Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/8/2019  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2019  9:01 AM
Careful.
Superstardom is not promised to work.

Durant is 30 and not built for the glare of the Broadway stage and NY media circus. As Lebron’s LA Experience reminds us, basketball is a TEAM sport. Knicks executives would be wise to spend extra time evaluating personality, cohesion and compatibility.

Our core is 25 and under, still finding its collective voice.

Leonard is a versatile star who can adapt his game to the situation.
Besides, Kawhi is only 27 years old

He is also the first choice of The Answer Man.

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/8/2019  5:37 PM
I think Kawhi wants to go to an LA team. He would be a great get but I don't think he has any interest in playing for the Knicks. If all of the reports are accurate, KD does want to come to NY. Maybe Kawhi considers the KNicks if they have KD in place already. Kawhi would be an interesting test for the NY media
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/8/2019  5:38 PM
KD+Kawhi+Zion = new era for NYK.

Please let this happen. Twenty years is long enough to wait our turn!!!

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2019  8:19 PM
kd came to an established team with a 73 or whatever number of wins, immediately became their best player and led them to multiple chamionships. seamlessly too, until that ******* green had to throw one of his usual tantrums. he’s my #1 choice. of course leonard would be fantastic too, but durant’s in his prime as the top star in the league in my view.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2019  8:24 PM
The answer man choice, if the question is asked of him.
Kawahi no doubt a talented man. AN enigma or a savant.
Put frank out there with them. He’ll learn quick.
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

3/8/2019  11:17 PM
beggars can't be choosers
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/9/2019  7:07 AM
knicks180nyc wrote:beggars can't be choosers

If either want to sign here there should be absolutly no hesitation. We aren't giving up assets to get them. If its just cap space you have to do it.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/9/2019  7:23 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

If either want to sign here there should be absolutly no hesitation. We aren't giving up assets to get them. If its just cap space you have to do it.

I agree completely

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/9/2019  7:57 AM
“Big tits are great on a hot chick. But you won't feel the joy of kneading your fingers deep in those lovely melons with the allure of Uncle Dennis pissing down your throat every day.”

thank u. u finally cleared my mind of the repetitively intrusive image of frank’s groin.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/9/2019  8:44 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I agree completely

I'm more worried about the team being gutted for Anthony Davis.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
3/9/2019  3:07 PM
Marv wrote:“Big tits are great on a hot chick. But you won't feel the joy of kneading your fingers deep in those lovely melons with the allure of Uncle Dennis pissing down your throat every day.”

thank u. u finally cleared my mind of the repetitively intrusive image of frank’s groin.

Knicks on court play makes me nauseous. Triples depictions requires me to have medical attention and on going medical treatment.
Marv, in your professional opinion, what say you?
Can you write me a script or do i just continue my use/abuse the Rainman as my outlet?
I get that I am cyberbullying but he seems no worse from it and its not like he will free fall from the Chase sky ridge any time soon with a declaration of “Nalod drive me to this” any time soon.

93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
3/9/2019  3:14 PM
Marv works for money, please be a gentleman and offer his hourly minimum.
Nalod wrote:
Marv wrote:“Big tits are great on a hot chick. But you won't feel the joy of kneading your fingers deep in those lovely melons with the allure of Uncle Dennis pissing down your throat every day.”

Knicks on court play makes me nauseous. Triples depictions requires me to have medical attention and on going medical treatment.
Marv, in your professional opinion, what say you?
Can you write me a script or do i just continue my use/abuse the Rainman as my outlet?
I get that I am cyberbullying but he seems no worse from it and its not like he will free fall from the Chase sky ridge any time soon with a declaration of “Nalod drive me to this” any time soon.

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/9/2019  9:03 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I agree completely

I am going to go ahead now and third that notion. I too would have absolutely no reservations about doing it. You said it best,one has got to sign on the dotted line for that. Gotta doo eet

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/10/2019  11:47 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

I agree completely

I'm more worried about the team being gutted for Anthony Davis.

Same here. With that said, if we found a way to wait for next Summer to get AD after signing Kawhi this Summer while also drafting Zion then gangbusters.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
3/10/2019  1:55 PM
Kudo's to Leonard to play his FA card. He didn't resign with Toronto, thus far stayed healthy, is doing well and in control.
Be good if AD took the leap. Melo from Denver was smart in strike season to get his trade. he needed some knee surgery and got his security.
Yes, we gutted ourselves to do the deal. Hope we don't going forward. We expunged KP and Timmy to clear the cap space. No need to trade more.
I doin't see AD hitting Free agency. Just going with odds, not what I "Feel".
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/10/2019  2:08 PM
I propose if we get Kawhi his nickname henceforth should be Big Jugs!
(5)(5)
Nalod
USA
3/11/2019  7:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/11/2019  7:58 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:Kudo's to Leonard to play his FA card.

Kudos for what exactly?

He went to war, by proxy of his uncle, with one of the most established franchises in pro sports and they gutted him in the media. I mean his public image went to total ****.

Not only that, he looks like a jerk lead by the nose by his uncle. At least other jerks or perceived jerks were seen to do it on their own.

He left a well run franchise with a stable coach/GM and system and he won a ring there. And he left max money/years on the table.

Part of the issue is he wanted to be more "marketable" and his uncle told him it was SA/Texas. But in reality, the guy has no charisma. No charm. No people skills. He's primarily a defender by trade. You can't really market that.

Reggie Bush was never an elite player but had a high Q rating. Lots of women thought he was good looking. It's another factor these guys don't understand. JJ Redick is more marketable than many of these guys.

The Rockets had Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler and The Dream. You know who was the most coveted interview? Matt Maloney. Good looking farmboy type.

If you want to be marketable, you need a lot of things in your favor. You also need a "good story" behind you, like American Idol.

Then Kudo’s to uncle Dennis for what ever reasons to take control of his clients destiny.
If a man does not want to play in San Antonio for reasons that are his own thats his business.
If he is not marketable and now worth the money the market will determine his contract, not Triples mysogonistic anger.
We automatically assume Leonard was the bad guy because we all respect POP and SAS does little wrong but why is it always one vs. the other? Media drives us to pick sides, pick a letter grade on everything and then assign blame.
Yesterday Bondy says Dolans rant the other day might have a big effect on free agents. Do we really think players care about this? Knicks are awful and Dolan has often been the architect of its failure but is simply the benefactor funding for the first rebuild in decades. (Nalod thinks Dolan should be in a box seat to insulate himself).
I do think Leonard was nuts to leave SAS but I’m not in the room with him or understand his reasons.
The kid appears to have some form of personality disorder which does not seem to be a problem on the court. He as recently asked about his Toronto experience and he replied “Its Cold”. That was it. one could deduct he is going to LA from that. Maybe Uncle Dennis sees they took BLake Griffith cardboard personality and made quite a marketing machine from that. Blake sold a lot of Kia cars. Nalod didn’t relate to the commercials. I don’t have to.

My hope is some combo of “Stars” are conspiring to form a super team in NYC and that it includes some of our yoot going forward. My hope is Knicks can build something and not just cash in the chips for one starphuch run. My hope is that the next generation of “Knick greats” see that if the team can sustain sucess it extends their brand. Perhaps Uncle Dennis thought His nephew empty cache of personality could not sustain against the legends that where Manu, Parker Duncan and Robinson who are still associated with the team and eventually the fans/media would turn on him during a rebuild phase that was enevitble.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/11/2019  7:59 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how KD isn't built for the New York glare, but somehow Kawhi is? Built out of what? Dealing with the glares of SA and Toronto?
Nalod
USA
3/11/2019  8:16 AM
jrodmc wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how KD isn't built for the New York glare, but somehow Kawhi is? Built out of what? Dealing with the glares of SA and Toronto?

nobody is build for the NY glare. Melo seemed comfortable with his celebrity and star power and not bothered with the losing? Durant knows what he is walking into and one has to assume he owns it going forward if he chooses. The false narratives by media to sell a story would get on my nerves but you either accept it going in or not. Kawahi seems indifferent to a lot of things. Might work in his favor. Right or wrong he faced a lot of backlash when he sat in SAS and then was traded. Seems like he is doing just fine up there. its not NY media and its not hockey but still he has to deal with it in every city and at home. Canada has but one pro basketball team very intense on whether he resigns there or not.

howyoudoing
Member: #8744
USA
3/13/2019  6:25 PM
kd came to an established team with a 73 or whatever number of wins, immediately became their best player

Maybe. I'd argue Steph is still their most important player, at least.

Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
Pass on Durant - Kawhi Leonard Plays Defense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy