jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/14/2019  1:35 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:We should've traded him last year and drafted a rookie QB for a hard reset. Now that it's clear that we need to groom Eli's replacement asap, it doesn't make sense to keep O'Dell. You need a strong veteran QB to pair with OBJ.

Hard to agree that you can give up on such a home grown productive weapon. I guess I can understand why the Giants gave him such a big contract if they had questions 7 months ago. They figured that they would get more having him committed. But ****, the hard cap hit is tough. Still hard to lose such an electrifying player. Amd dont understand the mixed signings if they arr going to full rebuild. Would now make sense to release Eli and go full youngins. Will be a great year. Thought the football season would be a relief from the Knicks **** show. At least we jave Kyle. Btw. For those claiming he was a drama queen, agree, but cant think of many WR's, that are that productive,
who are not.

The drama freak that was OBJ was here for what, parts of five whole seasons? And he set or almost set franchise records for everything WR-related; with a broken down Eli. Glad we got that critical 3rd round pick thrown in and someone who's maybe possibly related to Pepper Johnson? Holy ****.
Hopefully we get 2 second rounders and a cup of coffee for Saquan Barkley.

Hofstra, please let the Kyle balloon go already. Funny ****. LMAO.

Thing I hate most is having to listen to Jet fans for a full year on how the Jets are starting a dynasty.

Beats listening to a full year of "Philly Special" ... "Go St Nick"!!!

AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/14/2019  5:54 PM
Vmart wrote:I like the move. You need good wide receivers not great ones. Offensive line and defense win championships.

While I agree with this conceptually, I think it's important to qualify that OBJ is a transcendent talent whose WAR numbers demonstrate how big an impact he has on games. He can singlehandedly win close games with one of his signature slant routes with RAC for a TD.

To say that having a great receiver like OBJ is not necessary...the same could be said about any role with possible exception of QB1.

That said, team building involves so many parameters, from culture to cost basis to long-term position planning, to draft strategy. We have no idea what DG has in mind, so we're forced to trust his instincts. Hopefully he makes good on this trade, which appears on its face to be a crap return for a player like OBJ.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/14/2019  6:54 PM
OBJ and Mayfield will be an interesting pairing. Mayfield must be psyched, even with OBJ's history Mayfield can throw the deep ball, lots of highlights next season, Im sure. Either it will work great or major drama with those two, maybe both.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/16/2019  1:29 AM
Moonangie wrote:
Vmart wrote:I like the move. You need good wide receivers not great ones. Offensive line and defense win championships.

While I agree with this conceptually, I think it's important to qualify that OBJ is a transcendent talent whose WAR numbers demonstrate how big an impact he has on games. He can singlehandedly win close games with one of his signature slant routes with RAC for a TD.

To say that having a great receiver like OBJ is not necessary...the same could be said about any role with possible exception of QB1.

That said, team building involves so many parameters, from culture to cost basis to long-term position planning, to draft strategy. We have no idea what DG has in mind, so we're forced to trust his instincts. Hopefully he makes good on this trade, which appears on its face to be a crap return for a player like OBJ.

Bill Walsh was asked what factor was most critical in a team winning in the NFL on a consistent basis. Most thought he would talk about offense, but he said consistent pass rush/QB pressure in the 4th quarter without blitzing. Bill Parcells was asked the same question and he said yardage won/lost during special teams play.

Spending the money/assets/picks/opportunity cost on something like a strong pass rush will have likely larger returns than the couple of games a season where an OBJ splash play turns the tide for the team. Against the whole, obviously this is a different animal in the playoffs.

Fixing your pass rush can cover up a whole ton of messes all over your roster elsewhere. It's not a perfect methodology, but it's a huge deal in the modern game.

Giants did a KP trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy