[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mitch vs. KP
Author Thread
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/30/2019  4:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/30/2019  4:41 PM
I think it would be fun to compare the 2. You know their playstyles, you know their personalities, how about some stats then? The sample size is their rookie seasons.

`````````````````KP`````MR
Mpg``````````````28.4```19.2```````yeah, this i have an issue with, but then again, we are tanking, KP played about 30% more
FGA``````````````12.3```4.3````````KP took 3 times as many shots to get his
Ppg``````````````14.3```6.9````````see FGA
Rpg``````````````7.3````5.9````````see Mpg diff
Bpg``````````````1.9````2.4````````see Mpg diff
Points/36 min```````18.1```13`````````ahh, some real # finally, of course FGA make a big diff
Reb/36 min````````9.3````11.2```````this is more of a knock on KP
Blocks/36 min```````2.2````4.5````````more than double !
FT%``````````````84%````58%````````see the TS%
PER``````````````17.7```22.3```````this is a mostly a stat that measures offense, MR is super efficient
TS%``````````````52%````68%````````yes thats right. Who is your daddy
WS/48```````````.102```.215````````umm, only 11 players in the NBA history have more than MR. MJ is #1. Player number 250 on the list
is Jim Paxson with .1206 and KP is not in the top 250

Dont really know what to say. How about I wouldn't trade MR for KP straight up.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

3/30/2019  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/30/2019  5:05 PM
The Pacers first round 11th pick in the 2015 draft Myles Turner has been a All-Around better pick as a BIG than KP every season in the NBA. I would be skeptical on trading the young 20 yr old MitchRob for the 4 yr experience Myles Turner, but Turner's skills would probably be the closes player equal in production to trade MitchRob for.

KP and Knox are more equal, both never belong in the starter lineup, both has problem banging-bodies and boxing-out of the paint, plus both are equal defensively, and KP worthless block-shots were never done in the 4th quarter when the Knicks needed blocks n stops.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/30/2019  5:15 PM
Kemet wrote:The Pacers first round 11th pick in the 2015 draft Myles Turner has been a All-Around better pick as a BIG than KP every season in the NBA. I would be skeptical on trading the young 20 yr old MitchRob for the 4 yr experience Myles Turner, but Turner's skills would probably be the closes player equal in production to trade MitchRob for.

KP and Knox are more equal, both never belong in the starter lineup, both has problem banging-bodies and boxing-out of the paint, plus both are equal defensively, and KP worthless block-shots were never done in the 4th quarter when the Knicks needed blocks n stops.

Thats pretty harsh. Not sure if I would go that far. KP is a two-way player unlike Knox. To consistently come up with blocks and stops in the 4th is a whole other animal, its probably not fair to expect such from rookies or 2 year players. That being said I do think that MR is a way better defensibly, his motor is on another level.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/30/2019  11:50 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Kemet wrote:The Pacers first round 11th pick in the 2015 draft Myles Turner has been a All-Around better pick as a BIG than KP every season in the NBA. I would be skeptical on trading the young 20 yr old MitchRob for the 4 yr experience Myles Turner, but Turner's skills would probably be the closes player equal in production to trade MitchRob for.

Thats pretty harsh. Not sure if I would go that far. KP is a two-way player unlike Knox. To consistently come up with blocks and stops in the 4th is a whole other animal, its probably not fair to expect such from rookies or 2 year players. That being said I do think that MR is a way better defensibly, his motor is on another level.

KP has been a 2 way star whereas Knox doesn’t have that upside. Mitch can be a star with the right PG. DPOY potential.

Gudris
Member: #6213

3/31/2019  8:48 AM

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/31/2019  10:51 AM

Myles Turner gets no where near the media attention he deserves

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/12/2019  4:50 AM
Ha, only just found this- the perfect KP farewell

https://soundcloud.com/itsahardknickslife/emergency-pod-porzingis-has-been-traded#t=40:41

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2019  5:18 AM
Mitch’s progression this year has been dramatic. It seems like Breen mentions every game how quickly Mitch picks up what his coaches are teaching him. He did not play in college and started playing organized basketball in 8th grade. I think he has a lot of room for growth in his game. Not having KP’s health issues helps him. He is talented enough that he could have the better career. I worry that KP will have an injury riddled career like Gallo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2019  6:13 AM
KP numbers are one thing.
What I saw with my eyes was something else. Take away the arrogance and the personality and remember this kid had moves not seen by any 7’3 person and instincts with the ball seen by much smaller players. Passes, defense, and if closer to the basket his rebounding would have been good.
Be prepared if healthy this kid could be MVP discussion. If healthy. Big big if.

These two can’b Be compared. Very different. Not a bad thing. Mitch is exciting potential.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/12/2019  7:47 AM
Nalod wrote:KP numbers are one thing.
What I saw with my eyes was something else. Take away the arrogance and the personality and remember this kid had moves not seen by any 7’3 person and instincts with the ball seen by much smaller players. Passes, defense, and if closer to the basket his rebounding would have been good.
Be prepared if healthy this kid could be MVP discussion. If healthy. Big big if.

These two can’b Be compared. Very different. Not a bad thing. Mitch is exciting potential.

KP is a super skinny Shooting Guard or Small Forward. He never exhibited the strength to be a center, and hold his own down low. I hope he can develop that for his sake and for Dallas or wherever he plays after.

I was never a fan of the 7'3" dribble. SO many times out of control.

I also don't think he will ever average the kind of rebounds Mitch does and will.

I would agree that KP is the right kind of talent for where the NBA is going - where 3pters and offense is all that mattters.

I do like Mitch. He just seems like such a good kid, and I can see him developing his outside shot. Maybe not a 3pter anytime soon, but Marcus Cambey like effective 12-15fter.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/12/2019  8:49 AM
franco12 wrote:

KP is a super skinny Shooting Guard or Small Forward. He never exhibited the strength to be a center, and hold his own down low. I hope he can develop that for his sake and for Dallas or wherever he plays after.

I was never a fan of the 7'3" dribble. SO many times out of control.

I also don't think he will ever average the kind of rebounds Mitch does and will.

I would agree that KP is the right kind of talent for where the NBA is going - where 3pters and offense is all that mattters.

I do like Mitch. He just seems like such a good kid, and I can see him developing his outside shot. Maybe not a 3pter anytime soon, but Marcus Cambey like effective 12-15fter.

KP has yet to scratch the surface and given his slight build and anemic condition (I don’t know much about other than what I read) I’m not sure he can fulfil the potential.

He is a PF, his handle will never be great because of his height. But good for his height.
His fundamentals were very good for his age. His instincts were good. Block shots and recover teh ball a few times exhibited excellent feel. I think the OP is excited about Mitch and thats a good thing. Too bad we could not pair these two together. our Rim protection would be insane. KP will fill out over the years. At the same time he might be chronic medical issue. Knicks might be taking a more conservative approach before committing to him which at te end of the day is the likely crux of the issue. If Janis and KP thought another team would make that commitment then they did what was right for them. Knicks can ill afford to miss on a max contract and be a health issue who has yet to prove himself.
My hope is two years from now Knicks and Mav’s in the finals. As long as knicks succeed I’m ok with KP being successful. We fail and he goes on to HOF career it will hurt for years and years.

knicks1248
Member: #582
4/12/2019  9:13 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Myles Turner gets no where near the media attention he deserves

your right..But he's playing in such a tiny market, and doesn't really put up video game type numbers..

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/13/2019  11:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Mitch’s progression this year has been dramatic. It seems like Breen mentions every game how quickly Mitch picks up what his coaches are teaching him. He did not play in college and started playing organized basketball in 8th grade. I think he has a lot of room for growth in his game. Not having KP’s health issues helps him. He is talented enough that he could have the better career. I worry that KP will have an injury riddled career like Gallo.
anything can happen. Sometimes it takes years for it to click for guys and often then its a confluence of other factors. The thing about Mitch that is special you nailed. His growth has been dramatic. I am praying he's our Ben Wallace and I dont think that is too big a stretch
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

4/14/2019  2:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Mitch’s progression this year has been dramatic. It seems like Breen mentions every game how quickly Mitch picks up what his coaches are teaching him. He did not play in college and started playing organized basketball in 8th grade. I think he has a lot of room for growth in his game. Not having KP’s health issues helps him. He is talented enough that he could have the better career. I worry that KP will have an injury riddled career like Gallo.
anything can happen. Sometimes it takes years for it to click for guys and often then its a confluence of other factors. The thing about Mitch that is special you nailed. His growth has been dramatic. I am praying he's our Ben Wallace and I dont think that is too big a stretch

he could be better than ben wallace. he's a great defender already, but i was really impressed with his free throw shooting improvement and touch around the rim. not all of his points were dunks. he has a chance to be much better than ben wallace.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

4/14/2019  4:19 PM

Passes? His usage to assist ratio is one of the worst in the NBA
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
4/14/2019  6:32 PM
I can tell some are bitter still. KP didn't want to be on the Knicks, but making up stuff like he wasn't a good player says a lot about you.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/14/2019  11:21 PM
knickscity wrote:I can tell some are bitter still. KP didn't want to be on the Knicks, but making up stuff like he wasn't a good player says a lot about you.

If you are talking about criticizing his passing, stats back that up.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2752442-whats-wrong-with-kristaps-porzingis.amp.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/15/2019  10:28 AM
KP was further along offensively than Mitch is when we compare their rookie seasons. Mitch has a linger way to go to be a go to guy offensively then KP was/is.

B
KP overall could be the bettee player given his ability to score at all 3 levels and his defensive potential.

But what makes Mitch so special is he is doing things just based off his own natural ability at the moment. To be as effective as he has been the latter part of the season mostly based on natural talent and gifts is exciting. He can be the Knicks anchor in the middle of years to come hopefully. Don't want to expect a face up game or go to guy on offense. But if he can add a jumped so he is also a threat not just for lobs but also for pops. Then that could give him just enough offense be be all star calibre.

Him and KP would have been great together smh. Now have to hold out hope for a Zion/Mitch combination.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/15/2019  10:54 AM
Can Mitch become a KG or a shawn kemp? who knows? At the moment, he does what the coaches ask and then some. And pretty much every facet of his game grew and continues to grow

I was one of KP's biggest fans (and probably still am though mystified and miffed by his exit). His biggest attribute was the ability to do something sensational: e.g., block on one end and super dunk on the other; or sky over other big guys for a put back. His biggest detriment was probably his love of the sensational and at time maddening inability to just keep things simple (e.g., not punishing smaller defenders)

At the moment, it's real easy to love what Mitch is doing. Hurray for us! I can imagine a lot of quality players wanting to play on his team, knowing he'll be a defensive force, not whine for the ball, earn his opportunities etc

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/15/2019  10:59 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:KP was further along offensively than Mitch is when we compare their rookie seasons. Mitch has a linger way to go to be a go to guy offensively then KP was/is.

B
KP overall could be the bettee player given his ability to score at all 3 levels and his defensive potential.

But what makes Mitch so special is he is doing things just based off his own natural ability at the moment. To be as effective as he has been the latter part of the season mostly based on natural talent and gifts is exciting. He can be the Knicks anchor in the middle of years to come hopefully. Don't want to expect a face up game or go to guy on offense. But if he can add a jumped so he is also a threat not just for lobs but also for pops. Then that could give him just enough offense be be all star calibre.

Him and KP would have been great together smh. Now have to hold out hope for a Zion/Mitch combination.

Mitch/Zion/Durant/Kyrie combination

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Mitch vs. KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy