[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Call them stupid, but you can't call them cheap.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2019  2:12 PM
The discrepancy even from number 1 to number 2 is astonishing!
https://hoopshype.com/2018/11/16/how-many-times-has-each-nba-team-paid-the-luxury-tax/
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/16/2019  7:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2019  7:04 PM
Stupid is right to describe the Knicks. Giving max contract to deteriorating players H20, Amare, Melo. Making players rich beyond their skill level. Hardaway, Anderson and so many more. Can’t blame them to many stars really don’t want any part of NYC. It’s to tough a town quite frankly I would take a small market team where everyone is a homer the money the same and advertising dollars the same. Basically the Knicks have to throw money at players just to consider them even then it not a sure fire thing.
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

3/17/2019  11:53 AM
Vmart wrote:Stupid is right to describe the Knicks. Giving max contract to deteriorating players H20, Amare, Melo. Making players rich beyond their skill level. Hardaway, Anderson and so many more. Can’t blame them to many stars really don’t want any part of NYC. It’s to tough a town quite frankly I would take a small market team where everyone is a homer the money the same and advertising dollars the same. Basically the Knicks have to throw money at players just to consider them even then it not a sure fire thing.

Advertising is the same? No way Durant makes more money now on endorsements then he would make in NYC.i think you could double your endorsements money just by being the man for the media capitol of the world.

I never understood why players don’t look at the bigger picture other then there contract. For example kp is now in Dallas he’ll never get his own shoe out there and even if he dose how many people other then some Dallas fans and people from his home country. KP lost out on millions in endorsements just by getting traded to the small market of Dallas.

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/17/2019  7:59 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
Vmart wrote:Stupid is right to describe the Knicks. Giving max contract to deteriorating players H20, Amare, Melo. Making players rich beyond their skill level. Hardaway, Anderson and so many more. Can’t blame them to many stars really don’t want any part of NYC. It’s to tough a town quite frankly I would take a small market team where everyone is a homer the money the same and advertising dollars the same. Basically the Knicks have to throw money at players just to consider them even then it not a sure fire thing.

Advertising is the same? No way Durant makes more money now on endorsements then he would make in NYC.i think you could double your endorsements money just by being the man for the media capitol of the world.

I never understood why players don’t look at the bigger picture other then there contract. For example kp is now in Dallas he’ll never get his own shoe out there and even if he dose how many people other then some Dallas fans and people from his home country. KP lost out on millions in endorsements just by getting traded to the small market of Dallas.

Here's hoping that you're right, and that the snake has bitten himself

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/18/2019  10:05 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

I don’t recall Pat Ewing killing it with endorsements if anything David Robinson, Hakeem Barkley all were getting marketing dollars more than Ewing. Ewing didn’t even get a sneaker contract from the big marketing companies. I’m telling you guys think to highly of NYC it’s not all that. Melo was getting just as much in Marketing dollars in Denver as in NY.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2019  10:51 AM
Ewing was not exactly the most endearing man and thus his markeing opportunities were not vast.
David Robinson was articulate and played for NAVY. That Larry Johnson was "Grand-ma ma". Jordan owned it all.
Durant in OKC was killing it. Lebrone in Clev his first go around was massive.
Tim Duncan did a few things but its not his personality. not because he was in SAS.
NBA players become global stars on the court and based on their personality, not the city they play for.

Have we read any truth that a player got a bump being in a major market unless his contract was up?
My eyes see less Durant on commercials than when he was in OKC.

Call them stupid, but you can't call them cheap.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy