[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lowe on Porzingis wanting out: “I don’t think he was psyched about playing with Durant."
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2019  1:38 PM
Moonangie wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:
markvmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

To bad Doncic is better than him

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Dallas was never on his list of trade destinations and this could explain why.

Maybe. But wtf wants to live in Dallas if you have your pick of NBA towns?

What’s wrong with living in Dallas? It’s the cheapest one to probably live in. No state tax. Decent weather other then July-sept. Probably one of the best cities to live in.

Blech...WAY too many Cowboys fans and blue stars running around the muffugin place. Fuck that!

Austin is a GREAT city...makes Texas liveable.

Austin is awesome. I'm not crazy about Dallas. Not a very attractive destination for NBA players in my opinion.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2019  1:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2019  1:40 PM
knicks180nyc wrote:i feel like porzingis has always wanted to be in brooklyn. i wouldn't be shocked if he sees playing with doncic as a way to up his value before bolting to brooklyn.

But why play in the city where your team isn't #1? It's the Knicks' city. Does Porzingis really want to play in an empty arena having played in MSG full time?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2019  2:02 PM
["There is the possibility that they (the Knicks) got the sense that he wasn't psyched of how aggressively they were going to court bigger names than him. That's possible.

"I'm confident after talking to a lot of people -- I don't think he was psyched about playing with Durant. I don't know how directly that was verbalized to the Knicks. I'm confident that it wasn't something that was like his Plan A he was super thrilled about it.

"He wanted to be the face of the franchise. I think that's known, that's fair. Kevin Durant will be the face of the franchise if he comes. That's it. That's decided.

"There are other guys who for various reasons I don't think would be the face of the franchise. Kemba Walker would not be. You could argue Kyrie Irving would not be if he were here with Porzingis. It would be close."

Have to take in the whole Lowe quote and put it into proper context. He is an "insider" and fans need to digest it not as fact but his opinion. So before we get all lathered up, lets not get carried away that Durant is a fact to be a knick. At the same time if KP was not going to be part of the recruit effort (Its been mentioned somewhere to that extent) it does add up and gives more credibility.

My take is KP and Janis could have had a plan to build thru the draft with knicks as his star was rising. Knicks would have been wary of his "fatigue" and fragility but had last season and this to sort of that and make that determination. They have, and still might have been down with that but wanted to offer the "Embiid" type contract. At some point its evident knicks have room to dump either Hardaway or Clee and bring in one star with KP. If he don't want that (Did melo??) then the whole franchise is on KP's back and really, no team should bank on just one player who has yet to prove himself as a franchise player.
KP had LA, Miami and Nets as his preferred place and if we waited he could have pulled the "I'm only signing with card" that lowers his trade value and scares off other teams. Cube jumps in because he has Luka, not yet a star and can sell KP on how the Nash/Dirk thing was and "Should" have been (we have heard this in recent weeks), and of course Dirk is still there to sell this vision. I suspect Cube will sell a small stake in the Mavs to Dirk when he retires. Mav's jump on the opportunity early enough in the KP rehab, will roll out the carpet for KP and Janis (my speculation) and made knicks an offer better than what they will get after the season. Knicks seize the opportunity before they lose leverage when KP was planning one bolting to Spain after Allstar game. Other than Dallas not being on KP's list, Im thinking this is not a bad spot for him. Naturally I have no idea how KP thinks.

Thats just all my take. The photos of KP's pressor with Trey, Clee and Timmy had them all looking pretty dour. Not a lot of energy or excitement.
For Karma's sake, I wish KP luck and hope he does well. Even better is Dennis is an allster, our picks turn out, We sign some studs this summer and knicks move to contention for years to come. As long as Dallas never eliminates us from the finals Im good. In fact, I'd love to see both these teams compete for a chip one day!! Win-wins are ok in my book! Knicks get to finals after eliminating Nets in conf. finals!

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/23/2019  2:15 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:
markvmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Dallas was never on his list of trade destinations and this could explain why.

What’s wrong with living in Dallas? It’s the cheapest one to probably live in. No state tax. Decent weather other then July-sept. Probably one of the best cities to live in.

+1 Great mix of cultures as well.

Dallas is nice been in Dallas two years since leaving the NY area. I have to say I should have left earlier. People are much more friendly and I have to say completely happier than New Yorkers. People actually walk around with a smile on their faces.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/23/2019  2:29 PM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:
markvmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Dallas is nice been in Dallas two years since leaving the NY area. I have to say I should have left earlier. People are much more friendly and I have to say completely happier than New Yorkers. People actually walk around with a smile on their faces.

A smile on their faces? Thats sick! No self respecting New Yorker would live there, lol. Have close relatives who have lived around Texas since before I was born. Used to go there more in my younger days. Never been to Austin, but Ive been a fan of the music scene since the 80s. Breeding ground for guitar heroes.

Nalod
USA
2/23/2019  6:22 PM
Been to Dallas a few times. Generic obese southern bullshyt Texas tacky shyt. Not impressed.
Most people are nicer than in NYC. I moved to North Carolina in 1986 and yes, there are things I miss but what counts most is family and money.
My peeps are here and my money goes way further here. I was able to invest over the years by not paying stupid rent, stupid taxes and stupid inflated house prices.
Im happy. Its not that i'd be unhappy in NY, im just happy.
VMart, im just being snarky about conservative redneck cowboy dumb downed americana in the land where football, guns, and right wing extreme politics is a culture. These are the ****tards that vote for Ted Cruz. The latino diverse Texas and the culture of multinational corporations have bought in is a good thing!
Cowboys gave us the cheerleaders. Not a bad thing!!
knicks180nyc
Member: #8733

2/23/2019  9:50 PM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks180nyc wrote:i feel like porzingis has always wanted to be in brooklyn. i wouldn't be shocked if he sees playing with doncic as a way to up his value before bolting to brooklyn.

But why play in the city where your team isn't #1? It's the Knicks' city. Does Porzingis really want to play in an empty arena having played in MSG full time?

i don't get it myself, but he seems arrogant enough to think he can make brooklyn the number 1 attraction himself. also, i'm pretty sure his experience with melo showed him what being the man with the knicks would require. he didn't want the pressure that comes with msg.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/23/2019  10:42 PM
honestly i blame his f’g brother. i was in the garden a little over a year ago when kp led a melo-less knicks team to a magnificent comeback victory over indiana from a 19-point deficit. he had 40 points, 8 boards and 6 blocks. he scored 24 points over the game’s final 13 minutes. he was beaming and was rightfully anointed the leader of this team. all this after, i might add, the skipping of the exit interview, the exodus of melo, all the bs with phil. everything was on track. it’s my opinion his brother is a lavar ball type who had kp locked down in some kind of family stockholm situation. who else gets rick carlisle to enact that disgusting scene at the press conference.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/23/2019  11:18 PM
Nalod wrote:Been to Dallas a few times. Generic obese southern bullshyt Texas tacky shyt. Not impressed.
Most people are nicer than in NYC. I moved to North Carolina in 1986 and yes, there are things I miss but what counts most is family and money.
My peeps are here and my money goes way further here. I was able to invest over the years by not paying stupid rent, stupid taxes and stupid inflated house prices.
Im happy. Its not that i'd be unhappy in NY, im just happy.
VMart, im just being snarky about conservative redneck cowboy dumb downed americana in the land where football, guns, and right wing extreme politics is a culture. These are the ****tards that vote for Ted Cruz. The latino diverse Texas and the culture of multinational corporations have bought in is a good thing!
Cowboys gave us the cheerleaders. Not a bad thing!!

Dallas...TX in generally...at least the major cities are changing...been in Dallas 13 yrs after moving from NY...don’t love the summers...but love no state taxes....

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
2/24/2019  10:55 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:
markvmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

A smile on their faces? Thats sick! No self respecting New Yorker would live there, lol. Have close relatives who have lived around Texas since before I was born. Used to go there more in my younger days. Never been to Austin, but Ive been a fan of the music scene since the 80s. Breeding ground for guitar heroes.

When I first got to Dallas, I told my neighbor I’m from NY. They said you can’t be from NY you have a smile on your face. I tell I been smiling ever since I got to This place.

GustavBahler

2/24/2019  11:32 AM
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Vmart wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Josiah31 wrote:
markvmc wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

When I first got to Dallas, I told my neighbor I’m from NY. They said you can’t be from NY you have a smile on your face. I tell I been smiling ever since I got to This place.

Always nice to hear of a successful cross country move. Can be taxing moving that far. After 20 yrs in Fla, cant handle that much sunshine anymore, or I would have considered moving to Texas.

Most people outside Texas dont know that its so big that it has its own power grid.

Gudris
Member: #6213

2/25/2019  12:23 PM
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/25/2019  1:42 PM
Gudris wrote:
How dare you?
You think people in Cleveland were posting Lebron practice videos on some Cleveland forum after his initial departure? lol
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
USA
2/25/2019  2:18 PM
No man is an island........
-Janis
Gudris
Member: #6213

2/25/2019  4:59 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
Gudris wrote:
How dare you?
You think people in Cleveland were posting Lebron practice videos on some Cleveland forum after his initial departure? lol

does it hurt?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/25/2019  5:03 PM
Gudris wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Gudris wrote:
How dare you?

does it hurt?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/25/2019  5:09 PM
so its such a given that Durant is coming here that KP actually had feelings about it? Really?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

2/25/2019  5:20 PM
Nalod wrote:No man is an island........
-Janis

Except on Janis Island, coming summer 2020!

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/25/2019  6:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2019  6:22 PM
fishmike wrote:so its such a given that Durant is coming here that KP actually had feelings about it? Really?

Agreed. Just another rumor mill absolute.

Did you agree with the trade?

If KP said to the Knicks that he wanted out, I am good with it. If it was the Knicks that said the wanted to go in a different direction and would not offer him the extension he wanted, I hate it. Don't think we will ever know. Too bad cuz I think he will be a special player.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Lowe on Porzingis wanting out: “I don’t think he was psyched about playing with Durant."

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy