Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/6/2019  9:31 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:whoa

I’m very suspicious about his injury, I think they’ve known he’s not coming back for the rest of the series.

No way the warriors are winning this series, normally I’d be pleased but I’m worried it will mean KD stays.im also worried about the injury. damn!

I think you are over thinking it!

The way they have been handling this injury is suspicious, though.

First, the way he reacted on the injury made many think it could be something different. Granted, its just their opinion.

But then Durant has been ruled out of crucial games on a day-to-day basis while a true time frame has never been given. Excuses start to really seem fishy the more games he misses in the most crucial part of the season.

And his free agency turns this situation even more suspicious, so until he comes back, I really think we aren’t getting the whole story.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
6/7/2019  3:11 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:whoa

I’m very suspicious about his injury, I think they’ve known he’s not coming back for the rest of the series.

No way the warriors are winning this series, normally I’d be pleased but I’m worried it will mean KD stays.im also worried about the injury. damn!

I think you are over thinking it!

The way they have been handling this injury is suspicious, though.

First, the way he reacted on the injury made many think it could be something different. Granted, its just their opinion.

But then Durant has been ruled out of crucial games on a day-to-day basis while a true time frame has never been given. Excuses start to really seem fishy the more games he misses in the most crucial part of the season.

And his free agency turns this situation even more suspicious, so until he comes back, I really think we aren’t getting the whole story.

Plus Kerr said a few days ago that the injury was worse than originally thought, then followed that up a few days later with some cryptic comments about 'if they'd known what they were dealing with' or something.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/7/2019  7:34 AM
I think its best to not give your opponent full disclosure and keep them guessing all within the rules.
A “Strain” is a “Tear” and there are different degrees of it. Same for Hamstring. As one who has tore both my calf’s one was far worst then the other but the diagnosis the same.
It happens and you can walk a few minutes until the swelling starts and then often can’t get your heal down.
Does he play or not? His choice. It’s not an injury could can play on.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/7/2019  11:13 PM
Wow. Warriors might go down 3-1 if they lose 2 in Oracle. Could be the last game in Oracle tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
6/7/2019  11:32 PM
Boom. Warriors are done c
CrushAlot
USA
6/7/2019  11:40 PM
Nick Nurse has been a great coach in the playoffs. Great hire. I thought they fired Casey to get Budenholzer. Nurse might be better.
CrushAlot
USA
6/7/2019  11:47 PM
A friend of mine that covered the Warriors during the Karl, Nellie, PJ years was convinced the Warriors would close this series out in 6 at Oracle. Also, what a year for LeBron to leave the East.
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

6/8/2019  2:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/8/2019  2:30 AM
RAPTORS BABY! 3-1
*HA

GOTTA LOVE IT eh ? I'm a Knick fan PULLING FOR TORONTO

*Grins

Aint quite over yet

But hear me out, GS Warriors talks too much S+++ht. in regulars season
they talk too much pooo-pooo in playoffs cause they champs
and in Finals talk way too much smack after series was 1-1.
From Draymond to GS part/owner or whatever his title was dis'ing Lowry.

GOOD FOR THEM SUCKAs' .. I'm proud jealous Knick fan admiring Khawi, city of Toronto
and the fact they are 1 game from first EVER NBA TITLE IN TORONTO.

Imagine eh? NBA winner of Title from Canada
Gotta love that story! I Sure do

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
smackeddog
6/8/2019  2:52 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Boom. Warriors are done c

The group think of the bball media this series has been crazy- they bought their own crap about the Warriors being some sort of indestructible mythical beast, and that they didn't need KD. How they still thought the Warriors were going to win after all the injuries to Iggy, Klay, KD, Looney, is bizarre. Nearly every show, every writer is always saying "the Warriors will win", there's next to no diversity of opinion.

smackeddog
6/8/2019  3:06 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:RAPTORS BABY! 3-1
*HA

*Grins

Aint quite over yet

GOOD FOR THEM SUCKAs' .. I'm proud jealous Knick fan admiring Khawi, city of Toronto

Normally I would be pulling for the raptors (I hate golden state, and I usually root for the underdog), but I'm just worried about the offseason implications!

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/8/2019  6:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:
DJMUSIC wrote:RAPTORS BABY! 3-1
*HA

*Grins

Aint quite over yet

Normally I would be pulling for the raptors (I hate golden state, and I usually root for the underdog), but I'm just worried about the offseason implications!

They might have already changed the moment Durant injured himself in the Western Semis. His injury might be worse than revealed and depending on that, we will either see him leave, proving he still expects to be back fully for next season, or he will have to take the option back to GS as he might be worried about it affecting him.

I think the injury will be more of a factor than any “Durant’s absence proved he is needed so he will want to return” narrative.

Knicks_Fan
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/8/2019  5:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nick Nurse has been a great coach in the playoffs. Great hire. I thought they fired Casey to get Budenholzer. Nurse might be better.
Great coach. Not afraid to install a janky defense. That box and 1 was awesome
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
6/8/2019  11:24 PM
Actually think Warriors have a better shot at coming back without Durant. Even if he was near completely healthy - he would need a few games to get his rhythm back. Think the Warriors win game 5 and lose at Oracle in Game 6.
smackeddog
6/9/2019  11:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/9/2019  1:30 PM
I think the warriors are done - happy for DJ and craptor fans, hope it doesn't mess up our FA plans
Nalod
USA
6/10/2019  9:30 AM
3-1 and its easy to say they are done. Statistically yeah.
Only one team ever did that. Lebron against the best regular season record team.
Here the low down, Warriors are getting healthier. Loony back, cousins gets a little more in shape, perhaps with rest (this thing is dragging out!!) Klay is better, and then Durant. Maybe 20 min and 20 pts is all they need from him. This game is the sum.

Are they cooked? Easy to say yeah. Its rare for a team to sweep like the Warriors did coming into this series and have one of the games current best out. Usually teams go down 1-3 they are cooked. Because of the injuries, this is different.
VanVleet might be a little out of kilter after getting his cheek rammed. Little things add up.

I won't sit here and prognosticate the outcome of the game but its must see TV for sure.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/10/2019  11:55 AM
now we know why raptors are winning - dj got his peeps doing work up there.

smackeddog
6/10/2019  1:21 PM
Nalod wrote:3-1 and its easy to say they are done. Statistically yeah.
Only one team ever did that. Lebron against the best regular season record team.
Here the low down, Warriors are getting healthier. Loony back, cousins gets a little more in shape, perhaps with rest (this thing is dragging out!!) Klay is better, and then Durant. Maybe 20 min and 20 pts is all they need from him. This game is the sum.

Are they cooked? Easy to say yeah. Its rare for a team to sweep like the Warriors did coming into this series and have one of the games current best out. Usually teams go down 1-3 they are cooked. Because of the injuries, this is different.
VanVleet might be a little out of kilter after getting his cheek rammed. Little things add up.

I won't sit here and prognosticate the outcome of the game but its must see TV for sure.

For me, you can just see it when the other team is mentally defeated, and the Warriors just look done. Though watch them come out and make a fool of me

Nalod
USA
6/10/2019  1:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:3-1 and its easy to say they are done. Statistically yeah.

For me, you can just see it when the other team is mentally defeated, and the Warriors just look done. Though watch them come out and make a fool of me

You may be right, but usually mental defeat can be from physical exhaustion. The bodies might still work but the mind is done. The brain is a muscle too.
I never understood it until I got older and it happens to me playing tennis. Played a match two hours in the heat, I felt great. Then just started doing stupid things. I was hydrated, I had electrolytes, Blah blah. Great match, then judgement and instinct was lost. I blew the match. In retrospect I was playing great, perhaps over my ability until that moment.
Warriors Iggy and Livingston are older now and not as effective. Draymond usually starts getting stupid about this time. You can see he has lost some focus. Toronto is a tough group right now. And healthy!!!!

I think when Phil saw GSW and said they could sustain I think he was right but GSW broke a glass ceiling and could play loose and free. You can do that when healthy as they were their first chip. In the second run where they lost up 3-1 they were similarly worn out. The last years they get Durant who helped big time with half court play in crunch time. Big time. Phil had said what he said before they got Durant.

Again, they broke the glass ceiling and took the game to new level. Kerr was able to do what D'Antoni cold not in Phx or in Houston. He simply had the talent to do it! Toronto is long, athletic and they are shooting. Kawhi made others better. Its what the great ones do. Derozen was a talent, but not a "great one".

Im not rooting for anyone this series, I am just experiencing it. Happy if Raptors win and happy to see a comeback if GSW can pull it off by being healthy.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/10/2019  2:50 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
6/10/2019  2:55 PM
martin wrote:

Good luck with that!

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy