[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/11/2019  8:12 AM
Lets go on what we know. They are saying it was a calf injury. Upper calf or lower?
Calf on a 7 foot man is long.
Lets assume lower, and lets assume there was a risk to the area.
read he was doing twice a day workouts to get back. Not the lack of effort.
Lets assume they were quiet about it to keep Toronto on their toes. Sort of a strategic thing. Fair.
Lets assume the final decision is on the player. His career. We were never in the room when the Drs. outlined the risks to Durant.
I assume there were team docs and Durant had his own. I assume he knew the risks and made his own decisions. Pressure to play from all sides and from within to play.
Blame circumstances. Could have been prevented. We were not in the room when these things decided.
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

6/12/2019  9:34 PM
After Game-5 of the FINALS .. which has the Raptors leading the series 3-2
Plus the full implication of the clarity of Super-Star KD injury publicly noted .. No more mystery !!!

I have the FINALS going all 7 games for the Net-Work ..
I'm not taking nothing away from the Raptors dynamic performance in the post-season, but
I have the Dubs winning their 3 in a row championship Dynasty !!!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/12/2019  10:16 PM
Kemet wrote:After Game-5 of the FINALS .. which has the Raptors leading the series 3-2
Plus the full implication of the clarity of Super-Star KD injury publicly noted .. No more mystery !!!

I'm not taking nothing away from the Raptors dynamic performance in the post-season, but

nope... 4-2 Raps...
Its over.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/13/2019  11:49 PM
Great game, too bad about Klay. Curious to see what Kawhi does, If Durant sees this as a reason to come back.

The Drake curse is over! Must be happy about that.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/14/2019  12:55 AM
arkrud wrote:
Kemet wrote:After Game-5 of the FINALS .. which has the Raptors leading the series 3-2

nope... 4-2 Raps...
Its over.

I was sure about it but did not want it to go this way.
It took too much bad luck to dethrone the champs.
But it was a lot of luck involved to put this team together.
Everything is balancing itself over time.
When Knicks bad luck will be balanced?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/14/2019  2:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/14/2019  3:04 AM
Warriors are an absolute disgrace of an organization, I don't see how any player trusts them or their medical staff ever again- glad Looney made it through the series (should never have been playing with a broken collar bone and torn cartilage.

Raptors run was unexpected and impressive- it's right up there with the Mavs and Pistons, vindication for Lowry too after all the years of choking.

Hope the Warriors thought losing in 6 was worth ruining KD's career and tearing Klay's ACL.

Doubt anyone will say the Warriors are a better team without KD any more- shame it's too late.

Warriors are screwed going forward.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
6/14/2019  3:23 AM
smackeddog - Klay's injury was bad but more of a fluke kind of thing. He landed wrong. While we may never know the full story with KD's injury status, he did have his own medical guys evaluate him and he has to be responsible for making his decision. I get the media, fans and maybe some players were pressuring him - but ultimately he has the final say. Now if I learn the Warriors hid information or withheld it to KD or his medical guys - that would be different. Just bad luck and great play by the Raptors. Even though I live in the Bay Area and like the Warriors - it's nice to see hunger beat skill for a change! As a Knicks fan I really hope we stay the course with the young guys and don't go after injured and 30+ stars for the max. It's not like we're anywhere close even if KD came and was uninjured...
Clean
Member: #743
6/14/2019  3:37 AM
smackeddog wrote:Warriors are an absolute disgrace of an organization, I don't see how any player trusts them or their medical staff ever again- glad Looney made it through the series (should never have been playing with a broken collar bone and torn cartilage.

Raptors run was unexpected and impressive- it's right up there with the Mavs and Pistons, vindication for Lowry too after all the years of choking.

Hope the Warriors thought losing in 6 was worth ruining KD's career and tearing Klay's ACL.

Doubt anyone will say the Warriors are a better team without KD any more- shame it's too late.

The funny thing is that by not caring enough for the long term health of KD they made things 10 times worse for their organization. If KD does not play they don't win game 5. This means KD does not get injured again and Klay does not get injured in a game 6. They go from the possibility of having everyone come back healthy next year to only Curry and Green. Karma is something else.

smackeddog
6/14/2019  4:25 AM
Clean wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Warriors are an absolute disgrace of an organization, I don't see how any player trusts them or their medical staff ever again- glad Looney made it through the series (should never have been playing with a broken collar bone and torn cartilage.

The funny thing is that by not caring enough for the long term health of KD they made things 10 times worse for their organization. If KD does not play they don't win game 5. This means KD does not get injured again and Klay does not get injured in a game 6. They go from the possibility of having everyone come back healthy next year to only Curry and Green. Karma is something else.

Yep, their decision to rush KD, cost them KD and Klay and they still lost

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/14/2019  6:42 AM
we love him, we hate him . . . but congrats djsunyc.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/14/2019  7:26 AM
I dont know how you blame an organization for Klay's freak injury, but ok. THe play reminded me of how KP tore his ACL. Green challenged Klay at the rim, just like Giannis challenged KP. Both changed direction in midair and had to come down awkwardly. Bad luck.

I guess they shouldn't have been playing the game because they should have lost game 5, right?

So GS lost 2 of their 4 stars to serious injury in 2 consecutive games. I thnk Klay now returns for sure. He was 99.9% before and now he is 100%, I would guess. Likley should be ready by March. But you never know. KD is likely to still leave, so GS will need to rebuild a bit to make the playoffs.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/14/2019  8:47 AM
That was a great game, beginning to end. That Klay injury sucked though man.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Clean
Member: #743
6/14/2019  9:47 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I dont know how you blame an organization for Klay's freak injury, but ok. THe play reminded me of how KP tore his ACL. Green challenged Klay at the rim, just like Giannis challenged KP. Both changed direction in midair and had to come down awkwardly. Bad luck.

I guess they shouldn't have been playing the game because they should have lost game 5, right?

So GS lost 2 of their 4 stars to serious injury in 2 consecutive games. I thnk Klay now returns for sure. He was 99.9% before and now he is 100%, I would guess. Likley should be ready by March. But you never know. KD is likely to still leave, so GS will need to rebuild a bit to make the playoffs.

I never blamed them for Klay's injury. I do blame them for KD's injury though. I just stated that rushing KD back started a chain of events that ended up with both KD and Klay with almost full year injuries and they still lost. If KD does not play in game 5 the warriors lose game 5 and then Klay would have never gotten the chance to get hurt in game 6. You might call this bad luck but I call it karma for rushing KD back.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
6/14/2019  10:15 AM
93BUICK wrote:Congrats DJ STFU
Kawhi gets last laff....

smackeddog wrote:I think the warriors are done - happy for DJ and craptor fans, hope it doesn't mess up our FA plans

Marv wrote:we love him, we hate him . . . but congrats djsunyc.

thank y'all. crazy ride. shows you that you don't need a superteam to win it all. this year's raptors were a combo of the 04 pisons and 11 mavs.

smackeddog
6/14/2019  12:43 PM
djsunyc wrote:
Kawhi gets last laff....

smackeddog wrote:I think the warriors are done - happy for DJ and craptor fans, hope it doesn't mess up our FA plans

thank y'all. crazy ride. shows you that you don't need a superteam to win it all. this year's raptors were a combo of the 04 pisons and 11 mavs.

That's what I thought too- and very entertaining for us non-raptor fans too, gives hope to the whole league

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/14/2019  1:33 PM
djsunyc wrote:
Kawhi gets last laff....

Hmmmm, I like that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/17/2019  11:11 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Kawhi gets last laff....

Hmmmm, I like that.

If KD never gets hurt, this wouldn't be the case. I understand injuries are a part of the game, but the Raptors really lucked out.

smackeddog
6/17/2019  11:23 AM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Kawhi gets last laff....

Hmmmm, I like that.

If KD never gets hurt, this wouldn't be the case. I understand injuries are a part of the game, but the Raptors really lucked out.

Yeah, but GS lucked out with injuries a lot of times in their previous finals- CP3, Kyrie, Love, etc all went down in various playoffs- in fact didn't Kyrie and Love go down in the same finals series vs the Warriors?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/17/2019  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/17/2019  11:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Kawhi gets last laff....

Hmmmm, I like that.

Yeah, but GS lucked out with injuries a lot of times in their previous finals- CP3, Kyrie, Love, etc all went down in various playoffs- in fact didn't Kyrie and Love go down in the same finals series vs the Warriors?

If Kyrie and Love dont go down in 2015, I think the Cavs win that series, no question. Injuries are a part of the game, but the Raptors were on the fortunate end of it this year. They won because they were the healthier team, not the better team.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/17/2019  11:38 AM
GSW fist title was a godsend. The path was paved by injuries and they sustained.
They got three titles in 5 trips. Pretty damn good!

You know the longer you look at history, the more Phil Jax stands taller. The Bulls and Lakers were two stars and a lot of role players. THey were awesome!!!

GSW has defined the decade. Great team and stands on its greatness. Toronto got Lebron out but still had to deal with leagues best Milwaukee and the freak.

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy