Author Thread
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/19/2019  1:52 PM
franco12 wrote:
Moonangie wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Amazing the level of incoherence when it comes to someone who's just about single-handedly running the NCAA at the absolute highest level. We have to have someone who's not Charles Barkley (even though Barkley wasn't anywhere near 6'7") because THE LEAGUE RIGHT THIS SECOND has bypassed big players, but we can't expect one person to carry the load because the last crew to win chips here were all seasoned professionals, FORTY FUCKING YEARS AGO. Most of the same people puking on Zion are jerking off over Mitch Robinson and Frankie and Knox. Unreal.

The kid's not just a rare physical freak, he's got the IQ and mentality to go with it that we never saw with LeQ out of high school. He's thoughtful, he's team-oriented and we're not looking at the last Knicks 'saviour' with legs of clay. His trunk and lower body are built to sustain impact. The kid is as close to the ****ing Hulk as any athlete to come to the lottery. But let's pass on him waiting for Earl's magically constructed gazelle.

Is he Giannis? Who gives a ****? Anyone looking at Giannis' shooting percentages? He couldn't hit a jumper consistently from further than 8 feet if you put a gun to his head.

Is he KD? Again, who gives a ****? KD won lots of chips before taking the ***** move to GS, right?

You put all these "grown men" we already have around this juggernaut, and things are going to get scary good around here right quick.

Exactly. We're taking the kid if we get the first pick, just like ANY team that lands the #1.

A few points for consideration:

1. Lebron wasn't a good shooter in his first couple of years
2. Max-class FA will not sign with us after 7/1 if we pass on Zion 6/20. FFS, would you?
3. Zion is a legit franchise stud and fills a position of need.

Are we really gonna pass on this kid with the #1? No effing way.

I have to imagine FA's know basketball, know what kind of player Zion is going to be, and would probably line up to play with him if we landed him.

Yep... yep... yep...
But if we never get him (85%) then trading using the pick is one of the options.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/19/2019  2:18 PM
I can't belive anyone would say no to Zion... this is the single most absurd draft stance I've heard since Briggs said Beasley over Rose. You people cannot be serious. I know it's a 'flawed' statistic, but Zion has a 42.3 PER and had the most beautiful block i have ever seen in my life. I am so glad that anti-Zion contingent isn't in charge of our draft.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/19/2019  4:08 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I can't belive anyone would say no to Zion... this is the single most absurd draft stance I've heard since Briggs said Beasley over Rose. You people cannot be serious. I know it's a 'flawed' statistic, but Zion has a 42.3 PER and had the most beautiful block i have ever seen in my life. I am so glad that anti-Zion contingent isn't in charge of our draft.

Its easy to say no to zion and then assume more picks would yield better returns. If its "a crapshoot" to make one pick, then you increase the odds to have more picks. If "Luck" is when preparation meets opportunity then better to have more opportunities?

The best scouts see the potential. I for one cannot see what Zion will or won't become. Obviously the gushing is either hype and if so it will diminish over time. Fultz, Bennett, Kwame.......and many many others in the top 5 proved to be busts. But........and there is always a but, there are the hyped that pan out.

Zion is freak. So was KP. They do things with those bodies we have never seen anyone do before and stay healthy. But is this "Mutant" the beginning of a new trend of super athletes? Wilt, Kareem, Malone, Jordan and Lebron all stand as freaks mostly because they sustained health and not got held down by injury.

Zion is the love child of Barkley, Malone and Wes Unseld. Kid has hops, as did Barkley, The physique of Karl, and the build (look at a very young Unseld in college)of Wes. At 19 no peer. Larry Johnson did not look like this kid.
Just because it has yet to exist, does not mean it can't. Zion won't destroy the pro game, but then he is just 19. Thus, he will get stronger. Will he be a mouth breathing fatty? Those knees engineered to fly? I don't know.
But I'd like to find out! Draft him and build with him. If he is the epicenter, then we would have built around him.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
2/19/2019  5:03 PM
Hype is the bull**** you hear about 98% of the kids that look like beasts in high school or the 7 footers eating up the Belgium league. (Wow, I miss BRIGGS ).

Hype isn't starting at Duke and setting comeback records and scaring the living sheehit out of Division 1 ball teams. Most of the mouth breathing Triple pieces of **** (Copyright Nalodian, LLC) playing in the G League couldn't start at Duke.

It will be interesting to see what happens during March Madness. Maybe Zion's a fluke. He surely doesn't look or sound or read like it to this point.

Like people love to croon on aimlessly about our "too French" PG, mother****er's ONLY 19 YEARS OLD.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/19/2019  5:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:Hype is the bull**** you hear about 98% of the kids that look like beasts in high school or the 7 footers eating up the Belgium league. (Wow, I miss BRIGGS ).

Hype isn't starting at Duke and setting comeback records and scaring the living sheehit out of Division 1 ball teams. Most of the mouth breathing Triple pieces of **** (Copyright Nalodian, LLC) playing in the G League couldn't start at Duke.

It will be interesting to see what happens during March Madness. Maybe Zion's a fluke. He surely doesn't look or sound or read like it to this point.

Like people love to croon on aimlessly about our "too French" PG, mother****er's ONLY 19 YEARS OLD.

I don't see what Frank has to do with this, but I agree that this kid is more than a dinner. He's got an assortment of hesitation, crossover and spin moves that allow him to get free. Plus, he sees the floor fairly well for a big man and has an innate sense of when to cut and dive. I like Barrett, but Zion has a higher ceiling. I'm sure some these guys would've passed off on Kristaps with the four pick. "Oh, he's too skinny! I've never seen a 7'4" guy move like that, so he must be a fluke!'

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/19/2019  5:21 PM
PassTheBall wrote:There is way too much hype on Zion. That said his skill set could and should translate to the NBA. But without his quickness his strength is marginalized. I don’t think we will get the number one pick but if we do we should trade it for a larger pot of unprotected 1sts or something of future value. There will certainly be another very talented player (perhaps even better) later in the draft. That’s a given. Let’s do another MRob pick.
Not really hype... he's the best college player, plays both ends, is a good kid and a generational athlete. After Zion Ja looks like the goods. After that your stars are thin. Barrett is really good but he's a totally average NBA athlete
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
2/19/2019  8:05 PM
Triple is holding out on his Zion gossip.
jrodmc
Member: #805
USA
2/20/2019  10:49 AM
I think he shot the wad with the whole fat, alcoholic, coke snorting thing.

Gotta admit though, POS versus FA was pure posting gold. That's got new send closk possibilities all over it.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/20/2019  11:02 AM
No way you pass on this kid if you have the number 1 pick...He is dominating the college basketball scene...Not only is he athletically and physically superior to the opposition, but for his size, he has shown to be a skilled passer, ball handler and its obvious the kid thinks the game. He's by far the best prospect in the draft so why would anyone in their right mind pass on this kid if he is available especially when there isn't anyone else close to his potential?
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/20/2019  1:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/20/2019  1:13 PM
misterearl wrote:Charles Barkley was outstanding. But he never led a team to win a ring.

The hype that precedes him will be so intense, and the New York expectations so high, he can only fail.

Alternate direction: trust the process can last another three years. The next component should be 6’10 with the handles of rod strickland, shot of Bob McAdoo and the hops of a gazelle

Patience

Oh we taking guesses here. Ok, I'll play. Zion will be better than LBJ. This is fun. Now what?

Fact is, Zion has shown, at every level, that he is a superior athlete that can dominate. At 285 all muscle with 40+ vertical, dont see how guys like KP or Frank (Grown men) will stop that.

And No offense, but there could be a case made that if Curry, KD, Thompson were in Barkleys shoes(Not on a super team but asked to carry the entire responsibility of winning a chip), they too would be Chipless right now. As you can make a case that Barkley in his prime, on the GS front runners, would easily win a chip as well.

But OK, so Zion is all hype. (Guess dominating the NCAA as a freshman is all hype?) who is that super human you speak off? I want to save the date for when Zion runs him over and makes gazelle jerky out of him.,

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Nalod
USA
2/20/2019  1:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
misterearl wrote:Charles Barkley was outstanding. But he never led a team to win a ring.

The hype that precedes him will be so intense, and the New York expectations so high, he can only fail.

Alternate direction: trust the process can last another three years. The next component should be 6’10 with the handles of rod strickland, shot of Bob McAdoo and the hops of a gazelle

Patience

Oh we taking guesses here. Ok, I'll play. Zion will be better than LBJ. This is fun. Now what?

Fact is, Zion has shown, at every level, that he is a superior athlete that can dominate. At 285 all muscle with 40+ vertical, dont see how guys like KP or Frank will stop that.

And No offense, but there could be a case made that if Curry, KD, Thompson were in Barkleys shoes(Not on a super team but asked to carry the entire responsibility of winning a chip), they too would be Chipless right now. As you can make a case that Barkley in his prime, on the GS front runners, would easily win a chip as well.

But OK, so Zion is all hype. (Guess dominating the NCAA as a freshman is all hype?) who is that super human you speak off? I want to save the date for when Zion runs him over and makes gazelle jerky out of him.,

I think Marv said it right, it was KP!!!
I want what Mister wants, but I don't agree with his logic.
Rod McAZingis does not exist.
End of the day we are mathematically likely not to get a chance at Zion so until the lotto is done its a moot issue.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/20/2019  5:26 PM
Ok now. We gonna pass on Zion. Got it? Good. Let that sink in. feeeeeeeel it. He is there for the picking but we are going to do the improbable. The unthinkable. The inconceivable. 14%. Think about it. Yes, thats the feeling I want to go into this draft with. None of that what if we get the first pick. Forget that. No what ifs. We are going to pass on Zion, we have our reasons. Trust me on this. There
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
2/20/2019  7:13 PM
ramtour420 wrote:Ok now. We gonna pass on Zion. Got it? Good. Let that sink in. feeeeeeeel it. He is there for the picking but we are going to do the improbable. The unthinkable. The inconceivable. 14%. Think about it. Yes, thats the feeling I want to go into this draft with. None of that what if we get the first pick. Forget that. No what ifs. We are going to pass on Zion, we have our reasons. Trust me on this. There

They must want Bol Bol.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

2/20/2019  7:27 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Ok now. We gonna pass on Zion. Got it? Good. Let that sink in. feeeeeeeel it. He is there for the picking but we are going to do the improbable. The unthinkable. The inconceivable. 14%. Think about it. Yes, thats the feeling I want to go into this draft with. None of that what if we get the first pick. Forget that. No what ifs. We are going to pass on Zion, we have our reasons. Trust me on this. There

They must want Bol Bol.

The fact Bol Bol hasn't played in a month makes him a more intriguing prospect. Players look much better in our imagination than they do in real life. We'd be hyping Zion as the best prospect in 50 years if he was redshirted.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Allanfan20
Member: #542
USA
2/20/2019  7:28 PM
I like these 2 a little bit more after this video.
https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2019-02-20/mbk-katz-convo-rj-barrett-zion-williamson
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

2/20/2019  10:09 PM
No more tryin' for Zion?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/duke-vs-unc-zion-williamson-blows-out-of-his-sneaker-during-first-minute-of-game/

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/20/2019  11:16 PM
Its over and are pick has become worthless if its number 1.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG

2/20/2019  11:29 PM
Jmpasq wrote:Its over and are pick has become worthless if its number 1.

Don't know for sure. But this might be our "process" moment. Assuming it's a serious injury, would you still gamble a pick on him like Philly did with Embiid?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/20/2019  11:42 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/21/2019  1:06 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Injuries can happened with everyone.
Hopefully he will be OK.
But this is a reminder that you need multiple baskets and multiple eggs.
Sounds boring but true...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Pass On Zion

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy