[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Did we trade for the wrong PG?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/19/2019  10:10 AM
Brunson reminds me of that Van Fleet/Cory joseph level of guard where he's never going to have huge numbers, but will always be a contributor on a winning team and his advanced metrics are going to say he's a really good player.
AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/20/2019  3:03 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:Big Brunson fan...Its a joke that he lasted into the 2nd round last year after winning player of the year and winning a championship. On draft night, I was hoping that we would acquire another 2nd round pick once I saw that he slipped out of the 1st round.

I agree that it's a ****ing joke that he lasted until the 2nd. Things like that give me hope I could be a GM one day. That said, brunson over DSJ? Seriously people? that would be like being "nah, we're good, we're building our team around Charlie Ward"

Brunson has real questions about his athleticism and size at the NBA level.

His ceiling is a backup point guard. ( Albeit a solid one)

DSJr's ceiling is as an All Star.

Winning the NCAA is nice, but its not something that translates to success in the NBA. Winning POTY also means something, or nothing, at the same time.

He's a smart player, a very fundamental one with real poise. The problem is you need a baseline athleticism to survive in the league and real questions about that emerged about him during the draft phase.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/20/2019  3:33 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Uptown wrote:Big Brunson fan...Its a joke that he lasted into the 2nd round last year after winning player of the year and winning a championship. On draft night, I was hoping that we would acquire another 2nd round pick once I saw that he slipped out of the 1st round.

I agree that it's a ****ing joke that he lasted until the 2nd. Things like that give me hope I could be a GM one day. That said, brunson over DSJ? Seriously people? that would be like being "nah, we're good, we're building our team around Charlie Ward"

Brunson has real questions about his athleticism and size at the NBA level.

His ceiling is a backup point guard. ( Albeit a solid one)

DSJr's ceiling is as an All Star.

Winning the NCAA is nice, but its not something that translates to success in the NBA. Winning POTY also means something, or nothing, at the same time.

He's a smart player, a very fundamental one with real poise. The problem is you need a baseline athleticism to survive in the league and real questions about that emerged about him during the draft phase.

Basically, he's a more refined version of his dad. Upside was always the question people had about Brunson last season. I think a lot of people had the feeling he'd be more prepared than most of his draft class. I wish you could screw his head onto DSJ's body, but you do what you can.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Did we trade for the wrong PG?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy