[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give Melo somthing......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2019  8:59 AM
Melo has not officially retired and is not rostered so no comparisons to Dirk and Wade for this year.
Denver should do it too. Have to make sure he is not booed!!!! LOL, not sure they are ready to reconcile with his past.

It’s also for the fans in NY that supported him. LIke I said, no retirement of his jersey or statue, just recognition.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/12/2019  9:28 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Vmart wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:
Vmart wrote:What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James Eddy Curry a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.

fixed

The list is long if your going to honor ineptitude. The nuggets have more reasons to honor Melo than the Knicks.

I thought this list was based off ineptitude/entertainment value. James sucked, but he put an occasional smile on my face. That ice cream and cake video always made me laugh. I can't think of anything remotely positive about the Eddy Curry fiasco.

Sarcasm is totally lost on people filled with hate.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/12/2019  9:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Much as I got annoyed with him, it does feel wrong that his career ended with such a whimper, especially looking at the endings wade and dirk got (although they are champions). Whether you like him or not, it’s important to treat him well (just to show other FAs that we treat players right). Weird how quickly his career ended

100% disagree. Just completely, completely different situations. For starters wade and dirk are being treated by their original team. Let Denver do something for him they at least got some meaningful assets in return for him

Melo was a prima donna who didn't like sharing the spotlight and put his own stats and interests way before the team's -- and not just in the Phil era. It would be a huge discredit to all the true Knicks who got recongition

Totally disagree. Melo winning player of the months in April while his teammates broke down and getting the team in the playoffs has to count for something. Other than Grunwald, the guys assembling the teams around Melo were really bad. Imagine if your best teammates are flu and JR Smith.

yep, would Wade and Dirk have won championships if they'd only had Melo's team mates? Nope!

Imagine Wade or Dirk with just that 2 weeks of Lin! Multiple chips!

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/12/2019  12:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Much as I got annoyed with him, it does feel wrong that his career ended with such a whimper, especially looking at the endings wade and dirk got (although they are champions). Whether you like him or not, it’s important to treat him well (just to show other FAs that we treat players right). Weird how quickly his career ended

100% disagree. Just completely, completely different situations. For starters wade and dirk are being treated by their original team. Let Denver do something for him they at least got some meaningful assets in return for him

Melo was a prima donna who didn't like sharing the spotlight and put his own stats and interests way before the team's -- and not just in the Phil era. It would be a huge discredit to all the true Knicks who got recongition

Totally disagree. Melo winning player of the months in April while his teammates broke down and getting the team in the playoffs has to count for something. Other than Grunwald, the guys assembling the teams around Melo were really bad. Imagine if your best teammates are flu and JR Smith.

I'm not denying his talents. It's his attitude. I think that's why OKC dumped him, and Rockets dumped him even faster. He was essentially banned from the team; they didn't even want his "wisdom" cheering from the bench. I think that's also why despite various banana boat ego stroking celebrity shots, he was effective in bringing absolutely no one to the team. He was unwilling to sacrifice anything for the betterment of the team. Stat was playing MVP level and got pushed to the side; KP was playing dynamite and Melo still preferred to shoot out of a double teams than pass to the 7'3" white guy under the rim wide open (i.e., easy enough to see).

Make no mistake, KP is in Dallas now, because he and his nitwit brother learned from Melo

They certainly didn't share the Panglossian view of Perry/Mills you're advocating

(5)(5)
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2019  1:15 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I'm not denying his talents. It's his attitude. I think that's why OKC dumped him, and Rockets dumped him even faster. He was essentially banned from the team; they didn't even want his "wisdom" cheering from the bench. I think that's also why despite various banana boat ego stroking celebrity shots, he was effective in bringing absolutely no one to the team. He was unwilling to sacrifice anything for the betterment of the team. Stat was playing MVP level and got pushed to the side; KP was playing dynamite and Melo still preferred to shoot out of a double teams than pass to the 7'3" white guy under the rim wide open (i.e., easy enough to see).

Make no mistake, KP is in Dallas now, because he and his nitwit brother learned from Melo

They certainly didn't share the Panglossian view of Perry/Mills you're advocating

I think the reason the Rockets exiled Melo so quickly was because their top defensive coach refused to coach with them while Melo was about (remember he 'retired' after one season once Melo signed with the team, and by sheer coincidence came out of retirement as soon as Melo was gone. Also that coach had beefed with melo earlier in their careers)

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2019  2:08 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I think the reason the Rockets exiled Melo so quickly was because their top defensive coach refused to coach with them while Melo was about (remember he 'retired' after one season once Melo signed with the team, and by sheer coincidence came out of retirement as soon as Melo was gone. Also that coach had beefed with melo earlier in their careers)

good catch, I never made that connection

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
4/12/2019  2:23 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

good catch, I never made that connection

That’s exactly why. But that proves he is considered a coaches nightmare. It’s the reason I don’t see anothe team taking a chance on him again. He’s done for good.

/PassTheBall
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/12/2019  3:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That might be part of it. The bottom line is that he was terrible. He's shooting percentages, defense and overall scoring weren't even rotation level. If Melo proved to be useful, I'm not sure a defensive assistant coach's opinion makes much of a difference.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2019  4:52 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

The reports from OKC were that he was great there. That was across the board. The problem was his huge contract. His comments at the end of last season didn’t help but he didnt disrupt or question his role until after the season. I don’t know what happened in Houston. His game aged quickly.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/12/2019  6:56 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Marv wrote:
Vmart wrote:What? Let give Starbury a night too and Crawford. let's give Jerome James Eddy Curry Edwina Sparkles a night How about Amare. Why not Lin.

fixed

fixed

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/13/2019  10:29 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Chandler wrote:

That might be part of it. The bottom line is that he was terrible. He's shooting percentages, defense and overall scoring weren't even rotation level. If Melo proved to be useful, I'm not sure a defensive assistant coach's opinion makes much of a difference.

if i knew how to search the forum i would find the article describing how melo threw the guy under the buss in Denver. When he "unretired" Houston got rolling again. He's their defensive coach

Keep in mind too that they didn't simply delegate Melo to the end of the bench. He was banished for a reason.

Reminds one of the adage: be nice to people on your way up, because you might meet them on your way down

(5)(5)
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
4/13/2019  10:37 AM

A lot of that was his own doing. He thought that he was better than he was. He didn't want to take a smaller role. He got what he deserved.

Rose is not the answer.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2019  11:08 AM

We do treat 99% of the players right. Spree had issues but don’t forget spree walked his own beat especially his famous cross country drives where he’d kind of not show up to training on time, or with a broken hand and not be forthcoming. Players and fans loved him but he had a much to do with his problems in the front office. Ewing was often salty to front office and he asked to leave. He has been given every honor except handed a head coaching job. He was offered the Gleague gig. I’m not sure you want a larger than life as assistant coach.

Dolan seemed to have honored hand shake deals (Can Allan Houston’s opt out and new contract be anything else?), was very nice to substance abuse guys like Vin Baker, and most players have good things to say about him. This new culture with Fiz seems to be reaching out to players and wants input.

Melo was given everything he asked for and I think PHil felt betrayed which might have been the cause of his bitterness toward Melo. Melo I thought handled it all very well and Perry executed the trade with a graciousness that Phil was unable/unwilling to do. His decline in OKC and Hou confirmed the knicks did the right thing by moving him.

I think the issue with players is being in a stable environment with assets to improve. Fiz is a players coach and we have cap space. We can show things we could not before. Thus the environment is ripe to sign players.

Give Melo somthing......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy