[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/29/2019  5:17 PM
martin wrote:

he’s a raptor. i see brooms in his future.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/29/2019  10:24 PM
Marv wrote:
martin wrote:

he’s a raptor. i see brooms in his future.

Ha, new season, same ole Raps. They look like they want to choke this Philly series away right now.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #467
5/1/2019  11:17 PM
Hard to root against Portland or Denver. They are both nice teams without anybody to hate.
Bring back dee-fense
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

5/2/2019  9:37 AM
JesseDark wrote:Hard to root against Portland or Denver. They are both nice teams without anybody to hate.

Go Enes!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/2/2019  10:24 AM
JesseDark wrote:Hard to root against Portland or Denver. They are both nice teams without anybody to hate.

Yeah, feel the same way

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2019  5:25 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Reasonable call given Bucks record and Celtics inconsistencies.
If Celtics take it to the limit and even exceed to advance it could very well be not just kyrie’s health but leadership. Something many of us have thought to be a negative.
Lot of basketball left to play. We’ll see.

If no one gives a team with Tatum/Hayward/Holford and led by Kyrie a chance. Not sure why the rush to max out Irving? Thats a veteran playoff team with 3 current and former all-stars, and probably an all star next season in Tatum. That makes 4.

Why I would be happier with Smith jr getting an audition, Morant too if he is our pick. Read that the Cavs might draft Morant, even with Sexton. Sexton was no bust. They're going for the BPA, so should Perry/Mills.

The good thing is if we drafted Morant, we would be able to bring him off the bench or play him with Smith jr. at times a la Houston. Dont have to throw too much at him too soon.

If both pan out, it gives Perry/Mills great options. Morant might be a few seasons away from leading a team. Smith jr (if he comes back playing well) not having to sign Irving, would give us the space to offer Smith a longer deal, and add depth to the bench. If both pan out, we could trade one for depth, if necessary.

Durant and DSJr would work well together IMO. Kick outs for 3 (DSjr excels at that) and alley ooops all day. This would be an option if Irving stays in Boston as well. Would not be surprised.

Weather is just too good here yesterday to watch hoop indoors in the afternoon. I get the "Why would Kyrie leave if they win, and why we want him of they don't". Same for Durant.

Because they see a path to win in NY and that's special for what ever reason they have.
All I know is what I don't know and that's brining Kyrie and Durant to NY and draft more talent makes life easier for all the players who stays. Even Frank. Things will open up for him offensively. He has to hit an open three at a respectable rate. He passes and plays great defense. He'll get minutes.
But he has to shoot like an NBA player.
Trier has to up the rock.
Dennis can be awesome. Has to be in shape for his back to hold up. Knox, he just needs to watch more Durant and learn. Eat his Wheaties and get strong.
Things will me much easier.
The time line is something I can't answer. We assume "Winning and winning now is a priority" and its obvious. What is not obvious is what we wrap our heads around is what are they willing to do to win? Take a salary cut? Demand we go all in for AD? Are they looking for a sustainable existence of both contending and grow young assets with a delayed gratification but more substantial run after there playing days are finished?

These are accomplished players already and life has to go on even if no trip to finals.
Part of me wants an "Era" and not a two year window of starphuch win now. The heat has a 4 year window and then were decimated to some extent to an irrelevant existence. I like stars as much as anyone but also want some form of organic "knicks team" and culture to exist.

Irving won a ring off the ball, with LeBron running the point. If Kyrie as PG, a few seasons removed from Cleveland, cant get as far in the playoffs as last year's squad, without Irving and Gordon. Makes you wonder why some fans are in a rush to sign him? Having a PG taking up that much of the cap very rarely results in a title. Its about depth. maxing out Irving will make that more difficult.

Doubt Frank will be here next season. Will be very surprised. Back to that sense of urgency. If he really wants to send a message to Fizdale that he gets it. He'll go back to France for a quick visit, then come back and work on pulling himself from the bottom of the league on offense. Wouldn't wait to see what happens with the draft. Its another offseason for Frank to work on his game. Another chance to play in pick up games, summer leagues.

Not a big surprise that Frank had a groin injury. Bet if he spent more time working on his takes to the rim in traffic, it wouldn't be an issue like it has been this season. Used to like jogging in NYC at night. Less traffic, smog. Hadnt the time to played bball in a few months.
Even though I was doing a lot of running, when I got back to playing 3 on 3, it felt like I hadnt worked out in a year. No substitute for taking the ball to the rim. Thats what Knox figured out early on. Baker didnt, thats why he got moved. Frank still isnt aggressive enough, thats why he's on the bubble.

You know so much about Frank. Awesome.

Your words are mean Nalod. Tennis elbow?

Not a big surprise that Frank had a groin injury. Bet if he spent more time working on his takes to the rim in traffic, it wouldn't be an issue like it has been this season. Used to like jogging in NYC at night. Less traffic, smog. Hadnt the time to played bball in a few months.

My elbow is still trying to digest this.

OK..

I guess a "storied" writer such as yourself doesnt make grammatical errors. Might be easier for your elbow to digest this quote, if your fingers hadnt been so far up your ass. Then they might have found the time to highlight the entire passage. Wether you agree with it or not. That help?

Fix the error then. You equated your being out of shape to Frank's situation.
My elbow hurts trying to type out my ass as you suggested. I did sanitize them before scratching my head in wonder to what your talking about.
Don't take this personal, we just jousting.

In fairness, lets finish the quote:

Even though I was doing a lot of running, when I got back to playing 3 on 3, it felt like I hadnt worked out in a year. No substitute for taking the ball to the rim. Thats what Knox figured out early on. Baker didnt, thats why he got moved. Frank still isnt aggressive enough, thats why he's on the bubble.

And sometimes we just type stupid shyt and go "yeah, that's messed up, came out wrong". but you got me instead typing thru my ass?? C'mon man, I thought we were friends?

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
5/2/2019  9:07 PM
keep it up philly!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/2/2019  10:54 PM
Philly just has the obvious Talent.
Contrast the cool smooth Kawahi vs. the over the top clowning of Embiiiiid.
Shaq did his off the court. Philly fans are having fun with him. I get it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/3/2019  11:58 AM
Strange to me that writers still say "Lakers will move toward" instead of "LeBron had decided a long time ago and the Lakers are finally catching on"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/3/2019  3:14 PM
martin wrote:Strange to me that writers still say "Lakers will move toward" instead of "LeBron had decided a long time ago and the Lakers are finally catching on"

C'mon. Everyone knows Jeannie and Pelinka are the ones making this important decision.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/3/2019  5:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:Strange to me that writers still say "Lakers will move toward" instead of "LeBron had decided a long time ago and the Lakers are finally catching on"

C'mon. Everyone knows Jeannie and Pelinka are the ones making this important decision.

I know that story about Rambis being associate head coach was bogus. But I wouldn't discount the couple's influence, if Rambis's wife really does have Jeannie Buss's ear.

How it manifests itself remains to be seen. Hard to say if its good or bad advice. If it involves giving her husband more influence, considering he's one of the worst coaches in NBA history. Would say it would be bad advice.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
5/4/2019  12:54 AM
Jokic >KP. I can’t stay up to watch west coast games. This guy is amazing
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JesseDark
5/4/2019  1:24 AM
Wow double overtime, this game is gonna be like that Boston vs Phoenix multiple OT game in the 70s!
Bring back dee-fense
GustavBahler

5/4/2019  1:37 AM
What a game! One of the best playoff games Ive seen in a while. Kanter is really gutting it out.
Will be great when its the Knicks we're watching in the playoffs.
JesseDark
5/4/2019  1:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:What a game! One of the best playoff games Ive seen in a while. Kanter is really gutting it out.

Yeah can't wait! Jokic is dog tired, making tired turnovers.

Bring back dee-fense
GustavBahler

5/4/2019  1:48 AM
JesseDark wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:What a game! One of the best playoff games Ive seen in a while. Kanter is really gutting it out.

Milsap might have just won it. Veteran experience.

GustavBahler

5/4/2019  1:52 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
JesseDark wrote:

Milsap might have just won it. Veteran experience.

OMG tied again!

GustavBahler

5/4/2019  1:54 AM
First quadruple OT since 1953 wow.
GustavBahler

5/4/2019  2:07 AM
Hood coming through
GustavBahler

5/4/2019  2:14 AM
What an fing game! That was one for the ages. Was rooting for the Blazers, was like a heavyweight bout.
Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy