knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:https://www.bball-index.com/fizdale-to-blame-for-knoxs-struggles/

Interesting article, shows how bad its been for Knox at times. Knox is 6th in MPG by a rookie this season. The writer doesnt seem to believe its playing a role in Knox's performance, but I do. He hit that rookie wall pretty hard.

There is no star to make things easier for Knox on the court, puts more pressure on him as a starter. He isnt shrinking from the moment, not close to being worried yet. Has all summer to work on his game.

I also think expectations of Knox were raised due to his summer league performance and being a Kentucky/Calipari player. The reality is not all of Calipari's guys hit the ground running from day one. It took Eric Bledsoe, Jamal Murray, Devin Booker, and Cauley-Stein some time before becoming who they are. We need to give Knox some time. Let's see what he does during his first NBA off-season.

Besides, based on their rookie performances so far the only first rounder you could even discuss drafting over Knox who was available at this spot is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who is a full year older than he is.

The one thing that worries me about Knox is the whole motor issue. That was the knock (no pun intended) on him coming out of college and it has been brought up during his rookie year.

Good points, believe the lack of a star(s) on this team is putting more pressure on Knox to deliver sooner rather than later, as a starter. More is expected of him. How many teams have no stars in the starting lineup? Its not a normal situation for an 18 year old rook.

Ive seen enough not to be too concerned about Knox's motor at this point. Look at how many changes to the rotation there have been, lots of different teammates. Will have a better idea of what kind of player Knox will become, when the rotation isnt so fluid. Im encouraged by the way he has battled through all the craziness this season.

The only thing knox, Trier, and most of the knicks young players are developing is TUNNEL VISION.

All you have to do is take a look at franks first 10 games in the NBA(his best as a pro) and his last 20 (his worst as a pro)..thats a good indication of how the knicks development process is working.

Also a good point. Agree about the lack of ball movement as well, at times this season. Its a legit concern IMO. Agree about that.

As Welpee mentioned, the knock on Knox was his perceived lack of motor coming out of college. The benefit of letting Knox play with some tunnel vision, is that it helps him develop a more aggressive mindset.

Trier right now is instant offense. He's got the green light. You're on the money that both Knox and Trier have to be better distributors next season. If we do get some big time FAs, they're going to demand it. Right now I see two players in the lab, in part because of the tank, and the lack of stars.

Do you yourself have any bad habits, tell me how difficult it is to break certain bad habits.

Yeah then want him to keep shooting and being aggressive so he can improve his motor, which shuts on and off like a light switch. So while they think there fixing one problem, it's creating another, which is his utter disregard for playing winning basketball.

The only way for him to change is to be around 11 guys that don't think or play like him..

Yes, giving you the benefit of the doubt. You make it sound like a traumatic brain injury will result in Knox being unable to share the rock for the rest of his career.

Its about reps. If Knox doesnt have an offense, he wont draw enough attention to make him an effective passer. Has to become a threat first. This is a unique opportunity for these rooks to work on their games in season, in a way they probably wont be able to again. Unless the Knicks totally whiff in free agency.

what do you mean by that, Guys don't pass the ball until they learn how to score???? maaaan this guy is barely avg 1 assist..cmon dude...that sounds like another excuse...he avg 1 assist in college.

Anytime i see a player taking it to the hole just looking for contact with very little chance of the shot going in, going 1 on 3, and shooting 32 pct from the floor...he is a loser to me, and that's piss poor developing. WTF is FIz teaching these kids, how to go 1 on 4

Calling an 18 year old rook a "loser" because he doesnt play ball the way you want doesnt make you sound like a winner. Far from it. Thats what Fizdale wants him to do...learn.

Knox isnt routinely going one on four, or one on 3. Making that up.

You are a threat on offense, you end up drawing double teams, thats how Knox becoming a scorer will open up the floor for his teammates, and make it easier to find them. Not saying he cant learn to pass as well. Am saying that a very raw player like Knox needs all the takes to the rim, FG attempts he can get. A season with no stars and and a plan to tank is the perfect time for Knox to find his game. That should be his main focus this season.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2019  4:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:https://www.bball-index.com/fizdale-to-blame-for-knoxs-struggles/

Interesting article, shows how bad its been for Knox at times. Knox is 6th in MPG by a rookie this season. The writer doesnt seem to believe its playing a role in Knox's performance, but I do. He hit that rookie wall pretty hard.

There is no star to make things easier for Knox on the court, puts more pressure on him as a starter. He isnt shrinking from the moment, not close to being worried yet. Has all summer to work on his game.

I also think expectations of Knox were raised due to his summer league performance and being a Kentucky/Calipari player. The reality is not all of Calipari's guys hit the ground running from day one. It took Eric Bledsoe, Jamal Murray, Devin Booker, and Cauley-Stein some time before becoming who they are. We need to give Knox some time. Let's see what he does during his first NBA off-season.

Besides, based on their rookie performances so far the only first rounder you could even discuss drafting over Knox who was available at this spot is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who is a full year older than he is.

The one thing that worries me about Knox is the whole motor issue. That was the knock (no pun intended) on him coming out of college and it has been brought up during his rookie year.

Good points, believe the lack of a star(s) on this team is putting more pressure on Knox to deliver sooner rather than later, as a starter. More is expected of him. How many teams have no stars in the starting lineup? Its not a normal situation for an 18 year old rook.

Ive seen enough not to be too concerned about Knox's motor at this point. Look at how many changes to the rotation there have been, lots of different teammates. Will have a better idea of what kind of player Knox will become, when the rotation isnt so fluid. Im encouraged by the way he has battled through all the craziness this season.

The only thing knox, Trier, and most of the knicks young players are developing is TUNNEL VISION.

All you have to do is take a look at franks first 10 games in the NBA(his best as a pro) and his last 20 (his worst as a pro)..thats a good indication of how the knicks development process is working.

Also a good point. Agree about the lack of ball movement as well, at times this season. Its a legit concern IMO. Agree about that.

As Welpee mentioned, the knock on Knox was his perceived lack of motor coming out of college. The benefit of letting Knox play with some tunnel vision, is that it helps him develop a more aggressive mindset.

Trier right now is instant offense. He's got the green light. You're on the money that both Knox and Trier have to be better distributors next season. If we do get some big time FAs, they're going to demand it. Right now I see two players in the lab, in part because of the tank, and the lack of stars.

Do you yourself have any bad habits, tell me how difficult it is to break certain bad habits.

Yeah then want him to keep shooting and being aggressive so he can improve his motor, which shuts on and off like a light switch. So while they think there fixing one problem, it's creating another, which is his utter disregard for playing winning basketball.

The only way for him to change is to be around 11 guys that don't think or play like him..

The Rainman thinks as others are like him. It’s normal to assume others think as you do.
But they don’t. “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus”. You cannot peg others as do Yourself.
I doubt you’ll believe in this from me but you might want to look this up. You’d be surprised to learn others think differently from you. “Seek to understand then be understood”.

jskinny35
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #928
USA
3/25/2019  6:45 PM

THIS!
We would have hoped that instead of standing at the 3 ready to chuck all season - he would focus in different ways when his low % shot was not falling. Yes he's young and can still develop, but agree 100% that continuing to chuck and not focus on guarding your man, passing the ball or moving more without the ball is bad for his development. I'm biased toward players that appear motivated and take offense to getting scored on... not a fan of guys who look and play like they're on cruise control. As great as Durant is - there's not many like him. While I think he still has a lot of potential and is growing - I'd be fine dumping him for another young prospect that plays hard. Maybe if Durant and Kyrie come - he'll sit for the year and learn by watching...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/25/2019  7:07 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Do you yourself have any bad habits, tell me how difficult it is to break certain bad habits.

THIS!
We would have hoped that instead of standing at the 3 ready to chuck all season - he would focus in different ways when his low % shot was not falling. Yes he's young and can still develop, but agree 100% that continuing to chuck and not focus on guarding your man, passing the ball or moving more without the ball is bad for his development. I'm biased toward players that appear motivated and take offense to getting scored on... not a fan of guys who look and play like they're on cruise control. As great as Durant is - there's not many like him. While I think he still has a lot of potential and is growing - I'd be fine dumping him for another young prospect that plays hard. Maybe if Durant and Kyrie come - he'll sit for the year and learn by watching...

We would hope if Knox's coach tells him to keep being aggressive, he would listen to him. Was recently quoted as saying that as long as the the mistakes are due to Knox being aggressive, Fizdale and the rest of the team can live with it. Apparently you cant.

This season is about two things, Zion and developing players. Thats it. There are only a handful of players who will be on the roster next season. The ones who do, need to work on their game.

When the starting lineup has All-Stars, elite players, Knox, Trier, will be encouraged to share the rock. Wont have a choice. Dont believe some posters appreciate the opportunity for Knox, Trier to develop a game without costing the team anything. Its free time fans should be glad they are taking advantage of. Rather see this than an extra season to develop a game.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/26/2019  10:31 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/26/2019  11:19 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

As Fizz stated earlier in the year. Knox eventually being a dude that can get buckets has never been a concern. Being a one dimensional scorer isn't gonna appeal to fans though. Unless he is making others better. We have had our fill of those. Harrison Barnes got his 20mil from Dallas as a code player and then got dumped after 2 lottery seasons. I'm hoping that Knox has more depth than Barnes.

Fans will start to get excited when he starts to show a more complete game. One thing he does have in his arsenal that will probably get utilized more as he progresses. Is his ability to move without the ball in catch and shoot. Him and Dotson could both work well within a system where they both constantly move catch and shoot down the road. Offense would look a lot cleaner.

Very surprised that Devin Booker isn't on that list. Don't see how he can be left out? Edit I see he shot only 32% from 3. Also supprised to see Marbury hit 100 3 his rookie yr.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/26/2019  11:38 AM
Tale of 2 rookies...

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
2003-04 19(3rd) DEN NBA SF 82 82 36.5 7.6 17.9 .426 0.8 2.6 .322 6.8 15.3 .444 .449 5.0 6.4 .777 2.2 3.8 6.1 2.8 1.2 0.5 3.0 2.7 21.0
2018-19 19(9th) NYK NBA PF 67 49 28.2 4.4 12.0 .369 1.6 4.7 .349 2.8 7.3 .382 .438 2.1 2.8 .735 0.8 3.5 4.3 1.0 0.6 0.3 1.4 2.4 12.6
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/26/2019  11:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

As Fizz stated earlier in the year. Knox eventually being a dude that can get buckets has never been a concern. Being a one dimensional scorer isn't gonna appeal to fans though. Unless he is making others better. We have had our fill of those. Harrison Barnes got his 20mil from Dallas as a code player and then got dumped after 2 lottery seasons. I'm hoping that Knox has more depth than Barnes.

Fans will start to get excited when he starts to show a more complete game. One thing he does have in his arsenal that will probably get utilized more as he progresses. Is his ability to move without the ball in catch and shoot. Him and Dotson could both work well within a system where they both constantly move catch and shoot down the road. Offense would look a lot cleaner.

Very surprised that Devin Booker isn't on that list. Don't see how he can be left out? Edit I see he shot only 32% from 3. Also supprised to see Marbury hit 100 3 his rookie yr.

he will get better. Right now he looks like he just hit puberty so I guess it's to be expected. But he was awful this year

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/26/2019  12:29 PM
There were some good rebounding games, some good % games, and some bad ones.
The fact is he can play in the NBA and as said, looks a teen build out there.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/26/2019  1:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

That stat seems kind of cherry picked. I don't even need to look up the stats of the other guys mentioned to know they had better rookie seasons than Knox. That said, I Knox's three -point shooting has been a bright spot this rookie season. He's really young, so it's encouraging that he's already doing something at a near NBA level.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/26/2019  4:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That stat seems kind of cherry picked. I don't even need to look up the stats of the other guys mentioned to know they had better rookie seasons than Knox. That said, I Knox's three -point shooting has been a bright spot this rookie season. He's really young, so it's encouraging that he's already doing something at a near NBA level.

You think? What's next? At least 200 3Pt attempts where his feet were more than 6 inches off the ground and his form was better than an average replacement player on an average team during weeks where there were full moons?

He's not that good. But he's 19. Whoop de dam doo. He's not going anywhere, but he's also cheap.
See ya next season.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/26/2019  4:31 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Zion is 19, Doncic is 19, trey young just turned 20...

Knox is just not really that good, i mean lets not kid ourselves here.

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/26/2019  5:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Zion is 19, Doncic is 19, trey young just turned 20...

Knox is just not really that good, i mean lets not kid ourselves here.

Good enough for 9th pick.
The rest is up to him and we will see in 2-3 years not earlier on the Knicks or elsewhere.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
3/26/2019  6:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Do you yourself have any bad habits, tell me how difficult it is to break certain bad habits.

THIS!

We would hope if Knox's coach tells him to keep being aggressive, he would listen to him. Was recently quoted as saying that as long as the the mistakes are due to Knox being aggressive, Fizdale and the rest of the team can live with it. Apparently you cant.

This season is about two things, Zion and developing players. Thats it. There are only a handful of players who will be on the roster next season. The ones who do, need to work on their game.

When the starting lineup has All-Stars, elite players, Knox, Trier, will be encouraged to share the rock. Wont have a choice. Dont believe some posters appreciate the opportunity for Knox, Trier to develop a game without costing the team anything. Its free time fans should be glad they are taking advantage of. Rather see this than an extra season to develop a game.

Fiz tells Knox this because his first problem is he has a suspect motor - he has to establish this before he can work on his actual game. That's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of his. We need this whole year to help him gain motivation to play defense, play hard, move without the ball, etc... Year 2 he can hopefully work on skill building, toughness, defensive grit...

What I would want to see from him - more important then him hitting open 3s defensive hustle, teamwork, etc... you don't have to be talented, skilled and physically imposing to look like you're playing hard. There's been s few nice blocks which show how good he could possibly be defensively - but hopefully he will meet the Tin Man in Year 2 and the both of them will acquire a heart...

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/27/2019  8:44 AM
jskinny35 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

THIS!

Fiz tells Knox this because his first problem is he has a suspect motor - he has to establish this before he can work on his actual game. That's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of his. We need this whole year to help him gain motivation to play defense, play hard, move without the ball, etc... Year 2 he can hopefully work on skill building, toughness, defensive grit...

What I would want to see from him - more important then him hitting open 3s defensive hustle, teamwork, etc... you don't have to be talented, skilled and physically imposing to look like you're playing hard. There's been s few nice blocks which show how good he could possibly be defensively - but hopefully he will meet the Tin Man in Year 2 and the both of them will acquire a heart...

Gustav, here's the first thing Labron notice, and it's the first thing I mention on this thread,
which is why i said he's killing us

Knox is averaging one assist per game — a number James told Knox he had noticed.

IMO if your not passing the ball and only worrying about being an aggressive scorer, get him the hell off my team, I don't care if this was high school. To me, that's the ultimate selfish player, i have zero tolerance for that on any level. 1 ast is an embarrassing stat for a player who's usage rate is tops on the team. That's a mind set that you never want a player to develop..

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/27/2019  1:33 PM
jskinny35 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

THIS!

I'm with you...
Knox reminds me of a crappier Eddy Curry, meaning, he hangs out on the perimeter and can't score with any real efficiency

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/27/2019  2:52 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

THIS!

I'm with you...
Knox reminds me of a crappier Eddy Curry, meaning, he hangs out on the perimeter and can't score with any real efficiency

a crappier eddy curry?? i gotta tell you that made me laugh. it's difficult to imagine an actually crappier eddy curry

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/30/2019  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/30/2019  10:25 PM
Ok, so I watched a game, finally. Yeah you might say I could watch recorded games and you would be right. Somehow I like the gamenight feeling. Anyway, tonight against Mia I was able to stay up and see another game from Knox for myself. Offense first: What I saw was an opportunistic scorer who lets the game come to him, for a rookie. He drives quite a lot to beat the defender who is closing in. He takes the 3 when open. Thats veteran like recognition of the best way to take advantage. When his body fills out he will be able to raise his % at the rim and that should open up his 3 point shot as well. The way he attacks the defense is proper. The main thing he is agressive with good form and recognition.
On defense: He actually tries on D. Thats KEY. Lateral speed could use improvement and that means he has already lateral movement. Silly rookie fouls that give oppenents and-1s will go away I assume. Overall his D is not as bad as I originally thought.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/30/2019  10:37 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Ok, so I watched a game, finally. Yeah you might say I could watch recorded games and you would be right. Somehow I like the gamenight feeling. Anyway, tonight against Mia I was able to stay up and see another game from Knox for myself. Offense first: What I saw was an opportunistic scorer who lets the game come to him, for a rookie. He drives quite a lot to beat the defender who is closing in. He takes the 3 when open. Thats veteran like recognition of the best way to take advantage. When his body fills out he will be able to raise his % at the rim and that should open up his 3 point shot as well. The way he attacks the defense is proper. The main thing he is agressive with good form and recognition.
On defense: He actually tries on D. Thats KEY. Lateral speed could use improvement and that means he has already lateral movement. Silly rookie fouls that give oppenents and-1s will go away I assume. Overall his D is not as bad as I originally thought.
Thanks for the assessment. I have been taping games since the start of the NCAA tourney but haven’t watched them. I caught about ten minutes of the game tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Damn Knox your killing us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy