[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anybody here preferring to stick with young guys if Ja turns out to be our pick?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/27/2019  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/27/2019  12:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:I’m starting to get the feeling that we won’t sign anybody. Not because we don’t want to, but because none of our real options will represent an improvement good enough to tie yourself to a long contract. Durant is probably not coming and Irving isn’t coming alone. Leonard is probably going to the Clippers.

If that actually happens, I just hope we do get one of the first three picks so we can continue a slow rebuilding with Zion/Ja/Barret leading the pack.

You see what you still don't realize is we are not rebuilding. Rebuilding would require a young core that's improving every game, but what we have is a young core that is not getting better, and in some cases getting worse.

In 4 yrs we have had KP, Willy, Kuz, Grant, frank, thj, dotson, trier, mitch, langston galloway, knox, they should have all been on the knicks, and we should be on the Denver Nuggets level..thats development and building something.

But we lose so much and so often, that our young guys look lost, coaches get fired, presidents get fired, looker rooms get divided, no leadership, no accountability, and a owner who bans fans for asking him to retire and sell the team..

The culture is just as bad as it's ever been...probably as bad as the larry brown yrs

Larry Brown was here for one year.
One.
Anucha Brown Sanders was Fired in January of 2006.
Larry Brown was fired in June of 2006.
In this environment Team President Isiah Thomas as harassing Sanders prior to her firing.
In this environment the knicks won 23 games. We had Eddy curry on the roster and thus we had in that moment:

A turmoil at the top
Losing on the court
A salary cap that was 40% more than the next team (look it up)
had traded picks for Curry.

When a dog poops in the house some dog owners grab the dog and put their noses in the poop. WHen Brown was fired, and paid 18mm for his ONE YEAR, Dolan made Team President Isiah Thomas head coach.
Besides that, this is what Isiah was going thru:

Several days after her firing in January 2006, Browne Sanders filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against New York Knicks general manager Isiah Thomas and Madison Square Garden (the corporation which owns the Knicks and several other New York sports franchises). The suit claimed that Thomas sexually harassed her, starting with his hiring by the Knicks in December 2003. It further claimed that her firing was in retaliation for her complaints about the alleged harassment. The lawsuit alleged that after Browne Sanders' lawyer told Madison Square Garden of her complaint, Madison Square Garden forced her out of work while it investigated the situation. At the conclusion of the investigation, Madison Square Garden fired Browne Sanders, allegedly because of "an inability to fulfill professional responsibilities."

The lawsuit sought unspecified damages, and reinstatement to her former position with the Knicks.

In August 2006, the lawsuit was expanded to include Knicks and Cablevision owner James Dolan as a defendant.

On October 2, 2007, the jury returned a verdict finding Thomas and Madison Square Garden liable for sexual harassment. The jury also levied $11.6 million in punitive damages against MSG, but not Thomas. The defendants indicated that they would appeal the verdict.[9] However, on December 10, 2007, the Knicks announced that the lawsuit had been settled for an unspecified amount,[10] later revealed to be $11.5 million.

[11]

Besides your rant leaving out any possible positive development of any knick player by any measure or the lack of any turmoil in the locker room, the swift expulsion of KP, and that cap space/7 first round picks in 5 years and you compare the toxic environment of "The larry brown years" to this past season?

Do you even question why you don't get respected by some here?
Again, I defer to my signature:

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

3/27/2019  6:26 PM
Nalod wrote:I believe the young guys will get pulled up by the vets. I think there would be some trade in some form to round out and balance the roster. Win now with "stars" and develop yoot for on floor performance and salary cap management and for trade. A long run would have both.
I wish I could roadmap a plan to support the above.

This is the most complex puzzle of all.

There are at least two general roadmaps we can talk about until some "shoes" begin to drop.

One roadmap signals signing one or two (presumably) MAX-ish players. Inevitably this becomes the "win-immediately" track. For grins, let's be optimistic. We sign Durant or Kawhi and either outbid someone for a decent restricted FA OR do a sign and trade for one. There's plenty of over-priced talent who've worn out their welcome on the market.

Adding two top tier talents gets us to the playoffs in year one. The question will be whether or not pragmatism will temper over-enthusiasm and unrealistic expectations. If pragmatism prevails, we hang onto as many of the promising youth we've got and roll with them. If not, a small handful of these guys stick and the FO pads the roster with hungry vets.

A second roadmap might take a longer view and assume next year will be competitive but not a deep playoff run - "win-soon". Assuming the first year of a rebuilt roster won't make a deep playoff run is an opportunity to hold onto more of the youth and redesign the roster over a longer period of time that just a summer big-bang spending spree. Personally, I'm hoping the Knicks FO is prudent enough to not just lock themselves into yet another roster of players whose contracts become albatrosses before any payoff is realized.

Anybody here preferring to stick with young guys if Ja turns out to be our pick?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy