Knicks tried to trade KP for Fox at the draft
Author Thread
knicks180nyc
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8733

3/28/2019  9:27 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:So ppl can now drop the narrative "This is the best offer Knicks has ever had!" Fox alone is better than everything from the deal of Mav, combined. So...Kings refused because Knicks wanted more. It could be okay if it was just Fox.

And....again we can discard that KP forced the management to trade him. The front office always wanted him to go away. So...it is the beauty of firing Phil Jackson. Steve Mills is making Knicks better and better.

Now it is 14-60. Who would have thought that only a few years another team would take the crown of "the worst Knicks team in history"?

The Kings didn’t offer Fox to the Knicks. The Kings didn’t make an offer the Knicks did and it was turned down. In regards to the Knicks shopping KP, the relationship between KP and the Knicks was never the same after the Phil fiasco. KP didn’t want to be a Knick. Management wanted to move bad contracts, get cap space and a young, potential star player on a rookie scale contract. If that deal was out there with another team I haven’t seen or heard of it.

I believe it had more to do with Mills the direction of the team, because his brother stated before the missed EXIT meeting, they were not interested in signing the rookie extension until the know for sure the team was on the up and up. Winning is all KP said he wanted to do, he said that from his very first training camp on media day.

But the real question is, why would the kings trade FOX for KP?

how would anybody know the direction of the franchise if the franchise player isn't on the court? part of the reason the knicks went into tank mode was because he wasn't going to be on the court. i won't ever get upset at players getting hurt, but how is he or his brother going to dictate to a franchise what they want when the player hasn't shown he can lead for a full season?

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/28/2019  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2019  10:53 AM
So the Knicks were going to trade him during a time when he was just coming off an injury where he had just made the all star team. Really classy.

I’m sure at some point it became painfully obvious to KP the Knicks were looking beyond him, especially with new management.

If NY were gonna trade KP we should have done it when Phil was thinking of pulling the move. Would have had two Lauri and Devin Booker. Shame. Phil would have drafted Frank. Not do the Melo/OKC trade, probably a really bad lottery season after waiving Melo and no KP. Draft Doncic or Bagley. End up with perhaps Lauri, Doncic, Booker, Frank. Don’t know think that was the way better time to trade KP then when he is injured.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/28/2019  10:55 AM
knicks180nyc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:So ppl can now drop the narrative "This is the best offer Knicks has ever had!" Fox alone is better than everything from the deal of Mav, combined. So...Kings refused because Knicks wanted more. It could be okay if it was just Fox.

And....again we can discard that KP forced the management to trade him. The front office always wanted him to go away. So...it is the beauty of firing Phil Jackson. Steve Mills is making Knicks better and better.

Now it is 14-60. Who would have thought that only a few years another team would take the crown of "the worst Knicks team in history"?

The Kings didn’t offer Fox to the Knicks. The Kings didn’t make an offer the Knicks did and it was turned down. In regards to the Knicks shopping KP, the relationship between KP and the Knicks was never the same after the Phil fiasco. KP didn’t want to be a Knick. Management wanted to move bad contracts, get cap space and a young, potential star player on a rookie scale contract. If that deal was out there with another team I haven’t seen or heard of it.

I believe it had more to do with Mills the direction of the team, because his brother stated before the missed EXIT meeting, they were not interested in signing the rookie extension until the know for sure the team was on the up and up. Winning is all KP said he wanted to do, he said that from his very first training camp on media day.

how would anybody know the direction of the franchise if the franchise player isn't on the court? part of the reason the knicks went into tank mode was because he wasn't going to be on the court. i won't ever get upset at players getting hurt, but how is he or his brother going to dictate to a franchise what they want when the player hasn't shown he can lead for a full season?

Oh I absolutely agree with you, I wasn't for resigning him until he showed he was 100% healthy for more than a month. I also never looked at KP as A FRANCHISE PLAYER, just an all star

But I understand that he was sick of the franchise and their losing culture..I mean the team has been in tank mode every yr he's been here, and of the 16 players that was on the roster (3 1/2 yrs ago) during his rookie season, only one player remains(lance Thomas).

It's been a revolving door for knicks players and coaches for the last 4 or 5 yrs and then you bring in a new coach, who is by far the worst of the bunch..and another reset of the entire roster AGAIN..

So lets not keep bashing KP like he wanted off a championship caliber team, when this is still one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2019  11:34 AM
Snap shot at draft night. Fox did not have an incredible rookie season and KP's diagnosis was very solid.
Sac takes Doncic and pairs with KP. Interesting coincidence?
For many reasons now in hindsight Phil was correct to draft him at the 4, have his doubts (not likely the only one who thought it, but was an douche for being public), and then when Spurned trade him.
Nalod thought KP's immediate reality show of his injury was a bit much. In his video's he frequently did not wear Knicks work out clothes and while his exile to spain seemed innocent enough it was telling.
As for him and Fiz, or fiz not liking euro's that is still up in the air. Marc Gasol is on record saying fiz made him a better player. Fiz admits to handling it bad. Then again stick a mike in an NBA player or coach you get nice fuzzy warm quotes.
As said, Fox was a not so great rookie and KP an Allstar with good diagnosis and the trade details no known as to what more knicks wanted if anything. Hate will color your opinion. Perry was with SAC when they drafted him so he likely thought the world of him. KP might just have hated every thing NY. If knicks did not kiss his ass enough perhaps we might want applaud that instead of blasting them as they for years deserved such scorn by the fan.

As a side note Lauri Markkenenenenenenen is shelved for the season with elevated heart rate and fatigue until they figure it out. They say its not a big deal. Again, NBA voice typical downplays most things. Will have to wait on this. Brandon Ingram out with "No big deal blood clots". Says because its lower extremities and not upper. Michael Porter never saw a minute of play. Knicks not the only team with issues.

Long history of lottery players having issues. Bobby Hurley and Jason Williams. Car/motocycle accidents. Tragic Celtics of Reggie Lewis and Superstar potential Len Bias deaths. Knicks draft histories are limited because we traded so many of them. Len Bias might have been better than Jordan. He had that kind of talent.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2019  11:43 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:So the Knicks were going to trade him during a time when he was just coming off an injury where he had just made the all star team. Really classy.

I’m sure at some point it became painfully obvious to KP the Knicks were looking beyond him, especially with new management.

If NY were gonna trade KP we should have done it when Phil was thinking of pulling the move. Would have had two Lauri and Devin Booker. Shame. Phil would have drafted Frank. Not do the Melo/OKC trade, probably a really bad lottery season after waiving Melo and no KP. Draft Doncic or Bagley. End up with perhaps Lauri, Doncic, Booker, Frank. Don’t know think that was the way better time to trade KP then when he is injured.

Why would you ever hold a FO to that standard? They are doing EXACTLY what they should be doing in that situation and they should be doing it all the time for every single player on the team. We don't have a Dirk-like player on the team.

I mean, do you think Boston should have NOT looked for a trade partner for IT?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

3/28/2019  5:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
knicks180nyc wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Oh I absolutely agree with you, I wasn't for resigning him until he showed he was 100% healthy for more than a month. I also never looked at KP as A FRANCHISE PLAYER, just an all star

But I understand that he was sick of the franchise and their losing culture..I mean the team has been in tank mode every yr he's been here, and of the 16 players that was on the roster (3 1/2 yrs ago) during his rookie season, only one player remains(lance Thomas).

It's been a revolving door for knicks players and coaches for the last 4 or 5 yrs and then you bring in a new coach, who is by far the worst of the bunch..and another reset of the entire roster AGAIN..

So lets not keep bashing KP like he wanted off a championship caliber team, when this is still one of the most dysfunctional franchises in all of sports

KP looked at himself as a franchise player, and I think him and his brother were upset he was treated like a guy who was auditioning for a spot in the future. they wanted to run the franchise, and i think once they realized perry and mills weren't going to cave in to whatever they wanted they wanted out.

Sure the knicks haven't been the image of stability, but kp contributed to that because he couldn't get over the idea the knicks had doubts him long term.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/29/2019  5:13 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:So the Knicks were going to trade him during a time when he was just coming off an injury where he had just made the all star team. Really classy.

Yep i wanted to trade him and start tanking then. Instead we waited till the odds changed and ended up trading him anyway. This franchise just sux.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/29/2019  8:56 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Yep i wanted to trade him and start tanking then. Instead we waited till the odds changed and ended up trading him anyway. This franchise just sux.

Sales man FIZ came back and sold us the IDEA that everything was kumbaya between KP and the FO.

But once perry told reporters to ask KP how he feels about it(contract extension and the direction of the team), that's all i needed to here to confirm sht wasn't right..his body language(perry)and eyes said it all..

ES
MS
Member: #724
3/29/2019  9:11 AM
Can you really trust the Knicks?

Take a look at how Dolan has been acting the last month? What figure head behaves like this publically. What GM uses his buddy to write articles to undermine the teams star player and try to destroy his reputation and value?

If you’re KP, let’s recognize as fans the Knicks are one of the worst run organizations in sports. You’re injured you want to see a little direction.

This trade was a little weak. I would have rolled the dice. Mavs were taking Hardaway for Matthews as reported and I’m sure you could have got someone to take Frank and Lee to clear space. DSJ is huge injury risk. Those two pics, let’s see what they yield.

Would have been interesting to go out with Mitch, KP and Durant. Defensively that would have been special. But, let’s see what happens. We have four young guards and we might still need to draft Morant with the second pick.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/29/2019  10:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:May have been reported before this but it is in Lowe’s column. I can’t link the column because the ESPN app keeps opening up. From Twitter:

Not too surprised. Fox was Perry's guy. But, if true, this signals the front office was desperate to get rid of KP earlier then we thought. Is this the reason KP wanted out of NY, or was he closed off to the new front office way before this?

Also, the front office is obviously not expecting Frank to play the point.

Which makes me curious as to why SGA wasn't more of a target at the draft.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/29/2019  11:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:May have been reported before this but it is in Lowe’s column. I can’t link the column because the ESPN app keeps opening up. From Twitter:

Not too surprised. Fox was Perry's guy. But, if true, this signals the front office was desperate to get rid of KP earlier then we thought. Is this the reason KP wanted out of NY, or was he closed off to the new front office way before this?

Also, the front office is obviously not expecting Frank to play the point.

Which makes me curious as to why SGA wasn't more of a target at the draft.

Did they work him out? I remember Sam Vecenie prior to last year’s draft saying that he thought Frank was the better player.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicks tried to trade KP for Fox at the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy