FINAL
NYK 130 SAS 118
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

2/24/2019  10:01 PM
Wally is such a homer
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2019  10:06 PM
did hell freeze over
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/24/2019  10:16 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:did hell freeze over

Nah, the Spurs aren't good either. Not horrible, like we are, but still bad.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/24/2019  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/24/2019  10:20 PM
Gotta Luv Samuel Mutha****** L Jackson!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/24/2019  10:31 PM
Man that was fun
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/24/2019  10:36 PM
Uptown wrote:Gotta Luv Samuel Mutha****** L Jackson!

yeah that was good

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/24/2019  11:26 PM
Proud of the guys they played so well. Dotson is a really nice role player. In a league full of ball domminate guards this dude can succeed playing defense and hitting the open shot. Im really worried the Knicks will give up all of these guys for Davis. Im not trading Dotson, Mitchell or Dennis SMith Jr.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

2/25/2019  12:25 AM
Dotson, Mitchell...and yeah DSJ were really good tonight.

I have not been a DSJ guy at all and didn't care when he put up the 31 point night or whatever it was because I felt like it was a fluke. If he's going to succeed as a winning player in this league, his game has to be what we saw tonight. He is not a good enough scorer or shooter to warrant the role he wanted in Dallas or what he played like he wanted here in these first few games. Tonight was the first time I saw him actually play the role he'd need to for it to even have a chance to work. I still don't think it's the role he's going to want but I'm an objective guy and will be the first to say I'm wrong if he does. Even then I'm not sure he's a good enough pure PG but he'll at least have a chance if he embraces that mentality.

All of that being said...no hesitation if any of these guys had to go in a deal for AD. Mitchell I'd try to keep out of it but that's not a deal-breaker in the end. And Dotson and DSJ are replaceable parts. Getting AD and one big FA would put this team in an incredible position to build a title contender.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/25/2019  7:16 AM
Great Game!!!

Only thing stopping it from being perfect is that Smith dunk attempt on Bertans not going down.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/25/2019  7:47 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Dotson, Mitchell...and yeah DSJ were really good tonight.

I have not been a DSJ guy at all and didn't care when he put up the 31 point night or whatever it was because I felt like it was a fluke. If he's going to succeed as a winning player in this league, his game has to be what we saw tonight. He is not a good enough scorer or shooter to warrant the role he wanted in Dallas or what he played like he wanted here in these first few games. Tonight was the first time I saw him actually play the role he'd need to for it to even have a chance to work. I still don't think it's the role he's going to want but I'm an objective guy and will be the first to say I'm wrong if he does. Even then I'm not sure he's a good enough pure PG but he'll at least have a chance if he embraces that mentality.

All of that being said...no hesitation if any of these guys had to go in a deal for AD. Mitchell I'd try to keep out of it but that's not a deal-breaker in the end. And Dotson and DSJ are replaceable parts. Getting AD and one big FA would put this team in an incredible position to build a title contender.

I know Melo and AD are not on the same level. But your strategy feels like the same thing we did with Melo rhat set us back. We have an opportunity to draft a franchise player and add 2 superstars. Do we really want to gut the team for a player thats from LA and stated he rather play for his home state. KD and Kyre are from the east coast and stated they rather play with the knicks....in so many words. Stay the course and dont get caught up in fools gold.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/25/2019  9:44 AM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Dotson, Mitchell...and yeah DSJ were really good tonight.

Your post is very objective....Smith has had games like this before, tonight guys were knocking down shots, it's that simple. He's the best
all around pg on this team, hands down....He is a better defender than he is given credit for...The energy of the offense and the ball movement Spike's up (shout out to Spike Lee!!!)when he is on the floor. Hopefully he continues to play with same level of confidence he displayed last night.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/25/2019  9:45 AM
Uptown wrote:Gotta Luv Samuel Mutha****** L Jackson!

And you could see Spike respond re: something about messing up the "tank"...Spike's a real NYK fan.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2019  9:48 AM
Uptown wrote:

Your post is very objective....Smith has had games like this before, tonight guys were knocking down shots, it's that simple. He's the best
all around pg on this team, hands down....He is a better defender than he is given credit for...The energy of the offense and the ball movement Spike's up (shout out to Spike Lee!!!)when he is on the floor. Hopefully he continues to play with same level of confidence he displayed last night.

disagree... Smith is great at being fast and getting a shot off. The league is full of those guys. He's never created for the team like he did tonight from start to finish. This was absolutely his best game as a Knick and hopefully one to grow on. He looked fantastic and so did the guys around him. Mitch, Dotson, Knox....
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/25/2019  10:07 AM
The Knicks even held out DeAndre Jordan to try to lose this one, but fact is that San Antonio hasn't been playing well (what is it, now 1-6 in their last 7 games?). This is the point in the season where all of the teams that have been fighting hard for playoff spots are exhausted and the games are a bit easier for spoiler teams.

I'm worried that we're going to win ourselves out of bottom 3... and end up picking at our seemingly typical 8 or 9.

I watched the highlights. Some quick thoughts:
* I don't know about anyone else here, but DSJ looks like he has the makings of a good player. Of course, doesn't any PG when their wings are hitting 25ft 3pt shots like Dotson? What sets him apart from a lot of PGs is his fast-twitchiness. Other teams seem to respect the fact that even though he isn't a dead eye jump shooter, he can still blow by them even though they know it's coming.

* Dotson looked like a real player, certainly looked the part of Klay Thompson. Fiz says he's a good shooter who could become a great shooter. He seemed steady out there.

* Mitchell Robinson - wow. He sure seems to have improved since coach Jordan joined the team. Interesting choices for the Knicks. They could do Jordan a favor and let him join playoff roster on March 1st (4 more days of Jedi big man training)... or keep him in NY.

* The Spurs have no answers at PG. Mudiay also has his way with them from a scoring standpoint.

* Kevin Knox started out cold (missed his 1st 4 shots), but finished with a really nice game. He's averaging 9rpg over his past 3 games. One thing I was more conscious about is that the Knicks let Knox dribble the ball up the court and drive a lot for a 6'9" rookie with a supposedly shaky handle. I'm pretty sure the coaches are pushing him to do this to get real-game reps and develop his game (albeit to the sometimes detriment of the team). They could easily play him in the same role as Dotson if winning/fg%/efficiency were the name of the game.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/25/2019  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2019  10:26 AM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

disagree... Smith is great at being fast and getting a shot off. The league is full of those guys. He's never created for the team like he did tonight from start to finish. This was absolutely his best game as a Knick and hopefully one to grow on. He looked fantastic and so did the guys around him. Mitch, Dotson, Knox....

Smith jr has been getting the most minutes of his career, and its starting to pay dividends. Disagree that players with Smith jr's ability to get to the rim, kick out for a 3, are a dime a dozen.

Its not just being able to run fast, those players are a dime a dozen. Smith jr can use that speed in more ways than a player who mostly is fast at going north/south. Can put that speed to use in different ways, like slicing through the D for a lob to Mitch. Or those kick outs to Dotson. Not all fast players can do that, and with Smith jr's burst.

If anything, DSJ at times looks like he is trying to figure out how to make the best use of his speed. Gets ahead of the offense, turns the ball over. Didnt see that last night.

Fizdale is giving Smith jr the PT to work tbrough his mistakes, in a way he couldnt in Dallas.
We saw last night why its worth not trading Smith jr until we've had another season to see where his game is going.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2019  10:46 AM
technomaster wrote:The Knicks even held out DeAndre Jordan to try to lose this one, but fact is that San Antonio hasn't been playing well (what is it, now 1-6 in their last 7 games?).

I dont get why you would throw this out there. Dude can't be hurt and held out?

The Knicks were DESPERATE for a win.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2019  10:55 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Smith jr has been getting the most minutes of his career, and its starting to pay dividends. Disagree that players with Smith jr's ability to get to the rim, kick out for a 3, are a dime a dozen.

Its not just being able to run fast, those players are a dime a dozen. Smith jr can use that speed in more ways than a player who mostly is fast at going north/south. Can put that speed to use in different ways, like slicing through the D for a lob to Mitch. Or those kick outs to Dotson. Not all fast players can do that, and with Smith jr's burst.

If anything, DSJ at times looks like he is trying to figure out how to make the best use of his speed. Gets ahead of the offense, turns the ball over. Didnt see that last night.

Fizdale is giving Smith jr the PT to work tbrough his mistakes, in a way he couldnt in Dallas.
We saw last night why its worth not trading Smith jr until we've had another season to see where his game is going.

fishmike wrote:Smith is great at being fast and getting a shot off. The league is full of those guys.

GustavBahler wrote:Disagree that players with Smith jr's ability to get to the rim, kick out for a 3, are a dime a dozen.
Right well... I didnt write that did I? That is the point. DSjr hasnt shown the ability to do that consistently. Last night he did.

GustavBahler wrote:Its not just being able to run fast, those players are a dime a dozen
this is exactly what I wrote which you disagreed with
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/25/2019  11:41 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:

fishmike wrote:Smith is great at being fast and getting a shot off. The league is full of those guys.

GustavBahler wrote:Disagree that players with Smith jr's ability to get to the rim, kick out for a 3, are a dime a dozen.
Right well... I didnt write that did I? That is the point. DSjr hasnt shown the ability to do that consistently. Last night he did.

GustavBahler wrote:Its not just being able to run fast, those players are a dime a dozen
this is exactly what I wrote which you disagreed with

Anyone can run up and down the court fast, and get a shot off. Thats what you have reduced Smith jr's skill set to, not me. I tried to explain that there is more to his skill set than that very vague description of what Smith jr brings to the table.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/25/2019  12:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:did hell freeze over

Nah, the Spurs aren't good either. Not horrible, like we are, but still bad.

I know they aren't what they were, tat said, they are still in the playoffs in the West. LBJ left Cleveland, where he would have been a top 3 team in the East, and now is likely to miss the playoffs... I expect most teams that are playoff teams to overlook playing the Knicks but I don't expect any team that Pop coaches to do that. I am shocked by the outcome

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GameThread: Knicks and Spurs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy