[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Damn Knox your killing us
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
3/4/2019  12:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  12:19 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2822874-metrics-101-exposing-the-nbas-worst-defender-at-every-position?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba#slide3

KEVIN KNOX

DBPM: minus-2.5

DRPM: minus-3.49

D-PIPM: minus-1.8

That Kevin Knox needs to work on his defense isn't exactly a surprise.

That was the big knock on his game prior to the 2018 NBA draft, and it's remained his biggest bugaboo despite shooting only 36.2 percent from the field throughout his initial campaign. New York Knicks head coach David Fizdale didn't mince words on the topic in late December, per Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News:

"I'm really looking at his defense and his rebounding. Those are the other areas that I'm really hammering on. The scoring, I'm telling you this kid is just going to get better and better at the scoring because he's a natural with that. But what we're really harping on him with his is defending and rebounding. Those are the things we're really drilling."

Since that article's publication, the Knicks have allowed 105.9 points per 100 possessions without the 19-year-old on the floor. When he plays, that defensive rating skyrockets to a putrid 112.1—an effect that can be attributed to his cinderblock feet and late reactions, as evidenced by a minus-3.49 DRPM that ranks No. 88 among the 88 players listed as small forwards by ESPN.

Positional versatility is coveted in today's NBA, but Knox's shoddy defense should earn him the dreaded "tweener" label—on that end of the floor, at least. Listed at just 215 pounds despite his 6'9" frame, he doesn't have the strength to hang with bigger forwards who bully him for deep post position or the foot speed necessary to prevent quicker wings from blowing by him en route to uncontested finishes at the hoop.

THAT RECENT CLEVELAND LOST, WAS a perfect example of our bad he is, because when he came back in the game, we were horrible bad in an instant

why did the FO and the coach PREACH, DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE AS THE #1 PRIORITY all summer long, and then go out and draft a guy who had major defense question marks and motor issues coming in. He's worse than Melo, Amare and kanter..

ES
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
3/4/2019  12:20 PM
You just love hearing people (cough cough Nalod cough cough) telling you over and over again how old Knox is, right?
knicks1248
3/4/2019  12:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:You just love hearing people (cough cough Nalod cough cough) telling you over and over again how old Knox is, right?

when Melo was 19 they said he would be a better defender, same for Amare, same for kanter, Knox is a flat out horrendous defender that only cares about scoring..

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/4/2019  1:07 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:You just love hearing people (cough cough Nalod cough cough) telling you over and over again how old Knox is, right?

when Melo was 19 they said he would be a better defender, same for Amare, same for kanter, Knox is a flat out horrendous defender that only cares about scoring..

He was drafted as a project with high upside. They would've drafted the Bridges if they wanted immediate contributions. It is what it is. I'm looking for him to bounce back later this season.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2019  1:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Melo is going to the HOF. AMare was a perennial allstar.
Kanter is not your litmus test either.
Knicks are not a good team this season.
You look at the NBA scoring avg. going up? Defense is not strong with many.
Yet, you harp on Franks inconsistent scoring but ignore his defensive skills.

TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
3/4/2019  1:49 PM
Knox does play with cinder block shoes and is not a small forward. He needs to bulk up in the offseason and play the 4. If we do get the #1 and draft Zion, then will look to trade him.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
3/4/2019  1:51 PM
he's gassed. the guy isn't strong enough. he hit the rookie wall a long time ago and isn't coming through it.
knicks1248
3/4/2019  2:25 PM

he was getting abused by other 18/19 yr olds last season

and oh yeah, he pass the ball just much last year as this yr..1.4 assist

he will get stronger, but he's not going to get much smarter, and his effort will always be off and on

ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

3/4/2019  3:13 PM
anrst wrote:he's gassed. the guy isn't strong enough. he hit the rookie wall a long time ago and isn't coming through it.

Yeah! Knox hit the rookie WALL late in Dec. however, Knox selfish individual no defensive-effort performance has been GREAT for the Knicks inexperience head coach Fizdale race toward ZION.
I was frighten the other night when the Knicks were out scoring the Cavs every quarter for the win, until Fizdale put Knox in the game the final 5 minutes of crunch time and Knox selfish act lose the game.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/4/2019  4:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2822874-metrics-101-exposing-the-nbas-worst-defender-at-every-position?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba#slide3

KEVIN KNOX

That was the big knock on his game prior to the 2018 NBA draft, and it's remained his biggest bugaboo despite shooting only 36.2 percent from the field throughout his initial campaign. New York Knicks head coach David Fizdale didn't mince words on the topic in late December, per Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News:

"I'm really looking at his defense and his rebounding. Those are the other areas that I'm really hammering on. The scoring, I'm telling you this kid is just going to get better and better at the scoring because he's a natural with that. But what we're really harping on him with his is defending and rebounding. Those are the things we're really drilling."

Since that article's publication, the Knicks have allowed 105.9 points per 100 possessions without the 19-year-old on the floor. When he plays, that defensive rating skyrockets to a putrid 112.1—an effect that can be attributed to his cinderblock feet and late reactions, as evidenced by a minus-3.49 DRPM that ranks No. 88 among the 88 players listed as small forwards by ESPN.

Positional versatility is coveted in today's NBA, but Knox's shoddy defense should earn him the dreaded "tweener" label—on that end of the floor, at least. Listed at just 215 pounds despite his 6'9" frame, he doesn't have the strength to hang with bigger forwards who bully him for deep post position or the foot speed necessary to prevent quicker wings from blowing by him en route to uncontested finishes at the hoop.

THAT RECENT CLEVELAND LOST, WAS a perfect example of our bad he is, because when he came back in the game, we were horrible bad in an instant

why did the FO and the coach PREACH, DEFENSE..DEFENSE..DEFENSE AS THE #1 PRIORITY all summer long, and then go out and draft a guy who had major defense question marks and motor issues coming in. He's worse than Melo, Amare and kanter..

Man the kid is 19!consistancy is the number one issue with ANY 19 year old... kids probably going to be the next Paul George by the time he’s 22... remember PG13 sucked his rookie year too.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
3/4/2019  4:49 PM
Knicks got trashed for the last player they picked in the lottery for defensive purposes. Knox has pretty much performed like a 2nd round pick. But there is no agenda after him so he can rest easy being 19 years old.

There is no proven formula to the lottery as much as people tried to make it seem that way last draft. You take players who are young and have potential. And try to weigh on how they will improve their games and weaknesses. How strong is their work ethics? Do they have high characters? Do they love and live for the game or is it just a job?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/4/2019  5:14 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2822874-metrics-101-exposing-the-nbas-worst-defender-at-every-position?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nba#slide3

KEVIN KNOX

Man the kid is 19!consistancy is the number one issue with ANY 19 year old... kids probably going to be the next Paul George by the time he’s 22... remember PG13 sucked his rookie year too.

I agree with everything you said, except the Paul George part. George was a legitimate rotation player his rookie year. He was also older when he came into the league. I don't see Knox being Paul George, but I can still see him developing into a frontline starter. It's tough for many teens to get their footing, especially in a freelance office like this. At least wait for him to get season in.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/4/2019  5:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  5:30 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Knicks got trashed for the last player they picked in the lottery for defensive purposes. Knox has pretty much performed like a 2nd round pick. But there is no agenda after him so he can rest easy being 19 years old.

There is no proven formula to the lottery as much as people tried to make it seem that way last draft. You take players who are young and have potential. And try to weigh on how they will improve their games and weaknesses. How strong is their work ethics? Do they have high characters? Do they love and live for the game or is it just a job?

If Knox was showing the same offensively challenged game that Frank has shown since being drafted, you would hear a lot more concern. Knox was named rookie of the month for his production on offense. Not one good game, then weeks (if not months) before we see another good one. Like we saw often with Frank.

Knox doesnt look as fast as he did early in the season, looks spent. Frank got 20 minutes every game like clockwork his rookie season. Cant remember another Knicks rookie in recent memory who was treated with kid gloves the way Frank was. Was the right thing to do, given his age, new to this country, the NBA, and his lack of conditioning. Knox hasnt had that kind of consistency in his minutes, or his place in the rotation.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/4/2019  6:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  6:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Knicks got trashed for the last player they picked in the lottery for defensive purposes. Knox has pretty much performed like a 2nd round pick. But there is no agenda after him so he can rest easy being 19 years old.

If Knox was showing the same offensively challenged game that Frank has shown since being drafted, you would hear a lot more concern. Knox was named rookie of the month for his production on offense. Not one good game, then weeks (if not months) before we see another good one. Like we saw often with Frank.

Knox doesnt look as fast as he did early in the season, looks spent. Frank got 20 minutes every game like clockwork his rookie season. Cant remember another Knicks rookie in recent memory who was treated with kid gloves the way Frank was. Was the right thing to do, given his age, new to this country, the NBA, and his lack of conditioning. Knox hasnt had that kind of consistency in his minutes, or his place in the rotation.

We are discussing 2 teens in the league of Superhumans.
I am not even going into discussion about NBA prospects before they are at least 22.
We are not talking Lebrons of Zions of the world.
On any winning team both Frank and Knox will hardly get 5 min a game in garbage time and a bunch of DNPs.
We see them playing a lot at this young age only because Knicks sucks and there are no better layers in front of them and no reason not give them as much minutes as they can handle. Sure this exposing their weaknesses, age, physical and mental immaturity.
But this will go along way in their development and evaluation.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Ira
Member: #91
3/4/2019  7:15 PM
Taking the long view, Knox is helping the Knicks get a better chance of drafting Zion.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/4/2019  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  7:45 PM
TLover wrote:Knox does play with cinder block shoes and is not a small forward. He needs to bulk up in the offseason and play the 4. If we do get the #1 and draft Zion, then will look to trade him.

I think he is gone for cap space if we get stars I believe his game is hopeless. Kid is a chucker with nothing else to his game. If he was just shooting poorly I could see him turning it around but he does Nothing well. If we can trade him for a protected first and cap space this off-season it should be done, Frank too. Mitchell, DSJ, Dotson, and Trier are the only ones worth keeping
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/4/2019  7:35 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

KEVIN KNOX

ummm...That's definitely not true

fitzfarm

3/4/2019  9:52 PM

knicks1248 wrote:

he was getting abused by other 18/19 yr olds last season

and oh yeah, he pass the ball just much last year as this yr..1.4 assist

he will get stronger, but he's not going to get much smarter, and his effort will always be off and on

I couldn’t disagree more, what kind of 19 year old do you know that is mentality peeked, and if so the world is more scary place then I originally thought. I feel just from personal experience you always evolve over time, I know I will be wiser then I am now, 5 years from now. And I’m a lot older then 19

As a ball player your athletic peak is 28-32 . That’s 10 years away for Knox.... the kid probably still has his mom cook him food. He has to learn how to have a better work ethic. If knox puts in the work and is motivated the sky is the limit. I have seen Knox show flashes on both ends.

I expect Knox to become a all star in this league ... he is neither mentally developed or physically developed and he surely will be a smarter player in 6 months from now and he’ll be a way smarter player 5 years from now at the ripe age of 24.

Come on man!

I agree Knox is struggling and has hit numerous rookie walls. There still is no denying his talent in his draft class he’s still a top 10 pick.

It’s like trashing a great player in his rookie year like fans did with Trevor ariza, who was a raw 20 year old and because of the fan botching and NY media pressure we traded away a great talent that was only a few years away from being a great 3 and D player for years...

Let’s learn from our mistakes and not give up on a 19 year old kid loaded with untapped talent...

fitzfarm

3/4/2019  10:08 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

KEVIN KNOX

ummm...That's definitely not true

Umm yea he did the guy shot 29% from 3 and averaged 7 pts per game . Knox is averaging almost 13 pts a game. Oh and PG13 was still a wimpy kid in college at 19... he didn’t even debut till 20 and a half . PG13 had a very underwhelming rookie year.

So Knox is almost averaging double what PG13 did his rookie and Knox is doing it a whole year younger ...

Give the child a chance to mature, if the pacers gave up on PG13 after a aweful rookie showing and traded him they would have never got the haul they did from OKC .... if they did trade him after a dismal rookie season... it would have been a very knick like move to give up on a young talent like PG13.

Again let’s not throw a 19 year old kid under the bus for being a 19 year old kid playing vs grown men.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

3/4/2019  10:11 PM
anrst wrote:he's gassed. the guy isn't strong enough. he hit the rookie wall a long time ago and isn't coming through it.
Sure looks like it
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Damn Knox your killing us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy