[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Frank and the groin
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

3/8/2019  8:22 AM
Groin injuries can take months. I had a bad one in high school but luckily it was at the end of basketball season but took a long time to heal
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/8/2019  8:46 AM
Sounds like an Elton John song, lol.

No matter what the injury is, the secrecy behind Frank's progress sounds like its more about business, than health. Would have expected more upbeat news by now about Frank being close to returning. From Frank or mgmt. An awful lot of radio silence, considering.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

3/8/2019  9:31 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Bottom line Knicks are dicking around with Frank....

That really makes no sense on multiple levels.

Frank N is passively trying to get traded. What he is doing is common in Euro-Ball, where he has experience. He would simply be more aggressive on another team.

Trier, Knox and MRob have been pushed way too far and too hard for rookies at their current level. But the Knicks have super limited options given injury/trade/gutted roster. Putting Frank N on the shelf means the minutes have to go somewhere. Overexposing the Knicks recent guys from the past draft class only risks injuring them.

Frank N is in his 2nd year. His trade value is in his cost control and potential as a wing defender. The ability to guard the wing at a potential elite level is actually pretty rare in the modern NBA. One of the other issues is he's going to need a consistent three to have value and the ball simply is not moving on this team. He can't create his own shot and he needs a true free flowing offense to help him get clean looks.

His footwork is very good and that generally bodes well for upside in helping a little of everything else. His shot could use help but it's not beyond repair ( its not like young Jason Kidd, who was a ****ing atrocious level shooter)

There are too many built in safeguards to prevent teams and players from taking advantage of injuries or phantom injuries. (Which makes the Leonard and Spurs situation so bizarre) Going to war with Frank N means going to war with CAA and Leon Rose. Which has interests in other things associated with Dolan and his family. And has interests in things vested within the league itself and the brands and networks. There is literally no incentive to do this.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/8/2019  10:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Sounds like an Elton John song, lol.

No matter what the injury is, the secrecy behind Frank's progress sounds like its more about business, than health. Would have expected more upbeat news by now about Frank being close to returning. From Frank or mgmt. An awful lot of radio silence, considering.

This is basically all I am saying --- this isn't about health it's something else (business) --- maybe both sides have agreed to shut him down with promise to move him this summer --- I just don't understand why.

Hoping I am wrong and Frank is back soon --- playing better.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2019  10:29 AM
A little here, a little there.......and you likely have the truth.
Draft night if he is moved for a pick is not just about him as a prospect but as mentioned cost control.
Its important to have a pipeline of prospects and talent but also control the cap. Naturally a team has to want him. Naturally we have to be confident we can get equal or better value in return.
The "Process" of decisions made in the present and near future today have ramifications in the future.
Most of us want frank to succeed as a knick as either a trade asset or on floor asset. Perhaps few of us who have backed themselves into a corner as a participant of the UK and "being right" is more important than enjoying a kids ascension might disagree.
Trier and DSjr have changed the narrative. Gone are Timmy and Clee. Mudiay remains a mystery. I don't love the kid but I have to adhere to my signature and reserve judgement. Might be Fiz things Mudiay has more upside. He might be right. He might think He is done and knicks will let him walk.

All I know im looking forward to the day when the start of a new season is anticipated than the end of a losing one and hopeful changes occur.
This is a big off season for knicks. Im not looking for a championship caliber roster this year, but perhaps the narrative changes a bit.
Ping pong balls and the fragile temperaments of Durant, Kawahi and others will decide our fate.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/8/2019  10:32 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Frank N is passively trying to get traded. What he is doing is common in Euro-Ball, where he has experience. He would simply be more aggressive on another team.

Trier, Knox and MRob have been pushed way too far and too hard for rookies at their current level. But the Knicks have super limited options given injury/trade/gutted roster. Putting Frank N on the shelf means the minutes have to go somewhere. Overexposing the Knicks recent guys from the past draft class only risks injuring them.

Frank N is in his 2nd year. His trade value is in his cost control and potential as a wing defender. The ability to guard the wing at a potential elite level is actually pretty rare in the modern NBA. One of the other issues is he's going to need a consistent three to have value and the ball simply is not moving on this team. He can't create his own shot and he needs a true free flowing offense to help him get clean looks.

His footwork is very good and that generally bodes well for upside in helping a little of everything else. His shot could use help but it's not beyond repair ( its not like young Jason Kidd, who was a ****ing atrocious level shooter)

There are too many built in safeguards to prevent teams and players from taking advantage of injuries or phantom injuries. (Which makes the Leonard and Spurs situation so bizarre) Going to war with Frank N means going to war with CAA and Leon Rose. Which has interests in other things associated with Dolan and his family. And has interests in things vested within the league itself and the brands and networks. There is literally no incentive to do this.

I'm not saying Frank is a legit PG or that he has played as well as I'd/we had hoped --- I just think he is getting some odd treatment from the front office (Knick's Knicking) -- his groin would have to be off the bone to be out six weeks (it's laughable really) --- somebody find me 2 other cases where a groin injury kept an NBA player out 6 weeks.

It is possible Frank has gone behind the scenes (as I noted in my original post) and requested a trade (per your passive comment) but I just don't buy he is injured still --- hoping I am wrong and he is back soon.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2019  10:43 AM
groingate
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/8/2019  11:11 AM
I would have to agree with some on here that this is the last step in ridding the place of the Triangle Smell.

1) Frankie: Play him. Bench him. Replace him with the exact pick Phil didn't make.
2) Next up: bye bye Lance Thomas
3) On the bubble: Luke Kornet disintegrates in the breeze.
4) Dolan (brought Phil in) sells the team,
5) New owner gets rid of Mills (Phil staff leftover).

Done

Nalod
USA
3/8/2019  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2019  11:57 AM
jrodmc wrote:I would have to agree with some on here that this is the last step in ridding the place of the Triangle Smell.

1) Frankie: Play him. Bench him. Replace him with the exact pick Phil didn't make.

Done

New billionaire owner with Napoleonic tendancies:

1. Goes all in on AD.
2. Hires Jerry West as "Consultant"
3. We bring in Durant and Kyrie
4. We trade everything for veteran players
5. Rainman takes over the UK
6. Knicks lose in Conf. Finals for two years.
7. AD has a bad back, KD and Kyrie opt out. DSjr Starburies us, and Trier signs with Nets.
8. We are back were we started, Napoleonic owner is indicted for fraud with the SEC, team has to slash payroll.
9. MSG loses lease as new Penn Station is announced. Team has two years to vacate. They decide to play in Newark until new arena is build in White plains.
10. Obama, Lebron and Jay Z sign letter of intent to buy team. White Plains arena is scrapped due to Union bickering and extortion. New Arena is announced for rail yards area of NYC for 100 gazillion dollars and will be operated by MSG via Dolan.
11. Lebron announces he is coming out of retirement to play one more season with his son at age 41. He has exhumed the testes of Wilt Chamberlin and is blood doping in Germany with it. Lavar Ball is institutionalized.
12. Spike Lee wins an Oscar for the Movie "GodZingis" vs. Godzilla.
13. Frank is the league MVP after leading the Timberwolves to there second consecutive championship.
14 President Mark Cuban is elated with the leagues diversity. His blind trust owns the Mavs and Becky Hammons is Coach of the year. The team loses in the west conf finals when team chemistry is ruined when its rumored KP impregnated her.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2019  12:09 PM
new arena is called "Amazon Centre"
new team president is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Nalod
USA
3/8/2019  12:41 PM
Marv wrote:new arena is called "Amazon Centre"
new team president is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Anucha Brown Sanders!!!
Although I think she dropped the Sanders???
She hires Isiah Thomas and buys a hair straightener. Its not used for hair.
Thomas quits after two weeks and retires from public life.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/8/2019  1:05 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long? Even if he returns this weekend --- something smells very fishy to me.

Theory I've been bouncing around in my head is that Frank or his representation requested a trade (maybe during or after the KP situation unfolded).

It's possible management was afraid of the look of both KP and Frank asking out and in response the Knick's play hardball (bench him for a long time) and look to move him in the summer.

I just can't buy the timeline for this injury and don't put anything past the Knicks. Watching both DSJ and Mudiay over a longer period --- makes me doubt either is a better long term PG vs. Frank.

Thoughts?

Under the new Chris Bosh Rule under the current CBA, if a player and his representation have a conflict over an issue of health with their respective franchise, the player and his agent can petition for a review from a league approved medical panel outside of the bounds of said individual franchise.

It's a safeguard designed to prevent what amounts to insurance fraud ( Consider how much insurance is needed in all aspects of running a franchise, the NBA as a whole does not want to go to war with the insurance industry in general) and a backdoor way for teams to convert cap hold dollars into real dollars ( Player X counts against the cap, but insurance is paying out a chunk of the actual cash hit, allowing team to hit the salary floor but not paying cash that equalizes to the salary floor)

Frank N and his agent obviously want to do well for his next contract. This needs to happen by way of doing well on another team that has his Bird Rights. Which means a trade and means the sooner the better. Accepting a fake injury means no non Knicks team will want to trade for him.

There is no reason for the Knicks to **** with him like this ( Chris Bosh Rule)

There is no reason for Frank N to accept this kind of scenario you present, it only hurts him.

He's injured enough to keep him out.

If the Knicks truly wanted him gone, they'd have sent him out in the Zinger deal ( Carlisle and Donnie Nelson both really like Frank N in general) He's in his 2nd year, there's no pressure to move him now on the Knicks side.

I thought Dallas had a lot of interest in Frank, especially at the 2017 draft. After the KP trade I listened to a podcast with the guy that writes about the Mavs for The Athletic. He said the Mavs had no interest in Frank. I think Frank has been mentioned in a Tim for Matthews deal prior to the KP trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/8/2019  1:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long? Even if he returns this weekend --- something smells very fishy to me.

Theory I've been bouncing around in my head is that Frank or his representation requested a trade (maybe during or after the KP situation unfolded).

It's possible management was afraid of the look of both KP and Frank asking out and in response the Knick's play hardball (bench him for a long time) and look to move him in the summer.

I just can't buy the timeline for this injury and don't put anything past the Knicks. Watching both DSJ and Mudiay over a longer period --- makes me doubt either is a better long term PG vs. Frank.

Thoughts?

Under the new Chris Bosh Rule under the current CBA, if a player and his representation have a conflict over an issue of health with their respective franchise, the player and his agent can petition for a review from a league approved medical panel outside of the bounds of said individual franchise.

It's a safeguard designed to prevent what amounts to insurance fraud ( Consider how much insurance is needed in all aspects of running a franchise, the NBA as a whole does not want to go to war with the insurance industry in general) and a backdoor way for teams to convert cap hold dollars into real dollars ( Player X counts against the cap, but insurance is paying out a chunk of the actual cash hit, allowing team to hit the salary floor but not paying cash that equalizes to the salary floor)

Frank N and his agent obviously want to do well for his next contract. This needs to happen by way of doing well on another team that has his Bird Rights. Which means a trade and means the sooner the better. Accepting a fake injury means no non Knicks team will want to trade for him.

There is no reason for Frank N to accept this kind of scenario you present, it only hurts him.

If the Knicks truly wanted him gone, they'd have sent him out in the Zinger deal ( Carlisle and Donnie Nelson both really like Frank N in general) He's in his 2nd year, there's no pressure to move him now on the Knicks side.

I thought Dallas had a lot of interest in Frank, especially at the 2017 draft. After the KP trade I listened to a podcast with the guy that writes about the Mavs for The Athletic. He said the Mavs had no interest in Frank. I think Frank has been mentioned in a Tim for Matthews deal prior to the KP trade.

The only teams that had major interest was the suns and magic for obvious reason, I think the knicks turned down the offers because the want wait til the summer

ES
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

3/8/2019  1:41 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:I would have to agree with some on here that this is the last step in ridding the place of the Triangle Smell.

Done

New billionaire owner with Napoleonic tendancies:

1. Goes all in on AD.
2. Hires Jerry West as "Consultant"
3. We bring in Durant and Kyrie
4. We trade everything for veteran players
5. Rainman takes over the UK
6. Knicks lose in Conf. Finals for two years.
7. AD has a bad back, KD and Kyrie opt out. DSjr Starburies us, and Trier signs with Nets.
8. We are back were we started, Napoleonic owner is indicted for fraud with the SEC, team has to slash payroll.
9. MSG loses lease as new Penn Station is announced. Team has two years to vacate. They decide to play in Newark until new arena is build in White plains.
10. Obama, Lebron and Jay Z sign letter of intent to buy team. White Plains arena is scrapped due to Union bickering and extortion. New Arena is announced for rail yards area of NYC for 100 gazillion dollars and will be operated by MSG via Dolan.
11. Lebron announces he is coming out of retirement to play one more season with his son at age 41. He has exhumed the testes of Wilt Chamberlin and is blood doping in Germany with it. Lavar Ball is institutionalized.
12. Spike Lee wins an Oscar for the Movie "GodZingis" vs. Godzilla.
13. Frank is the league MVP after leading the Timberwolves to there second consecutive championship.
14 President Mark Cuban is elated with the leagues diversity. His blind trust owns the Mavs and Becky Hammons is Coach of the year. The team loses in the west conf finals when team chemistry is ruined when its rumored KP impregnated her.

This post is destined to become a Nalod classic! Funny shyte homey.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2019  1:48 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Are we all serious to believe Frank's groin is keeping him out this long?

I am literally flabbergasted.

Please tell us of your medical background and expertise with sports injuries. Let us know what you know about Franks particular case. Let us know any info you’ve come across with other groin injuries to other NBA player.

Let’s start there

I get that groin injuries take a while - but the kid is how young? And he is still hurt?

I do honestly wonder if they are holding him back partly because he has looked so bad. Maybe by keeping him out, they can keep his value up for an off season move?

I don't think that is wild speculation.

Speculate all you want. Without any information at all. It’s not a good look.

Read Berman’s article tonight —- it basically confirms my thoughts. Fiz said 1-2 weeks and we are now near 6 weeks. I played college hoops and many years after have strained my groin a few times and it is a quick recovery...much less of an issue vs say a hammy.

Bottom line Knicks are dicking around with Frank....and they have since he arrived...maybe mostly because he was a Phil pick.

Your background in sports injuries is that you played college hoops and strained your groin before?

That covers it?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/8/2019  1:49 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I'm not saying Frank is a legit PG or that he has played as well as I'd/we had hoped --- I just think he is getting some odd treatment from the front office (Knick's Knicking) -- his groin would have to be off the bone to be out six weeks (it's laughable really) --- somebody find me 2 other cases where a groin injury kept an NBA player out 6 weeks.

It is possible Frank has gone behind the scenes (as I noted in my original post) and requested a trade (per your passive comment) but I just don't buy he is injured still --- hoping I am wrong and he is back soon.

Out a month, 5 weeks?

Nalod
USA
3/8/2019  2:24 PM
I have a groin. I am uniquely qualified.
martin
USA
3/8/2019  2:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Thoughts?

Just don't believe it, or maybe how it is reported. When the trade went down the Mavs had plenty of salary exchange cushion to, for example, take on Frank instead of Burke, and any franchise I would assume would have wanted that asset (Frank over Trey). Would Mavs want Frank over Doncic as a lead guard? Obviously not. But I just don't believe that they would have turned down such a scenario.

Maybe they didn't want Frank included at the expense of giving up extra picks or something but the flat denial of wanting Frank in general makes zero sense.

Lots of context and grey area there

CrushAlot
USA
3/8/2019  2:52 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Thoughts?

Just don't believe it, or maybe how it is reported. When the trade went down the Mavs had plenty of salary exchange cushion to, for example, take on Frank instead of Burke, and any franchise I would assume would have wanted that asset (Frank over Trey). Would Mavs want Frank over Doncic as a lead guard? Obviously not. But I just don't believe that they would have turned down such a scenario.

Maybe they didn't want Frank included at the expense of giving up extra picks or something but the flat denial of wanting Frank in general makes zero sense.

Lots of context and grey area there

I was surprised. The writer is Tim Cato. He seems like a pretty informed guy and is around the Mavs. There wasn't any malice in what he said. I think the proposed trade was Tim and Frank for Wesley Matthews. He said the interest was on the Knicks end.
CrushAlot
USA
3/8/2019  3:09 PM
On the film School pod Macri said that to get two max slots the Knicks can't bring back both Trier and Dot on their current contracts if they bring Frank back. Not a ton of detail was given and he did say the Knicks could bring both guys back with Frank but it would be more complicated.
Frank and the groin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy