[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and the groin
Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/25/2019  6:35 PM
Knixkik wrote:Frank seems to be a slow healer overall. All of his injuries tend to hit him harder than most. I still think he has the talent, but needs a major change mentally to be a good NBA player.

He is a type of personality which needs stable environment around him.
The way Knicks are and will be for foreseeable future is not good for him.
I think 3rd year will be the telling one for Frank and I think he will be a Knick next season.
And ether way he will became an asset.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/26/2019  2:10 PM
Have to start to think if Frank can play through pain. Every chance he has been given seems to lost to some unfortunate events.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/28/2019  10:06 AM
Vmart wrote:Have to start to think if Frank can play through pain. Every chance he has been given seems to lost to some unfortunate events.

Yeah i feel the exact same way. Seems like his threshold for pain and injury is very low.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/28/2019  11:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Vmart wrote:Have to start to think if Frank can play through pain. Every chance he has been given seems to lost to some unfortunate events.

Yeah i feel the exact same way. Seems like his threshold for pain and injury is very low.

Seriously? History proves assuming a player is jaking an injury is ridiculous. You have no idea at all.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/28/2019  11:28 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Seriously? History proves assuming a player is jaking an injury is ridiculous. You have no idea at all.

I agree - you can't say he can't play through pain.

But, what I am worried about - is he made of glass? Some guys are just fragile - like D Rose, like KP and DSjr might well be. And then other guys never get hurt.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2019  12:05 PM
Frank played 78 games his rookie campaign. Missed three freaking games!
Before his groin pull I believe he was out 2 or three games with the shoulder thing.
He played thru the pain and it might have affected his shooting.
Its possible he did play thru groin pain.

We have this notion of him being fragile but in fact he has had one injury and compare it to Lebrons groin pull.
As if all groin pulls are one and the same.

If one is fair, one might say its why his rookie season was more productive. Factor in the fact the kid was still growing last summer and new coach we might have "reasons". This does not mean he is untradeable or a bust. It means we drafted a very young player and if we can play internet psychoanalysis experts as to "he is soft", "Not aggressive", "Too French",.......we might want to consider his health this season.

Is it common for physically undeveloped players to be injury prone? Im talking bigger samples beyond Knox.
Is it a question of "Frank is Fragile", or "Is he going to outgrow it"? It happens.
Will knicks be patient with his development? Or trade him?

But lets not forget his rookie season had shooting flaws. He seemed to be making some progress early this season and was taking it to the rim. He also got pulled and sat. He had shoulder injury.

He played 78 games last season.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/28/2019  5:49 PM
Nalod wrote:Frank played 78 games his rookie campaign. Missed three freaking games!
Before his groin pull I believe he was out 2 or three games with the shoulder thing.

We have this notion of him being fragile but in fact he has had one injury and compare it to Lebrons groin pull.

If one is fair, one might say its why his rookie season was more productive. Factor in the fact the kid was still growing last summer and new coach we might have "reasons". This does not mean he is untradeable or a bust. It means we drafted a very young player and if we can play internet psychoanalysis experts as to "he is soft", "Not aggressive", "Too French",.......we might want to consider his health this season.

Is it common for physically undeveloped players to be injury prone? Im talking bigger samples beyond Knox.
Is it a question of "Frank is Fragile", or "Is he going to outgrow it"? It happens.

But lets not forget his rookie season had shooting flaws. He seemed to be making some progress early this season and was taking it to the rim. He also got pulled and sat. He had shoulder injury.

He claimed to have played through his groin injury for a few days before he couldn't anymore. But his healthy def hasn't been a good look this past season. But he wouldnt be the first to struggle with health for the first few season of his career.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2019  6:01 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:Frank played 78 games his rookie campaign. Missed three freaking games!

He claimed to have played through his groin injury for a few days before he couldn't anymore. But his healthy def hasn't been a good look this past season. But he wouldnt be the first to struggle with health for the first few season of his career.

I can't remember the exact details but didn't GS debate out how much/long they should resign Steph Curry for because of this ankle injuries in third year? Dude played 26 games that year because of the ankle?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/28/2019  10:31 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I can't remember the exact details but didn't GS debate out how much/long they should resign Steph Curry for because of this ankle injuries in third year? Dude played 26 games that year because of the ankle?

That was the reason they gave him a 40-50 mill prove it deal
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/29/2019  1:20 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I wonder if we will see Frank at the summer league?

Nalod
USA
3/29/2019  2:46 PM
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Not sure I would see the point. We know what he can do and not do at the NBA level. We don't know if he'll be traded as per suggested by Berman frequently that he could be in play draft day. Same for Mitch and Knox. Let rookies and free agents who are vying for exposure have the minutes.
Its just a few games over a week.

He played 78 games last season and made progress. This year was awful for him and the team. I hope both fair better in the future.
Is he in our future? Not sure. Fiz says lots of nice things about a lot of players.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/29/2019  3:24 PM
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Not sure I would see the point. We know what he can do and not do at the NBA level. We don't know if he'll be traded as per suggested by Berman frequently that he could be in play draft day. Same for Mitch and Knox. Let rookies and free agents who are vying for exposure have the minutes.

He played 78 games last season and made progress. This year was awful for him and the team. I hope both fair better in the future.
Is he in our future? Not sure. Fiz says lots of nice things about a lot of players.

It might help to get him some time on the court. Also, if roster construction this offseason is such that he is to be the back up point guard then getting as many minutes playing the point could be benefetial. The organization did not choose to get him minutes on the ball in West Hester. Summer league would be a place where he could play against lesser competition while learning his position on offense better.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
3/29/2019  3:40 PM
This is last we will see if Frank. The FO has moved on. 3 pgs on the roster not including the impressive Allen.
/PassTheBall
Nalod
USA
3/29/2019  4:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It might help to get him some time on the court. Also, if roster construction this offseason is such that he is to be the back up point guard then getting as many minutes playing the point could be benefetial. The organization did not choose to get him minutes on the ball in West Hester. Summer league would be a place where he could play against lesser competition while learning his position on offense better.

If frank sticks, I see him as a glue/systems guy whose intangables makes others better. THis he does real well. I think we all would like to see him "more aggressive" an initiate offense/movement with the threat of scoring himself. I suppose you bring in Kyrie and your adding more to the redundancy. Draft night FO might very well know by then who is winking and nodding. Also we will have our draft order sorted out.
Perhaps with all the pieces that have to move first to make this happen.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/29/2019  4:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/29/2019  4:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's amazing how you still look at this kid as a pg despite his major struggles at the position. He's not even close to being a pg and he dosn't have and really pg skills other than the occasional hockey.
assist. Lack of speed and shooting eliminates him from being an adequate pg much less a all star.

Every playoff team (except for the spurs) has an above avg pg..your not going to be a very good team without one

ES
CrushAlot
USA
3/29/2019  4:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's amazing how you still look at this kid as a pg despite his major struggles at the position. He's not even close to being a pg and he dosn't have and really pg skills other than the occasional hockey.
assist. Lack of speed and shooting eliminates him from being an adequate pg much less a all star.

Every playoff team (except for the spurs) has an above avg pg..your not going to be a very good team without one

I don’t look at him like a point guard. I do think the roster is going to look very different and he could be the guy on the roster projected to be the point guard.
CrushAlot
USA
3/29/2019  5:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I don’t look at him like a point guard. I do think the roster is going to look very different and he could be the guy on the roster projected to be the point guard.
Back up point.
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/29/2019  7:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Back up point.

frank has so much going against him in NY it's sad

Unfortunately for him he is a system player in an environment that doesn't have a system, a city that's full of distractions on and off the court.

He is on a team that has embrace losing almost as culture, he has played for 2 inexperience coaches that are clueless as to how to use him, has already had about 20+ different teammates in 1 and 1/2 seasons, he takes 10 to 13 shots over the course of 2 to3 games, and only making 3 of them, and goes weeks without a FT attempt.

I think frank will always be a Lance thomas type player for his career

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/30/2019  4:21 AM
I still think we should keep Frank next season- he'll fit next years roster better and we need defense. Ridiculous how the criticism has exploded while he's been injured. If he can nail down that 3pt shot (which looks fine form-wise), then he's going to be a good contributor off the bench- who else are we going to get for $3mil? (by moving his salary). The thing that gives me hope tis Frank, is that when he plays well it has a positive impact on the game (as oppose to DSJ who can post big stats that have no baring on the outcome)
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/30/2019  8:21 AM
PassTheBall wrote:This is last we will see if Frank. The FO has moved on. 3 pgs on the roster not including the impressive Allen.

Hard to say we have ANY PGs right now but sadly I agree...think Frank has been a goner for months now.

Still hope he is someone we could keep if we add some legit talent & just let him play a role.

Frank and the groin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy