[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!
Author Thread
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

6/2/2019  11:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Great game, dont believe Raps can survive splitting the home stand. Not going back to GS.

Coach Kerr came-up with a great scheme to beat the Raps at home uhOh!

AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/2/2019  11:13 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Don't forget about Klay!

Klay is the Top FA I want for the Knicks max $$$ in the offseason.
Klay has the leadership potential to select the Keepers of our young-core guard-rotation.

Tonight, Klay score 25 pts on over 70% shooting by the middle of the 3rd qtr. to give GS a 10 pt lead.

JesseDark
Member: #467
6/3/2019  1:33 AM
Kemet wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Don't forget about Klay!

Klay is the Top FA I want for the Knicks max $$$ in the offseason.
Klay has the leadership potential to select the Keepers of our young-core guard-rotation.

Tonight, Klay score 25 pts on over 70% shooting by the middle of the 3rd qtr. to give GS a 10 pt lead.

Certainly would like Klay, but I’ve always thought of him as a guy who prefers the west coast.

Bring back dee-fense
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/3/2019  7:44 AM
I picked Toronto to win back in October. MY thesis was GSW would not sustain its health.
Few days ago I said Durant keeps the back court fresh. Klay’s injury could happen any time but hammy’s are fatigue based. Iggy came up big last night. He is barely hanging on.
I mostly saw the potential of Toronto’s chemistry over Bostons potential talent surge. Really, I just went against what most of you were saying which was Boston would win the east. No great thought process on my part. No one to be won and I get a bit of bragging rights. No big thought to say if GSW is healthy they win. Of course they do.

I popped both my calf’s and when it happens you can walk off. Then the fun really starts when it inflames. Its not a contact injury.

As for his motivation? I cant see any scenario where he does not want to play. He wants that third ring and be on the court when it happens. The other stuff seems juvenile. I see this team wanting to prove they are good without him, thats just pride too! I’m good with that.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/3/2019  11:18 AM
Nalod wrote:I picked Toronto to win back in October. MY thesis was GSW would not sustain its health.
Few days ago I said Durant keeps the back court fresh. Klay’s injury could happen any time but hammy’s are fatigue based. Iggy came up big last night. He is barely hanging on.
I mostly saw the potential of Toronto’s chemistry over Bostons potential talent surge. Really, I just went against what most of you were saying which was Boston would win the east. No great thought process on my part. No one to be won and I get a bit of bragging rights. No big thought to say if GSW is healthy they win. Of course they do.

I popped both my calf’s and when it happens you can walk off. Then the fun really starts when it inflames. Its not a contact injury.

As for his motivation? I cant see any scenario where he does not want to play. He wants that third ring and be on the court when it happens. The other stuff seems juvenile. I see this team wanting to prove they are good without him, thats just pride too! I’m good with that.

Its a presence of greatness in the building. It can be undone by other greatness.
Are Raptors great? Great coach, great star, and not so great after. Will it be enough?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
OffDaMeterzzzz
Member: #1052

6/3/2019  11:34 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

If Paul is still in Houston next season (tough to move his contract) and nothing has changed as far as the offense. Guessing Paul is going to get MDA fired during the season. Will be interested to see who will be the new lead assistant. Might turn into the same situation,.the Lakers have with Kidd, ready to step in.

They were in talks with Lue. Don't Blane for wanting every penny from his contract, but this is no win situation. Well, better them than us.

Jalen Rose talked about how D'Antoni has to be more vocal about Harden's body language when he doesnt have the ball. While he was speaking, they showed a reel of Harden walking over and over to an empty spot on court, well away from the action. And just stand there and watch. Or walk up on a fastbreak, while his teammates sprint up the court.

Its a player's league, but D'Antoni put too many chips on Harden. Not what you would call a team player, or clutch, and he's pushing 30. Id try to find the best deal for Harden before injuries start happening more often. Try to make a run with Paul, for the next couple of seasons.

I am not a fan of D’Antoni or Harden. It is much easier to replace a coach then it is a top 5 player. Morey worked for years setting up the rockets so that they had the cap space and assets to get a star. If they trade Harden is it for another star, a package like the Spurs got for Kawhi, or would they be rebuilding. Paul is 34, has missed over 20 games in each of the last 3 seasons and has 3 more years on his horrible contract. His age, contract and timeline would make it very hard to rebuild if he is on the roster. I think the rockets have a much better chance of winning if they fire D’Antoni and find a deal for Paul. Moving Harden might be necessary but I don’t think making a run with Paul at this point in his career would be a successful plan. Paul might be the strong voice D’Antoni needs to communicate his wants to the other players but that doesn’t carry over to Harden.

Rockets could rebuild off a Harden trade, or make another run, depending on who they get back. Either alternative is better for Houston than MDA maybe running Harden into the ground next season. Wouldn't be the first time D'antoni has done that.

Paul is older, more wear and tear, which would make him harder to move. Paul is a better floor general than Harden. Would get the best deal for Harden while they can, while he's still healthy. Harden will get his numbers, plays like its enough for him. At least Paul will try to lead. Guessing All-Stars would rather play with Paul than a ballstopper like Harden.

I think D'antoni made a huge mistake allowing Harden to dance around all day while the rest of the team watched him do his thing. That may work to notch you wins during the regular season, but not against strong teams in a 7 game playoff series. Poor decision not allowing the offense to be run through Paul. I believe they would have a higher likelihood of success with the ball in his hands. Paul is a winner (floor general, quintessential point guard) who is clutch and knows how to make the right plays to get you to the next level. He is like an eagle out there. His prime (or end of prime) is wasting away. A shame.

Nalod
USA
6/3/2019  12:13 PM
In my book took that team perhaps further and added value by over using Harden. I think it worked.
On paper the sum are greater than the parts. By that, Paul is cooked and I given the injuries to Capella most of the year I thought after a rough start they turned out pretty strong. Thought the same for the Suns when he coached them. The success they have in the regular season is over achievement and that leads to "disappointment".
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
6/3/2019  9:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/3/2019  9:51 PM
This idea that Klay is coming back and we need an MRI to tell us he is out for the series is rather hilarious to me.

Other sports, or situations, a player pulls up with a hamstring injury there isn't even a question about if they come back.

Out a few weeks guaranteed. Okay, they're calling it "tightness." I'm not so familiar with this injury. Sounds like complete propaganda and/or wishful thinking from Klay. Even Kerr suggests this:

“Klay said he'll be fine, but Klay could be half dead and he would say he would be fine,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said. “We'll see. He pulled his hamstring. He thinks it is minor, so I don't know what that means going forward.”

Sound convincing? A hamstring injury is not a twisted ankle. You can't really play through that as far as I gather, but maybe it was VERY mild. Even so, that's going to be something you can be effective playing with at this level? This is basketball not bowling. Folks are out of their minds expecting him to return.

It's "The Finals" so players do whatever they can to find a way to play. I get it.

Yet, he is also a free agent. Actually, this is probably part of the motivation. He's probably planning to get injections (obviously what will happen) over a few games in a row, but the long term impact in his health other teams should take note.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/4/2019  3:05 AM
Not looking good for GSW:

Klay Thompson was diagnosed with a hamstring strain after getting an MRI on Monday, according to Shams Charania.

Charania added that Thompson will likely be questionable to play in game 3 of the NBA Finals on Wednesday.

Thompson suffered the injury in the 4th quarter of game 2.

and

Kevon Looney will be "out indefinitely" after suffering a fracture in his collarbone, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

Looney was diagnosed with a non-displaced first costal cartilage fracture after getting an MRI on Monday.

Though he could be re-evaluated in the future, sources say that the Warriors are not optimistic that he will play again in the NBA Finals.

I hope this doesn't mess up KD leaving them- If he comes riding to the rescue he could finally get the appreciation he craves

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/4/2019  11:35 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
6/6/2019  7:32 AM
well now steph knows how lebron felt. go raptors!!
Nalod
USA
6/6/2019  8:22 AM
Boogie looks rough last night. I admire his effort. He is very much out of shape due to his injury.
Livingston looks cooked. Iggy can’t play to those minutes. This is not a statement of the empire crumbling. Injury is a huge factor in any team in any season. The gods are paving the way for Toronto.
Is it too much mileage.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/6/2019  9:46 AM
Predicted GS would win until Klay got hurt. Now Im not so sure. Durant might have to ride to the rescue to give the Warriors a chance.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/6/2019  10:05 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that there's rumblings KD plays in game 4. If he does come to the rescue, do they shower him with enuff so all this moving on talk comes to nothing, or does he pull a LeBron "kiss my ass" as he walks away with "his" ring?

The drama! What if he stages a Willis moment walking out the tunnel after warm-ups?

smackeddog
6/6/2019  11:56 AM
martin wrote:

ha ha, the kind of stuff that would haunt you in your dreams

smackeddog
6/6/2019  11:59 AM
I don't get why people so much of the media still think GS are the most likely team to win- they just have Steph and Draymond, everyone else is badly injured or out. Even if KD comes back he'll be rusty/hobbled. Klay will be limited my that hamstring for the rest of the series. Cousins will be bad. Iggy is dealing with multiple injuries. They have no chance.
martin
USA
6/6/2019  3:43 PM
whoa

smackeddog
6/6/2019  3:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/6/2019  3:57 PM
martin wrote:whoa

I’m very suspicious about his injury, I think they’ve known he’s not coming back for the rest of the series.

No way the warriors are winning this series, normally I’d be pleased but I’m worried it will mean KD stays.im also worried about the injury. damn!

martin
USA
6/6/2019  4:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:whoa

I’m very suspicious about his injury, I think they’ve known he’s not coming back for the rest of the series.

No way the warriors are winning this series, normally I’d be pleased but I’m worried it will mean KD stays.im also worried about the injury. damn!

I think you are over thinking it!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/6/2019  4:11 PM
https://www.thedailybeast.com/mark-stevens-golden-state-warriors-co-owner-who-shoved-kyle-lowry-is-whats-wrong-with-americas-billionaires?ref=scroll
Game Thread:2019 playoffs are here!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy