[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan kicks out a "fan"
Author Thread
howyoudoing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8744
USA
3/16/2019  1:32 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Why can't everyone just leave other people alone? If I owned a business and a patron came in and started talking trash about me or tell me to exit the business I throw his ass out too. Just because Dolan is a bit of an ass and everyone hates him doesn't mean it's ok or right.

If I owned a billion-dollar restaurant chain, and somebody said "sell the restaurant", I would just smile and ignore him, I wouldn't just summarily have him ejected from his table.

Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2019  10:59 AM
If Dolan snapped back at fans who heckle him, gave them the opportunity to move on. Thats how I would want the owner of a NYC team to behave. Like he's in NYC, not the mall. If Dolan gives a fan an inch, and they take a mile, then have security talk to them.

Not sure what Dolan expects with a front row seat to the worst team in the league, who haven't won a ring since he got there. As I said in another thread, better off in his luxury suite. Acts like his father is making him sit in his courtside seat as punishment.

Understand there is more to Dolan than his negative fan interactions. He still should appreciate the fact that fans have put money in his pocket for decades, in spite of arguably the worst product on the court in that time.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2019  11:30 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If Dolan snapped back at fans who heckle him, gave them the opportunity to move on. Thats how I would want the owner of a NYC team to behave. Like he's in NYC, not the mall. If Dolan gives a fan an inch, and they take a mile, then have security talk to them.

Not sure what Dolan expects with a front row seat to the worst team in the league, who haven't won a ring since he got there. As I said in another thread, better off in his luxury suite. Acts like his father is making him sit in his courtside seat as punishment.

Understand there is more to Dolan than his negative fan interactions. He still should appreciate the fact that fans have put money in his pocket for decades, in spite of arguably the worst product on the court in that time.

I might seem like a Dolan sympathizer at time but I very much agree with this. If he demonstrated the appreciation of the fan and sold this rebuild he'd have more balance. At this juncture he is a bit late to start and if anything the blow back would be massive at the slightest mistake or quote. He created this mess of bad publicity and its taken years to do so.
Best he just stay quiet. I suppose it makes sense that he go to a box to shield himself.
At the same time all he has to do is this....

"I appreciate your frustration, Im here in the seats with you and want to win too! Im here rooting for this young team and our future, I could go hide in a box but I love this game too! Not everything in the past worked but as you can see we have gone young, have draft picks and salary flexibility. I care about this team!!".

That's it. If he really wants to ham it up he can print some hats or tee shirts and with "Selling the future Knicks". Press can razz him but he present himself to them with a prepared answers without being an ass. Like: "I know fans want me to sell and hope that changes things, fact is we have changed many things the last few years and many of our fans understand we have had to rebuild a foundation from the ground up"......."Im grumpy when fans yell at me, I have not handled it well at times, it hurts but I suppose its the passion of our fans and I should compliment them on it......the passion that is!!! I can't change the past, I can only change how we approach things going forward....."

if asked about Oak he just says that's a something he can't comment on at the moment.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/18/2019  8:49 PM
Would be funny (and good PR) for Dolan if he wore one of those "Sell the team Dolan" T-shirts he banned, to a game.

Show he doesnt take himself so seriously. Gets the message that there is room for improvement in the way be deals with fans.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/19/2019  3:48 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If Dolan snapped back at fans who heckle him, gave them the opportunity to move on. Thats how I would want the owner of a NYC team to behave. Like he's in NYC, not the mall. If Dolan gives a fan an inch, and they take a mile, then have security talk to them.

From the standpoint of security, NBA players, the coaches, broadcasters and owners all receive death threats/kidnapping threats/etc.

You don't take a chance. You remove them.

Whether or not Dolan wanted this guy out, security would have removed him anyway.

People get kicked out all the time. For lots of reasons. Generally speaking, security has to account for the legal liability of any situation as well. If a guy is getting kicked out, its for a reason.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/19/2019  6:31 PM
howyoudoing wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Why can't everyone just leave other people alone? If I owned a business and a patron came in and started talking trash about me or tell me to exit the business I throw his ass out too. Just because Dolan is a bit of an ass and everyone hates him doesn't mean it's ok or right.

If I owned a billion-dollar restaurant chain, and somebody said "sell the restaurant", I would just smile and ignore him, I wouldn't just summarily have him ejected from his table.

i would... what you mean? you are yelling sell the restaurant? disturbing my other customers.... get out before I call the cops

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Dolan kicks out a "fan"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy