[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

this kadeem allen fellow...
Author Thread
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

2/13/2019  8:19 PM
Might be earning himself a reserve role on next years team. Sign him to that trier like extension soon and lock him up.
Guy plays with intensity on the defensive end and has enough of an offense to deserve more respect behind the arc than Frank
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/13/2019  10:19 PM
Just showed you how valuable the g league is. Frank should have been down there a few times already. Kadeem Earned the right to play over Frank in just a handful of games
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/13/2019  10:36 PM
I’m pro Frank...but I agree
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/13/2019  10:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:Just showed you how valuable the g league is. Frank should have been down there a few times already. Kadeem Earned the right to play over Frank in just a handful of games

At least once wouldnt have killed him. Frank would also likely bring back the desire never to be sent to G-League again. Something that might have helped him turn the corner.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/13/2019  10:40 PM
The G league helped Hardaway too...
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/13/2019  10:47 PM
Uptown wrote:The G league helped Hardaway too...

not a lot. lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

2/13/2019  11:11 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

not a lot. lol

It was worth 4 yr/71mil. That's a lot.

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/13/2019  11:26 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

not a lot. lol

It was worth 4 yr/71mil. That's a lot.

Mills just looks smart.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

2/13/2019  11:50 PM
Beware of guys stat padding on the worst team in the NBA.

Guy needs to show his worth on a real team in real games. A lot of these guys do.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/14/2019  12:51 AM
Putting things into context: Rivers/Harper/Anthony/Childs/Ward weren't "stars" during their times with the Knicks, but they all played meaningful minutes at PG on what I considered "championship contender"-quality Knick teams.

It was a different time: Childs was a 27yo rookie, Anthony was a 24yo rookie, Ward was a 24yo rookie (got his first break with minutes at age 26!).

Well, Allen just turned 26 about 4 weeks ago and is the most ancient member of our current group of potential PGs.

Could the likes of Allen, Trier, Ntilikina, Mudiay, or DSJ be worthy of ~24mpg+ on a top playoff contender? Would any of these guys crack the rotation on a Ewing/Starks/Houston-led Knicks team?

In that light, I kind of think Allen actually fits that role best - he's a capable complementary offensive player, and is a bully on defense.

When we look at the team we put on the floor now, we're so star-deprived that we have the expectation that these guys have to develop into big time stars with minimally 15ppg/6apg/3rpg/1.5spg upside or they're not worth it.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/14/2019  8:39 AM
JamesKPolk wrote:Beware of guys stat padding on the worst team in the NBA.

Guy needs to show his worth on a real team in real games. A lot of these guys do.

Out of 30 teams you be hard pressed to find 10 real teams....

Kadeem is pretty good

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/14/2019  9:09 AM

Maybe.

Cant take away from the level of play he has shown. Dont need stats to see the guy is confident, comfortable, knows his position and has a good feel for the game. Betyer team mates would probably make him better.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Uptown

2/14/2019  9:44 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Out of 30 teams you be hard pressed to find 10 real teams....

Kadeem is pretty good

No doubt

Uptown

2/14/2019  9:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2019  9:46 AM
https://theknicksreport.com/2019/02/12/kadeem-allen-is-why-the-knicks-should-have-traded-frank-ntilikina/

Knicks found another good player in Kadeem Allen

The New York Knicks have a big problem, aside from losing 17 straight games. The problem has to do with guards Kadeem Allen and Frank Ntilikina.

The Knicks signed Allen from their G League affiliate after both Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay went down with injuries. They also acquired Dennis Smith Jr, in the Kristaps Porzingis trade, which has helped provide some depth at point guard.

So now with both Smith and Allen playing well over the past few games, the Knicks have a problem.

It’s obvious that Smith is here to stay as a former lottery pick and both Allen and Mudiay have proven their value to Knicks’ head coach David Fizdale this season. Allen has looked really good over the last two games with 14 points against the Toronto Raptors and 25 against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Oh, and he can also play defense.

So when Ntilikina comes back, where does he fit in?

The Knicks could have traded Ntilikina to the Orlando Magic prior to the deadline in exchange for a second round pick, but weren’t willing to make the move due to the fact that they weren’t going to get a first round pick in return.

Now the Knicks will have a log jam at the guard position when both Ntilikina and Mudiay come back and I don’t see a reason for Frank to play while the guys ahead of him continue to produce.

Aside from Ntilikina, New York still needs to figure out who their starting point guard should be going forward once Muiday returns as well.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2019  9:59 AM
Uptown wrote:https://theknicksreport.com/2019/02/12/kadeem-allen-is-why-the-knicks-should-have-traded-frank-ntilikina/

The New York Knicks have a big problem, aside from losing 17 straight games. The problem has to do with guards Kadeem Allen and Frank Ntilikina.

The Knicks signed Allen from their G League affiliate after both Ntilikina and Emmanuel Mudiay went down with injuries. They also acquired Dennis Smith Jr, in the Kristaps Porzingis trade, which has helped provide some depth at point guard.

So now with both Smith and Allen playing well over the past few games, the Knicks have a problem.

It’s obvious that Smith is here to stay as a former lottery pick and both Allen and Mudiay have proven their value to Knicks’ head coach David Fizdale this season. Allen has looked really good over the last two games with 14 points against the Toronto Raptors and 25 against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Oh, and he can also play defense.

The Knicks could have traded Ntilikina to the Orlando Magic prior to the deadline in exchange for a second round pick, but weren’t willing to make the move due to the fact that they weren’t going to get a first round pick in return.

Now the Knicks will have a log jam at the guard position when both Ntilikina and Mudiay come back and I don’t see a reason for Frank to play while the guys ahead of him continue to produce.

Aside from Ntilikina, New York still needs to figure out who their starting point guard should be going forward once Muiday returns as well.

This logic befuddles me. They should have traded Frank for nothing (essentially nothing or below some line of value) because over the last 2 months of the season they have a backlog of players?

That would set up the small possibility of having ONLY DSJr on the roster next year if Mudiay jumps and Kadeem doesn't stick for whatever reason.

Knicks certainly have a mish mash of PGs who all have severe flaws. Randomly trading them away without a long term plan doesn't seem like a good path.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/14/2019  10:01 AM
Ironically, this is the situation I think would be good for Frank to get G-League minutes.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/14/2019  10:13 AM
martin wrote:Ironically, this is the situation I think would be good for Frank to get G-League minutes.

I agree but Frank seems fragile to me. It shouldn't be a risk sending him there but it might be. He strikes me as a moody, angry teenager

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
USA
2/14/2019  10:20 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:Ironically, this is the situation I think would be good for Frank to get G-League minutes.

I agree but Frank seems fragile to me. It shouldn't be a risk sending him there but it might be. He strikes me as a moody, angry teenager

never got moody or angry sense from Frank. To me his confidence is shot and he doesn't yet play ball as an adult but rather still a kid who is overwhelmed and hasn't sealed in the right mentality to playing

knicks1248
Member: #582
2/14/2019  10:26 AM
martin wrote:
Uptown wrote:https://theknicksreport.com/2019/02/12/kadeem-allen-is-why-the-knicks-should-have-traded-frank-ntilikina/

This logic befuddles me. They should have traded Frank for nothing (essentially nothing or below some line of value) because over the last 2 months of the season they have a backlog of players?

That would set up the small possibility of having ONLY DSJr on the roster next year if Mudiay jumps and Kadeem doesn't stick for whatever reason.

Knicks certainly have a mish mash of PGs who all have severe flaws. Randomly trading them away without a long term plan doesn't seem like a good path.

It's a ridiculous way to develop and truly evaluate what you have in a player..

Are they really going to try and play Frank, DSJ, Trier, Kadeem,jenkins, mudiay on a nightly basis for the remainder of the season, or play them 9 minutes a piece, play who's every got the hot hand, play who's ever defending well, play who evers hitting their FT..like what is the plan?

ES
Uptown

2/14/2019  10:26 AM
martin wrote:

No way would I trade Frank for a 2nd pick...But it just goes to show how low his market value is.

this kadeem allen fellow...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy