[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Magic quits on the Lakers
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/8/2019  8:24 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-lakers-tyronn-lue-moving-230936793.html

Lue apparently wanted a 5 year deal, was offered 3 years/18 mil. Considering how many good years LeBron has left, that seems right. Not so sure Lue will be asked to coach another potential superteam any time soon.

Surprised he passed on that money. Guess we'll see if there are better offers for Lue's services out there.

Lakers also wanted him to take JKidd as an assistant... someone who was interviewing for the same job. Strange ask.

OK, that's weird. Seeing the difference Budenholzer has made in Milwaukee, surprised they're making Kidd a sticking point. Its like they're asking Lue to bring in his replacement from day one. Like the Lakers were interested in marginalizing Lue before he even coached a game. Dont know how much it played in Lue's decision, wouldn't surprise me if being assigned a staff was the deal breaker.

AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

5/8/2019  9:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2019  9:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-lakers-tyronn-lue-moving-230936793.html

Lue apparently wanted a 5 year deal, was offered 3 years/18 mil. Considering how many good years LeBron has left, that seems right. Not so sure Lue will be asked to coach another potential superteam any time soon.

Surprised he passed on that money. Guess we'll see if there are better offers for Lue's services out there.

Lakers also wanted him to take JKidd as an assistant... someone who was interviewing for the same job. Strange ask.

OK, that's weird. Seeing the difference Budenholzer has made in Milwaukee, surprised they're making Kidd a sticking point. Its like they're asking Lue to bring in his replacement from day one. Like the Lakers were interested in marginalizing Lue before he even coached a game. Dont know how much it played in Lue's decision, wouldn't surprise me if being assigned a staff was the deal breaker.

Lakers FO is a** backwards...Looks like the circus moved Madison Square Garden to Staples. Reminds of phil sticking Rambis on Fish and Hornacek's bench.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/9/2019  7:13 AM
Lue has 10mm coming from Cavs still owed. He coaches he gives that up. The three year deal does not financially makes sense.
Kidd is an alpha and while he’d do good work with Ball, its still a big personality as an assistant. Rumors are saying Jeannie is being advised to trade Lebron. To do that after blowing out Walton is silly.

ITs a shyt show but in typical Laker fashion they will make this look good.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
5/9/2019  4:23 PM
Lakers News: Fans Planning Protest to Express Displeasure with LA's Front Office
Bleacher Report | May 9 1 0
Los Angeles Lakers fans are planning to hold a protest outside Staples Center to voice their frustration with the team's front office.

According to Redditor C-P-R (warning: post contains profanity), the protest will be held in front of the arena at noon Friday.

There are a number of chants planned for the event:

"Sell the team!"

"Fire Rambis!" (a reference to adviser Kurt Rambis)

"Fire Linda!" (executive director of special projects Linda Rambis)

"Kevin McHale"

"No Jason Kidd!"

"Shadow owner!"

This protest comes after the Lakers extended their franchise-record playoff drought to six years with a 37-45 performance in 2018-19.

Despite signing four-time NBA MVP and three-time champion LeBron James last offseason, Los Angeles has seen no shortage of drama.

The organization was involved in a messy and very public trade-deadline disaster involving New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis. Then the team fell out of contention by going 10-18 following the deadline.

Well at least it's not the knicks this time

ES
Nalod
USA
5/9/2019  5:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Lakers News: Fans Planning Protest to Express Displeasure with LA's Front Office
Los Angeles Lakers fans are planning to hold a protest outside Staples Center to voice their frustration with the team's front office.

According to Redditor C-P-R (warning: post contains profanity), the protest will be held in front of the arena at noon Friday.

"Sell the team!"

"Kevin McHale"

"No Jason Kidd!"

"Shadow owner!"

This protest comes after the Lakers extended their franchise-record playoff drought to six years with a 37-45 performance in 2018-19.

Despite signing four-time NBA MVP and three-time champion LeBron James last offseason, Los Angeles has seen no shortage of drama.

The organization was involved in a messy and very public trade-deadline disaster involving New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis. Then the team fell out of contention by going 10-18 following the deadline.

Protest starts on the Brooklyn Bridge, Right? LOL
6 years of no playoffs? Man that's nothing!!! Spoiled soft SoCal fans.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/9/2019  5:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

"Sell the team!"

"Kevin McHale"

"No Jason Kidd!"

"Shadow owner!"

Geez, I might hate Lakers fans as much as Yankees fans. "No playoffs in 6 years!" They sure do grow 'em soft in the West Coast. I'd rather get distracted by Jeannie's 60 year old, surgically enhance bionic rack than Dolan's music.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

5/11/2019  9:08 AM
Will be interesting to see who the Lakers name HC. As far as I know, Lue and LeBron are on good terms. Seeing the bush league way Lue was treated by Lakers mgmt/ownership, I doubt that sat well with James. From a distance, seems almost like a shot across the bow to LeBron, that it wont be like Cleveland. Where LeBron had more input. My guess.

The draft might help determine (among other factors) wether or not LeBron is a Laker next season. They land Zion, mgmt might want to stick with the youth, and think more long term. They would have their box office attraction for the next 10-15 years, if they're lucky.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
5/11/2019  9:41 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Will be interesting to see who the Lakers name HC. As far as I know, Lue and LeBron are on good terms. Seeing the bush league way Lue was treated by Lakers mgmt/ownership, I doubt that sat well with James. From a distance, seems almost like a shot across the bow to LeBron, that it wont be like Cleveland. Where LeBron had more input. My guess.

The draft might help determine (among other factors) wether or not LeBron is a Laker next season. They land Zion, mgmt might want to stick with the youth, and think more long term. They would have their box office attraction for the next 10-15 years, if they're lucky.

Just speculation but it feels like Rambis stepped in and said we can’t let a player control the franchise. That is fine but then don’t signs LeBron.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown

5/11/2019  7:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Will be interesting to see who the Lakers name HC. As far as I know, Lue and LeBron are on good terms. Seeing the bush league way Lue was treated by Lakers mgmt/ownership, I doubt that sat well with James. From a distance, seems almost like a shot across the bow to LeBron, that it wont be like Cleveland. Where LeBron had more input. My guess.

Just speculation but it feels like Rambis stepped in and said we can’t let a player control the franchise. That is fine but then don’t signs LeBron.

Lakers have literally turned into the west coast Knicks...not only is Rambis involved, but apparently Phil is also advising their coaching search. So to be clear, phil, Rambis, Rambis's wife, Pelinka,and Jeanie are all running the sinking ship! Wow!

Uptown

5/11/2019  7:59 PM
Sounds like Vogel is the new coach...Kidd is the lead assistant.
CrushAlot
USA
5/11/2019  10:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Lakers have literally turned into the west coast Knicks...not only is Rambis involved, but apparently Phil is also advising their coaching search. So to be clear, phil, Rambis, Rambis's wife, Pelinka,and Jeanie are all running the sinking ship! Wow!

I read somewhere that Phil really likes Vogel and that he was the runner up to Hornacek for the Knicks job. I am really glad this isn’t happening to the Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
5/11/2019  10:24 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/12/2019  2:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2019  2:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Sheesh, the rap on Kidd is he's a snake, so good luck with that, Vogel- it's only a matter of time until he manoeuvres on Vogel and ends up as the head coach.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/12/2019  4:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sheesh, the rap on Kidd is he's a snake, so good luck with that, Vogel- it's only a matter of time until he manoeuvres on Vogel and ends up as the head coach.

Exactly, the Lakers hired 2 coaches, one that’s lame duck n another that will fill in for lame duck.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/12/2019  4:18 AM
I mean replace lame duck
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Uptown

5/12/2019  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/12/2019  11:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It's so obvious from the outside looking in...Phil left us for dead and now he has moved on to finish the job in L A....Vogel has to see this! I guess he's just happy to have a job. It's not like his name was popping up as a candidate for other jobs....What a mess

CrushAlot
USA
5/12/2019  11:46 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Exactly, the Lakers hired 2 coaches, one that's lame duck n another that will fill in for lame duck.
Reports we’re out there that Jeanie didn’t like that Kidd was campaigning for Luke’s job when Luke was still the coach.
GustavBahler

5/12/2019  11:57 AM
Uptown wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It's so obvious from the outside looking in...Phil left us for dead and now he has moved on to finish the job in L A....Vogel has to see this! I guess he's just happy to have a job. It's not like his name was popping up as a candidate for other jobs....What a mess

Figured after the dumpster fire Phil and Rambis left in NY, they would ride off into the sunset. No shame, if they really have that much influence. Really does look like the Knicks (West) Glad Perry was brought in to change the culture.

Will be real PO'd if the Lakers get Zion, under the circumstances. Bulls as well.

CrushAlot
USA
5/12/2019  6:12 PM
Nalod
USA
5/14/2019  12:41 PM
Philly.........Trade Simmons for Lebron. Go Bring back Reddick and go at it with a core of Butler, Lebron and Embiiiid.

Do you do it?

OT: Magic quits on the Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy