ScoreBot
2/28/2019  10:10 PM
FINAL
NYK 118 CLE 125
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

2/28/2019  10:16 PM
bigjeep8 wrote:Can we hold a 12 point lead in the 4th?

We had them right where they wanted us.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Sambakick

2/28/2019  10:17 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
bigjeep8 wrote:Looks like we have turned the corner!
Can we turn the corner in May?

We turned the corner on our winning streak. That's technically a corner.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/28/2019  10:19 PM
Sambakick wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Shit at this point the Knicks are standing on all kinds of corners
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/28/2019  10:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2019  10:20 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Can we trade DSJr mudiay n Frank for sexton
Sexton averaging 3 asts per...no thanx
He's got the Cavs surrounding him. Which of our guards is averaging 5? To me he is relentless like the young DRose now imagine him next to KD n Kawhi?
How many assists does Curry average?
Assists isn't everything. Dude is shooting 40% from 3 for the season and that's after starting really bad which means he's probably shooting 50% from 3 lately

He is nowhere near as athletic as Rose! Rose was other worldly athletic at the pg spot. Sexton is in constant attack mode, which I like. He's a good prospect but I don't see him being a much better prospect than Smith...He shoots the 3 a lil better but Smith has better vision..we shall see...

Sambakick

2/28/2019  10:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Sambakick wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Shit at this point the Knicks are standing on all kinds of corners

I think they found Ellenson standing on the corner.
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

3/1/2019  12:47 AM
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Can we trade DSJr mudiay n Frank for sexton
Sexton averaging 3 asts per...no thanx
He's got the Cavs surrounding him. Which of our guards is averaging 5? To me he is relentless like the young DRose now imagine him next to KD n Kawhi?
How many assists does Curry average?
Assists isn't everything. Dude is shooting 40% from 3 for the season and that's after starting really bad which means he's probably shooting 50% from 3 lately

He is nowhere near as athletic as Rose! Rose was other worldly athletic at the pg spot. Sexton is in constant attack mode, which I like. He's a good prospect but I don't see him being a much better prospect than Smith...He shoots the 3 a lil better but Smith has better vision..we shall see...

Sexton has a fire burning in him. That's the guy you want playing for you. Did you see him coming down court, one on one? Sometime DSJ has that hunger, maybe when he comes to slam it on some guy. We need a few players like that.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

3/1/2019  12:49 AM
Strangely, I feel rather calm after this loss
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/1/2019  5:31 AM
Double loss/win for the tank!
bigjeep8
Member: #3297

3/1/2019  8:15 AM
Sambakick wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

That's not the corner I had in mind!

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/1/2019  8:25 AM
The minute we put Knox in I knew it was a wrap, when he's not shooting well that dude turns into a zombie, total disengaged and continues to take terrible shots, and wont do anything else, no defense, no rebounding, no passing, no screening, he was a minus -11 in just 22 minutes.

I don't know how many times in a game he would take a rush shot as oppose to passing it to an open guy, even his layup are only used for getting to the line, not actually making a shot..

He has a loooooooong way to go, and he probably needs a more structured offense that doesn't allow so much ISO..

ES
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/1/2019  8:57 AM
Just saying - a few months ago, there were articles about Knox and how he and Trier do't really mesh well. Most of Knox's December came with Trier injured. Too many young guys trying to get theirs.

Trier is a bit like the guard version of Kanter. Excellent stat-grabber on broken plays. Kanter was notorious for "reading" situations that might lead to his own high percentage shots (ie failing to clear out the paint when he saw an opportunity for himself to score) or him being in great position to get a rebound (ie failing to switch defensively). The advanced tape analysis seemed to show that that even though Kanter shot at high clips (60%+), if he didn't take the shot the team actually was worse per possession. And likewise on defense, his choice to position himself for rebounds (even though he grabbed a lot of 'em) also resulted in a lot of easy baskets because he didn't do his job on defense.

Broken/ISO plays also means that their teammates go through temporary moments of shock where they have to react vs execute on plays. This is not Knox's comfort zone. I reckon the same goes for Frank Ntilikina.

I don't recall a lot of games where both Trier and Knox played well in the same game. Coach tries to make sure they share as little time on the floor together as possible.

But yeah, playing Knox lots of minutes is one way we can keep the tank alive.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
knicks1248
3/1/2019  9:35 AM
technomaster wrote:Just saying - a few months ago, there were articles about Knox and how he and Trier do't really mesh well. Most of Knox's December came with Trier injured. Too many young guys trying to get theirs.

Trier is a bit like the guard version of Kanter. Excellent stat-grabber on broken plays. Kanter was notorious for "reading" situations that might lead to his own high percentage shots (ie failing to clear out the paint when he saw an opportunity for himself to score) or him being in great position to get a rebound (ie failing to switch defensively). The advanced tape analysis seemed to show that that even though Kanter shot at high clips (60%+), if he didn't take the shot the team actually was worse per possession. And likewise on defense, his choice to position himself for rebounds (even though he grabbed a lot of 'em) also resulted in a lot of easy baskets because he didn't do his job on defense.

Broken/ISO plays also means that their teammates go through temporary moments of shock where they have to react vs execute on plays. This is not Knox's comfort zone. I reckon the same goes for Frank Ntilikina.

I don't recall a lot of games where both Trier and Knox played well in the same game. Coach tries to make sure they share as little time on the floor together as possible.

But yeah, playing Knox lots of minutes is one way we can keep the tank alive.

Trier definitely plays losing basketball, but what makes him a little easier to stomach is the fact he can finish around the rim, and doesn't take off balance forced shots.

Trier can easily average 6 assist because of his penetration, there is a player open on 90% of his drives..

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/1/2019  9:54 AM
Didnt like the ending. Chalk it up to a young team. Jordan was out. Ball movement has improved. Knox looks spent. Fizdale was saying as much. Knox needs an extra gear, which he should be able to find with better conditioning. Wasnt the man at Kentucky, has to learn to handle the workload of a starter.

The more I see DSjr as starting PG, the less I want to hear about the very expensive (and older) alternatives. Bears repeating that he's a very willing passer.

knicks1248
3/1/2019  10:33 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Didnt like the ending. Chalk it up to a young team. Jordan was out. Ball movement has improved. Knox looks spent. Fizdale was saying as much. Knox needs an extra gear, which he should be able to find with better conditioning. Wasnt the man at Kentucky, has to learn to handle the workload of a starter.

The more I see DSjr as starting PG, the less I want to hear about the very expensive (and older) alternatives. Bears repeating that he's a very willing passer.

I watch a lot of Kentucky games and he was the exact same way. I don't think that he'sgoing to change much either, I think he has been that way since birth, it's a personality thing, I also think he is going to be a streaky shooter for his entire career, like most streaky shooters.

If you able to include him in a trade, i certainly would throw him in if need be

ES
GustavBahler

3/1/2019  11:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Didnt like the ending. Chalk it up to a young team. Jordan was out. Ball movement has improved. Knox looks spent. Fizdale was saying as much. Knox needs an extra gear, which he should be able to find with better conditioning. Wasnt the man at Kentucky, has to learn to handle the workload of a starter.

I watch a lot of Kentucky games and he was the exact same way. I don't think that he'sgoing to change much either, I think he has been that way since birth, it's a personality thing, I also think he is going to be a streaky shooter for his entire career, like most streaky shooters.

If you able to include him in a trade, i certainly would throw him in if need be

Try to be more patient in evaluating Knox. Knox was fresh out of high school on a very talented Kentucky team. Now he is the 2nd youngest player in the league, on the youngest team, with the lineups changing constantly.

If Knox had gone this season witbout having big games, without a willingness to take it to the rim, repeatedly, I would understand the impatience.

Needs seasoning, needs better conditoning, a more stable roster, before proclaiming this is the best we're going to get from Knox.

knicks1248
3/1/2019  12:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Try to be more patient in evaluating Knox. Knox was fresh out of high school on a very talented Kentucky team. Now he is the 2nd youngest player in the league, on the youngest team, with the lineups changing constantly.

If Knox had gone this season witbout having big games, without a willingness to take it to the rim, repeatedly, I would understand the impatience.

Needs seasoning, needs better conditoning, a more stable roster, before proclaiming this is the best we're going to get from Knox.

I agree that he does need time, but when your playing for a coach that tells you to keep shooting no matter what, thats not going to curb is horrible shot selection. If his mind set is no-such-thing-as-a bad shot, How will he ever determine whats a good shot and a bad one.

But his main problem isn't just shooting, it's his not passing the ball and his motor, and this hero ball sht. There are 18, 19 yr olds in college that play winning basketball, i mean how old to you have to be to make a good passes, or any pass for the matter. i dont think it's really a lack of confidence, it's actually just the opposite, he's over confident

ES
GustavBahler

3/1/2019  1:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I agree that he does need time, but when your playing for a coach that tells you to keep shooting no matter what, thats not going to curb is horrible shot selection. If his mind set is no-such-thing-as-a bad shot, How will he ever determine whats a good shot and a bad one.

But his main problem isn't just shooting, it's his not passing the ball and his motor, and this hero ball sht. There are 18, 19 yr olds in college that play winning basketball, i mean how old to you have to be to make a good passes, or any pass for the matter. i dont think it's really a lack of confidence, it's actually just the opposite, he's over confident

Fizdale wants to eventually run a high octane offense. Players who are fearless about going to the rim, and able to knock down a 3 as well. Knox's job this season is to become good at both, no matter how ugly it gets. Plenty of times when Knox has been stripped of the ball when driving. Knox learning that he might have a good handle for a big, but he still isnt fast enough. For Knox, this season is about reps. Ugly takes to the rim being part of it. Some nice ones too. This is what Frank has avoided to a fault.

Agree that passing should always be part of a player's skill set. When (or if) Knox starts regularly.giving defenders headaches, he should have an easier time setting up teammates. Normally would consider passing, or the lack of it to be an issue. In this case Knox has a green light to be aggressive to a fault, when he sees an opportunity. Cant be said that he's dominating the ball either.

Knicks host Cavs game thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy