[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kevin Knox slump explained?
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

2/21/2019  9:44 AM
VCoug wrote:Sorry, posted too soon. His 2P% requires a bit more explanation but I think it's pretty obvious what's going on. I can't find college stats to back this up, but he didn't appear to be a particularly good finisher in college and he took some of the ugliest ****ing floaters/layups I've ever seen. While he was able to get that shot off ok in college and Summer league, it was always a question if he could continue doing that in the pros. Right now, he isn't and unless he improves his body control and mechanics, I don't know that he ever will.

His floaters are the best part of his game so far. He needs to get a fake move and other moves when he's trying to take it to the basket for a layup though cause he gets blocked pretty much every time except when it's some crazy banker he's trying to put in and those just look ugly.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2019  10:20 AM
if anyone recalls, Knox was my original draft choice and then I kinda soured on him. The reason was at Kentucky, he should have been the best talent out there, but he got lost in the shuffle. He just disappeared. I think if he doesn't score he loses interest and that's a problem when you're under 40 percent
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/21/2019  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/21/2019  11:21 AM
Believe some of you are underestimating the difficulty of taking smaller, faster, defenders off the dribble. Its something you get better at through trial and error. Practice, yes I said "Practice!".

Also surprised at criticism of Knox's 3pt shooting form. Very little deviation in how he shoots, good form on his release. A raw player who needs time to learn how to adjust to the speed of the NBA game. Thats what Fizdale is giving him with the green light to be aggressive.

Most of us knew Knox was raw going in. Surprised there is so much concern after half a season. Considering some big games Knox has played already, and the turmoil.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2019  11:26 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Believe some of you are underestimating the difficulty of taking smaller, faster, defenders off the dribble. Its something you get better at through trial and error. Practice, yes I said "Practice!".

Also surprised at criticism of Knox's 3pt shooting form. Very little deviation in how he shoots, good form on his release. A raw player who needs time to learn how to adjust to the speed of the NBA game. Thats what Fizdale is giving him with the green light to be aggressive.

Most of us knew Knox was raw going in. Surprised there is so much concern after half a season. Considering some big games Knox has played already, and the turmoil.

Pre-season the talk was Knox would be a ROY darkhorse candidate. HE's done nothing well. I don't care about the shooting it is the fact that his entire toolbox is a C/C-

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/21/2019  1:09 PM
Marv wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Panos wrote:
Marv wrote:i see him as someone who will become much more proficient and well-rounded as a scorer. he has a very aggressive offensive mindset and should grow into that body and get more and more competitive advantage from it.

he could be a consistent high scorer in this league for a long time. i don't see him as becoming a lead or particularly well-rounded player but maybe a john drew,
shareef abdur-rahim, cliff robinson, antawn jamison, rashard lewis type who if used properly and kept at a reasonable salary will be a definite asset.

....Gerald Wilkins...

aww can’t we do a little bit better than that

Al Harrigngton?

no he'll share.

He hasn't yet. Dude doesn't pass at all.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/21/2019  3:13 PM
Marv wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Marv wrote:
Panos wrote:
Marv wrote:i see him as someone who will become much more proficient and well-rounded as a scorer. he has a very aggressive offensive mindset and should grow into that body and get more and more competitive advantage from it.

he could be a consistent high scorer in this league for a long time. i don't see him as becoming a lead or particularly well-rounded player but maybe a john drew,
shareef abdur-rahim, cliff robinson, antawn jamison, rashard lewis type who if used properly and kept at a reasonable salary will be a definite asset.

....Gerald Wilkins...

aww can’t we do a little bit better than that

Al Harrigngton?

no he'll share.

Really haven't seen him as an assist guy. He seems to have that chuckaway thing going, although, his shoot selection isn't as bad. He needs to hit that open shot, three pointer or otherwise.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/24/2019  5:18 AM
I don't know what some of you are seeing but Knox clearly is going to be a solid scorer in this league. He will need to grow into his body and gain experience but in 2-3 years, I see him as a consistent 18-19pt, 7 rb, 2 ast type guy. His offense is going to be fine. I do worry about his defense, but even that is only a concern as to whether he can be more than an average defender. With experience, he should become an average defender at worst.
Trust the Process
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/25/2019  10:39 AM
TheGame wrote:I don't know what some of you are seeing but Knox clearly is going to be a solid scorer in this league. He will need to grow into his body and gain experience but in 2-3 years, I see him as a consistent 18-19pt, 7 rb, 2 ast type guy. His offense is going to be fine. I do worry about his defense, but even that is only a concern as to whether he can be more than an average defender. With experience, he should become an average defender at worst.

I see Melo-like player with better athleticism and attitude.
Defense will be about rebounding and never will be great.
He should be solid wing with some PF usage later in his carrier.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Kevin Knox slump explained?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy