[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dennis Smith Jr vs. Porzingis
Author Thread
nyk2017
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7538

2/9/2019  12:22 AM
Who is going to be better in 5 years. I think we are going to win this trade big time. DSJr is going to be better than KP. That is not even counting the 2 first round picks and the freed up cap space (KD and Kyrie?)
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
2/9/2019  2:35 AM
If only the knicks listened to me. DSJ was the obvious pick, just based on his flare alone. And how his dunking and highlights would give life to us knick fans looking for a bolt of lightning. And guess what, we get both picks...The best of both worlds.

KP is turning into a melo premadona....Thanks to his brother and melo's mentorship. Welcome to the knicks DSJ.

Does this mean we go hard after KD and AD....instead of Kyrie?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
RonRon
Member: #246
2/9/2019  2:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  2:56 AM
Terry Rozier >>> DSR

In EVERY category

if we can sell high on DSJ and acquire Rozier for less than Starter money i think it would be a HUGE upgrade
in fact Rozier probably better than Irving in running a team/defense/identity and most importantly tempo/system/keeping others involved

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/9/2019  6:19 AM
I Like DSjr's game. He just needs to keep getting experience and improving on defense. In two years, we may look back and see that we won the Dallas trade.
Trust the Process
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
2/9/2019  7:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  7:01 AM
There is a tendency of sports fans and especially Knicks fans to get carried away by numbers posted by player in one game or stretch of few games.
Every young player on this Knicks squad did this kind of trick.
Consistency is the sign of quality and maturity of the player.
So we are going to see...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/9/2019  8:18 AM
nyk2017 wrote:Who is going to be better in 5 years. I think we are going to win this trade big time. DSJr is going to be better than KP. That is not even counting the 2 first round picks and the freed up cap space (KD and Kyrie?)
KP is so injury prone. I keep thinking about his chronic elbow injury and because of his height guys would hit that elbow. Just one of many injuries but his height, build, anemia etc make him a huge injury risk even if he didn’t have a flawed character. The Knicks did great in this trade.
It’s nice to have a player on the court that cares enough to do things like knock Blake to the ground. The Knicks haven’t had a player that would go there for along time. Kanter pretended he would b but Smith is different.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/9/2019  9:01 AM
nyk2017 wrote:Who is going to be better in 5 years. I think we are going to win this trade big time. DSJr is going to be better than KP. That is not even counting the 2 first round picks and the freed up cap space (KD and Kyrie?)

We really shouldn’t go to this extent to compare them. KP was absolutely dominant on both ends of the floor for stretches and that’s something Smith will never be. He’s not yet impacting winning, but I’m encouraged with what I see. I just don’t see a Porzingis level talent whatsoever.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/9/2019  9:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2019  9:16 AM
arkrud wrote:There is a tendency of sports fans and especially Knicks fans to get carried away by numbers posted by player in one game or stretch of few games.

Not necessarily...let's be honest, Frank's numbers have been anemic and still has a ton of supporters here. Beyond the numbers, we love players that have that dog in them and show toughness and passion. DSJ is showing those elements already.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
2/9/2019  9:24 AM
I don't think Smith is going to better than KP, if KP stays healthy, but if Smith turns himself into a true starting pg for this team for the next 10 years, then I think we won the trade. We got cap space, a new defensive center, and two 1st round picks, plus the PG we have been looking for the past eight years.
Trust the Process
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/9/2019  10:56 AM

Now you're taking it too far. I like what DSJ does but is he a starting POINT GUARD on a winning team? Not so sure about that. All i've seen so far is a guy that looks like Derrick Rose light, that's great in all cause the scoring is fun and how quick he is at getting to the basket is fun and seems to throw some nice lobs to his big guys but i want a true point guard that knows how to set his teammates up when on the court. Maybe he can get to that but as of right now i'm not sure if he will or not. His shooting and definitely his defense need work as well. I'm good with him and glad we got him but better then a healthy KP? Nope.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

2/9/2019  10:58 AM
arkrud wrote:There is a tendency of sports fans and especially Knicks fans to get carried away by numbers posted by player in one game or stretch of few games.

Well said

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/9/2019  11:12 AM

Yup. One good game and people are ready to anoint someone the point guard of the future because his numbers are at an all star level.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/9/2019  11:23 AM
RonRon wrote:Terry Rozier >>> DSR

In EVERY category

if we can sell high on DSJ and acquire Rozier for less than Starter money i think it would be a HUGE upgrade
in fact Rozier probably better than Irving in running a team/defense/identity and most importantly tempo/system/keeping others involved

No? Rozier's the very definition of mediocrity. He's also a worse shooter and gets less assists than DSJr so I don't know what you mean by EVERY category. And that's comparing Rozier's 4th year with DSJr's 2nd; here's the comparison for both players 2nd years: https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Terry+Rozier&player_id1_select=Terry+Rozier&y1=2017&player_id1=roziete01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Dennis+Smith+Jr.&player_id2_select=Dennis+Smith+Jr.&y2=2019&player_id2=smithde03&idx=players

No doubt that Knicks fans are, as usual, overrating our own player but I don't see Rozier as anything other than a mediocrity.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
2/9/2019  1:41 PM
KP >>>>> DSJ.
Is even stupid to think differently
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2019  2:26 PM
LegendD wrote:KP >>>>> DSJ.
Is even stupid to think differently

Yeah. Barring injuries, this is a no-brainer. But a lot could happen. KP is fragile, DSJ has a coach who believes in him etc. Real talk: I wish the Knicks didn't have to make that trade. Unfortunately, Janis overplayed his hand and we had to move. I think we got a solid return back, all things considered.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/9/2019  2:33 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Now you're taking it too far. I like what DSJ does but is he a starting POINT GUARD on a winning team? Not so sure about that. All i've seen so far is a guy that looks like Derrick Rose light, that's great in all cause the scoring is fun and how quick he is at getting to the basket is fun and seems to throw some nice lobs to his big guys but i want a true point guard that knows how to set his teammates up when on the court. Maybe he can get to that but as of right now i'm not sure if he will or not. His shooting and definitely his defense need work as well. I'm good with him and glad we got him but better then a healthy KP? Nope.

He was frustrating his teammates last night. Big Men will like him because he will set them up near the rim but wings won't want to play with him. You think Durant would play with him. The guy doesn't want anyone else to have the ball

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2019  2:49 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

He was frustrating his teammates last night. Big Men will like him because he will set them up near the rim but wings won't want to play with him. You think Durant would play with him. The guy doesn't want anyone else to have the ball

It's unlikely he could play effectively with KD and Kyrie if he couldn't make it work with Luka. Fortunately, that's not an issue now. He's our tank commander. If we strike oil in free agency, than we can flip him. If not, we have a solid asset for our rebuild.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/9/2019  3:22 PM
Seems like all the feedback above is true - he's very talented, hogs the ball too much right now, is super athletic, little idea how to run a team and immature... He clearly has tools that a lot of PG's we tried to make work - didn't. That said, it can be a curse or a blessing when you're athletically gifted (eg Steve Francis) - let's hope we create an environment that fights against the entitlement that we see with a lot of young, talented, AAU-type players.

Best case - he retains his athleticism and matures faster and becomes a ball distributor that can take over when appropriate/needed. If so - we definitely got a really good player. If not, he'll be moving on in the future and we'll look for the next one with a similar skill-set. Pairing him with Frank may help increase the ball movement, model defensive play and bring out his strengths.

We did the best we oould given the circumstances with KP - all trades are a roll of the dice so we'll have to wait and see. It's not like he suddenly became athletic after the trade - there are plusses and minuses he has that we will see play out (and have to work on).

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
2/9/2019  3:45 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Seems like all the feedback above is true - he's very talented, hogs the ball too much right now, is super athletic, little idea how to run a team and immature... He clearly has tools that a lot of PG's we tried to make work - didn't. That said, it can be a curse or a blessing when you're athletically gifted (eg Steve Francis) - let's hope we create an environment that fights against the entitlement that we see with a lot of young, talented, AAU-type players.

Best case - he retains his athleticism and matures faster and becomes a ball distributor that can take over when appropriate/needed. If so - we definitely got a really good player. If not, he'll be moving on in the future and we'll look for the next one with a similar skill-set. Pairing him with Frank may help increase the ball movement, model defensive play and bring out his strengths.

We did the best we oould given the circumstances with KP - all trades are a roll of the dice so we'll have to wait and see. It's not like he suddenly became athletic after the trade - there are plusses and minuses he has that we will see play out (and have to work on).

Honestly who doesn’t hog the ball on this team? Trier is a ball hog, Knox doesn’t pass much. Frank is the only one trying to get others involved. I like how DSJ is I think he can be a Lillard type of player. Given a great system I can see Frank and DSJ thriving. I still have to say this without a system of play we are not going to see much ball movement or player involvement. I think we already know DSJ can play in a no system play ground mode basketball. Can he play in a system that is the question.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/9/2019  5:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

It's unlikely he could play effectively with KD and Kyrie if he couldn't make it work with Luka. Fortunately, that's not an issue now. He's our tank commander. If we strike oil in free agency, than we can flip him. If not, we have a solid asset for our rebuild.

Trier looked really out of place with Smith on the Floor

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Dennis Smith Jr vs. Porzingis

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy