USA
2/21/2019  6:38 AM
HIS SHOE BLEW APAT!!!! Legendary!
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

2/21/2019  8:46 AM
Mild knee sprain and before he comes back Nike does some serious “sole” searching to come up with a viable solution for an athlete that defies their stress testing standards
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/21/2019  8:47 AM
The ultimate Jinx thread.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/21/2019  9:21 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:The ultimate Jinx thread.

ha.

every thread on this site since its inception could qualify as a jinx thread.

bigjeep8
Member: #3297

2/21/2019  9:27 AM
Damaged goods, pass!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/21/2019  9:47 AM
So now we need to patiently wait for RodMacaZingisSteelKnees.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/21/2019  9:51 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Its over and are pick has become worthless if its number 1.

Ah, the voice of reason....

Marv
2/21/2019  9:55 AM
jrodmc wrote:So now we need to patiently wait for RodMacaZingisSteelKnees.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/21/2019  10:43 AM
Nalod wrote:HIS SHOE BLEW APAT!!!! Legendary!

This dude is the now generation of Bo Jackson!!!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/21/2019  11:00 AM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I can't belive anyone would say no to Zion... this is the single most absurd draft stance I've heard since Briggs said Beasley over Rose. You people cannot be serious. I know it's a 'flawed' statistic, but Zion has a 42.3 PER and had the most beautiful block i have ever seen in my life. I am so glad that anti-Zion contingent isn't in charge of our draft.

Its easy to say no to zion and then assume more picks would yield better returns. If its "a crapshoot" to make one pick, then you increase the odds to have more picks. If "Luck" is when preparation meets opportunity then better to have more opportunities?

The best scouts see the potential. I for one cannot see what Zion will or won't become. Obviously the gushing is either hype and if so it will diminish over time. Fultz, Bennett, Kwame.......and many many others in the top 5 proved to be busts. But........and there is always a but, there are the hyped that pan out.

Zion is freak. So was KP. They do things with those bodies we have never seen anyone do before and stay healthy. But is this "Mutant" the beginning of a new trend of super athletes? Wilt, Kareem, Malone, Jordan and Lebron all stand as freaks mostly because they sustained health and not got held down by injury.

Zion is the love child of Barkley, Malone and Wes Unseld. Kid has hops, as did Barkley, The physique of Karl, and the build (look at a very young Unseld in college)of Wes. At 19 no peer. Larry Johnson did not look like this kid.
Just because it has yet to exist, does not mean it can't. Zion won't destroy the pro game, but then he is just 19. Thus, he will get stronger. Will he be a mouth breathing fatty? Those knees engineered to fly? I don't know.
But I'd like to find out! Draft him and build with him. If he is the epicenter, then we would have built around him.

everyone here (not you) focusing on the fact that potential doesn't always pan out is focusing on the wrong details here. Zion has produced. in 28.2mpg: 21.6ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.2apg, 2.2spg, 1.8bpg on Duke, where no team gives you the night off

but now when we project, this is where the numbers get really fun

per 40mpg:
30.7ppg, 12.5rpg, 3.1apg, 3.1spg, 2.6bpg

per 100 possessions:
41.1ppg, 16.8rpg, 4.2apg, 4.2,spg, 3.5bpg

I don't think I can stress enough how exceedingly rare it is that there is a guy who has equal parts production and upside. He might be a slightly atypical prospect but again give me that. I'll roll the dice with the guy that destroys his competition

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/21/2019  3:30 PM
Nalod wrote:HIS SHOE BLEW APAT!!!! Legendary!

Lol Nike kills it with Kaepernick campaign only yo have this happen.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nike-stocks/nike-stumbles-into-social-media-storm-after-basketball-stars-shoe-splits-idUSKCN1QA1A

Shares of the sportswear maker were down more than 1 percent in afternoon trading Thursday, a day after the incident, wiping off some $1.46 billion from Nike’s market capitalization since Wednesday’s close.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/21/2019  5:34 PM
What ever happened to the Nike shoes with the tire thread. They looked like moon boots.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/22/2019  5:15 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Its over and are pick has become worthless if its number 1.

Ah, the voice of reason....

LOL, that was funny
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/22/2019  5:17 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I can't belive anyone would say no to Zion... this is the single most absurd draft stance I've heard since Briggs said Beasley over Rose. You people cannot be serious. I know it's a 'flawed' statistic, but Zion has a 42.3 PER and had the most beautiful block i have ever seen in my life. I am so glad that anti-Zion contingent isn't in charge of our draft.

Its easy to say no to zion and then assume more picks would yield better returns. If its "a crapshoot" to make one pick, then you increase the odds to have more picks. If "Luck" is when preparation meets opportunity then better to have more opportunities?

The best scouts see the potential. I for one cannot see what Zion will or won't become. Obviously the gushing is either hype and if so it will diminish over time. Fultz, Bennett, Kwame.......and many many others in the top 5 proved to be busts. But........and there is always a but, there are the hyped that pan out.

Zion is freak. So was KP. They do things with those bodies we have never seen anyone do before and stay healthy. But is this "Mutant" the beginning of a new trend of super athletes? Wilt, Kareem, Malone, Jordan and Lebron all stand as freaks mostly because they sustained health and not got held down by injury.

Zion is the love child of Barkley, Malone and Wes Unseld. Kid has hops, as did Barkley, The physique of Karl, and the build (look at a very young Unseld in college)of Wes. At 19 no peer. Larry Johnson did not look like this kid.
Just because it has yet to exist, does not mean it can't. Zion won't destroy the pro game, but then he is just 19. Thus, he will get stronger. Will he be a mouth breathing fatty? Those knees engineered to fly? I don't know.
But I'd like to find out! Draft him and build with him. If he is the epicenter, then we would have built around him.

everyone here (not you) focusing on the fact that potential doesn't always pan out is focusing on the wrong details here. Zion has produced. in 28.2mpg: 21.6ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.2apg, 2.2spg, 1.8bpg on Duke, where no team gives you the night off

per 40mpg:

per 100 possessions:

I don't think I can stress enough how exceedingly rare it is that there is a guy who has equal parts production and upside. He might be a slightly atypical prospect but again give me that. I'll roll the dice with the guy that destroys his competition

I could live with picking him and he doesn't live up to the hype. What would make me crazy is if we pass and he dominates the league for 15 years

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/22/2019  10:42 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:

per 40mpg:

per 100 possessions:

I could live with picking him and he doesn't live up to the hype. What would make me crazy is if we pass and he dominates the league for 15 years

That's why nobody will pass on him.
He is a destiny, Carma.
Team who will win the lottery can fail or succeed with him but cannot avoid him.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/22/2019  1:39 PM
Vmart wrote:What ever happened to the Nike shoes with the tire thread. They looked like moon boots.

Fuck Nike's. the treads on these Reebok's were indestructible!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/22/2019  5:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/22/2019  5:03 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

No one is saying no to Zion Williamson.

He's the current best value in the draft. The argument up in the air is if

A) If there is value in trading him ( i.e. the first overall pick)

B) Questions about his long term durability ( i.e. he's dominating against non NBA competition and against a non NBA schedule/grind)

C) Questions about his long term fit ( if he can be a small ball 5, if he can overcome length issues with his explosive athleticism, if he can fix his shooting ( this is not a given), whether he can develop his right hand)

He has many positives. He can play way above the rim. Absurdly so. His footwork is pretty damn good for a young guy and his weight class. He's got good ball security. He can run over close to anyone heading to the rim with a full head of steam.

But he is not without questions. Those questions are not small ones. He's completely dependent on his athleticism, and while it's extreme in ability, it's still subjective to his ability to stay healthy. He's a super powered charged tweener, but he's still a positional tweener. Sure he can jump out of the gym for the first 20-30 games when he's fresh, but what about 50-60 games in when he's battered and teams are hammering him and he's getting knocked around in the paint and not getting calls in his favor?

There are people already anointing him as a decade long All Star and future HOFer and will dominate the league immediately as a rookie player. Sometimes you get a Shaq or a LBJ, but those are pretty rare. But some of these guys also wanted to give Trey Burke and Enes Kanter long term deals as well.

No one is saying No to Zion, they are saying there are big questions ( fair ones) and whether a trade is a good option if the Knicks win the first overall pick ( pretty unlikely)

If we have the opportunity to draft and develop Zion and we (a) trade him, (b) are scared off by his health, or (c) are concerned about how he fits here, well, then I would say that is effectively saying no to Zion. You can say you're discussing the merits but I say that talk has absolutely no merit. Semantic it all you want. When a player is that much more dominant than his competition, again, you take him. He has produced. He has upside. OBAMA SAW HIM PLAY. Obama. Saw. Him. Play. Come on, anyone pontificating about this just wants to be able to reference back to this should he not work out. That's all this crap is. No one needs to hear me say Zion is good. It is so friggin obvious that people are focusing on all the wrong stuff just to have a dissenting opinion.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/23/2019  9:01 AM
Zion is so powerful normal shoes cannot contain. No way he does not go No. 1. Just make the pick and enjoy the next 15 years of this Barkley/Larry Johnson/Karl Malone clone.
Trust the Process
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/24/2019  9:26 AM
RJ Barrett had 30 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds and shot 70 per cent from the floor.

I’m jus sayin.’

once a knick always a knick
Marv
2/24/2019  10:23 AM
^i get it on the risk. would you still take him if we get the #1 and there’s no deal we like? who’s your #1 pick instead?
Pass On Zion

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy