[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

D'Angelo or Kryie

Author Poll
MS
Member: #724
Is it a mistake to dismiss D'Angelo Russell as the second near max signing this offseason? Brooklyn may not be MSG, but the kid is delivering and is the unquestioned leader of the Nets this season. Meanwhile everything surrounding Kryie Irving, seems like a drama filled distraction. The guy can't seem to make up his mind and the Boston locker room seems to be one of the most toxic places in the league. His teammates seem to play better without him and that's not even bringing up the fact that he's been injured his hole career, starting in college.

Throw in the benefit of a potential Kevin Durant pairing and you have to ask yourself who has more upside. A 23 year guard coming into his prime or Kyrie Irving? We know Irving can close, but can he stay healthy.

The numbers in year are definitely interesting...

Year 4 in the league

Russell
20.6pts 6.7ass 3.8ass 43%

Irving

21.7pts 5.2ass 3.2rbs 46% (With Lebron James)

D'Angelo Russel
Kyrie Irving
View Results

Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
3/10/2019  10:49 AM
I would pass on Kyrie. Injury prone and now team destroyer. Simply not the winner everyone think he is. If not for Draymond and LeBron he is still a loser. Celtics are worse now then they were before. LeBron and Kyrie weren’t good enough to win a title what make people think Durant and Kyrie will win a title.

Only thing I could think of is grabbing assets to flip for a future trade. What ever the Knicks do probably blows up in their face. It’s happened to often not to think it will.

AUTOADVERT
howyoudoing
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8744
USA
3/12/2019  3:15 PM
Kryie has been a net positive to the Celtics in my opinion. But he could be a much bigger positive than he has been, if he chose to. If he can't handle the media in Boston, he won't be able to handle it in NYC either.
Alias was supposed to be howyoudoin, but I accidentally included the g. Clearly I do not have mad game like Joey...
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/14/2019  6:28 PM
Other ways to move this team forward without Kyrie. DSJr, or draft a PG. Giving Irving the max would look like Perry consulted past GMs, and went with the most classic Knicks like move he could make in free agency.

You bring in Irving, knowing what we do about his leadership style, pension for Drama. Throwing fans, and teammates under the bus, always hurt from something. A long term deal, at this stage in his career, would look a lot like a franchise thats just happy to get back to the playoffs.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2019  10:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Other ways to move this team forward without Kyrie. DSJr, or draft a PG. Giving Irving the max would look like Perry consulted past GMs, and went with the most classic Knicks like move he could make in free agency.

You bring in Irving, knowing what we do about his leadership style, pension for Drama. Throwing fans, and teammates under the bus, always hurt from something. A long term deal, at this stage in his career, would look a lot like a franchise thats just happy to get back to the playoffs.

Kyrie alone or with someone with a “K” in his name?
GustavBahler

3/15/2019  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Other ways to move this team forward without Kyrie. DSJr, or draft a PG. Giving Irving the max would look like Perry consulted past GMs, and went with the most classic Knicks like move he could make in free agency.

2 players who have trouble dealing with the spotlight, playing where it shines the brightest. If KD/Irving to NY was going to happen one way or another, I would want it to be 2 year deals for both of them.

They have rings, got their big paydays. Better for all parties involved if both sides have a quick out. As long as the youth movement isnt gutted for retread role players. Would rather see the Knicks hand out max deals to players who have a better chance of staying healthy, and willing to stay through the tough times, without having a meltdown.

knicks1248
Member: #582
3/15/2019  12:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

2 players who have trouble dealing with the spotlight, playing where it shines the brightest. If KD/Irving to NY was going to happen one way or another, I would want it to be 2 year deals for both of them.

They have rings, got their big paydays. Better for all parties involved if both sides have a quick out. As long as the youth movement isnt gutted for retread role players. Would rather see the Knicks hand out max deals to players who have a better chance of staying healthy, and willing to stay through the tough times, without having a meltdown.

Like who?

80% of players in the NBA get hurt, doesn't matter who you are..out of the top tier, maybe kemba and Klay have been the healthiest, and I think they both stay.

The youth movement will be out the window with the exception of Mitch, trier and Dotson. I see the knicks dangling frank and knox in some kind of trade. Also remember, 20+ teams have max player cap, and 5 have 2 max player cap, so this isn't the yr to be cheap

ES
GustavBahler

3/15/2019  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2019  1:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Like who?

80% of players in the NBA get hurt, doesn't matter who you are..out of the top tier, maybe kemba and Klay have been the healthiest, and I think they both stay.

The youth movement will be out the window with the exception of Mitch, trier and Dotson. I see the knicks dangling frank and knox in some kind of trade. Also remember, 20+ teams have max player cap, and 5 have 2 max player cap, so this isn't the yr to be cheap

There are max players out there younger than Durant, and players who can stay a lot healthier than Kyrie. Thompson comes to mind. You seem to believe it has to be these two players, and it has to happen this offseason. Dont agree, if thats your take.

Would be happy if we drafted a top 3 pick, then added just one max player other than the package deal of KD/Kyrie. I see a very small window of contention, with those two for reasons on and off the court. I dont see them as a must sign, definitely not must sign this offseason. Dont see them and some retreads a better option than a youth movement, and a gradual rebuild.

If we were talking about LeBron, and another max player, that would be different. If we were going to do a fast run at a title. Would give up a top pick for that, other than Zion.

knicks1248
3/15/2019  1:17 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Like who?

There are max players out there younger than Durant, and players who can stay a lot healthier than Kyrie. Thompson comes to mind. You seem to believe it has to be these two players, and it has to happen this offseason. Dont agree, if thats your take.

Would be happy if we drafted a top 3 pick, then added just one max player other than the package deal of KD/Kyrie. I see a very small window of contention, with those two for reasons on and off the court. I dont see them as a must sign, definitely not must sign this offseason. Dont see them and some retreads a better option than a youth movement, and a gradual rebuild.

If we were talking about LeBron, and another max player, that would be different. If we were going to do a fast run at a title. Would give up a top pick for that, other than Zion.

Too many times the knicks have brought in One max player, Amare, marbury, melo and then run him to the ground before he can finally get help. The knicks have never ever had the luxury of bringing in two, which takes the pressure off one guy, plus more leadership

Klay is not leaving GSW for NYK, and I don't see no other TOP tier guy in the NBA that we have a legit shot at, so i'm not sure who your looking at.

the window is a 3yr run, so a decent contract would be 2+ 1 yr player option..but you know thats not going to happen

ES
GustavBahler

3/15/2019  1:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2019  1:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Like who?

Too many times the knicks have brought in One max player, Amare, marbury, melo and then run him to the ground before he can finally get help. The knicks have never ever had the luxury of bringing in two, which takes the pressure off one guy, plus more leadership

Klay is not leaving GSW for NYK, and I don't see no other TOP tier guy in the NBA that we have a legit shot at, so i'm not sure who your looking at.

the window is a 3yr run, so a decent contract would be 2+ 1 yr player option..but you know thats not going to happen

Amar'e was uninsurable, MDA ran him into the ground in half a season. Melo couldnt get the help he wanted in large part to Stat's max deal. Then there was Tyson and his endless bouts of the "Flu".

I see Kyrie playing Amare's role if he gets a max deal. Great start, then an increasing number of DNPs. We also had given away a lot of picks then. We have them now, and we might get a game changer, being a high pick.

I like the idea of Thompson because I doubt he will try to put the team on his back, will try to get his teammates involved. You might be right that Thompson will stay, but thats the kind of players we should be looking for. Ill have a look who will be available in the next couple of years.

I dont see the window we would have with KD/Kyrie to be good enough to get out of the East, let alone the finals. Believe some teams have to get older before we're in a position to contend, with anyone other than LeBron and another star.

knicks1248
3/15/2019  2:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2019  2:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Like who?

Amar'e was uninsurable, MDA ran him into the ground in half a season. Melo couldnt get the help he wanted in large part to Stat's max deal. Then there was Tyson and his endless bouts of the "Flu".

I see Kyrie playing Amare's role if he gets a max deal. Great start, then an increasing number of DNPs. We also had given away a lot of picks then. We have them now, and we might get a game changer, being a high pick.

I like the idea of Thompson because I doubt he will try to put the team on his back, will try to get his teammates involved. You might be right that Thompson will stay, but thats the kind of players we should be looking for. Ill have a look who will be available in the next couple of years.

I dont see the window we would have with KD/Kyrie to be good enough to get out of the East, let alone the finals. Believe some teams have to get older before we're in a position to contend, with anyone other than LeBron and another star.

But we know labron isn't coming to the knicks, and the lakers have way more talent than us, and the struggle is real.

There isn't any power house in the east, you could look at Embiid and simmons as high risky injury prone players that can go down in a min, the raptors may lose Kawhi, and the BUCK may lose some keep pieces this off season..

when you got 2 stars like KD and Kyrie on one team, all sorts of other players will flock at a discount..

It's not about who will be available in 2 yrs because every yr some star may want out of his current situation because he's not happy.

labron, love and Kyrie turned a 25 win team into a championship in one season and it's not far fetch to think that can happen next season in NY, if the right moves are made and we can get AD, Kyrie and KD

ES
GustavBahler

3/15/2019  5:29 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Like who?

But we know labron isn't coming to the knicks, and the lakers have way more talent than us, and the struggle is real.

There isn't any power house in the east, you could look at Embiid and simmons as high risky injury prone players that can go down in a min, the raptors may lose Kawhi, and the BUCK may lose some keep pieces this off season..

when you got 2 stars like KD and Kyrie on one team, all sorts of other players will flock at a discount..

It's not about who will be available in 2 yrs because every yr some star may want out of his current situation because he's not happy.

labron, love and Kyrie turned a 25 win team into a championship in one season and it's not far fetch to think that can happen next season in NY, if the right moves are made and we can get AD, Kyrie and KD

Do we 1248, do we really? Seriously, I would give Perry better odds than any former Knicks GM (since LeBron became a pro) to pull it off, without making the trade pointless.

Was only talking about KD/Kyrie. If you added AD, thats a whole new ball game. Still would not max them all out. Would pitch them on LeBron like short term deals. Two of the three are very injury prone. I would offer them the same deal I wish Phil had offered Melo, the only deal I was interested in as a fan. Max dollars, but definitely not max years.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

3/16/2019  10:19 PM
knicks1248 wrote:when you got 2 stars like KD and Kyrie on one team, all sorts of other players will flock at a discount..

Feel free to explain how the money would work.

Irving and Durant would need to sign without their Bird Rights. The Knicks already have to cover the Noah stretch as well. They've cleared so much space, any trade would mean AD would need to come in via mostly open cap space.

FA history has shown ring chasers are never guys in their prime. It's aging guys usually who had a couple of big paydays already.

How much of a steep discount do you think Durant and Irving will take. It would have to be something unprecedented ( even more than Dirk has given up) to actually build a team around those core players.

Not kidding, break down the money and show us how it would work.

You don't know, and then you just make cap space out of thin air.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
3/16/2019  10:43 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:when you got 2 stars like KD and Kyrie on one team, all sorts of other players will flock at a discount..

Feel free to explain how the money would work.

Irving and Durant would need to sign without their Bird Rights. The Knicks already have to cover the Noah stretch as well. They've cleared so much space, any trade would mean AD would need to come in via mostly open cap space.

FA history has shown ring chasers are never guys in their prime. It's aging guys usually who had a couple of big paydays already.

How much of a steep discount do you think Durant and Irving will take. It would have to be something unprecedented ( even more than Dirk has given up) to actually build a team around those core players.

Not kidding, break down the money and show us how it would work.

You don't know, and then you just make cap space out of thin air.

Not my research but I remember reading that the Knicks could create 74 mil in cap space if they renounce all potential free agents. That figure included a range for whatever pick the Knicks get in the lottery. I don’t know about AD but the money is there for KD and Kyrie.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
D'Angelo or Kryie

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy