[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2019  1:40 PM
Efrid Payton just hung his 4th consecutive triple double which puts him elite company. The only other four players since 1983-84 to record four-straight are Russell Westbrook, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and James Harden.

We don't know if this was a "Perry" guy when he was assistant GM in Orlando, but it was rumored he was interested in getting him last year. Maybe it was for Frank? Rumors. Rumors.

Efrid been injury prone and that's been a problem. But the consolation prize is the kid is in the company of HOF's in this category. So is Devon Booker. But that's another story.

NBA has a list of guys that sometimes need a few years of seasoning before they have an impact. Some are Assholes. Some are Total Pieces of Shyt. Some just need more time.
Time will tell our story.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/18/2019  1:51 PM
Nalod wrote:Efrid Payton just hung his 4th consecutive triple double which puts him elite company. The only other four players since 1983-84 to record four-straight are Russell Westbrook, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and James Harden.

We don't know if this was a "Perry" guy when he was assistant GM in Orlando, but it was rumored he was interested in getting him last year. Maybe it was for Frank? Rumors. Rumors.

Efrid been injury prone and that's been a problem. But the consolation prize is the kid is in the company of HOF's in this category. So is Devon Booker. But that's another story.

NBA has a list of guys that sometimes need a few years of seasoning before they have an impact. Some are Assholes. Some are Total Pieces of Shyt. Some just need more time.

Just looked at Payton's stats and they don't seem a lot different than what he's done in the past. I haven't followed this year, but he's always been a solid guard whose lack of volume and consistency at the three point line keeps him from being a big-time starter. Maybe the Pelicans are just the right spot? Remember when Trey Burke was going shot for shot with Kemba last year? Sometimes guys just get in a zone. The key is how consistency.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/18/2019  4:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:Efrid Payton just hung his 4th consecutive triple double which puts him elite company. The only other four players since 1983-84 to record four-straight are Russell Westbrook, Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and James Harden.

Just looked at Payton's stats and they don't seem a lot different than what he's done in the past. I haven't followed this year, but he's always been a solid guard whose lack of volume and consistency at the three point line keeps him from being a big-time starter. Maybe the Pelicans are just the right spot? Remember when Trey Burke was going shot for shot with Kemba last year? Sometimes guys just get in a zone. The key is how consistency.

Right,

In that same draft I can't believe we took Cleanthony Early @34 and Nikola Jokic got picked @ 41, and he was the perfect triangle big..we would have never needed Noah...

we could have had a front court of, Melo, KP, Nikola, then drafted Mitchell and still have cap space for a max player this yr

ES
Nalod
USA
3/18/2019  9:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Right,

In that same draft I can't believe we took Cleanthony Early @34 and Nikola Jokic got picked @ 41, and he was the perfect triangle big..we would have never needed Noah...

we could have had a front court of, Melo, KP, Nikola, then drafted Mitchell and still have cap space for a max player this yr

Brilliant hindsight arrogance!

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/18/2019  10:37 PM
Didn't we almost trade for him last year at the deadline but opted for Mudiay instead?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/19/2019  7:09 AM
But he didn't trade for Payton. He settled for Mudiay who sux. I didn't want Payton anyway. What kind of moron lets his hairstyle hurt his shooting.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/19/2019  7:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Right,

Your assumption is that players get developed here. NYK has never really developed their own player they are always given up on or traded away.

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

3/19/2019  8:20 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Right,

Uh, Melo is out of the league and done. KP is injured and gone. This pipe dream is more a nightmare.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
Nalod
USA
3/19/2019  8:21 AM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Right,

Your assumption is that players get developed here. NYK has never really developed their own player they are always given up on or traded away.

We hope the process is changing going forward.
subsequent trade to Denver is what changed his game.
I think statistically Mudiay has come a long way this season and if we had to make a decision now I’d say pass, but I’m not entirely at a loss for him.
Peyton had the talent and needed the health. Its just a few games but its an interesting stat that does not validate his career, just the potential.
We earned this bad record over many years.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/19/2019  11:08 AM
Q: Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?

Respone: let me know when you are fielding bets on that

(5)(5)
Vmart
USA
3/19/2019  12:58 PM
Chandler wrote:Q: Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?

The luxury afforded to Perry is beyond belief. I guarantee you if Phil did this people would be screaming their heads off and asking for his resignation. I guarantee you next year if the and when the Knicks strike out in FA. Everyone is going to ask for his head on a platter.

knicks1248
3/19/2019  4:00 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Right,

Dude i have said like a 100x that the knicks development is the joke of the league..never sending frank to the G league,or mitch or trier, yet they sent Dotson and he's clearly the most improve young player on the roster.

The overall improvement from our young players like frank, luke, KP, Willy, even THJ, has been terrible.

There's a reason you cant do a full rebuild in NY(especially through the draft) and some of you just don't get it..

ES
knicks1248
3/19/2019  4:08 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Right,

Uh, Melo is out of the league and done. KP is injured and gone. This pipe dream is more a nightmare.

well look at it like this, Melo stop caring when phil just couldn't shut his pie hole, that triangle whore

KP would have been gradually been brought along without the pressure of having to carry a crack head roster

Nikola, is just a great addition to any team, and is such a great passer, and his salary was 13 mill less than NOAH.

don't forget Aldridge was willing to come here as a PF, and no triangle.

every 90 days we go in a different direction, and it has nothing to do with perry

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/19/2019  4:15 PM
Vmart wrote:

The luxury afforded to Perry is beyond belief. I guarantee you if Phil did this people would be screaming their heads off and asking for his resignation. I guarantee you next year if the and when the Knicks strike out in FA. Everyone is going to ask for his head on a platter.

Phil didn’t have a coaching search, he interviewed two guys and hired a guy that was still playing. Phil let the league know he was done with Tyson, JR, Shump etc. and took pennies on the dollar in trades. Phil did not communicate with other league execs and did not have relationships with other execs. He had enemies. He couldn’t travel because of health unless it was to LA. Phil gave out two of the worst contracts in sports. Phil fell asleep in workouts. The Knicks reputation became so bad under Phil some guys would not workout for the Knicks. Phil got into a pissing contest with KP when KP reacted to the dysfunction under Phil and fired KP’s favorite coach, the guy that was supposed to spend the summer in Latvia with KP. That rift was never mended. Phil was the master of the accidental tank. Every year he thought he had built a playoff team and every year the Knicks were in the lottery. The team ranked in the bottom three for roster continuity and had 4 coaches during his three year tenure. All of that happened under Phil and he still got an extension. What dumb sh@t has Perry done that has come anywhere close to Phil’s incompetence as an executive?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
3/19/2019  4:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

Phil didn’t have a coaching search, he interviewed two guys and hired a guy that was still playing. Phil let the league know he was done with Tyson, JR, Shump etc. and took pennies on the dollar in trades. Phil did not communicate with other league execs and did not have relationships with other execs. He had enemies. He couldn’t travel because of health unless it was to LA. Phil gave out two of the worst contracts in sports. Phil fell asleep in workouts. The Knicks reputation became so bad under Phil some guys would not workout for the Knicks. Phil got into a pissing contest with KP when KP reacted to the dysfunction under Phil and fired KP’s favorite coach, the guy that was supposed to spend the summer in Latvia with KP. That rift was never mended. Phil was the master of the accidental tank. Every year he thought he had built a playoff team and every year the Knicks were in the lottery. The team ranked in the bottom three for roster continuity and had 4 coaches during his three year tenure. All of that happened under Phil and he still got an extension. What dumb sh@t has Perry done that has come anywhere close to Phil’s incompetence as an executive?

This is all hearsay just speculation. Someone painted a picture for you and you running with it. As for KP and dysfunction he and his brother brought that. Perry is enjoying a honeymoon phase. Unless he strikes gold he will go the way of other GMs. It’s NY one minute your on top of the mountain the next they’re pushing you down.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/19/2019  4:46 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:

This is all hearsay just speculation. Someone painted a picture for you and you running with it. As for KP and dysfunction he and his brother brought that. Perry is enjoying a honeymoon phase. Unless he strikes gold he will go the way of other GMs. It’s NY one minute your on top of the mountain the next they’re pushing you down.

I didn't just post about KP. Phil had a tremendous run of being incompetent at all aspects of his job. He was the first guy given autonomy, he was a Knick, a legendary coach and the fan base was behind him. As a fan, I am not sure that I can come up with another guy that disappointed me more.
I will ask again, what has Perry done that has come close to Phil's incompetence as an executive?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler

3/19/2019  6:07 PM
Crush you made a lot of legitimate criticisms about Phil. There is no denying that. There is also no denying that Phil at least knew how to win (as a coach and player) and seemed to be able to coax more out of players -- even the ones not fighting for survival -- again as a coach. It seemed reasonable to hire him. He had a plan and promise and an ego big enough (so it seemed) up for the challenge. It wasn't the plan at fault; it was the execution. (and to be fair many of the criticisms are a bit misplaced because he wasn't the GM, but fair enough, the buck should stop with him). Perry's claim to fame? kicked out at Orlando and Sacramento.

We can agree that Perry nailed the draft. And hopefully that is a sign of good things to come.

However, if KP comes back and dominates in Dallas, Perry and Mills will live in infamy. They had a whole season to sell KP on a plan and a vision; they threw Phil under the bus, in an effort to tell KP they're not Phil. Now it could be the case that KP and Janis were such utter a-holes that trading KP is another genius move. If so, great. As a fan I prefer that. However, if it ends up that KP was reasonably fed up with watching the endless losing, lack of vision and consistency, and having a coach who consistently speaks before he thinks, that trade may end up on par with Joe Barry Carrol in exchange for Parrish and McHale. Lord help him if he proves incapable of convincing top tier FA talent to join this dumpster fire.

Frank being traded on draft night to San Antonio or another team with a plan and that develops a player is another possible mark on Perry's and Mill's judgment.

Perry hired a head coach whose best known for alienating Gasol. Should we be surprised that Fizz repeated that with KP and Enes.

Then you have the Mudiay, Hezonja, Vonleh (who I like), and Ellenson signings. Like them or not, there is no upside for us. if we're successful in rejuvenating a guy's career we receive a much higher salary request as they enter FA. We get nothing for providing them with that opportunity and "development".

Perry quite possibly may end up being the worst GM we have ever had. We'll have to see. There's an adage that says it's darkest before the dawn. This season can't get over fast enough and I'm truly hoping that the darkest stuff is behind us

(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
3/19/2019  6:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2019  6:24 PM
Asked for his reaction to joining an exclusive quintet of players with five consecutive triple-doubles – a group that includes Westbrook, Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan – Payton somewhat downplayed the achievement, saying, “Personally, it hasn’t really sunk in yet. I’m just trying to hoop and play at a high level. It felt good to get a win tonight, honestly
-Efred

I get it. Some of you think this is like some "Perry's confirmed/Gotcha" thread where you have to tell me how bad knicks are.
They are.
Efred small sample is impressive.
So is Mitch's thing.
and Im rooting like hell for Frank to play well the last 10 games.
I root for his career, I root for the knicks, I root for our success!!!

Chandler

3/19/2019  7:15 PM
the vast majority of us are rooting for Knicks success, and Perry's too

citing a hot streak of E.Payton as evidence of Perry's acumen??? not so sure

what's next Hezonja's block?

(5)(5)
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/19/2019  11:41 PM
I root for the knicks, I root for our success!!
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Maybe Perry knows WTF he is doing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy