Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2019  10:33 AM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:https://theknicksreport.com/2019/02/12/kadeem-allen-is-why-the-knicks-should-have-traded-frank-ntilikina/

Knicks found another good player in Kadeem Allen

The New York Knicks have a big problem, aside from losing 17 straight games. The problem has to do with guards Kadeem Allen and Frank Ntilikina.

The Knicks signed Allen from their G League affiliate after both Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay went down with injuries. They also acquired Dennis Smith Jr, in the Kristaps Porzingis trade, which has helped provide some depth at point guard.

So now with both Smith and Allen playing well over the past few games, the Knicks have a problem.

It’s obvious that Smith is here to stay as a former lottery pick and both Allen and Mudiay have proven their value to Knicks’ head coach David Fizdale this season. Allen has looked really good over the last two games with 14 points against the Toronto Raptors and 25 against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Oh, and he can also play defense.

So when Ntilikina comes back, where does he fit in?

The Knicks could have traded Ntilikina to the Orlando Magic prior to the deadline in exchange for a second round pick, but weren’t willing to make the move due to the fact that they weren’t going to get a first round pick in return.

Now the Knicks will have a log jam at the guard position when both Ntilikina and Mudiay come back and I don’t see a reason for Frank to play while the guys ahead of him continue to produce.

Aside from Ntilikina, New York still needs to figure out who their starting point guard should be going forward once Muiday returns as well.

This logic befuddles me. They should have traded Frank for nothing (essentially nothing or below some line of value) because over the last 2 months of the season they have a backlog of players?

That would set up the small possibility of having ONLY DSJr on the roster next year if Mudiay jumps and Kadeem doesn't stick for whatever reason.

Knicks certainly have a mish mash of PGs who all have severe flaws. Randomly trading them away without a long term plan doesn't seem like a good path.

No way would I trade Frank for a 2nd pick...But it just goes to show how low his market value is.

low ball offers from other teams isn't really a good indicator to market value unless player has been canvassed a lot.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/14/2019  12:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  1:02 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:Ironically, this is the situation I think would be good for Frank to get G-League minutes.

I agree but Frank seems fragile to me. It shouldn't be a risk sending him there but it might be. He strikes me as a moody, angry teenager

never got moody or angry sense from Frank. To me his confidence is shot and he doesn't yet play ball as an adult but rather still a kid who is overwhelmed and hasn't sealed in the right mentality to playing

perhaps a better way of stating it

he looks a lot like Knox but to me Frank acts way younger

to clarify: I do think he got angry when he got yanked from the rotation. Perhaps frustrated would be a better word. To me, they belong in the same bucket

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/14/2019  1:35 PM
Uptown wrote:
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:https://theknicksreport.com/2019/02/12/kadeem-allen-is-why-the-knicks-should-have-traded-frank-ntilikina/

The New York Knicks have a big problem, aside from losing 17 straight games. The problem has to do with guards Kadeem Allen and Frank Ntilikina.

The Knicks signed Allen from their G League affiliate after both Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay went down with injuries. They also acquired Dennis Smith Jr, in the Kristaps Porzingis trade, which has helped provide some depth at point guard.

So now with both Smith and Allen playing well over the past few games, the Knicks have a problem.

It’s obvious that Smith is here to stay as a former lottery pick and both Allen and Mudiay have proven their value to Knicks’ head coach David Fizdale this season. Allen has looked really good over the last two games with 14 points against the Toronto Raptors and 25 against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Oh, and he can also play defense.

The Knicks could have traded Ntilikina to the Orlando Magic prior to the deadline in exchange for a second round pick, but weren’t willing to make the move due to the fact that they weren’t going to get a first round pick in return.

Now the Knicks will have a log jam at the guard position when both Ntilikina and Mudiay come back and I don’t see a reason for Frank to play while the guys ahead of him continue to produce.

Aside from Ntilikina, New York still needs to figure out who their starting point guard should be going forward once Muiday returns as well.

This logic befuddles me. They should have traded Frank for nothing (essentially nothing or below some line of value) because over the last 2 months of the season they have a backlog of players?

That would set up the small possibility of having ONLY DSJr on the roster next year if Mudiay jumps and Kadeem doesn't stick for whatever reason.

Knicks certainly have a mish mash of PGs who all have severe flaws. Randomly trading them away without a long term plan doesn't seem like a good path.

No way would I trade Frank for a 2nd pick...But it just goes to show how low his market value is.

He's not worth more than a 2nd rnd pick..and he's not better than any guard on the team.

ES
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

2/14/2019  1:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

It's a ridiculous way to develop and truly evaluate what you have in a player..

Are they really going to try and play Frank, DSJ, Trier, Kadeem,jenkins, mudiay on a nightly basis for the remainder of the season, or play them 9 minutes a piece, play who's every got the hot hand, play who's ever defending well, play who evers hitting their FT..like what is the plan?

Coach Fizdale will really mess those players (mention above) heads-up under a TANKING system called playing-time tonite DNP next game !!!

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/14/2019  1:43 PM
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Are they really going to try and play Frank, DSJ, Trier, Kadeem,jenkins, mudiay on a nightly basis for the remainder of the season, or play them 9 minutes a piece, play who's every got the hot hand, play who's ever defending well, play who evers hitting their FT..like what is the plan?

Coach Fizdale will really mess those players (mention above) heads-up under a TANKING system called playing-time tonite DNP next game !!!

Can't blame fiz too much, because he is getting orders from his boss that saddling him with the most lopsided roster in all of sports..

ES
Kemet
Member: #6148

2/14/2019  1:48 PM
Kadeem Allen 2-Way performance leading the point under so many different lineups in 9 games has showed to be a Keeper for next season.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/14/2019  2:17 PM
Kemet wrote:Kadeem Allen 2-Way performance leading the point under so many different lineups in 9 games has showed to be a Keeper for next season.

Let the season play out first. I remember having similar conversations about Trey Burke last year. We're nearing the All-Star break and teams are stepping off the gas pedal. Let's see see Allen keeps it up. I will add that I also think Kadeem has looked good so far.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/14/2019  2:26 PM
Kemet wrote:Kadeem Allen 2-Way performance leading the point under so many different lineups in 9 games has showed to be a Keeper for next season.

I thought you said Fiz messed the pgs heads up?

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

2/14/2019  3:25 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:Ironically, this is the situation I think would be good for Frank to get G-League minutes.

I agree but Frank seems fragile to me. It shouldn't be a risk sending him there but it might be. He strikes me as a moody, angry teenager

never got moody or angry sense from Frank. To me his confidence is shot and he doesn't yet play ball as an adult but rather still a kid who is overwhelmed and hasn't sealed in the right mentality to playing

perhaps a better way of stating it

he looks a lot like Knox but to me Frank acts way younger

to clarify: I do think he got angry when he got yanked from the rotation. Perhaps frustrated would be a better word. To me, they belong in the same bucket

This is wrong in so many ways. One thing about Knox; he learned offense under Hardaway Jr. and Burke. He's now accustomed to jacking up shots, fearing he won't see the ball again. Frank, when he returns, will be playing with a team of players who are emphasising ball movement, less ISO. It is on Fiz to push for ball movement and hitting the open man. Not this inane ball pounding and forced shots as the clock expires. Oddly enough, Frank was having a good game right before his groin injury. Shooting a three, a mid-range shot and two successful drives to the rim. Hopefully the coach will continue this path, as opposed to hoping that Dennis Smith can create something with his dribble and errant passes..

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/14/2019  7:03 PM
Kadeem has looked great. I don’t see him as Burke like because his strengths are defense and moving the ball. His size is much better than Burke. He can switch on d and not immediately be a mismatch. He also has been hitting the three which was a weakness for him. The second unit has been amazung since Kadeem has been playing the point. I think he is a keeper. The Knicks are in the talent acquisition phase. Kadeem has talent and would be a very cost effective signing. I think Mudiay is gone. I think Framk’s Best role for now might be as a secondary ball handler unless they want to force feed him minutes at the point in Westchester.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/14/2019  10:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Kadeem has looked great. I don’t see him as Burke like because his strengths are defense and moving the ball. His size is much better than Burke. He can switch on d and not immediately be a mismatch. He also has been hitting the three which was a weakness for him. The second unit has been amazung since Kadeem has been playing the point. I think he is a keeper. The Knicks are in the talent acquisition phase. Kadeem has talent and would be a very cost effective signing. I think Mudiay is gone. I think Framk’s Best role for now might be as a secondary ball handler unless they want to force feed him minutes at the point in Westchester.

Agreed...Allen deserves mins even when Frank and Mud return...Allen has put together a better string of games than Frank has...add to that the fact that Jenkins shooting ability is too valuable to remove from the lineup...Mario might be done...Fiz and the front office has some decisions to make.

blkexec
Member: #748
2/14/2019  10:46 PM
Dem Arizona Boys...
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/15/2019  12:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2019  12:00 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Can't blame fiz too much, because he is getting orders from his boss that saddling him with the most lopsided roster in all of sports..

Pure Fiz... I would be glad to be sadden with his position, his money, his wife, and life-stile.
With the team finally clean from all drek he is in great position to succeed.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/23/2019  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2019  3:56 PM

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/24/2019  8:17 AM
Allen's best trait are his quick decisions. Wastes little time running the offense. If Kadeem can keep playing around this level, hope mgmt signs Allen to help fill out the bench. If the Knicks end up signing max players, finding diamonds in the rough will be important as well.

Wish Fizdale could have used Frank's injury as an excuse to send him to G-League to rehab. The staff there has really been outstanding in developing players. If Frank is a candidate to be traded in the offseason, G league might be his last chance to change the way he plays.

Hard to get PT now with all the new additions. Other than G-league, Frank is going to have to come back and fight for a spot like his career depended on it. Dont know if he has that in him.

this kadeem allen fellow...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy