that he ain't #1 guy. As the number 2 guy (to Durant #1), Kyrie can and has won a 'chip.

Kyrie has to take the blame for some of Bostons woes, but its not all on him. Tatum is not the same player he was last year; he's turned into an iso player and his numbers are way down. I think the press clipping from last year went to his head not mention his work out with Kobe. Hayward is a shell of himself and I think inserting him into the starting lineup stunted Browns growth. Had him playing selfishly at the start of the year as if he had something to prove. Rozier has been bad this year and Brad "Genius" Stephens has been exposed and is being out coached by Bud so far.

Say what you want but Kyrie is a closer and an elite lead guard in this league....I dont think Kyrie's heart was ever in Boston, plus being the #1 guy and looming Free agency has been a bit much, thus the snippy press conferences....I'd take him in a heart beat. Best guard since Clyde if we get him....Not even close.

Forget about Smith jr? Could be our answer at PG, and a good deal younger. We also have a shot at Morant.

From promising to re-up with Boston, to now. As good as Kyrie is, if he cant handle Boston and their emphasis on teamwork, not sure what makes you think he can handle NY? If Durant was the primary ball handler, if the offense ran through him, I would see your point about another alpha. Part of Tatum's slump has to do with less ball movement from the point. They play better as a team when Irving isnt dominating the ball.

Problem I have with this scenario is that KD/Kyrie looks a lot like KD/Westbrook. The only solution I see is Kyrie playing off the ball, so it isnt a repeat of OKC.

On a side note, still wouldn't be surprised if KD/Kyrie went to the Lakers instead of the Clippers. That big three with their young players, would be able to handle GS and Houston.

If the Knicks Mills/Perry were able to sign FA Klay Thompson in the off-season .. Klay's complimentary performance would mentor both Frank & DSJr to become starter PG within a 82 game season.
Uncle Drew don't have that type of talent or skill to improve his teammates performance.

Is it safe to assume that w didn't sign Durant it Klay came here? I don't know if Klay is willing to o take another paycut if GSW manages to keep Durant. I suspect getting Klay is a pip dream, either of way.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
5/9/2019  12:22 AM
NO! KD can't injure his achilles before we get him.
Bring back dee-fense
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/9/2019  12:22 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
JesseDark
Member: #467
5/9/2019  1:53 AM
Charles, Chuck and Kenny went in on the Celtics, especially Kyrie. "Reluctant participation."
Bring back dee-fense
Kemet
Member: #6148

5/9/2019  3:47 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Giannis 7'0
Mirotic 6'10
Lopez 7'0

Pass Uptown....

Klay would not regret mentoring young Frank & DSJr into star-guards, plus Klay would become a Starter on the East All-Star team. The only thing Klay would regret are clueless Dolan's mismanagement front-office.
I do recall the GS Warriors lottery seasons before Klay & head-coach Mark Jackson came there.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/9/2019  6:50 AM
JesseDark wrote:Charles, Chuck and Kenny went in on the Celtics, especially Kyrie. "Reluctant participation."

His heart is in NY...

smackeddog
Member: #883
5/9/2019  1:37 PM
Has anyone soured on Kyrie due to his playoff shenanigans?
Kemet

5/9/2019  5:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2019  5:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:Has anyone soured on Kyrie due to his playoff shenanigans?

I became soured at Kyrie's 2nd season in the playoffs with the Cavs, Kyrie maybe a high scorer in the regular season games, but he's a average player in the post season games.
Kyrie and Love won a chip their first time in the postseason games leaning heavy on Lebron James performance, but their 2nd season in the playoff they had nothing NEW to raise their level of performance.
No! I do not want the Knicks to sign Kyrie in the off-season .. When FA Klay Thompson 2-Way complimentary performance are 10 times better than Kyrie ISO performance.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/10/2019  10:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2019  1:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Giannis 7'0
Mirotic 6'10
Lopez 7'0

Pass Uptown....

Didn't forget about DSJ. He's better than Frank for sure, but I wasn't super impressed with him. Other than athleticism, Kyrie is better than him at all aspects of the game.

Kyrie excels in the clutch and has won a championship, Westbrook melts in the clutch and arguable cost his team a chance to play for a chip.

We all witnessed the best version of Kyrie when he was playing 1B to LeBron's 1A. He would be 1B to Durants 1A here, if they choose to call MSG home. The struggles in Boston was not all on Kyrie, like I said, the coach being unable to manage the team, Tatum believing in his own hype, Hayward, Brown and Rozier all played a factor in Bostons downfall. Too many agendas going on in Boston....In the end, I think Kyrie will be much happier here...

GustavBahler

5/10/2019  6:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2019  6:53 PM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Giannis 7'0
Mirotic 6'10
Lopez 7'0

Pass Uptown....

Didn't forget about DSJ. He's better than Frank for sure, but I wasn't super impressed with him. Other than athleticism, Kyrie is better than him at all aspects of the game.

Kyrie excels in the clutch and has won a championship, Westbrook melts in the clutch and arguable cost his team a chance to play for a chip.

We all witnessed the best version of Kyrie when he was playing 1B to LeBron's 1A. He would be 1B to Durants 1A here, if they choose to call MSG home. The struggles in Boston was not all on Kyrie, like I said, the coach being unable to manage the team, Tatum believing in his own hype, Hayward, Brown and Rozier all played a factor in Bostons downfall. Too many agendas going on in Boston....In the end, I think Kyrie will be much happier here...

Hard to impress with a sore back, still had his moments. DSJr is under contract for another season. Would be foolish IMO not to give him an extended look. Unless its a great deal.

Speaking of Irving, Id be ok as a fan with Kyrie coming to NY if LeBron came with him. Could return Kyrie to playing more off the ball, and we would have one of the top 3 PGs of all time running the point.

Maybe DSJr spells LeBron, picks up a few things. Would be a much better fit than KD/Kyrie, we've seen how LeBron/Kyrie can work.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2019/05/09/the-knicks-are-among-the-favorites-to-land-both-lebron-james-and-kyrie-irving/amp/

Kemet

5/10/2019  10:35 PM
No Durant in Game-6
57 - 57 Half-Time of the GSW vs Rockets ..
Klay Thompson has 21 points, an the bench scored 20 points in the first-half ....
Knick Fans later for Durant and Kyrie .. the Knicks should go after FA Klay Thompson in the offseason & Kawhi or trade Zion for AD !!!
GustavBahler

5/10/2019  11:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/10/2019  11:25 PM
Reading more articles, weighing the pros and cons of possibly trading Williamson, if we got the number one pick. If it was just about the youtube clips of Zion doing Six Million Dollar Man stuff, I would be more open to trading him and bringing in Davis. Zion's athleticism is off the charts. According to his teammates, and college coaches, so is his BBall IQ. Thats what makes him different. We've seen that combination before in NBA players, of course. But not quite like this.

I get the concern that he might end up being the next Darvin Ham. Believe trading Zion for a big who has missed his share of games, for a one year rental, and a promise is a big mistake

If Zion comes close to his projection, or lives up to the hype. And Davis starts missing games, doesnt move the needle as much as expected. Perry /Mills will never live it down. If Zion doesnt pan out, doubt that anyone will say they made a hasty decision. Wouldn't move Zion for LeBron either.

Some writers are focused on his shooting, took Jordan a few seasons to find the rim with some consistency. Kid checks too many boxes, too rare an athlete, to treat like another draft pick. Carries himself like a leader as well.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/10/2019  11:35 PM
Huge game by the Warriors on the road. Huge win if they hold on. Not a Warriors fan but I hate the rockets. Have to respect what the Warriors are doing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG

5/10/2019  11:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Huge game by the Warriors on the road. Huge win if they hold on. Not a Warriors fan but I hate the rockets. Have to respect what the Warriors are doing.

How many more excuses do we need? Not only did Paul play this series, but they had a golden opportunity with KD out. 's system just doesn't cut it in the playoffs. They couldn't get anything inside when the Golden State D clamped down.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/10/2019  11:49 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Huge game by the Warriors on the road. Huge win if they hold on. Not a Warriors fan but I hate the rockets. Have to respect what the Warriors are doing.

How many more excuses do we need? Not only did Paul play this series, but they had a golden opportunity with KD out. 's system just doesn't cut it in the playoffs. They couldn't get anything inside when the Golden State D clamped down.

This. I wasn’t going to go there but I hate D’Antoni as a coach. I never thought I could hate a team as much as I hate the Celtics until D’Antoni and Harden teamed up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler

5/10/2019  11:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

This. I wasn’t going to go there but I hate D’Antoni as a coach. I never thought I could hate a team as much as I hate the Celtics until D’Antoni and Harden teamed up.

Just put a stat on the screen during D'Antoni's press conference. "0-6 in the last six games when facing elimination". Ouch.

BigDaddyG

5/10/2019  11:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The offensive set for Houston at the end of the game were a joke. deserves a lot of the blame, but I am also disappointed worth Paul. If isn't going to call real plays, you'd at least expect Paul to take the reins.
Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy