[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks tried to trade KP for Fox at the draft
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/26/2019  1:28 PM
May have been reported before this but it is in Lowe’s column. I can’t link the column because the ESPN app keeps opening up. From Twitter:
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2019  1:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:May have been reported before this but it is in Lowe’s column. I can’t link the column because the ESPN app keeps opening up. From Twitter:

Not too surprised. Fox was Perry's guy. But, if true, this signals the front office was desperate to get rid of KP earlier then we thought. Is this the reason KP wanted out of NY, or was he closed off to the new front office way before this?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/26/2019  2:05 PM
KP is a secret douchebag. He had to go he is going to rip Dallas apart. They have no clue what WTF they traded for.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/26/2019  2:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2019  2:38 PM
Vmart wrote:KP is a secret douchebag. He had to go he is going to rip Dallas apart. They have no clue what WTF they traded for.

why do you think this..

I don't blame KP one bit for wanting out of this toxic environment..Your president and general manger just put together the worst group of players and coach that this franchise has ever witness. 90% of players who have played for the knicks have lost value doing so.

Why would the kings even consider (injury prone )KP and they have Bagley and Willy Stein, why would the Hawks consider Frank when they have TREY..then our FO blew off the suns and magic when both approach the knicks about frank

Your FO has acquired 3 PG's since drafting frank..burke, mudiay, DSJ, not even counting the g leaguer's..Nobody in the NBA is making dumb ass moves like that...

You guys are always quick to blame the player (especially veterans) because they can't accept losing like these rookies

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/26/2019  2:46 PM
this got sent to me today... this was old news though. It came out that the Knicks went after Fox because of Perry's ties to him and Kings shot it down. People were using this as part of the rationale for liking what we got for KP
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
3/26/2019  2:50 PM
On reading this report my respect has gone up for the FO. Remember, this is before Fox showed drastic improvement this year and would have been an awesome trade for us.

There's nothing wrong with getting 3 point guards on the roster since they are all mediocre and we're still looking for good options. It's basically a tryout and if the FO is as good as I think it is, we won't be spending too much money on any players unless they are actually good. If we let Mudiay walk for nothing then I'll be very happy.

Rose is not the answer.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
3/26/2019  2:50 PM
I think KP is somewhat entitled and also may have a point about our dysfunction. We assumed that since he's a ballplayer he would just go with the flow and get paid the max. Time will tell if he was more right about our FO or if he's just a diva, but I suspect we'll find that there's truth and blame on both sides. I'm basing this opinion on his actions/behaviors which reflect him (eg skipping exit meeting), as well as our front office's lenghty history with chaos and poor management...
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2019  2:54 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:this got sent to me today... this was old news though. It came out that the Knicks went after Fox because of Perry's ties to him and Kings shot it down. People were using this as part of the rationale for liking what we got for KP

Yeah, but I didn't realize when the discussion were had. I assumed these talks started sometime around December. If we were shopping KP last draft, then things never really changed. In hindsight, Phil was in the ball more than we realized. At least in this one case.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/26/2019  3:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2019  3:30 PM
Vmart wrote:KP is a secret douchebag.

I don't consider it a secret.

knicks1248
3/26/2019  3:33 PM
jskinny35 wrote:I think KP is somewhat entitled and also may have a point about our dysfunction. We assumed that since he's a ballplayer he would just go with the flow and get paid the max. Time will tell if he was more right about our FO or if he's just a diva, but I suspect we'll find that there's truth and blame on both sides. I'm basing this opinion on his actions/behaviors which reflect him (eg skipping exit meeting), as well as our front office's lenghty history with chaos and poor management...

bingo..

ES
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/26/2019  4:00 PM
Fuck KP. Stay woke douchebag!
CrushAlot
USA
3/26/2019  4:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:May have been reported before this but it is in Lowe’s column. I can’t link the column because the ESPN app keeps opening up. From Twitter:

Not too surprised. Fox was Perry's guy. But, if true, this signals the front office was desperate to get rid of KP earlier then we thought. Is this the reason KP wanted out of NY, or was he closed off to the new front office way before this?

Also, the front office is obviously not expecting Frank to play the point.
mlby1215
Member: #6486

3/26/2019  7:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2019  8:02 PM
So ppl can now drop the narrative "This is the best offer Knicks has ever had!" Fox alone is better than everything from the deal of Mav, combined. So...Kings refused because Knicks wanted more. It could be okay if it was just Fox.

And....again we can discard that KP forced the management to trade him. The front office always wanted him to go away. So...it is the beauty of firing Phil Jackson. Steve Mills is making Knicks better and better.

Now it is 14-60. Who would have thought that only a few years another team would take the crown of "the worst Knicks team in history"?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/26/2019  8:25 PM
mlby1215 wrote:So ppl can now drop the narrative "This is the best offer Knicks has ever had!" Fox alone is better than everything from the deal of Mav, combined. So...Kings refused because Knicks wanted more. It could be okay if it was just Fox.

And....again we can discard that KP forced the management to trade him. The front office always wanted him to go away. So...it is the beauty of firing Phil Jackson. Steve Mills is making Knicks better and better.

Now it is 14-60. Who would have thought that only a few years another team would take the crown of "the worst Knicks team in history"?

I will take worst team with max flexibility over mediocre hopeless mess Knicks were for 20 years any day.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/26/2019  8:52 PM
If KP did not blow out his knee...Fox is our starting point this yr
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
3/26/2019  11:24 PM
arkrud wrote:I will take worst team with max flexibility over mediocre hopeless mess Knicks were for 20 years any day.

Yes!!! Who cares what the Knicks record is this year? The record is irrelevant until we can win a championship.

Rose is not the answer.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/27/2019  9:28 PM
Honestly, KP blew it for himself (and the Knicks) by blowing out his knee. I suppose technically we can thank Giannis for that with that subtle contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sce--mR0kA

Messed up KP's career arc and messed up his trade value.

Those effin' Bucks. They did this to Ewing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvE7wevwf1I

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/27/2019  11:16 PM
knickstorrents wrote:
arkrud wrote:I will take worst team with max flexibility over mediocre hopeless mess Knicks were for 20 years any day.
Yes!!! Who cares what the Knicks record is this year? The record is irrelevant until we can win a championship.

I'll settle for Eastern Conference finals!

CrushAlot
USA
3/28/2019  12:09 AM
mlby1215 wrote:So ppl can now drop the narrative "This is the best offer Knicks has ever had!" Fox alone is better than everything from the deal of Mav, combined. So...Kings refused because Knicks wanted more. It could be okay if it was just Fox.

The Kings didn’t offer Fox to the Knicks. The Kings didn’t make an offer the Knicks did and it was turned down. In regards to the Knicks shopping KP, the relationship between KP and the Knicks was never the same after the Phil fiasco. KP didn’t want to be a Knick. Management wanted to move bad contracts, get cap space and a young, potential star player on a rookie scale contract. If that deal was out there with another team I haven’t seen or heard of it.
knicks1248
3/28/2019  8:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

The Kings didn’t offer Fox to the Knicks. The Kings didn’t make an offer the Knicks did and it was turned down. In regards to the Knicks shopping KP, the relationship between KP and the Knicks was never the same after the Phil fiasco. KP didn’t want to be a Knick. Management wanted to move bad contracts, get cap space and a young, potential star player on a rookie scale contract. If that deal was out there with another team I haven’t seen or heard of it.

I believe it had more to do with Mills the direction of the team, because his brother stated before the missed EXIT meeting, they were not interested in signing the rookie extension until the know for sure the team was on the up and up. Winning is all KP said he wanted to do, he said that from his very first training camp on media day.

But the real question is, why would the kings trade FOX for KP?

ES
Knicks tried to trade KP for Fox at the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy