[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/20/2019  8:28 AM
Chandler wrote:Crush you made a lot of legitimate criticisms about Phil. There is no denying that. There is also no denying that Phil at least knew how to win (as a coach and player) and seemed to be able to coax more out of players -- even the ones not fighting for survival -- again as a coach. It seemed reasonable to hire him. He had a plan and promise and an ego big enough (so it seemed) up for the challenge. It wasn't the plan at fault; it was the execution. (and to be fair many of the criticisms are a bit misplaced because he wasn't the GM, but fair enough, the buck should stop with him). Perry's claim to fame? kicked out at Orlando and Sacramento.

We can agree that Perry nailed the draft. And hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

However, if KP comes back and dominates in Dallas, Perry and Mills will live in infamy. They had a whole season to sell KP on a plan and a vision; they threw Phil under the bus, in an effort to tell KP they're not Phil. Now it could be the case that KP and Janis were such utter a-holes that trading KP is another genius move. If so, great. As a fan I prefer that. However, if it ends up that KP was reasonably fed up with watching the endless losing, lack of vision and consistency, and having a coach who consistently speaks before he thinks, that trade may end up on par with Joe Barry Carrol in exchange for Parrish and McHale. Lord help him if he proves incapable of convincing top tier FA talent to join this dumpster fire.

Frank being traded on draft night to San Antonio or another team with a plan and that develops a player is another possible mark on Perry's and Mill's judgment.

Perry hired a head coach whose best known for alienating Gasol. Should we be surprised that Fizz repeated that with KP and Enes.

Then you have the Mudiay, Hezonja, Vonleh (who I like), and Ellenson signings. Like them or not, there is no upside for us. if we're successful in rejuvenating a guy's career we receive a much higher salary request as they enter FA. We get nothing for providing them with that opportunity and "development".

Perry quite possibly may end up being the worst GM we have ever had. We'll have to see. There's an adage that says it's darkest before the dawn. This season can't get over fast enough and I'm truly hoping that the darkest stuff is behind us

I have been saying this for a while now

Around here a Good GM/Prez is one that doesn't trade picks, never mind that they somehow put together the worst roster in franchise history, and everyday FIZ is reminding me of a CAR SALES MEN. He's good enough to convince someone that a FORD FOCUS has great RESALE value

With Zero accountability across the board, and even after almost 70 games, absolutely nothing has been establish with any of these players.

Perry already has the TITLE of the WORST GM this franchise ever saw, and FIZDALE has the TITLE of the worst coach this franchise has ever saw..Both are being manage by Mills, who's being Mange by Dolan who put it all together

ES
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/20/2019  9:42 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:Crush you made a lot of legitimate criticisms about Phil. There is no denying that. There is also no denying that Phil at least knew how to win (as a coach and player) and seemed to be able to coax more out of players -- even the ones not fighting for survival -- again as a coach. It seemed reasonable to hire him. He had a plan and promise and an ego big enough (so it seemed) up for the challenge. It wasn't the plan at fault; it was the execution. (and to be fair many of the criticisms are a bit misplaced because he wasn't the GM, but fair enough, the buck should stop with him). Perry's claim to fame? kicked out at Orlando and Sacramento.

We can agree that Perry nailed the draft. And hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

However, if KP comes back and dominates in Dallas, Perry and Mills will live in infamy. They had a whole season to sell KP on a plan and a vision; they threw Phil under the bus, in an effort to tell KP they're not Phil. Now it could be the case that KP and Janis were such utter a-holes that trading KP is another genius move. If so, great. As a fan I prefer that. However, if it ends up that KP was reasonably fed up with watching the endless losing, lack of vision and consistency, and having a coach who consistently speaks before he thinks, that trade may end up on par with Joe Barry Carrol in exchange for Parrish and McHale. Lord help him if he proves incapable of convincing top tier FA talent to join this dumpster fire.

Frank being traded on draft night to San Antonio or another team with a plan and that develops a player is another possible mark on Perry's and Mill's judgment.

Perry hired a head coach whose best known for alienating Gasol. Should we be surprised that Fizz repeated that with KP and Enes.

Then you have the Mudiay, Hezonja, Vonleh (who I like), and Ellenson signings. Like them or not, there is no upside for us. if we're successful in rejuvenating a guy's career we receive a much higher salary request as they enter FA. We get nothing for providing them with that opportunity and "development".

Perry quite possibly may end up being the worst GM we have ever had. We'll have to see. There's an adage that says it's darkest before the dawn. This season can't get over fast enough and I'm truly hoping that the darkest stuff is behind us

Around here a Good GM/Prez is one that doesn't trade picks, never mind that they somehow put together the worst roster in franchise history, and everyday FIZ is reminding me of a CAR SALES MEN. He's good enough to convince someone that a FORD FOCUS has great RESALE value

With Zero accountability across the board, and even after almost 70 games, absolutely nothing has been establish with any of these players.

Perry already has the TITLE of the WORST GM this franchise ever saw, and FIZDALE has the TITLE of the worst coach this franchise has ever saw..Both are being manage by Mills, who's being Mange by Dolan who put it all together

ugh dude, seriously, I guess I don't mind and can understand the frustration but your posts are just repetitive blather. Time to pick up your game.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
3/20/2019  9:59 AM
Uh the current FO is light years ahead of the Scott Layden years. It's not even CLOSE. I'm not even sure how Layden still has a job in the league.
Layden gave Allan Houston 100mm over 6 years, one of the worst contracts in NBA HISTORY
Traded for Howard Eisley, a mediocre guard just starting a 7 year 41 million dollar contract LOL AND Shandon Anderson who was just starting a 6 year 42 million dollar contract. Shandon was later waived for poor performance
Traded away Nene Hilario, Marcus Camby, and Mark Jackson for Antonio McDyess!!!!
Drafted such players as Mike Sweetney, and traded a large majority of the draft picks from the Ewing trade for crap.

So yea, Layden is definitely much worse. Scott Perry is a superstar in comparison.

Rose is not the answer.
knicks1248
3/20/2019  10:29 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Uh the current FO is light years ahead of the Scott Layden years. It's not even CLOSE. I'm not even sure how Layden still has a job in the league.
Layden gave Allan Houston 100mm over 6 years, one of the worst contracts in NBA HISTORY
Traded for Howard Eisley, a mediocre guard just starting a 7 year 41 million dollar contract LOL AND Shandon Anderson who was just starting a 6 year 42 million dollar contract. Shandon was later waived for poor performance
Traded away Nene Hilario, Marcus Camby, and Mark Jackson for Antonio McDyess!!!!
Drafted such players as Mike Sweetney, and traded a large majority of the draft picks from the Ewing trade for crap.

So yea, Layden is definitely much worse. Scott Perry is a superstar in comparison.

Layden over paid for Houston, Walsh over paid for Amare, Phil over paid for Noah, every GM/Prez makes a bad signing..it happens all the time,

Mills over paid for THJ, and while he didn't trade an actual pick, they did eventually trade their best pick in 4 decades (in KP) because of the losing culture they seem to be immune to.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/20/2019  11:18 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Nalod
USA
3/20/2019  11:29 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Uh the current FO is light years ahead of the Scott Layden years. It's not even CLOSE. I'm not even sure how Layden still has a job in the league.

RC Buford hired him to be his assistant in SAS.
Layden was fired after he had cleared cap, had draft picks and in turn had ammunition for Isiah to create the worst team to dollar ratio in the history of mankind. Layden didn't want to do the Marbury deal.
Layden was young and dolan was calling the shots. GM's don't give out owners money. Owners do the deals.
Executives are not players. They are cerebral are not prone to making the same mistakes over and over again. That's why he has a job. That's why the Best GM in the business hired him to be his assistant.
Nothing Layden did 20 years ago is even remotely related to Perry. Its not like there is a voodoo spell on the team. Only the residue from Phil carries over in the form of assets or deficits he has to navigate with.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/20/2019  6:25 PM
Just read an article in the Post (which I generally don't like) where Tim Sr. says he likes Fizz Mills and Perry. So while I'm pessimistic about them that message gives me some hope because i respect Tim St's knowledge. Fingers crossed he's right!
(5)(5)
knicks1248
3/21/2019  8:21 AM
Chandler wrote:Just read an article in the Post (which I generally don't like) where Tim Sr. says he likes Fizz Mills and Perry. So while I'm pessimistic about them that message gives me some hope because i respect Tim St's knowledge. Fingers crossed he's right!

Just because you have a cool personality and get along with everyone, doesn't mean your really good at your job. I'm sure we have all worked around cool incompetent people.

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/21/2019  9:52 AM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

ugh dude, seriously, I guess I don't mind and can understand the frustration but your posts are just repetitive blather. Time to pick up your game.

+1000

*sigh*

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/21/2019  10:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Chandler wrote:Just read an article in the Post (which I generally don't like) where Tim Sr. says he likes Fizz Mills and Perry. So while I'm pessimistic about them that message gives me some hope because i respect Tim St's knowledge. Fingers crossed he's right!

Just because you have a cool personality and get along with everyone, doesn't mean your really good at your job. I'm sure we have all worked around cool incompetent people.

Hardaway wasn't saying these guys are cool. Perhaps you may want to read the article.

In any event, though I am pessimistic about that crew, I will keep my fingers-crossed and hope Tim Sr. is right -- someone who was not a fan of the Knicks when he played and certainly has no reason to sugarcoat things now that his son was traded by them for the second time. Time will tell, and I think that means at least one more year

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
3/21/2019  3:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/8/2019  10:30 PM
Vmart wrote:
Chandler wrote:Q: Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?

Respone: let me know when you are fielding bets on that

The luxury afforded to Perry is beyond belief. I guarantee you if Phil did this people would be screaming their heads off and asking for his resignation. I guarantee you next year if the and when the Knicks strike out in FA. Everyone is going to ask for his head on a platter.

The pick Phil traded to move Outlaw and keep the LeBron stopper is the first pick in the second round this year. Are there anymore traumatic events coming in the future thanks to Phil? I think Frank, Lance and Dotson are the only holdovers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
4/8/2019  11:39 PM
It's too early to grade Perry, as this summer will give us an idea whether his plan is successful. At least it's a decent plan and he's set the table without giving away everything in advance (something Walsh had to do before 2010). The best part for me is that we have some options that don't keep us in a position of desperation or weakness - something we always seem to operate out of...

If we strike out this summer, at least we're not saddled with Howard Eisley-type contracts that won't allow us to do something in the future. We can go up to bat again next summer or seize a trade opportunity when they arise. Again, something we never could receive fair trade value for as we were always over the cap and/or had lousy assets which necessitated us to give up crazy 1st rounders. Just happy we're going about things differently then before.

Nalod
USA
4/9/2019  7:50 AM
jskinny35 wrote:It's too early to grade Perry, as this summer will give us an idea whether his plan is successful. At least it's a decent plan and he's set the table without giving away everything in advance (something Walsh had to do before 2010). The best part for me is that we have some options that don't keep us in a position of desperation or weakness - something we always seem to operate out of...

If we strike out this summer, at least we're not saddled with Howard Eisley-type contracts that won't allow us to do something in the future. We can go up to bat again next summer or seize a trade opportunity when they arise. Again, something we never could receive fair trade value for as we were always over the cap and/or had lousy assets which necessitated us to give up crazy 1st rounders. Just happy we're going about things differently then before.

Melo’s NTC and Joakim’s contract as about the worst sin of the Phil-Mills-Perry era. Hardaway being second and fact is the kid is an 18pt scorer on what has been the worst team in the NBA the last few seasons.
Melo was a problem Phil inherited and at the time of the NTC he was still playing up to Max money and was saying all the right things. At. Best Melo-Rose-Joakim was to be a bridge at worst is what happened.

My point is this franchise direction is not moving in any direction we have seen before. That can all change at a moment of Dolans bad synapse but even as fans we not talking about bad contracts and ignorance, we talking about progress or lack of with a very young group of players. IMagine that!
Not that our Win-loss record is anything to write home about but at least we own our picks!!!!

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
4/10/2019  2:16 PM

I would like anyone who made my boy rich beyond his dreams too.

CrushAlot
USA
5/4/2019  4:23 PM
https://www.atthehive.com/2019/5/2/18527141/charlotte-hornets-player-review-willy-hernangomez-backup-center
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/4/2019  5:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Chandler wrote:Q: Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?

Respone: let me know when you are fielding bets on that

The luxury afforded to Perry is beyond belief. I guarantee you if Phil did this people would be screaming their heads off and asking for his resignation. I guarantee you next year if the and when the Knicks strike out in FA. Everyone is going to ask for his head on a platter.

Phil didn’t have a coaching search, he interviewed two guys and hired a guy that was still playing. Phil let the league know he was done with Tyson, JR, Shump etc. and took pennies on the dollar in trades. Phil did not communicate with other league execs and did not have relationships with other execs. He had enemies. He couldn’t travel because of health unless it was to LA. Phil gave out two of the worst contracts in sports. Phil fell asleep in workouts. The Knicks reputation became so bad under Phil some guys would not workout for the Knicks. Phil got into a pissing contest with KP when KP reacted to the dysfunction under Phil and fired KP’s favorite coach, the guy that was supposed to spend the summer in Latvia with KP. That rift was never mended. Phil was the master of the accidental tank. Every year he thought he had built a playoff team and every year the Knicks were in the lottery. The team ranked in the bottom three for roster continuity and had 4 coaches during his three year tenure. All of that happened under Phil and he still got an extension. What dumb sh@t has Perry done that has come anywhere close to Phil’s incompetence as an executive?

Phil didn't need a coaching search. He knew what he wanted to do and had a short list of candidates, let's see Kerr, Walton,...
bums!, Bums I tell ya!

Phil inherited a ****show that included Raymond Felton involved in a gun charge with his significant other. I recall the forum claiming that Felton was unmovable [having nothing to do with Phil announcing anything to the league]. Chandler was disgruntled, played that way, and didn't give a sh@t who knew it. Phil took a flyer on a trade as good as he was going to get anywhere.

Shumpert [we learned AFTER HE WAS TRADED] held the opinion that NY fans and the organization were all racially biased against him [something I never sensed at all - there's a loud, persistant ahole faction of fans who just hate on somebody/anybody ALL the F'n TIME - not the same as racism, more like sociopathic].

JR was just about worthless at the time. Again, Phil did what he could do.

Phil drafted KP and was largely hailed as a visionary for doing so. Unfortunately, talent does not always guarantee character. KP, aka the Latvian Lothario, won a battle with Phil that any Knick fan with a brain should regret. KP should have been shipped out the door with Melo following close behind.

Phil drafted Frankie, a unicorn in the rough.

Phil could nod off because in the gym he had zero responsibility for anything. In an interview Baker was effusive about how much he learned from Phil. Melo wasn't smart enough to even talk to him.

And Melo's act, if anyone cares, had the shelf-life of rotten eggs.

So how do you compare the garbage can of characters Phil inherited with the assets Perry inherited?

IMO, Budenholzer remains the better coaching choice and he was there for the signing.

Phil pushed system basketball. Perry and Fiz can't spell system. Are we better off?

Phil's teams competed hard, this last year's team were unwatchable after a certain point in the season.

CrushAlot
USA
5/4/2019  8:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:https://www.atthehive.com/2019/5/2/18527141/charlotte-hornets-player-review-willy-hernangomez-backup-center

Bumped this because this article speculates Willy might not even be brought back on his very small contract. Perry was getting killed for trading Willy
O
Cartman718
Member: #1694

5/13/2019  12:51 PM

Perry the magician

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
5/13/2019  1:28 PM
I'm surprised this didn't get posted:

https://nypost.com/2019/05/02/knicks-using-playoffs-to-scout-soon-to-be-free-agent-targets/

I hope we get lucky- is it tomorrow? I can't imagine us trading Zion for AD.

But, I think our FO finally get's it. Scouting during the play offs - makes so much sense! We have the resources to pay for more scouts. You always see guys step up big - and those are the players you need.

And maybe we miss out on the big names - but are there small players (contract, visibility) that we should sign? Absolutely. I have faith in our FO.

Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy