[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Assessing Mitch
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

4/5/2019  8:52 PM
Chandler wrote:
heard a lot of comparisons to Capela but think Mitch has more upside. He's improved on so many things so quickly

And concerning Knox, he gets a pass from me. jumping to 80 game season is tough and rightly or wrongly I don't believe he's getting much coaching, just minutes. I just hope we don't ruin him before he gets coached up

He should be untouchable I would not trade him. I ill be furious i he goes in a package for Davis
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
4/8/2019  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2019  10:48 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Chandler wrote:
heard a lot of comparisons to Capela but think Mitch has more upside. He's improved on so many things so quickly

And concerning Knox, he gets a pass from me. jumping to 80 game season is tough and rightly or wrongly I don't believe he's getting much coaching, just minutes. I just hope we don't ruin him before he gets coached up

He should be untouchable I would not trade him. I ill be furious i he goes in a package for Davis

Agreed. I would trade Mitch for Davis straight up but I would not give up much more. Maybe one future first round pick. But I would not give this years pick and Mitch, especially if we get Zion, Morant, or Barrett. Honestly, if we get a Zion or Morant, I would really be hesitate about trading for Davis. We can always wait a year and probably get Davis for free. He has already said he is not signing an extension.

And before any says Davis is way better than Mitch, the issue is Mitch is signed for three more years for cheap. Davis is going to be a free agent in 2020, so we run the risk he does not resign and we have to pay him $30 mill a year. With that situation, I am not giving up all our assets to get Davis. We would be making the same mistake we make with Anthony.

Trust the Process
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
4/8/2019  11:31 AM
Recent articles have Mitch being compared to a young Dwight Howard. He has the athleticism, build, and shot blocking instincts. He can defend and block shots on the perimeter like no other center.

It seems like he has improved as a rebounder since Jordan joined the team. He still fouls a bit, perhaps at a lower rate than early on.

Yeah Davis is a better all around player now, and perhaps will always be. But Mitch has potential to exceed Davis in some areas - he’s already superior shot blocker and finisher than Davis. The best part about him is that he’s a contract bargain for the Knicks which allows them a 3 year spending window for a cast around him while he’s paid like a bit player.

A really, really super pick up and signing by the team.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/8/2019  12:51 PM
his FT% and form have improved a lot

he has very quick feet and quick bounce. He has continued to improve whereas Trier has been very inconsistent after a smoking hot start

we must keep him

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2019  2:45 PM
I like how knicks handled him this year.
No two players the same. Throw Knox into the fire and let him play thru it.
Mitch got held back and learned first to play within his capacity.
That he sat out a year and assimilated as he has is the single most incredible thing.
This gives me huge hope. can he shoot the ball? We'll find out!!
technomaster
USA
4/8/2019  6:34 PM

From May 2018... Robinson can shoot.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/8/2019  10:22 PM
I hope he takes a 3 in the last game of the season
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
4/9/2019  8:09 AM
That video shows me nothing.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/9/2019  10:37 AM
Nalod wrote:That video shows me nothing.

finally we can agree on something

ES
technomaster
USA
4/9/2019  10:39 AM
Well, again... Here's a clip from a year ago - in the workout he makes 4 3's in the row. He gets a lazy pass back from the rebounder on the 3rd one, has to step and gather himself and he still makes the shot. Whatever the case may be, it shows that he at least has a good "feel" for shooting from the outside. (I've set it to start at the 1:25 - the video also shows him doing some impressive "Frank Ntilikina-style" dribbling drills.)

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22617189&t=01m25s

Like with many of these gym rats, the Knick coaches need to get him to see the floor a bit like a perimeter player and get him some exposure to playmaking. Robinson averages only 1.0apg/36. That's the absolute worst in the league. https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_per_minute.html (Knox is 17th worst in the league at 1.4apg)

In my opinion, this might be the area he needs to work on more than his perimeter shooting.

We generally harp on Knox's inability to pass for assists, but as a group, our young players are particularly weak in this respect. The group of Robinson, Knox, Dotson, and Trier average 5.4apg across 99mpg. That's a blended average of 1.96apg per 36. You'd ideally want Dotson and Trier close to 3.0. Robinson does get a pass for now since if he touches the ball his job is to finish.

Nalod
USA
4/9/2019  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2019  11:50 AM
Tech, don't get me wrong, I love the kid! Totally love the way the team bought him along slowly and think he can be fantastic. Just because he has not taken the shots does not mean its not there.
Im not even asking for 3pters, just mid range to open up the paint and be respected.
After his early ankle sprain he has come along great.
Staying healthy is key too! And the kid hung in there for a strong last 3rd of the season!

Im not sure I'd advocate for him to start next season. I'm sold on his LONG TERM potential!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2019  4:07 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

4/9/2019  4:38 PM
technomaster wrote:Well, again... Here's a clip from a year ago - in the workout he makes 4 3's in the row. He gets a lazy pass back from the rebounder on the 3rd one, has to step and gather himself and he still makes the shot. Whatever the case may be, it shows that he at least has a good "feel" for shooting from the outside. (I've set it to start at the 1:25 - the video also shows him doing some impressive "Frank Ntilikina-style" dribbling drills.)

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22617189&t=01m25s

Like with many of these gym rats, the Knick coaches need to get him to see the floor a bit like a perimeter player and get him some exposure to playmaking. Robinson averages only 1.0apg/36. That's the absolute worst in the league. https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_per_minute.html (Knox is 17th worst in the league at 1.4apg)

In my opinion, this might be the area he needs to work on more than his perimeter shooting.

We generally harp on Knox's inability to pass for assists, but as a group, our young players are particularly weak in this respect. The group of Robinson, Knox, Dotson, and Trier average 5.4apg across 99mpg. That's a blended average of 1.96apg per 36. You'd ideally want Dotson and Trier close to 3.0. Robinson does get a pass for now since if he touches the ball his job is to finish.

Good stuff. Knox is definitely getting better at his takes to the rim. More changes in direction, faster decision making. No way Knox was going to get there at 18, without a whole lot of trial and error. Perfect season for that.

Encouraging article about the plans for Knox this summer from the front page.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/expect-a-very-different-kevin-knox-in-sophomore-knicks-campaign/

GustavBahler

4/9/2019  5:38 PM
Do hope Jordan sticks around. As surprised as anyone at the sudden display of passing ability. If they want Mitch to improve his passing, looks like Jordan can help him get there.

To Technomaster's other point, about shooting, Dont mind Mitch working on his footwork, timing, reading the floor. Before making shooting a focus. Helped get him off to such a hot start.

Fizdale kept it simple, which was a good idea judging by the way Mitch and Knox are playing to close out the season. This summer they can work on whatever Fizdale wants next.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/9/2019  5:54 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Do hope Jordan sticks around. As surprised as anyone at the sudden display of passing ability. If they want Mitch to improve his passing, looks like Jordan can help him get there.

To Technomaster's other point, about shooting, Dont mind Mitch working on his footwork, timing, reading the floor. Before making shooting a focus. Helped get him off to such a hot start.

Fizdale kept it simple, which was a good idea judging by the way Mitch and Knox are playing to close out the season. This summer they can work on whatever Fizdale wants next.

I wouldn't get on MitchRob too much for his passing. His role on offense is to finish. He's not really a high usage guy. Not too surprised about Jordan. With Griff and Paul dominating the basketball, I don't believe think anyone on the Clips had a chance to show whether they could or couldn't facilitate. I agree that 3 point shooting is probably the last thing I want him to focus on. I've seen Joachim Noah hit threes in practice and airball free throws in games. Let's see what MitchRob's comfort level is in a couple of seasons.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

4/9/2019  6:38 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Do hope Jordan sticks around. As surprised as anyone at the sudden display of passing ability. If they want Mitch to improve his passing, looks like Jordan can help him get there.

I wouldn't get on MitchRob too much for his passing. His role on offense is to finish. He's not really a high usage guy. Not too surprised about Jordan. With Griff and Paul dominating the basketball, I don't believe think anyone on the Clips had a chance to show whether they could or couldn't facilitate. I agree that 3 point shooting is probably the last thing I want him to focus on. I've seen Joachim Noah hit threes in practice and airball free throws in games. Let's see what MitchRob's comfort level is in a couple of seasons.

IDK, the playoffs would have been a great time for Jordan to show that part of his game.. Maybe you're right about Jordan's motivation. Surprised we haven't seen more glimpses of his passing ability over a long career.

Glad Jordan picked the Knicks to pull that tool out of his toolbox, lol.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/9/2019  7:23 PM
martin wrote:
I love it! That was awesome
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/10/2019  3:30 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
I love it! That was awesome

Glad to see how he's become more comfortable with the media, didn't think he'd be doing this kind of stuff so soon.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/10/2019  3:37 AM
It's amazing how much he's changed from summer league, he looks a lot stronger, more coordinated, more confident, slower (in a good way- more poised and deliberate). Also looks like he's bulked up a bit:

Summer league:

February:

March:

He looks like a completely different player- amazing how quickly he's developed

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2019  9:43 AM
Mitch is a straight up phenom. The game is slowing for him. He's still learning so much. He's also quick enough to hang with smaller players on the outside
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Assessing Mitch

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy