Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2019  10:37 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:OKC didn’t want him. Houston didn’t want him he’ll no NBA team wants him. What is it with Knicks fans or Melo fans seem more appropriate. Melo’s game doesn’t translate to modern NBA much less the past NBA. The unwillingness to adapt what make anyone think he can adapt.

Melo had several offers from non contenders that he turned down

Proof?

didn't the lakers want him if they where playoff bound

THings reported are not facts. It was a scenario projected that if playoff but they might want help.
Shyt gets made up all the time.
Jeff Bzdelic Was a Denver coach I believe coached Melo for a season and a half and got fired.
When they signed Melo he retired.
Wen they waived him he came back. Your a smart guy, find the coincidence?

Bdzelic won 17 games the year before the Nuggets added Melo. The next year his team won 26 more games. The following year the Nuggets signed KMart but had some injuries at the start of the season including Melo and Kiki fired Jeff. When a gm makes moves that should cause a splash and they don’t coaches get fired. I know there was strife with D’Antoni and Melo but has this new black mark on Melo’s career been reported by anyone that covered the Nuggets at the time?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/15/2019  8:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:OKC didn’t want him. Houston didn’t want him he’ll no NBA team wants him. What is it with Knicks fans or Melo fans seem more appropriate. Melo’s game doesn’t translate to modern NBA much less the past NBA. The unwillingness to adapt what make anyone think he can adapt.

Proof?

THings reported are not facts. It was a scenario projected that if playoff but they might want help.
Jeff Bzdelic Was a Denver coach I believe coached Melo for a season and a half and got fired.

Bdzelic won 17 games the year before the Nuggets added Melo. The next year his team won 26 more games. The following year the Nuggets signed KMart but had some injuries at the start of the season including Melo and Kiki fired Jeff. When a gm makes moves that should cause a splash and they don’t coaches get fired. I know there was strife with D’Antoni and Melo but has this new black mark on Melo’s career been reported by anyone that covered the Nuggets at the time?

Oh my, Melo doesn't get along with Jeff Bzdelic. A HOF player versus a career (2.25 whole years) .380 coach. Only on here can this lend any credence to anything.

Carmelo Anthony was drafted by a Nuggets team that posted a laughable 17-65 record the previous year. Melo led his new squad to an impressive resurgence posting a 43-39 record in the 2003-04 season, eventually securing the 8th seed for the playoffs. Melo also became the first rookie since David Robinson to lead a playoff team in scoring.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/15/2019  10:01 AM
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww no ****ing way

Melo hasn't shown he can be effective being anything other than iso player. We have Trier. There is no need and in fact a sulking vet is probably the worst thing this roster can take on. I am a fan of Melo, way bigger than most, but pass there is no logical reason to bring him back

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2019  10:12 AM
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Proof?

Oh my, Melo doesn't get along with Jeff Bzdelic. A HOF player versus a career (2.25 whole years) .380 coach. Only on here can this lend any credence to anything.

Carmelo Anthony was drafted by a Nuggets team that posted a laughable 17-65 record the previous year. Melo led his new squad to an impressive resurgence posting a 43-39 record in the 2003-04 season, eventually securing the 8th seed for the playoffs. Melo also became the first rookie since David Robinson to lead a playoff team in scoring.

Nobody doubts Melo's ability to score points. Just because Bdzelic was not successful as a head coach does not discredit the issue. NBA is a players league.
We all know that. First player to lead a playoff team in scoring. Did anyone say Bdzelick was a fine head coach? MDA thinks he is a fine assistant!!

What we do know is 2018 Melo did not stick.
When he left, Bdzelick unretired. The team did real well after that.
Melo is going to the HOF. MDA might also. Remember its the Basketball HOF and his work over seas and as a coach who coached two players to MVP status is quite an accomplishment. Bdzelick is not.

Melo legacy will be restored when he retires. He left Rockets after 10 games. It was not pretty.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/15/2019  10:50 AM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
PassTheBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Proof?

Nobody doubts Melo's ability to score points. Just because Bdzelic was not successful as a head coach does not discredit the issue. NBA is a players league.
We all know that. First player to lead a playoff team in scoring. Did anyone say Bdzelick was a fine head coach? MDA thinks he is a fine assistant!!

What we do know is 2018 Melo did not stick.
When he left, Bdzelick unretired. The team did real well after that.
Melo is going to the HOF. MDA might also. Remember its the Basketball HOF and his work over seas and as a coach who coached two players to MVP status is quite an accomplishment. Bdzelick is not.

Melo legacy will be restored when he retires. He left Rockets after 10 games. It was not pretty.

We know Bdzelik agreed to come out of retirement on November 5th. It was reported that he was given a significant raise to convince him and that he would become one of the highest paid assistant coaches in the league. We know that the Rockets and Melo parted ways on November 15th. There maybe a correlation to Bdzelik coming back and Melo leaving but I don't know that any of this is more then speculation. What I was pushing back on is that you implied that Bdzelik was fired in Denver because of Melo. That team had made a big free agency splash the previous offseason, had significant injuries including Melo and had lost 6 straight games. Your earlier post is the first time that I have heard or read that Melo got Bdzelik fired in Denver.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2019  11:39 AM
OMG can we focus on players who might be able to play NBA basketball?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2019  11:44 AM
fishmike wrote:OMG can we focus on players who might be able to play NBA basketball?

agreed. next people will be wanting THIS guy

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/15/2019  11:54 AM
Marv wrote:
fishmike wrote:OMG can we focus on players who might be able to play NBA basketball?

He is starting to look like Fatton
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
4/15/2019  12:01 PM
NYKBocker wrote:He is starting to look like Fatton

careful. fatton carries a gun.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/15/2019  3:07 PM
Marv wrote:

Is that Mike Sweetney? I thought he was out of the league. Always liked him
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/15/2019  4:40 PM
fishmike wrote:
Marv wrote:

Is that Mike Sweetney? I thought he was out of the league. Always liked him

I'm just happy Khalid got a chance to redeem himself in the NBA.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/15/2019  8:03 PM

Then maybe try a different thread?

bigjeep8
Member: #3297

4/15/2019  8:57 PM
Melo as 6th man next year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy