Frank and the groin
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

3/19/2019  7:20 AM
anrst wrote:our coach has no idea what to do with frank

our coach is pretty dumb

Yeah its the coaches fault Frank has one of the worst offensive games in the league. Some of you keep demanding he play PG. How can you play a guy with no handle, and no ability to drive play PG. Games aren't played in the high 80's anymore. I said when we drafted him he is a backup wing. I stil think he can be useful but he has to get a jump shot. I think his days n NY are numbered. If we sign star players I see zero chance he is brought back. He will be traded for a high 2nd round pick. We will take that cap space and get a useful vet for our bench.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/19/2019  8:43 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:When every team is scoring over 100 pts as an average, I don't see how an NBA team can have a Bruce Bowen type player. True, you still need to play defense, but if you can't score, you won't play.

Not true. Scores are higher, sure. But the best teams are teams that can get stops. GSW has some of the best defensive players in the league. Houston took a step backwards when they got rid of their best defensive players. Frank does need to improve his offense, no question. But you're diminishing the things he can do well. Patrick Beverly scored zero points in the Clippers last game against OKC. Yet he had a plus +22 plus/minus and was arguably the game's MVP.

I'm not diminishing the things he can do well, but what exactly are they?

He's tall, lanky, kinda mildly athletic, but not healthy right now. I know the game requires players to adjust - but his outside shooting this year has been a major disappointment.

Might he develop? Sure - but would you pick him again at our spot? I wouldn't.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_2017.html

I probably still would, based on upside. Then again, I probably wouldn't have picked Knox. Hindsight is 20/20. I still believe in Frank's upside. Still, I would suggest that no one gets too to attached to any young player who is not named Mitchell Robinson.

Dotson and Robinson are the only players I care about. We can trade everyone else as far as Im concerned.

exactly.

Our 2nd round picks are so much better than our lottery picks...

You can't tell me that if you had to choose between Knox and Trier, you go with knox..

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
3/19/2019  4:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:When every team is scoring over 100 pts as an average, I don't see how an NBA team can have a Bruce Bowen type player. True, you still need to play defense, but if you can't score, you won't play.

Not true. Scores are higher, sure. But the best teams are teams that can get stops. GSW has some of the best defensive players in the league. Houston took a step backwards when they got rid of their best defensive players. Frank does need to improve his offense, no question. But you're diminishing the things he can do well. Patrick Beverly scored zero points in the Clippers last game against OKC. Yet he had a plus +22 plus/minus and was arguably the game's MVP.

He's tall, lanky, kinda mildly athletic, but not healthy right now. I know the game requires players to adjust - but his outside shooting this year has been a major disappointment.

I probably still would, based on upside. Then again, I probably wouldn't have picked Knox. Hindsight is 20/20. I still believe in Frank's upside. Still, I would suggest that no one gets too to attached to any young player who is not named Mitchell Robinson.

Dotson and Robinson are the only players I care about. We can trade everyone else as far as Im concerned.

exactly.

You can't tell me that if you had to choose between Knox and Trier, you go with knox..

Trier is nothing to write home about. Dude has tunnel vision. If he has the ball 7/10 time he is shooting.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2019  4:46 PM
When "Harry met Sally".....
When Vmart met Rainman"....
Ya'll like peanut butter and chocolate!

Whats funny is how incredulous y'all think we hopeful fans have our heads up our ass is how you have this redundant role to remind us how bad the knicks are.

If we watch games, we see what happening.
If you don't, your on the box score. A kid can have a great half, then a bad one. Its inconsistency. If you see the box score, you don't see the game, you see the result.
Its not pretty, but those that watch can see things that NOT watching can't.
We also HOPE the team is going somewhere. You will tell us where we have been and thus, we can't go forward.
And then we read my signature.

Vmart
USA
3/19/2019  4:52 PM
Nalod wrote:When "Harry met Sally".....

Whats funny is how incredulous y'all think we hopeful fans have our heads up our ass is how you have this redundant role to remind us how bad the knicks are.

If you don't, your on the box score. A kid can have a great half, then a bad one. Its inconsistency. If you see the box score, you don't see the game, you see the result.
We also HOPE the team is going somewhere. You will tell us where we have been and thus, we can't go forward.

The whimsical one has the gall to question. You spoke very highly of Phil Jackson and once he was let go you threw him under the bus. When I compared you to a plastic bag in the wind there is psychological analysis to it. No point of view just swayed by the masses.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/19/2019  5:02 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

exactly.

Trier is nothing to write home about. Dude has tunnel vision. If he has the ball 7/10 time he is shooting.

I think the front office crushed the last draft. Robinson was one year out from being the #8 prospect in his class. Knox was 9th in that class. Trier was ranked 12th coming out of high school. I think Knox gets better and I also think he is exhausted. He has to be top 5 in minutes for rooks. Mitch has been awesome and Trier has been really good in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
USA
3/19/2019  5:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
franco12 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

exactly.

I think the front office crushed the last draft. Robinson was one year out from being the #8 prospect in his class. Knox was 9th in that class. Trier was ranked 12th coming out of high school. I think Knox gets better and I also think he is exhausted. He has to be top 5 in minutes for rooks. Mitch has been awesome and Trier has been really good in my opinion.

Knox has a lot of potential. Trier is a good scorer off the bench. Robinson has shown he has a high ceiling. They did well in the draft. Only drawback is they are not being taught team play and that’s on the coach and GM. I get playing for the tank I’m a proponent of it but current players should be learning a system to go forward with. A system to avoid more time loss in learning something new next year. That is my only gripe with this management.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/19/2019  5:35 PM
Vmart wrote:
Nalod wrote:When "Harry met Sally".....

The whimsical one has the gall to question. You spoke very highly of Phil Jackson and once he was let go you threw him under the bus. When I compared you to a plastic bag in the wind there is psychological analysis to it. No point of view just swayed by the masses.

I was wrong. Phil was a good idea. It was beyond my intelligence to think he was that bad. The penalty for my evaluation is as much as the bonus you received for being correct.
The proof is in the record as we see it.
I don't care about "Blame" or "Who is right". If the team is taking risks its better than guaranteed mediocrity.

Efred did something like 7 or 8 guys have ever done. I root for Perry and Mills to be successful, not to boast when they fall so I can puff my chest out and be the man.
Im a fan. Im hopeful. Im not guarding my emotions so I seem smart. Its entertainment, Knicks win a chip its not making me any more money, health to my kids, or the Spanish fly for my wife.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
3/20/2019  3:44 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
anrst wrote:our coach has no idea what to do with frank

our coach is pretty dumb

Yeah its the coaches fault Frank has one of the worst offensive games in the league. Some of you keep demanding he play PG. How can you play a guy with no handle, and no ability to drive play PG. Games aren't played in the high 80's anymore. I said when we drafted him he is a backup wing. I stil think he can be useful but he has to get a jump shot. I think his days n NY are numbered. If we sign star players I see zero chance he is brought back. He will be traded for a high 2nd round pick. We will take that cap space and get a useful vet for our bench.

Bruce Bowen is the goal here. Useful cog on a complete team. People want him as PG because they think what if we had a PG that big who can defend really well. Fact is he has no PG skills. Can't handle, penetrate, shoot and is very turnover prone. Add his propensity for long injuries and second rounder is about right. I'll keep him at that price but if someone offered a mid-late 1st rounder he should be gone imo.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/20/2019  3:49 PM
He's almost ready --- praise the lord Frank's groin has re-attached to the bone.

Still waiting for he's been shut down again news.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/21/2019  8:44 AM
LivingLegend wrote:He's almost ready --- praise the lord Frank's groin has re-attached to the bone.

Still waiting for he's been shut down again news.

Looks like Friday...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/21/2019  9:49 AM
Watched a pregame interview with Frank. Didnt sound as confident as he usually does. Believe the time off, and all the new competition put things in perspective for Frank. Hard for it not to when you are sitting on the bench for 20 plus games.

Probably too late to make a difference in NY, but maybe that and a change of scenery will give Frank the sense of urgency he needs to be more of a factor on offense. A factor on offense.

Never used the word "bust" to describe Frank, still not doing it. Might be able to show a more well rounded game in the future, but I believe it might take getting traded to bring it out of him.

Vmart
USA
3/21/2019  4:02 PM
Frank is done in NY he wants no part of the Knicks. He has seen enough to know to get out. When Fiz didn’t play him when his family was in the stands you know inside Frank is think WTF.
Vmart
USA
3/21/2019  4:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2019  4:17 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long?

I am literally flabbergasted.

Please tell us of your medical background and expertise with sports injuries. Let us know what you know about Franks particular case. Let us know any info you’ve come across with other groin injuries to other NBA player.

Let’s start there

I get that groin injuries take a while - but the kid is how young? And he is still hurt?

I do honestly wonder if they are holding him back partly because he has looked so bad. Maybe by keeping him out, they can keep his value up for an off season move?

I don't think that is wild speculation.

Speculate all you want. Without any information at all. It’s not a good look.

Visiting UK is like staying at a Holiday Inn. Tell me Martin just what did the NYK medical staff knows that gives you so much confidence in their diagnosis. They knew McDyess, they knew H2O, They knew Amare’s tread life. I swear some guys on UK know the Knicks better than the staff.

CrushAlot
USA
3/21/2019  5:18 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long?

Please tell us of your medical background and expertise with sports injuries. Let us know what you know about Franks particular case. Let us know any info you’ve come across with other groin injuries to other NBA player.

Let’s start there

I get that groin injuries take a while - but the kid is how young? And he is still hurt?

I do honestly wonder if they are holding him back partly because he has looked so bad. Maybe by keeping him out, they can keep his value up for an off season move?

Visiting UK is like staying at a Holiday Inn. Tell me Martin just what did the NYK medical staff knows that gives you so much confidence in their diagnosis. They knew McDyess, they knew H2O, They knew Amare’s tread life. I swear some guys on UK know the Knicks better than the staff.

putting the sins of Scott Layden on the medical staff is not a good look. The Dyess trade is the worst Knick trade ever for me. Also, everyone knew Amar’e wouldn’t hold up. The doctors in Phoenix said Amare’s knees wouldn’t hold up for the length of his contract. Amare’s deal was uninsurable because his knees were so bad. Those were management mistakes not the medical staff.

O

Vmart
USA
3/21/2019  5:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Let’s start there

putting the sins of Scott Layden on the medical staff is not a good look. The Dyess trade is the worst Knick trade ever for me. Also, everyone knew Amar’e wouldn’t hold up. The doctors in Phoenix said Amare’s knees wouldn’t hold up for the length of his contract. Amare’s deal was uninsurable because his knees were so bad. Those were management mistakes not the medical staff.

O

I would have a hard time believing that they didn’t have input from a medical staff person. Since Dyess was coming off an ACL, Amare Microfracture and Houston was right under their nose.

CrushAlot
USA
3/21/2019  5:49 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

Let’s start there

O

I would have a hard time believing that they didn’t have input from a medical staff person. Since Dyess was coming off an ACL, Amare Microfracture and Houston was right under their nose.

I disagree about Amar’e and Dyess. Walsh had to spend the money he traded his lottery pick and first round picks for. I was at a draft party with Knick fans the night of the Dyess trade. No one there liked the trade right from the start. Maybe Dolan pushed Layden to make stupid mistakes but that was a bad deal.
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/21/2019  7:13 PM
Frank is not Curry, nor is Frank Klay .. Frank are the Knicks Shaun Livingston/Trevor Ariza throughout his rookie contract.
If the Knicks Mismanagement Mills/Perry hire head-coach Mark Jackson in the offseason, maybe Mark could mentor DSJ & Dotson & Trier into becoming complimentary guards like Mark did to Curry & Klay !!!
CrushAlot
USA
3/21/2019  9:33 PM
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
3/22/2019  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2019  2:15 PM
the org doesn't realize that a mitch and frank lineup can be the core of an elite defensive unit ... there was one game this year -- i wish i remembered which and who against -- where both frank and mitch came out to trap a guard and the guy got legit scared and through the ball away
Frank and the groin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy