[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we sign two max FAs we still get a MLE?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2019  10:27 AM
I remember the Heat using it to sign Mike Miller after signing Bron/Bosh

Do we stil have $8-$9mm for FAs?

That will be a game changer if we max out KD/KI

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/10/2019  10:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2019  10:39 AM
There's a smaller exception we will get. I think it's around 2 years/10 mil total. It would be good to bring in an additional vet for a bench role, or bring someone back like Vonleh.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2019  10:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:There's a smaller exception we will get. I think it's around 2 years/10 mil total. It would be good to bring in an additional vet for a bench role, or bring someone back like Vonleh.
I think Vonleh gets the full MLE from someone and he deserves it. Thats a good contract for what he showed this year. DJordan would be a real steal
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2019  11:20 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:There's a smaller exception we will get. I think it's around 2 years/10 mil total. It would be good to bring in an additional vet for a bench role, or bring someone back like Vonleh.
I think Vonleh gets the full MLE from someone and he deserves it. Thats a good contract for what he showed this year. DJordan would be a real steal

doubt it. Realistically Vonleh had 2 good months of shooting and then he came back to reality https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/v/vonleno01/splits/2019

Feel like he was trying to do too much, not unrealistic for someone getting a chance like he did. He had some very nice moments on D but don't think he was very special, and for me he tried to do waaayyyy too much on the offense end outside of what the team was running.

don't know which exception you are talking about, there's the full one at ~$9M, tax exception at around $5M and the room exception at around $4.5M. With limited resources I don't know which teams will have the exceptions and who is in the luxury tax area.

here is how it was spent as of July of last year, feels like full exceptions when to proven guys: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/07/how-teams-are-using-201819-mid-level-exceptions.html

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/11/2019  6:39 PM
I think after a few years of the league adjusting to the bigger cap, it's settling back down. Vonleh still has a bit of upside... and he showed some signs in the first half of the season. With that, there hasn't been a lot of juice to the 2nd half of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed another deal along the lines of what he made this year ($1.6m). It'll be curious if he wants to be back in NY or if he'll go for whoever offers him the best contract. (there's PT to be had here in NY and doesn't everyone like playing for Fizdale?)

For reference, consider what Kyle O'Quinn is doing in Indy this year. I haven't looked into whether he's been injured, but he's a bit player there. He was quite robust for the Knicks last year (18mpg, 7.1ppg, 6.1rpg, 2.1apg, 1.3bpg), but this season he's only gotten 8.2mpg. He's making $4.5m. You might even argue that's a lot for his production.

Julius Randle only earned a 2yr/18m deal last year. Vonleh isn't nearly as accomplished.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/12/2019  5:07 AM
technomaster wrote:I think after a few years of the league adjusting to the bigger cap, it's settling back down. Vonleh still has a bit of upside... and he showed some signs in the first half of the season. With that, there hasn't been a lot of juice to the 2nd half of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he signed another deal along the lines of what he made this year ($1.6m). It'll be curious if he wants to be back in NY or if he'll go for whoever offers him the best contract. (there's PT to be had here in NY and doesn't everyone like playing for Fizdale?)

For reference, consider what Kyle O'Quinn is doing in Indy this year. I haven't looked into whether he's been injured, but he's a bit player there. He was quite robust for the Knicks last year (18mpg, 7.1ppg, 6.1rpg, 2.1apg, 1.3bpg), but this season he's only gotten 8.2mpg. He's making $4.5m. You might even argue that's a lot for his production.

Julius Randle only earned a 2yr/18m deal last year. Vonleh isn't nearly as accomplished.

Yep if he got Quinns deal id be surprised. If we get stars we will get a much better player for our exceptions

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knixkik
USA
4/12/2019  9:22 AM
fishmike wrote:

I think big men generally are undervalued and therefore Vonleh probably doesn't get a big contract. I would be shocked if he gets more than the 2 year/$10 mil we can possibly offer.
martin
USA
4/12/2019  11:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think big men generally are undervalued and therefore Vonleh probably doesn't get a big contract. I would be shocked if he gets more than the 2 year/$10 mil we can possibly offer.

I'd be shocked if he got more than the min.

Tony Parker get 2/$10M. Boogie got $5, Alex Len, Ed Davis. Unique situations but proven talent for those guys. Vonleh hasn't done squat

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/12/2019  12:39 PM
I was very pleasantly surprised with Vonleh even with his inconsistency. I think some quality team is going to find a role for him, given what he demonstrated this year. He can rebound and bring it up the court well, handle the ball, and every so often his shot is falling.

I'd like to keep him but wish him the best regardless

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2019  3:00 PM
thought it read "MILF"..........
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/12/2019  3:12 PM
Chandler wrote:I was very pleasantly surprised with Vonleh even with his inconsistency. I think some quality team is going to find a role for him, given what he demonstrated this year. He can rebound and bring it up the court well, handle the ball, and every so often his shot is falling.

Funny how some thought the same about KOQ..

IMO there's a difference between having talent and playing winning basketball

ES
martin
USA
4/12/2019  3:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:I was very pleasantly surprised with Vonleh even with his inconsistency. I think some quality team is going to find a role for him, given what he demonstrated this year. He can rebound and bring it up the court well, handle the ball, and every so often his shot is falling.

Funny how some thought the same about KOQ..

IMO there's a difference between having talent and playing winning basketball

We shall call that chasm a "Melo"

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/13/2019  3:31 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'd be shocked if he got more than the min.

Tony Parker get 2/$10M. Boogie got $5, Alex Len, Ed Davis. Unique situations but proven talent for those guys. Vonleh hasn't done squat

I think he gets more than the min., but not much more. He probably gets a portion of some team's exception. But you look at how little someone like Greg Monroe drew in the open market and you get a sense of how disposable big men are these days. Vonleh is close to getting that decent pay day, but he needs to show more consistency offensively, especially from the 3 point line.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/13/2019  3:32 PM
Nalod wrote:thought it read "MILF"..........

Yeah, I miss the Alba thread too.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
VCoug
Member: #1406

4/13/2019  9:40 PM
No, if a team is under the salary cap the MLE counts against the cap. TO get our full cap space we'll have to waive the MLE. Miami didn't use the MLE to sign Mike Miller; Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all took a little less money in order to have a little left to sign Miller to his contract.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Knixkik
USA
4/14/2019  2:09 PM
VCoug wrote:No, if a team is under the salary cap the MLE counts against the cap. TO get our full cap space we'll have to waive the MLE. Miami didn't use the MLE to sign Mike Miller; Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all took a little less money in order to have a little left to sign Miller to his contract.

There’s a smaller exception once we use our cap space though.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/15/2019  6:49 AM
Once we spend cap the exemptions kick in...
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
If we sign two max FAs we still get a MLE?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy