[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Players remaining on our team...
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/8/2019  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  12:13 PM
Andrew wrote:Makes sense that they would not move him right now. Wait until the offseason, and if you need to free up another 4.8M you could trade him to a team with some cap space and take nothing but a pick in return.

Remember, each team has to have 12 players on the roster, or they have to have a vet minimum cap hold of $0.9mil per spot to make up the short fall, so always subtract $0.9mil from the cap space you think you're going to get trading away one of our players in the offseason. With Frank and DSJ, their salaries would only free up $3.9mil and $3.6mil respectively, so it's not worth trading them away for cap space- only deals that will make sense will be for other players on rookie contracts who maybe play different positions.

AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

2/8/2019  12:12 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Begely said the magic were interested in Frank but we chose to keep him, which I think as the right decision. Need to develop him now in his future role- bench player, swinging between PG,SG, and SF. Also am looking forward to seeing him alongside Dennis Jr. Really, he just needs to nail his 3pt shooting (which I think he can do), and the rest of his game will follow.

I agree. Frank has more value to us as a guy who could be developed on a rookie deal than whatever crap we'd have gotten back. The biggest thing holding Frank back is his shot. I don't think his mechanics are broken or anything though. I just think he needs to find Allen Houston in the offseason and shoot with him over the summer, or maybe a guy like Rajon Rondo. This year, his shot has regressed. That's not good. But this isn't like we're asking Eddy Curry to rebound or block shots. If he can raise his FG% to 40 to 45% range, he becomes part of the solution. He doesn't need to score like DSJ and Knox, he just needs people to respect his shot. I don't think that that is impossible

Whn I look at Frank's shot he looks to be aiming. I think it is in his head. His mechanics look good, but I think it is in his head. I think once he completely sheds this timid play, he will look a lot better.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2019  12:15 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Begely said the magic were interested in Frank but we chose to keep him, which I think as the right decision. Need to develop him now in his future role- bench player, swinging between PG,SG, and SF. Also am looking forward to seeing him alongside Dennis Jr. Really, he just needs to nail his 3pt shooting (which I think he can do), and the rest of his game will follow.

I agree. Frank has more value to us as a guy who could be developed on a rookie deal than whatever crap we'd have gotten back. The biggest thing holding Frank back is his shot. I don't think his mechanics are broken or anything though. I just think he needs to find Allen Houston in the offseason and shoot with him over the summer, or maybe a guy like Rajon Rondo. This year, his shot has regressed. That's not good. But this isn't like we're asking Eddy Curry to rebound or block shots. If he can raise his FG% to 40 to 45% range, he becomes part of the solution. He doesn't need to score like DSJ and Knox, he just needs people to respect his shot. I don't think that that is impossible

Whn I look at Frank's shot he looks to be aiming. I think it is in his head. His mechanics look good, but I think it is in his head. I think once he completely sheds this timid play, he will look a lot better.

Definitely seems like a player who thinks too much- he's said that himself, I think

Juliano
Member: #7589

2/8/2019  12:31 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:When I look at Frank's shot he looks to be aiming. I think it is in his head. His mechanics look good, but I think it is in his head. I think once he completely sheds this timid play, he will look a lot better.

If he ever. At the moment I wouldn't bet my mortgage on it and I think he's more likely to bounce around the league until he's 23 and then be back in Europe but I hope he'll prove me wrong.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
2/8/2019  12:32 PM
martin wrote:
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:Surprised we did not acquire at least a 2nd rounder for Vonleh. Even Mudiay would help a playoff team as a secondary ball handler; although practicing against DSJr will make both players better.

If we do keep Ntlinkina he better work on his jump shot all summer.

LOL Mudiay couldn’t help the Knicks win games, what makes you think he’d help a playoff team?

Bad defense bad shooting bad finishing at the rim. What does he help you out with?

Martin - be nice, Mudiay has improved his finishing at the rim.

I'm fond of him, think he'd be great to keep, but realize there is hardly any interest in him out there.

His ability to help us tank is appreciated!

There's really only 3 teams in the league that need a PG(Knicks, Suns, Magic), and none of them are contenders.

What team is going to give up a pick for a guy that will be gone in 3 months....and with burke gone, it would be foolish to trade him

ES
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/8/2019  1:23 PM
martin wrote:
TLover wrote:Surprised we did not acquire at least a 2nd rounder for Vonleh. Even Mudiay would help a playoff team as a secondary ball handler; although practicing against DSJr will make both players better.

LOL Mudiay couldn’t help the Knicks win games, what makes you think he’d help a playoff team?

Bad defense bad shooting bad finishing at the rim. What does he help you out with?

Duh. He helps with the tank. Come on man. You better than this.

Kemet
Member: #6148

2/8/2019  4:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2019  4:07 PM
TLover wrote:
martin wrote:

Mudiay has some decent games this year. With DSJr now on the team, there’s really no need for him.
Will say that Mudiay has had a better season than Frank Ntlinkina- which is not saying much.

No! I would not say Mudiay had a better season than Frank!
I would say Fizdale coach and Substituted Mudiay 100% better than he did Frank.
Mudiay was giving long spurts of minutes in the same lineup each game.
Frank and Burke were giving short spot-minute spurts in different lineups each game.
In Frank short spurts of playing time the Knicks always went on a short runs of out scoring opponents but Frank wasn't doing the scoring just the distributing.

The other night I watch the Knicks vs Piston game where the Knicks never had the lead throughout the game, the only time the Knicks made a run to bring the Pistons lead down to 1 or 3 points were when the Knicks had the young PG Kadeem Allen on the court, instead of DSJ. But the media and fans praised DSJ for scoring 25 points on taking 25 shots, and only going to the foul line once in 40 minute of playing time !!!

Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/8/2019  4:21 PM
martin wrote:

where's your proof of this? have you looked at his offensive stats?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/8/2019  4:50 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

As a 1/2 season ticket holder and subscribe to MSG as my cable provider, have seen most if not all of the games.

Mudiay falling down without getting fouled when driving to the basket is super annoying but he has had a few 20 point 10 assist games... maybe Frank had one game like that

Kemet
Member: #6148

2/8/2019  5:24 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Mudiay is the PG running the point for 30 minute per game, his Knick record is 8-31 as the floor leader !!!

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/8/2019  6:36 PM
smackeddog wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I don't think all the stop-starting has helped him develop this season- whether it be benchings, being pulled from the starting lineup, or getting injured- I just want Fizzier to keep his role consistent for the rest of the season (and hope he doesn't get injured). Let him develop a rhythm.

That stuff is mostly his fault though. You can't have a guy especially a young one like Frank getting guaranteed big minutes regardless of performance and still keep the locker room together. I can't reall think of any player in the league that has played as poorly as Frank has and has gotten the minutes Frank has or more. It's not a Knicks or Fizdale thing it's a professional basketball thing.

Cartman718

2/8/2019  7:24 PM
Kemet... now he’s the floor leader. Which of THJr Knox Burke kanter ever listened to Fiz’s appointed floor leader
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2019  12:21 AM
Frank was made untouchable. WE traded KP, not frank. Ha ha Rainman!!!!
TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/9/2019  1:14 AM
Looks like DSJr is our point guard of the future. Would keep D. Jordan next season at 12 million and use other 12 on another mid level free agent while just using one max space on hopefully KD. Would like to keep a max slot open when Giannius becomes a free agent. AD is great but is injury prone, so would like to keep our pick if in the top 2.
Juliano
Member: #7589

2/9/2019  2:23 AM
TLover wrote:Looks like DSJr is our point guard of the future.

Or they're building up his value as a bargaining chip to trade up for Zion since the odds are that they don't get 1st pick.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2019  3:02 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

Mudiays whole career is proof lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718

2/9/2019  8:27 PM
martin wrote:Mudiays whole career is proof lol
So let’s ignore his play this season got it. What has Franks career shown so far and DSJr for that matter
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/9/2019  9:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
So let's ignore his play this season got it. What has Franks career shown so far and DSJr for that matter

That’s called deflection.

And Mudiay has played a bit better than last and maybe previously in general but it’s still way below where any playoff team would want him.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718

2/9/2019  10:05 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
So let's ignore his play this season got it. What has Franks career shown so far and DSJr for that matter
That’s called deflection.

And Mudiay has played a bit better than last and maybe previously in general but it’s still way below where any playoff team would want him.

Not deflecting. Saying that he’s our best choice in the current roster and if that’s not a playoff team caliber PG, that’s fine. Let’s ship all 3 of them out then. No double standards
Cartman718

2/9/2019  10:40 PM
mudiay, dsjr, frank this season.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Emmanuel+Mudiay&player_id1_select=Emmanuel+Mudiay&y1=2019&player_id1=mudiaem01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Dennis+Smith+Jr.&player_id2_select=Dennis+Smith+Jr.&y2=2019&player_id2=smithde03&idx=players&player_id3_hint=Frank+Ntilikina&player_id3_select=Frank+Ntilikina&y3=2019&player_id3=ntilila01&idx=players
Players remaining on our team...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy