[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wake up Call
Author Thread
ccch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3876

3/3/2019  12:40 PM
I just had a wake up call...Looking back, I would have never bet we would only have 13 wins going into March. Something is definitely wrong with this organization. It's not like they don't have the market or money to run a franchise.
AUTOADVERT
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
3/3/2019  12:51 PM
ccch wrote:I just had a wake up call...Looking back, I would have never bet we would only have 13 wins going into March. Something is definitely wrong with this organization. It's not like they don't have the market or money to run a franchise.

So you are saying you have been asleep the whole time we were tanking this year? Playing rookies over vets? Player development? Bringing in failed lottery picks? Mario Hezonja? smh. If anything the time for that wake up call was when we glued Kanter to the bench
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2019  1:00 PM
Stay woke
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

3/3/2019  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:Stay woke

Or rather stay sleep

Nalod
USA
3/3/2019  1:15 PM
ccch wrote:I just had a wake up call...Looking back, I would have never bet we would only have 13 wins going into March. Something is definitely wrong with this organization. It's not like they don't have the market or money to run a franchise.

Most of us would not have believed. We thought KP be. Back on minute restriction and shaking the rust. Likely another lottery pick and room to sign a stud in the off season.
Frank showing promise, Knox top 5 rookie and trier/Mitch glued to the bench. 32 wins, maybe sniff .500 and low playoff seeding with KP giving us the glimpse of a future.

Not meant to be and if you can’t give KP the keys to the franchise by paying I’m max money then. You reboot. John Wall teaches us what can happen. KP does not agree with knicks caution about him.

Think is, you can say what we should do and since this current season is not going well then you can say your offered concept is a better idea. Puff out your chest and be a hindsight genius.
If your a fan you can paint it as what it is and hope for what good can become of it. Anger, new management, or a better idea won’t fix today. Historic cap space, high lotttery pick, some good yoots and 7 picks in the next 5 years. We found more dry rot and had to fix the foundation. Renovating is a long slow expensive process. Do it right, you have something. Take a short cut you have unhidden problems.
choose your view. Defend it and have fun!

Nalod
USA
3/3/2019  1:17 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Stay woke

Or rather stay sleep

Yes, its a longer winter than we thought!!! Hibernate!!!

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/3/2019  3:40 PM
Even though we are tanking, I for one haven’t been this excited about our development in a long time. The fact that we will probably end up with a top 5 pick and enough money to add two top free agents.

This team has good bones, add a superstar we’d be a top 4 team in the east even this year..think how many games would this team have won with a Durant type star.

Next year my hopeful starting five

Mitch, this kid has all the talent in the world to be the next star center in the NBA.

Durant, he’s going to sign the largest shoe deal in the history of sports, Durant lifestyle brand gets on a Jordan brand level.when Durant retires Becoming the next player owner along with lebron.

Knox, at 19 I’m hopeful he takes a big step forward hanging arond the likes of D Jordan, and Durant will add to his growth.

Dotson, yes this kid is a awesome 2 way player who is a lights out shooter on the cheap heading into his prime years.

DSJR, kid can ball and is worth keeping around

Bench

D Jordan,!perfect mentor for Mitch and having a guy of his caliber off our bench is fantastic
Ellenson, this guy is impressive how he slipped through the cracks is crazy.
Zion, I probably should have switched and put Knox here Zion is gonna be scary good.
Trier, kid has the talent to be starter, perfect sixth man of the year candidate for a long time
Mudiay, I don’t want to say good bye to this kid he’s still only 22 younger then Dotson and trier

I love frank too, but he’s got to put in his work to become more consistent, with that said he’s a nice third pg off the bench. And if mudiay leaves he can easily contribute in that second unit.

I feel that can be a realistic off season and leaves us as contenders

We also have the flexibility to trade some people and get even stronger say we package DSJ, our number one and Knox and bring in AD ! A front court of Mitch,AD,Durant is scary good and if healthy
Could be a core to a championship team.

This team hasn’t been this set up for long term success like this since ....? Ever.... drafting Zion is on the level of drafting Ewing, if Ewing had Durant waiting!

I’m excited and have faith in our front office to build something special.

homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

3/3/2019  5:41 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Even though we are tanking, I for one haven’t been this excited about our development in a long time. The fact that we will probably end up with a top 5 pick and enough money to add two top free agents.

This team has good bones, add a superstar we’d be a top 4 team in the east even this year..think how many games would this team have won with a Durant type star.

Mitch, this kid has all the talent in the world to be the next star center in the NBA.

Durant, he’s going to sign the largest shoe deal in the history of sports, Durant lifestyle brand gets on a Jordan brand level.when Durant retires Becoming the next player owner along with lebron.

Knox, at 19 I’m hopeful he takes a big step forward hanging arond the likes of D Jordan, and Durant will add to his growth.

Dotson, yes this kid is a awesome 2 way player who is a lights out shooter on the cheap heading into his prime years.

Bench

D Jordan,!perfect mentor for Mitch and having a guy of his caliber off our bench is fantastic
Zion, I probably should have switched and put Knox here Zion is gonna be scary good.
Trier, kid has the talent to be starter, perfect sixth man of the year candidate for a long time
Mudiay, I don’t want to say good bye to this kid he’s still only 22 younger then Dotson and trier

I love frank too, but he’s got to put in his work to become more consistent, with that said he’s a nice third pg off the bench. And if mudiay leaves he can easily contribute in that second unit.

We also have the flexibility to trade some people and get even stronger say we package DSJ, our number one and Knox and bring in AD ! A front court of Mitch,AD,Durant is scary good and if healthy

This team hasn’t been this set up for long term success like this since ....? Ever.... drafting Zion is on the level of drafting Ewing, if Ewing had Durant waiting!

Zero chance Durant comes here if we aren't bringing in another star with him. Same for Kyrie or an AD extension if we trade for him.

It's going to have to be a package deal in some way. That's why I'm all for trading for AD if it's possible, that's a HUGE chip in our favor towards signing one of the elite FA's.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/4/2019  8:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  8:14 AM

I expected 29 wins with KP back in January and some cap room for one max...
The organisation acceded my expectations by wide margin.
Accumulating so much potential, assets, and financial flexibility in one year is astounding and very much Knick-unlike.
FO did everything to set team up for great off-season and moving forward.
We have multiple contentions against bad luck and clear idea on how to move forward.
Very impressed.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Nalod
USA
3/4/2019  8:30 AM
arkrud wrote:

I expected 29 wins with KP back in January and some cap room for one max...
The organisation acceded my expectations by wide margin.
Accumulating so much potential, assets, and financial flexibility in one year is astounding and very much Knick-unlike.
FO did everything to set team up for great off-season and moving forward.
We have multiple contentions against bad luck and clear idea on how to move forward.
Very impressed.

It would be so interesting to know plan A, B, C etc. We fans have our own agendas vs. what a FO has in terms of expectations and opportunities. Time and timing is so important. On the surface what happed with KP really sucks but when you look at the widow by which it went down and the potential further degradation of him as an asset its a different perspective.
I’ll be redundant to say “Luck: When preparation and opportunity collide”.......our bad luck was often not being prepared to seize opportunities because of short sightedness and Dolan’s impatience.
With him faded into the back ground we are prepared to dually keep building from within, make trades and cap space.
We as fans anticipate that Durant or whomever would NEED to win right away. Want and Need are very different. My take is Durant if he gets his Three peat would desire to do one one in NYC but we think its for legacy purpose. That might be partly true but Chips are no easy task and if not what are the other aspects to relocation? Enjoying living and playing? Building something? He can get the money else where. If he is a deep thinking and looking beyond is close approaching post career then there are other things. His objectives might be different than Kawahi and Kyrie. Both have rings and money but are younger. Boogie might also be in the mix.
It’s a bit overt that knicks are confident something is going to happen. That gives us hope.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/4/2019  8:37 AM
Lots of cap room, first round picks, good young players already on the roster, on cheap contracts. Surprised that anyone at this point cant see, that its about what comes next.

What will the Knicks do with these newly acquired assets? We dont know that yet, not sure why there is hand wringing over decisions that have yet to be made.

Lets see what Perry/Mills do with what they have.

arkrud
USA
3/4/2019  8:47 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Lots of cap room, first round picks, good young players already on the roster, on cheap contracts. Surprised that anyone at this point cant see, that its about what comes next.

What will the Knicks do with these newly acquired assets? We dont know that yet, not sure why there is hand wringing over decisions that have yet to be made.

Exactly true.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2019  9:53 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Lots of cap room, first round picks, good young players already on the roster, on cheap contracts. Surprised that anyone at this point cant see, that its about what comes next.

We have a couple of young players that have some talent (like every roster in the NBA) but they are not good, If they were good, we would have a good team.

Draft picks...can you believe that knox has shot over 50% just 3 times this entire season, same as frank...is that good?

ES
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/4/2019  10:06 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

We have a couple of young players that have some talent (like every roster in the NBA) but they are not good, If they were good, we would have a good team.

Draft picks...can you believe that knox has shot over 50% just 3 times this entire season, same as frank...is that good?

So young players, most still or not far from their teenage years, struggle and that makes them not good players? And your wisdom is that if they were good we would be a good team? smh

Young players are NOT EVEN CLOSE to their potential of being good players. They dont have to be good players yet. They are good prospects that are still struggling with the ups and downs of finding who they are as pro basketball players in a league that plays way more games than they did before and at a pace and intensity different.

You are probably one of those that have been clamoring for us to rebuild and get draft picks. WELCOME to the rebuild with draft picks! If the trip is too turbulent for your comfort, return in a few years.

Knicks_Fan
Nalod
USA
3/4/2019  11:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

Is it good now? No.
Is it good ever? Maybe.
Read my signature.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/4/2019  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  11:54 AM
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

So young players, most still or not far from their teenage years, struggle and that makes them not good players? And your wisdom is that if they were good we would be a good team? smh

Young players are NOT EVEN CLOSE to their potential of being good players. They dont have to be good players yet. They are good prospects that are still struggling with the ups and downs of finding who they are as pro basketball players in a league that plays way more games than they did before and at a pace and intensity different.

You are probably one of those that have been clamoring for us to rebuild and get draft picks. WELCOME to the rebuild with draft picks! If the trip is too turbulent for your comfort, return in a few years.

Trey young, KAT, KP, Mitchell, those are good young players, even mitch robinson.

I was never in favor of building entirely through the draft, because you have a 85% chance of draft knox and not tray..

you see what LA and Boston are going through, playing with young players that no longer give a fck because they all know they can be traded for a super star, or some one flat out better.

lets not forget this franchise hasn't resign a player they drafted since charlie ward, and mills continued that trend when he traded willy and KP.. so what rebuild are you really talking about, we are spinning our wheels here...

And i don't think anyone is crazy enough to believe KNOX and frank will be resigning once their rookie contracts expire

ES
arkrud
USA
3/4/2019  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2019  7:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Trey young, KAT, KP, Mitchell, those are good young players, even mitch robinson.

I was never in favor of building entirely through the draft, because you have a 85% chance of draft knox and not tray..

you see what LA and Boston are going through, playing with young players that no longer give a fck because they all know they can be traded for a super star, or some one flat out better.

lets not forget this franchise hasn't resign a player they drafted since charlie ward, and mills continued that trend when he traded willy and KP.. so what rebuild are you really talking about, we are spinning our wheels here...

And i don't think anyone is crazy enough to believe KNOX and frank will be resigning once their rookie contracts expire

We doing what we suppose to do - collecting basketball assets.
What is the assets names and what kind of players they are or can be is irrelevant.
They will be what they can be. No more no less.
If they will not be good players they will kick rocks.
If they will be they will play for us or will be traded for established players of need.
This is business not computer game.
A lot of hard boring work for many years to get a product which can compete and win.
If you are not up to following along a hard and tedious path Knicks took just stop investing your emotions into it and come back when the product will be ready to watch with enjoyment.
I like to see the road to success. It makes watching the result so much more enjoyable.

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/4/2019  10:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Willy was a lazy, entitled S.O.B. KP thinks it's all about him. No loyalty, no endurance. Let's see how it all shakes out.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

3/5/2019  7:04 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Even though we are tanking, I for one haven’t been this excited about our development in a long time. The fact that we will probably end up with a top 5 pick and enough money to add two top free agents.

Bench

Just Durant would not make this team a top 4 team. Most of the roster is useless. The more I watch the less I believe we will sign anyone. If you were Durant would you leave California playing with 3 other All Stars to come to NY to play for less money with 1. I just don't buy it. We will have another tank year next season. Hopefully we hit on a true superstar because this could go on for another 5 years.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
blkexec
Member: #748
3/5/2019  8:12 AM
This thread is very typical.

It doesnt matter how many wins we get.

If we dont win a ring, some will complain we shouldve tanked.

Now that we are tanking, some are complaining we shouldve won more games.

If only we could trade knick fans instead of players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Wake up Call

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy