[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks Need to Sign and Keep Kadeem Allen
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/16/2019  12:27 PM
A real two way point guard. I think Allen answers the question about keeping Mudiay. Also, how is a point guard that is supposed to be limited on offense so much better than Frank?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2019  12:50 PM
I've been impressed with Kadeem and can't figure out why he hasn't gotten more looks from other teams. Maybe he just looks good on a bad Knicks team? But he seems competent in the time with the team. With 2 of 3 healthy guys of DSJr, Mud, Frank I can see why he sticks to the GLeague.

He seems to be the best organizer of the offense of the 3 guys.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/16/2019  1:03 PM
martin wrote:I've been impressed with Kadeem and can't figure out why he hasn't gotten more looks from other teams. Maybe he just looks good on a bad Knicks team? But he seems competent in the time with the team. With 2 of 3 healthy guys of DSJr, Mud, Frank I can see why he sticks to the GLeague.

He seems to be the best organizer of the offense of the 3 guys.

and he plays defense...but...he was also 20 - 25 lbs heavier... this is probably why no one took a flier on him

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/16/2019  5:44 PM
Would be something, if out of the lotto picks Mudiay, Frank, Smith. A 2nd rounder in 2017 ended up being the Knicks pg of the future.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/16/2019  10:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:A real two way point guard. I think Allen answers the question about keeping Mudiay. Also, how is a point guard that is supposed to be limited on offense so much better than Frank?

Great fundamentals as a defender. Good instincts.

Boston had a bit of a roster crunch since they have so much talent and so much young talent. Big thing is his defense is solid and you just need him to get his shot going and a three point shot to be consistent.

Need to see how he adjusts and counter adjusts though to teams when they start to get a full scouting book on him.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/16/2019  11:42 PM
He's shown some flashes, but 1) He's already 26 and 2) this is a short sample size on a terrible team. I can go down the list of guys this board has hyped up only to see disappear into the abyss. Maybe he sticks? But no way am I saying this dude MUST be on the roster next season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/16/2019  11:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:A real two way point guard. I think Allen answers the question about keeping Mudiay. Also, how is a point guard that is supposed to be limited on offense so much better than Frank?

Boston had a bit of a roster crunch since they have so much talent and so much young talent. Big thing is his defense is solid and you just need him to get his shot going and a three point shot to be consistent.

Need to see how he adjusts and counter adjusts though to teams when they start to get a full scouting book on him.

Was he the guy we were hoping would be cut because of their roster situation? I think it was the he 2015 or 16 season the Knicks drafted Frank the year Kadeem was drafted.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat

3/17/2019  1:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Was he the guy we were hoping would be cut because of their roster situation? I think it was the he 2015 or 16 season the Knicks drafted Frank the year Kadeem was drafted.

In general, you will scout some guys harder because they played on the same lower level team as some prospect already on your roster ( In this case, Trier. Every time the Knicks had to look at Trier, they had to also, by extension, look at Allen)

Its a lot easier to take a good defender and help him try to get a three point shot, than to get a pure gunner and hope you can teach him fundamental ball and defense.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/17/2019  4:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/17/2019  4:11 AM
I agree. One of my best friends and biggest basketball fans I know is a big Celtics fan. He absolutely loves Allen, called him a 'Brad Stevens type of player' which I presumed it meant he's good. I have paid attention as a result. I think he's been consistent when given a chance. I think that might be the most important thing for a guy coming from Westchester
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
3/17/2019  11:38 AM
The thing is you can probably sign this guy on a two year deal for the minimum and then let Mudiay walk. If we draft Morant, then you trade either Frank or Smith and now we have a solid pg rotation for cheap. I would definitely resign this guy. We need to develop consistency at the pg spot.
Trust the Process
VCoug
Member: #1406

3/17/2019  10:28 PM
At a minimum, resigning Kadeem reduces the chance that we resign Mudiay so it would be worth it for that alone.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
TripleThreat

3/17/2019  11:06 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I agree. One of my best friends and biggest basketball fans I know is a big Celtics fan. He absolutely loves Allen, called him a 'Brad Stevens type of player' which I presumed it meant he's good.

People believe the best evaluation is Speed Versus Power

That's not true.

It's two prong for professional athletes.

Technique Versus Power

Then

Speed Versus Timing

You can overpower people at most of the lower levels of any sport if you are simply the superior athlete. However at a certain level, you need technique. At some range of leveling off of power, the superior technique will tend to prevail.

You can blow by people at most of the lower levels of any sport if you are simply the superior athlete. However at a certain level, you need the timing to get yourself in the right angles/space/situation/match up. At some leveling off of speed, the superior timing will tend to prevail.

Allen is interesting because he only has a certain number of tools ( there's a reason why he fell and was available.) but to his credit, he uses those tools pretty well.

Defensively he has excellent technique but his innate sense of timing is pretty damn good. It remains to be seen if it holds up to time/counter adjustment/ adjustments/ better scouting on him.

The perception on Allen is the defense is innate in so much as much of what he does well doesn't translate on the offensive end.

What he is doing well is controlling the pace of the offense, which is not easy for any PG to do, at any level. He's very fundamental though which is a nice change against many other players. But he is a little older so he should be a bit more polished.

Interesting guy, but in the offseason, it remains to be seen how the roster will crunch to see if he has a bigger role or not. It's only been a handful of games as well.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/19/2019  7:39 PM
I thought I read something where he lost like 20lbs this year finally getting into top shape
(5)(5)
The Knicks Need to Sign and Keep Kadeem Allen

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy