[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why KD is almost a LOCK to join the knicks,
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/28/2019  9:14 AM
bigjeep8 wrote:Hope he goes somewhere else. He's going to be 31 next season and we will pay him to he's 36! We can do better with a younger max contract.

like who?

ES
AUTOADVERT
bigjeep8
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3297

2/28/2019  9:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/28/2019  9:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
bigjeep8 wrote:Hope he goes somewhere else. He's going to be 31 next season and we will pay him to he's 36! We can do better with a younger max contract.

like who?

He also has 12 seasons of wear and tear on his body as he started playing at age 19. Reminds me of when we got Melo! I hope we don't sign two max players or even one. Tying up 72 million dollars a year for 5 years could be a disaster. We just need to add some young quality talent. Mudiay, Dotson, Trier, Knox, Mitch and any other player on our team showing promise should not be sacrificed for two max players and little else.

knicks1248
2/28/2019  9:19 AM
Nalod wrote:Rainman, how does KD come here if your prediction of our FO getting fired holds true?
You have been adamant that losing is bad (it is) and we building bad habits.
And why would a tier one free agent come here is often your diatribe.

Rainman(aka Mills) will eventually get fired if he doesn't hit it out the park.

The question isn't why would a top FA come here, the question is

WHY HASN'T A TOP TIER FA EVER SIGNED HERE, and I'm sure most of it is OWNERSHIP.

ES
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

2/28/2019  10:06 AM
bigjeep8 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

like who?

He also has 12 seasons of wear and tear on his body as he started playing at age 19. Reminds me of when we got Melo! I hope we don't sign two max players or even one. Tying up 72 million dollars a year for 5 years could be a disaster. We just need to add some young quality talent. Mudiay, Dotson, Trier, Knox, Mitch and any other player on our team showing promise should not be sacrificed for two max players and little else.

Totally different than the melo situation. the knicks gave up their roster for melo. the young guys would be playing with him unless they make a trade for anthony davis, which i wouldn't do, or somebody else. by the time his play dips the young guys should be ready to take over the team.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
2/28/2019  10:35 AM

Who??

bigjeep8

2/28/2019  10:39 AM
knicks180nyc wrote:
bigjeep8 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

like who?

Totally different than the melo situation. the knicks gave up their roster for melo. the young guys would be playing with him unless they make a trade for anthony davis, which i wouldn't do, or somebody else. by the time his play dips the young guys should be ready to take over the team.

If it's just KD, I could go alone with that. Added to some of our present players with Mitch would get us to the playoffs. Two max players could turn out to be a disaster in the long run.

bigjeep8

2/28/2019  10:45 AM
knickslions wrote:

Who??

A lot depends on the remaining games and if the Knicks can keep improving as they have done the last few games. Or do we go back to losing every game? Is Mitch what we are seeing the last few games or just a bump in the road. We have a very young team that seems to be on the up tick. Maybe we just need to add some very good players without blowing 72 million a year! Who would you want added to this team besides max players?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2019  10:57 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Rainman, how does KD come here if your prediction of our FO getting fired holds true?
You have been adamant that losing is bad (it is) and we building bad habits.
And why would a tier one free agent come here is often your diatribe.

Rainman(aka Mills) will eventually get fired if he doesn't hit it out the park.

The question isn't why would a top FA come here, the question is

WHY HASN'T A TOP TIER FA EVER SIGNED HERE, and I'm sure most of it is OWNERSHIP.

They all get fired at some point. except Ernie Grunfeld. But what does that tell you?
Tells me Wiz owner had a big hand in making decisions and Ernie might have been advising him otherwise.
Most teams owners instruct the President/gm on what to do. Not "How", but "What".
I think Ernie's time is up and really he should want to leave his crack head owner and enjoy life.

Back to Mills, I doubt you have thought it thru how if you were an owner how you would quantify the success of the team other than "Winning good, losing back". Is it revenue? Team valuation? Winning? Knicks succeed two out of three.

As a starphucher you base it on "Hit it out of the park". When I evaluate talent in my organization I look at activity and the decision made,, when they were made, and what the conditions/choices presented at that moment. Results are symptom of good decision making. It would appear from your writing that you see results as a way to grade. That's some pretty obvious shyt right there. You love to mention the 54 win WOodson team and how the team has gone down since then. I'd say that team was the cause of the decline and the sugar rush from it not worth it.
To sustain it needed Bargnani. That's my point, one should not have to have been in need for that decision.

Today I posted an article about Don Nelson being here and how it was pivotal. Don has more wins than any other and while he has no chips, he was very successful in his career as a coach and GM. His teams were relevant. His son Donnie was a pioneer of sorts in the international game.
Sure they could have done better at it, but he knew Ewing at 33 was shot and Orlando would rather have him than nothing. Could we have kept Shaq? Maybe. Built on that might have been compelling.

Instead we doubled down on Patrick and the rest is history.

knicks1248
2/28/2019  12:16 PM
More reason to believe

Does Nike know something we don't know?

Kevin Durant jerseys now are 75 percent off. That's a big sale for a superstar who recently won his second NBA All-Star Game MVP and is looking to claim a third consecutive NBA Finals MVP in the next few months.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

J23 iPhone App

@J23app
Flash Sale: Kevin Durant Warriors Swingman Jersey only $27.50 when added to cart

Link -> https://go.j23app.com/b4s

h/t @gusmeza1738

The big drop-off comes days after 64 percent of an NBA panel predicted Kevin Durant would sign with the Knicks in free agency. That same panel had the Warriors as clear favorites to re-sign Durant just three months ago.

Durant is in the midst of another monster season for the Warriors, averaging 27.5 points with 7.0 rebounds and 5.8 assists per game. But that hasn't been the main focus when talking about KD this season. Not at all.

All anyone can talk about with Durant is speculation on where he will play next. And for good reason. Durant went on a nine-day silence with the media following the Knicks' trade of Kristaps Porzingis, and now it's been reported Porzingis wasn't too high on possibly playing with Durant.Free agency is over four months away. Whether Durant stays in the Bay or heads to the Big Apple is anyone's guess, but maybe the company that represents him already knows the answer.

ES
Sambakick
Member: #5646

2/28/2019  1:36 PM
jrodmc wrote:
No matter what, if one of the reasons we end up with KD is because this FO got rid of Kanter, Perry should get a lifetime contract.

The conspiracy theory on Kanter doesn't make sense team-makeup wise. If KD came it would be after we renounced the Kanter cap hold anyway.

I think it was pure pettiness. Hey Enes talked **** about KD so lets show KD some love by burying Kanter. That theory holds more water for me.

Royal Ivey being KD's best friend i had forgotten about. But that was some good groundwork. Happens all the time so it may not work but a good try.

The DeAndre Jordan thing is big. The fact that we didn't waive him and that he wants to remain and mentor the young bigs. I would offer him the MLE to stay.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Nalod
USA
2/28/2019  1:49 PM
Dicks sporting goods marked them down. not nike, not warriors.
conspiracy fodder. If there is no answer, there is collusion.
I'd say the rumors are because KD has not said anything to dispel them.
The rest is kind of fun.
knicks1248
2/28/2019  3:03 PM
Nalod wrote:Dicks sporting goods marked them down. not nike, not warriors.
The rest is kind of fun.

You know i would be the first to laughed at these rumors because of mills and Dolan.

So dicks sporting goods is going to mark down jerseys they're paying nike a ton of money for..

Like Labrons moved to LA, this is more than a basketball move, This is all about Branding, Wall Street(he was on an episode of BILLIONS as an investor) and marketing.

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/28/2019  3:21 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

we had a 75% we would get chris Webber

Oh that was closer to 100%. I thought for sure we were getting him at that time.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
2/28/2019  4:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Dicks sporting goods marked them down. not nike, not warriors.
The rest is kind of fun.

You know i would be the first to laughed at these rumors because of mills and Dolan.

So dicks sporting goods is going to mark down jerseys they're paying nike a ton of money for..

Like Labrons moved to LA, this is more than a basketball move, This is all about Branding, Wall Street(he was on an episode of BILLIONS as an investor) and marketing.

I don't disagree with you. As per usual, its your simple Rainman like logic.
The way it was displayed thru the media was insinuation that Nike had discounted the Jersey's so "Them must know something". It was a retailer. Dicks.

I know you like to laugh. You do it a lot.

I get all the reasons why and months ago Nalod was early to display an opinion that it was not about basketball. Your the dude that was "Mills and losing is like no way we get a top FA". Glad you changed your mind. I know it was never to be me to do so.

The show "billions" is fiction. you do understand that?

why KD is almost a LOCK to join the knicks,

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy